Said Roommate

By secernate

Bailey and Talia. Roommates and best friends. Love cuts through their reign when Talia decides its time to mo... More

Prologue
1: Said Best
2: Said Motivational Speaker
3: Said Superior
4: Said Cover
5: Said Sexual Tension
6: Said Friendship
7: Said Best Man
8: Said Keeper
9: Said Turn-On
10: Said Lazy Ass
11: Said Finesse
12: Said Topper
13: Said Self-Control
14: Said Hypocrisy
15: Said Shame
17: Said Strip
18: Said Kinky
19: Said Idiot
20: Said Affection
21: Said Desire
22: Said Health Kick
23: Said Bragging Rights
24: Said Spark
25: Said Favorite
26: Said Fantasies
27: Said Sobriety
28: Said Freaky Shit
29: Said Orgy
30: Said Birdie
31: Said Confessions
32: Said Move
33: Said Infatuation (Pt. 1)
33: Said Infatuation (Part 2)
34: Said Romantic
35: Said Morals
36: Said Girlfriend
37: Said Hostility
38: Said Communication
39: Said Sister
40: Said Bouquet
41: Said Date
42: Said Relationship
43: Said Spontaneity
Not an Update
44: Said Moment
45: Said Goodbyes
Epilogue
Short Story + Q&A

16: Said First Love

37.6K 1K 188
By secernate

“Carter! Can you come in here please?” I called out to him while admiring myself in my floor length mirror.

“What,” he groaned.

“Is this dress fucᴋable?” I patted down the material once again. It was a sparkling red. “Or should I go with the black and gold one?” He stared at me in confusion. “Which dress looks better?”

“Red is not your color.”

“How kind of you to say that?” I rolled my eyes and peeled the red dress off. After zipping up the black and gold one, I twirled in the mirror. “That’s another addition.” He looked puzzled. I motioned to my suitcase mainly consisting of black, gold, and white.

“You have a problem.” He walked out of my bedroom. “We’re leaving in thirty minutes.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I sat on my suitcase and zipped it up. After putting on a manageable amount of clothing, I dragged my suitcase to the front door hoping I had enough clothes for this trip to Vegas and Malibu. “You’re driving? Right?”

“Apparently since you’re incapable of doing so.” I kicked him in the back of his knee as payback for his snarky comment. “What the hell is your problem?”

“Don’t be rude.” He muttered obscenities under his breath as we exited the apartment. After placing our suitcases in the car, I closed the trunk and came around the passenger side.

“Do we drive straight there?”

“Nah. We’re going to Talia’s first. She has food.” We pulled out the parking lot. The ten minute drive was filled with me singing along to pop songs playing on the radio.

So it's gonna be forever

Or it's gonna go down in flames

You can tell me when it's over

If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers

They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

The car turned off and so did the music. “It was almost done.”

“You always try to kill me with your singing. I swear.” I rolled my eyes and got out the car. I scampered up the steps and walked into Talia’s unlocked apartment.

“Finally! Bailey, you are always late.” Reese said.

“I just finished packing.” Carter walked in behind me.

“Where’s the food?”

“With the guys in the kitchen,” Ashley nodded her head off in that direction. “So anyway. When are you going to the OB-GYN?”

“I guess when I get back. I’ve decided I’m only going to the casino. You guys can club without me.” Talia reclined in her chair and stared wistfully at her stomach.

“We’re growing up. Starting families and shit. I’m gonna cry.” Reese looked like a bundle of emotions.

“Did you tell your mother? Your father?” I asked Tal.

“Nope. Maybe after the doctor’s appointment. Let’s hope Mom doesn’t flip her shit.”

We talked some more until the guys filed in. “What did I tell you guys about condoms? You use them to prevent things like this from happening.” Sam said.

“Shut up. They seem happy. Plus, a baby is what we need in our little friend-family.” Ashley remarked before pulling Sam onto the couch, next to her.

“Don’t get any ideas Ashley,” Kyle remarked. We broke into laughter as Ashley and Sam turned red simultaneously.

~∞~

“I’m bored.” I sighed. We’d been on the road for half an hour.

“And what am I supposed to do about that?”

“We should play a game.”

“I’m driving a car,” Carter enunciated his statement as if I were slow.

“Don’t get smart with me.” I warned him. “We should play ‘I Spy’ or the Question Game. Anything to relieve me of this boredom.”

Carter sighed before asking the first question. “When’s your birthday?”

“That’s too easy, but August 22nd. My golden birthday’s this year,” I cheered. “What’s your body count?”

“What the hell? What type of question is that?”

“I just want to know. I’m curious.” I shrugged my shoulders while waiting for an answer.

“I don’t know. I lost count after my sophomore year of college.” I broke out into fits of hysteria. “Why are you laughing? You aren’t so innocent yourself.”

“I beg your pardon.” I scoffed.

“Fine. What’s your body count?”

“Between 25 and 50. I keep a lot of friends for entertainment.” I wiggled my eyebrows for emphasis. Carter shook his head at me, but there was a hint of a smile on his face. “Do you have any illegitimate children?”

“Really Bailey?” I nodded. “No.”

“I’m surprised. I would’ve thought you-,” I was cut off.

“My turn.” He racked his mind for questions while I paid attention to the endless highway before us. “First love?”

“I don’t think I’ve ever loved somebody.” I thought long and hard about it.

“Fine. First crush?” I began laughing again.

“That’s a funny story.” I reminisced on that memory with Christian. “It was my best friend. He’s tied down now. Thank God it wasn’t awkward between us.”

“That’s so cliché.”

“No it’s not. It would be cliché if we ended up falling in love and getting married. My mom’s still holding out for us.” I leaned back in my seat and put my feet on the side mirror. “What about you?”

“I’ve only been in three actual relationships.”

“You’re kidding me.” He shook his head. “Who were they? Why’d you break up? Did you ever cheat?”

“I feel like I’m in a police interrogation.”

“Answer them. This is fascinating.”

He blew out a breath of air. “The first one. Her dad tried to kill me after he found out I popped his daughter’s cherry. Haven’t seen her since. The second one, she moved to Italy. I don’t believe in long distance. The third one. She cheated on me.”

“That sucks. Does she live in LA?”

“Yup. She came to the bar once with her new boyfriend. It was awkward.”

“So you do have emotions then.”

“I’ve always had emotions.” He sounded confused.

“I meant you’re capable of loving someone unlike me apparently.” I fiddled with my phone, reading Ashley’s complaints about Sam. “It’s your turn.”

“On a scale of one to ten, how attracted are you to me?”

My laughter sounded throughout the car. “You are so egotistical, you know that?”

“Answer the question. I’m curious.”

“Eight, but you’re teetering on a seven.” He looked at me in genuine shock before realizing he was driving.

“You really said that out loud.”

“Life’s too short to beat around the bush.”

“True.” I napped for an hour only to wake up to Carter on the phone. “This upcoming exit… Fast food... I’m trying to get to Vegas soon.”

“Who is that?” I made a face at the raspy sound of my voice.

“Adam,” he mouthed. I nodded and leaned against the window. We turned into an exit and stopped at a gas station. I got out of the car and stretched my limbs out.

“We are going to McDonald’s whether you like it or not. I want a burger and damn it, I will get one.” I could hear Ashley from where I was. She came out of the car looking like a mess. Kyle looked distressed. He was riding with them, and I felt bad.

He sauntered over to me. “I’m riding with you.”

“Didn’t you take your car?”

“Sam can drive it. Ashley has done nothing but complain.” I shrugged. I sauntered over to Ashley and hooked my arm through hers.

“Let’s go to McDonalds.” After crossing the road, we went in and made everyone’s orders. The wait was over by the time the rest of the gang filed in. We decided on eating there for a break. “Only two more hours of pain. I can’t believe we’re actually doing this.”

“You can only go to Vegas once.” Kyle said.

“We have to make the most of one night. Tonight, let’s get the strip clubs out of the way and the casino. We can get through our hangovers tomorrow morning and chill at the hotel. Maybe hit up the pool before we leave.” Reese decided. It made sense for one night becasue Vegas hotels were exensive as hell.

“That’s actually not a bad idea. Kudos to you.” Reese looked flattered before waving me off. After the quick meal, we disperse back to our designated cars, Kyle riding with us instead.

“You sure you’re not tired?” I asked Carter.

“I’m fine.”

“I don’t believe you.” I snatched the keys out of his hand and tossed them to Kyle. “You’re turn.”

“I just finished driving too, and I’m pretty tired. The only one left is you.” I let out a groan of frustration before heading to the driver’s seat.

“If you don’t wanna drive, I can do it.” Carter offered.

“I’d rather drive than get into an accident.” Carter and Kyle were out like lights as soon as I hit the highway.

~∞~

When the boys woke up, we reached Vegas and were looking around for our hotel. It was getting dark and nearing eight.  “Reese, I don’t see it.” I said through the phone.

“The sign is a big flashing sign.” I heard Adam in the background.

“You must of forgot this is Bailey you’re speaking to,” he remarked.

“Adam, I’m fighting you as soon as I get out the car.” Talia got on the phone. Since she was the one who understood me, she gave me clear directions to the hotel.

“Thanks. I can always count on you Tal.”

“No problem Bails.” I hung up when I pulled into the parking lot.

“You know we have a GPS right.” Carter spoke up.

“Thanks for letting me know.” I said sarcastically. I got my suitcase out of the trunk and walked over to the entrance.

“Kyle, Carter, and Bailey can share a room. They’re all single. They can probably have a threesome with each other.” James wasn’t aware that I walked in.

“You know I can hear you, right?”

“That’s even better.” I glared at him.

“We’ve got two keys. Each room has two bedrooms. We can divide it boys and girls. Done deal.” We muttered ‘whatevers’ and followed the guy leading us to our rooms.

“I was really looking forward to that threesome, unless you wanted to go at it just the two of us.” I elbowed Carter in the stomach making him back away from me. 

***

Look at me with these updates. It's a filler. Fun in the next chapter. Drama in the one after that, Then the wedding unless I change my mind. You'll get to meet Kyle's on-and-off girlfriend. Big fun...then the story picks up, hopefully. I'm fixing some kinks.

Vote, comment, follow! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.5K 27
Complete✔️ *** "Everything I said yesterday was true. You drive me crazy Adrian." Our lips are inches apart. He pulls my head up exposing my neck. "D...
356K 18.8K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
20K 243 40
After Aria finds out about Ezra's book and how he was using her for research, Aria finds comfort in the towns resident mystery, Jason, brother of dea...
611 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...