Soul Vine | m.yg

By layerjoon

"I don't know if you expected a fairytale with me, but you can't have one. I'm fucked, my history is fucked... More

Introduction
1: Prolouge༄
2:Shadows༄
3: New Beginnings༄
4: Silhouette༄
5: Soul Tied༄
6: Lost and Found༄
7: A Newbie Thing༄
8: Waiting Game༄
9: Angry Little Man༄
10: Here In The Garden༄
11: Hide and Seek༄
12: Night Sky༄
13: Morning Sickness༄
14: Seven༄
15: Search and Recover ༄
16: Reunited༄
17: The Truth ༄
19: Sleepless ༄
20: Secrets ༄
21: Cards ༄
22: Discussion ༄
23: Trying ༄

18: Heated Nights ༄

76 15 4
By layerjoon

The discharge process was quick and quiet.

Once Mr. Min returned for them, they were ushered out the back door and into a luxurious looking black van. Eden managed to catch a glimpse of the outside before she got in. It was nighttime, which would explain her exhaustion, and it seemed like the area outside the... jail... was covered in plush vegetation, with trees towering over every inch of the property.

She slid into one of the many rows of seats, landing between Hoseok and Jungkook. A big part of her was glad to be next to such comforting presences, but a tiny, angrier part wanted nothing to do with them.

That proved impossible once Jungkook threw his arm around Eden's seat, the same way he did the day they met.

She glanced up at him, startling a bit when she noticed he was already looking at her. He quirked his eyebrow up, his lips pulling into his flirty smirk.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey...?"

"Come here often?"

She choked on her laugh, trying to stifle it before she drew attention to herself. She settled for hitting him playfully, to which he broke from his flirty grin and let his smile take over his entire face.

"You're ridiculous," she mumbled.

"I just wanted to see you smile."

He sighed, his own smile dissolving as he stared ahead. Eden knew guilt was killing him, that he felt partially responsible for her lack of smiles. As much as she wanted to remain stubborn, she knew it didn't make sense— the boys left Iphorus 7 years ago. She couldn't be mad at them for wanting to keep their past behind them.

"I'm okay," she said softly. "Just.. it's a lot to process."

Jungkook looked back at her, his dark eyebrows lost in his sea of hair. "Can I help?"

She shrugged. "I just... assassins?"

"Well..." Jungkook scratched his neck sheepishly. "We told you before, this place really sucked. That guy, Einar, rose to power and fucked up everything. It was a dog-eat-dog world out there."

"But why would you all turn to crime?"

"Jungkook barely knows anything." Hoseok piped up.

The two turned their attention to the brunette who was leaning against the window. He blew his hair out of his face and looked at them before continuing. "Remember, he was only 12 when we left. He might have known what we did but we didn't give him details. He's a baby."

"Was," the younger corrected. "I'll be 20 next year."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I understand being apprehensive now since we never told you the truth, but you and Jungkook are close, and he's just as in the dark as you. Don't let this strain your friendship."

"I'm not apprehensive," Eden mumbled. "I'm just... surprised. I know you guys said you were all different people 7 years ago, but you have to admit being wanted criminals is a lot to digest."

Hoseok shrugged. "That's true."

He returned his attention outside of the window, leaving Eden and Jungkook to their own conversation. There was something... off about him. Granted, no one was in the happiest mood, but Hoseok seemed downright enraged. His dark brown eyes were ablaze with an untraceable emotion, and Eden didn't like it one bit. She turned her attention back to Jungkook, staring at him with questions in her eyes. He pulled his eyes from Hoseok and met her gaze, sighing and using the hand draped around her seat to ruffle her hair.

After a bit, the car rolled to a stop. Mr. Min yelled something from his seat in the front and the engine shut off. Hoseok sighed, running his hands through his hair and peeling himself from the window. He muttered something bitterly before unbuckling his seat belt.

"We're here." Yoongi's low growl sounded through the car. He turned around to check on everyone in the rows behind him. His eyes lingered for a moment, and Eden could tell he was looking for her. Before he could find her, the doors of the car swung open, hitting everyone with a gust of hot air. It seemed like it was summer in Iphorus-- if they even had seasons-- and while it was nice to be away from the bitter cold of winter, the heat did not make the circumstances any more inviting.

"Come, come, let's get out of the car now."

Dozens of men in expensive suits were outside the car. They formed a path with men on each side and ushered everyone out of the van. Jimin nudged a sleeping Taehyung and pulled him out, keeping his arm around him protectively. Jungkook was next, sliding out of his seat and turning to offer his hand to Eden. Before she could grab his hand, one of the men swatted him away and pushed him away from the car.

"Hey! He was just trying to help!"

The man ignored her, holding his hand out instead. "You're the kid's soul-tie, right? Come with me."

She peered behind her at Hoseok, whose face was set in the deadliest scowl she'd ever seen. He met her eyes and gave a small nod, showing it was okay for her to go. Hesitantly, she turned back around and placed her hand in the larger one waiting for her, allowing herself to be pulled out of the car.

Yoongi stood off to the side with his hands in his back pockets. He was out of the hospital gowns now, dressed in a button up and slacks just like his father. The shirt was a deep maroon, a stark contrast against his pale skin. The outfit mixed with his tattoos was a dizzying combination, and even in the dark of the night Eden could make out all the ink on his uncovered skin. She trailed her eyes from the wing across his throat to his face, watching as his tongue poked at his lip ring dangerously while he waited for her to join him.

Shit. He's hot.

Unlike her earlier observation of "pretty", Eden always understood that Yoongi was, objectively and without a doubt, hot. All seven of them were. She had swallowed the thought when they first met since she was just there to get a piercing, but now, in the thick, sweltering heat of a foreign place, Yoongi's hotness was too intense to ignore.

And she did not mean his temperature.

His dark, mischievous eyes blinked slowly once she was next to him. He looked annoyed, but she could tell he was stifling most of it because she was near. His jaw was tight and his tongue was restless in his mouth. He held out his hand, and once Eden grabbed it they started walking through the path made by the guards.

"Are you okay?"

Eden pushed her brows together. "I feel like I should be asking you that question."

"I'm in familiar territory. You're in a completely different realm."

"Fair," Eden mumbled. "I guess it hasn't hit me yet. I haven't had much of a normal couple weeks."

Yoongi nodded quietly. "Well," he sighed. "It can get weirder." He stopped walking and used his free hand to point ahead of them. "Welcome to my house."

Eden looked up and nearly passed out.

The house-- no, the mansion that stood before them was intimidating, to say the very least. It loomed over them at such a height, Eden nearly fell backwards trying to see all of it. It was obvious Mr. Min spared no expense in making his house the fanciest it could be. The outside was pristine white marble, with not a single speck of dirt anywhere. There were plush trees everywhere on the outside, with perfectly trimmed hedges and grass lining the driveway. Giant columns littered with gold flakes framed the entryway, and paired with the soft moonlight it shined on them like golden sun rays.

"Holy shit," she breathed.

Yoongi sighed. "Yeah. Holy shit."

He started walking again, pulling Eden with him to the entrance. More men in suits stood by the door, unmoving. When the duo stepped up, one of the guards held his hand out.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "What?"

"We weren't told to expect an 8th party," the guard said flatly. "Who is this?"

"She's with me, that's all you need to know."

Before the man could protest, Yoongi barreled past his hand, holding Eden close to his side with a glare that sent shivers down her spine.

The rest of the boys stood in what Eden could only describe as a grand hall. The walls stretched up from the shiny marble floors high above their heads. They met at the ceiling, curving into each other to form a dome. Art was hung on every visible surface, along with intricate and expensive looking vases placed on various tables around them.

Jungkook whistled. "It's pretty in here."

Yoongi merely grunted in response.

Yohan stepped into the room cheerfully, his dress shoes clicking against the floor with every step he took. One of the well dressed men was hot on his footsteps, and only then did it dawn on Eden that they were bodyguards. Mr. Min stopped in front of the group, the grin on his face not faltering for a second. He clapped his large hands together, capturing everyone's attention.

"I'm sure you've all had a tiring couple days, hm?"

The various grunts in response proved his point.

"Precisely. I'm sure you're all dying to get to bed. I've gone ahead and reserved the right wing on the second floor for you all. There are four bedrooms, so you'll have to pair up."

He gestured to the man behind him. "Jeffery here will escort you to your quarters," he beamed. He cleared his throat for a moment before looking back at the group with dangerous eyes. "This should go without saying, but there will be no escaping of any kind. There are guards surrounding the entire house, and if any of you try some funny business, you'll be on the next shuttle to prison."

His grin widened, devilish and almost catlike. "I hope we're all in understanding. Goodnight, Bangtan. You're in Jeffery's hands now."

With that, he click-clacked away.

The group turned with waiting eyes to Jeffery, who let out a large breath once Yohan was out of sight. Yoongi raised an eyebrow curiously.

"You okay there, Jeffery?"

The well dressed man shook his head, mumbling something about hating his job before turning on his heels and motioning for the group to follow him. He walked a decent distance ahead, giving them space to work out the sleeping arrangements.

There was an unspoken, uniform understanding that Eden and Yoongi would bunk together. Said blonde still had a steady grip on her hand, and it didn't seem like he would be letting go any time soon. The group began to mumble among themselves about who would sleep with who.

"Well," Jin muttered, his thick lips pressing together in thought. "Namjoon snores, so I'm not sleeping in the same room as him."

Namjoon looked scandalized. "I thought I was getting better," he mumbled.

"I snore too," Jungkook piped. "So I guess Namjoon and I should sleep together?"

"Pick the room farthest away from me," Yoongi growled.

Jimin's puffy cheeks stretched as he smiled. "I can sleep with Tae," he offered. "Which means Hobi and Jin are together."

The group let out murmurs of agreement, everyone beginning to pair off with the person they'd be bunking with indefinitely. Jeffrey led them up a gleaming spiral staircase and through the overlook before opening a door that led to a smaller hallway.

"The right wing," he muttered. "There are some clothes on the beds for you all to sleep in. If you need anything, I'll be out here all night."

Jungkook grinned, the grin that made him look like the mischievous 19 year old he was instead of a mysterious magical tattoo artist. He patted Jeffrey on the shoulder as he walked past. "You're doing great, Jeff," he beamed.

Namjoon mumbled an apology as he walked in after the youngest, with everyone following suit. The door to the hallway shut behind them, and for the first time in a very long time, the eight of them were alone.

There was an air of heaviness that hung over the group, despite Jungkook's playful teasing. They knew he was trying to make them laugh in a horrible situation, and they appreciated it, but the severity of everything that happened within the past two days was too much to bear, and it showed. Everyone looked exhausted, especially Taheyung, whose face was set in a constant pout after he was ripped from his sleep.

They all leaned against various door frames, wordlessly claiming rooms for the night. Yoongi let out a long sigh, the anger in his jaw dissolving as he exhaled.

"Get some sleep," he muttered. "We'll have a talk tomorrow."

Jin reached over and patted the blonde's head with a sad smile on his face. "Sleep well, Yoon."

The others murmured in agreement, sharing sad smiles of their own before turning and disappearing into their rooms.

"Let's go to bed," Yoongi sighed.

He pulled Eden into the room behind them, closing the door once they were in. The room was massive, way bigger than her room in their other house. A king sized bed sat in the middle of the room with a velvet royal blue comforter thrown over it. In fact, most of the room was royal blue and white. It looked expensive, and paired with Mr. Min's psychotic personality, it made her afraid to touch anything.

Yoongi, on the other hand, didn't care. He pulled off his shoes and shoved them into a corner, grabbing one of the two piles of folded clothes on the bed. He turned to go into the en suite bathroom, but paused when he noticed Eden lingering by the door.

He raised his eyebrow in question. "You okay?"

Jumping from her reverie, she blinked. "Um." She paused. Was she okay? She had a blinding headache and anxiety was tingling up and down her spine. "I don't know. I think I'm overwhelmed."

Yoongi nodded in understanding. "I get it. It's a lot, isn't it?"

At her nod, he sighed, letting his eyes trail away. "This is why I was so angry when we met," he mumbled. "My freedom was a ticking time bomb. I knew it would explode one day and I wanted to minimize the casualties. I already dragged six other people in the mess and I couldn't fathom there being a seventh."

Eden winced. It was just like Jin told her. He felt guilty, and the only way he knew how to deal with that guilt was anger.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

He shook his head. "I'm the one who should apologize. I shouldn't have been so cold when we met. It wasn't your fault."

He let out a shuddering breath before looking back at her. "Anyway, it's late. Let's get ready for bed. Do you want to change in the bathroom?"

She nodded, grabbing her pile of clothes off the bed. Yoongi stepped back and let her into the bathroom, giving her one of his tiny smiles as she closed the door. Once it clicked shut, Eden locked the door and pressed her back against it, sliding to the ground as she groaned.

This was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 10.4K 71
What if you're about to meet the people you work for and they're also your Idols? And one gives you the Soul Mark after you kiss? Do you tell them? O...
243K 9.3K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
1.5K 147 20
[COMPLETED] I smiled at Hoseok. He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me closer to his chest. Jungkook started to catch up. When he saw us he stopped...
365K 15.3K 75
The Blue Diamond "Where he thought he was a Monster and she thought of him her Miracle." "You are nothing but a fragile girl inside the tough demeano...