Silver Lining - Korrasami

By korrasamiisbae

Korra is in the process of healing after her battle with Zaheer. Asami decides to help Korra with her journey... More

Confessions
A Chance
Getaway
Opportunity
Revelations
Secrets
Pain
The Next Level
First Time
Love
Honeymoon

I Do

996 25 16
By korrasamiisbae

Three. Three days to go until the big moment arrives. The wedding of the Avatar and the CEO of Future Industries. The press had a field day with the news, publishing it everywhere. It was never really private when it came to Korra and Asami's relationship and this was no different. The Wedding Of The Year!

But the couple had managed to keep the location under wraps. This was an important and magical day for them and they are not gonna let reporters storm their wedding. So they decided to have the wedding at Air Temple Island. 

Pema, Tenzin and the kids were busy organizing the place for the wedding with the help of the air acolytes. It was a busy week at the island...preparing every square inch for the big day. 

Korra kept the guest list to a minimum, only inviting their closest friends and family. But this wasn't the case for Asami. She had no family to attend. Her father was still in jail and was not allowed to come for the wedding. But at least she had her friends with her.

All the guest were staying at the island. Senna and Tonraq came a week before the wedding. Bolin, Opal and Mako were there too. Other guests included Lin, Kya, Su and Toph. The last guest to arrive was Iroh as he had to travel from the fire nation. Everyone was settled in, helping however they can. 

**********

It was Saturday already. Time flies when you're planning a wedding. And today, it's the real deal.

It was a beautiful sight at Air Temple Island. The wedding hall was set in the temple. Thousands of flowers and ornaments were adequately decorated along the walls. Seats were set in front of the altar and a huge palanquin beside it. The guests had finally started arriving as the event was about to begin soon.

Four hours earlier

 Korra and Asami were kept in separate rooms. They hadn't seen each other for 24 hours under Senna's orders. It was bad luck to see your partner right before the wedding. Even though it was silly, the couple obliged out of respect to her.

Asami had hired hair stylists and makeup artists and many more people whose professions Korra could not remember. She was too busy being touched and poked by various random people who thought they knew her body and appearance better than her. She did not like it at all but went with it since Asami insisted her to. She could suck it up for a day. Besides, this was her wedding anyway. 

Pema and Senna went out for shopping two days before the wedding for the bridal dresses. If anyone could get the couple dressed, it was them. 

As soon as Asami finished with her cosmetics, she had Pema help her with the dress. It was a pure white mermaid wedding dress with a sweetheart neckline and complimented with a long veil. Korra in the other room had her mom help her out. She wore a white V-neck dress also with a veil. 

"You're so beautiful Korra. I've always imagined this day and you just look perfect. I love you so much darling. Senna said teary eyed.

"Thanks mom. I love you too." Korra replied.

**********

Present

Tonraq was waiting at behind the closed door waiting for his daughter. It was customary that a male figure whom was close to the bride to walk them down the aisle. And for Korra it was her father. As soon as he laid his eyes on her, tears ran down his cheek.

"My daughter is all grown up now isn't she?" After a small silence, he continued. "I'm proud of you kiddo. I've always been." Tonraq said.

"Aww dad..." Korra had to hold in tears as to not ruin her makeup. They hugged and slowly walked in the hall, down the aisle. Mellow music was playing at the background. Varrick was quite the musician.

They reached the front and Tonraq let Korra's hand go after a kiss on her forehead. He went back to his seat watching his daughter take the next step in her life.

Soon came Asami's turn. She waited behind the door for a few minutes. She was anxious because she had no one to walk her down the aisle. She always mentioned to Korra that she will walk in on her own but Korra felt bad for her. It was their wedding and no fiancee of hers will be walking down the aisle on her own. So Korra had asked for backup without letting Asami know.

Asami was almost beginning to cry. She had to go in one way or another. As she was reaching for the door handles, she felt a hand on her shoulders. 

"Need a hand?" 

"Bolin, what are you doing here?" Asami asked weepingly.

"Well, you need someone to walk you down the aisle don't you." Bolin wiped off Asami's tears with his fingers. "Korra told me your father couldn't make it so I thought I could help. If that's ok with you."

Asami wrapped Bolin in a tight grip and he took it as a yes.

"Come on, let's go. Your future awaits."

Listen to Perfect by Ed Sheeran while reading this part

 As the door opened, there she was. Korra's bride to be. Her mind drifted off thinking about the first time they both said "I love you" to each other. She could remember that day perfectly. As the music started playing, Korra could see Asami again at the door beside Bolin. She looked so beautiful. 

I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Bolin led Asami from the entrance. "Smile, this is all for you." Bolin whispered. Asami could not believe her eyes. The hall was so beautifully decorated but one thing caught her eyes more. The woman in front of her in a simple and elegant white dress. She blushed at the sight of Korra but she managed to keep a smile.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Korra was flustered. Seeing Asami in that majestic dress made her heart skip a beat. Possibly even two beats. Asami truly looked like an angel to her.

As Asami continued walking down the aisle, she controlled herself not to cry. Everyone was watching. Even though it was a small crowd, she did not want to ruin her makeup.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Bolin let go of Asami's hand as they reached the altar. Her gave a small kiss holding up her arms and said, "Go get her Sato." 

Asami got onto the altar and stood beside Korra. She took a glimpse of Korra and turned forward as the ceremony began.

Bumi volunteered to be the officiant. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the spiritual union between Avatar Korra and Asami Sato." Both of them looked to each other with smiles on their faces.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

"Have you prepared any vows?" Bumi asked to them both.

"Yes." Both of them answered simultaneously.

Then, Mako came forward handing them their vows. 

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your girl
I see my future in your eyes

Korra began...

"I was a scared little girl when I first came to Republic City. Being the Avatar didn't make that any easier. But someone did. It was you, Asami. When I first met you, I had you pegged wrong and now I'm happy you get to prove me wrong everyday. You were there at my highest. You were there at my lowest. You were there when no one else could be. When I first got injured, you went out of your way to help me get back on my feet. You sacrificed your time, you sacrificed yourself...for me. This only made me love you more. I may not remember when I first started loving you, but what I do know is that you will always have my heart and my love for eternity. I love you Asami Sato." Korra wiped off a tear at the end.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

"Korra...I was just a single woman running a business before you got here. That was all I wanted, to reach to the top. But then I met you. And you taught me so many things about life that I don't think I could have ever learned about without you. You were my breath of fresh air and that was what made me fall in love with you. I've known you for almost a decade now but I feel as if I've loved you from the beginning of time. You are my heart and soul. I don't think I could have gotten here if it wasn't for you. And I'm happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you Avatar Korra. Till the end of time." Asami was teary eyed.

Bumi continued...

"Avatar Korra, do you take Asami Sato as your wife?"

"I do." Korra answered softly.

"Asami Sato, do you take Avatar Korra to be your wife?"

"I do." Asami answered.

"Well, with that being said... I take the spirits as witness to this proclamation. I now pronounce you married. You may kiss your bride."

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

Asami grabbed Korra by the waist to pull her down and give a lustrous kiss. Cheering was heard in the background as Korra accepted the kiss by holding onto Asami's cheek. As soon as they let go, they held each others hands and walked towards the doors. 

Opal handed them their bouquet. Asami and Korra looked at each other and both of them threw their bouquets. As they turned around, they saw that Jinora had caught one of the bouquets. Searching for the second one, they heard a loud scream from the crowd. A hand pulled up showing the bouquet and they walked out of the crowd. It was Opal.

"Well, looks like we got ourselves two more weddings." Asami smirked. Korra could only laugh at the remark.

Then, they walked out of the hall and into the main area where the reception party was about to take place. But before anything could happen, they had asked for a minute on their own. The guests remained inside.

Korra held Asami's hand. They walked towards the patio to enjoy the sunset.

"Thank you for being my girlfriend Korra... I mean wife." Asami smiled

"Wow, that was weird to hear." Korra joked.

"I know right." Asami replied.

"Well, now that you're stuck with me, we might as well get used to it." Korra smirked.

"I'm the Avatar's wife. Has a nice ring to it." Asami replied.

"I love you Asami."

"I love you Korra."

Ok so this is my longest chapter in the book and I'm so happy that they finally got married. So, I have plans for another chapter but I might make it into two chapters depending on how much I can write but no promises. All I can say for now is that there will be another chapter. This is  not the end. I am grateful for all of my readers and I hope you love this book just as much as I do. Please comment suggestions on how I could do better in the next book( oh yes, there will be a next book ) and please vote so that this story can reach out to others more. Thank you very much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 170 23
*Korra and Asami's life continues after 'Ruins of the Empire'. Korra and Asami are back in Republic City following the defeat of Guan. For once ever...
9.8K 341 24
"I want you to know, though, that it wasn't just a desire to keep balance in the world that pushed me to sign up for this, again and again." After su...
37.1K 1K 23
The story start as Korra and Asami enter the Spirit world. We will find the relationship of Korra and Asami bloom as they encounter new enemies and g...
63.8K 1.4K 34
After a heart-wrenching breakup with Asami, Korra returns to Zaofu to train metalbending with Master Kuvira, who is under house arrest at the Beifong...