Finally Found You (TayNew AU)

Oleh GoldenOwl28

All he wants is to have a choice in his life, to choose who to love and be with... All he longs for is to bel... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

356 31 10
Oleh GoldenOwl28

No one spoke during the whole commute home. Krist was deathly nervous thinking about what his brother would do or say to him when they finally get home as he was playing with his sweaty palms, trying to calm down. He was in his own mind, formulating ways how to best tell New what he did and what happened, and convince him that he didn't mean to cause such trouble for him, especially at New's work place.

They didn't have the best track record growing up, hence his hesitation about the inevitable talk later. Despite the state of their household growing up, Krist really tried to get closer to New but somehow, he felt that his brother found him all but an annoyance because all his efforts were always denied. Instances such as the time Krist invited him to play together outside but his brother chose to stay in their shared room instead, or the times when he'd throw silly tantrums to get his attention but New kept on ignoring him. To him, all those pointed to New hating him. Their relationship somehow got better when they were older but he still felt that New was still holding back on him so he always tried to do things to gain his brother's affection.

When they eventually got home, New immediately sat by one of the chairs in the living room, massaging his sore neck, his eyes closed. With measured steps, Krist carefully took the seat opposite his brother, dreading what's to come. Well, here goes nothing.

"Phi.... I'm–" Krist gulped one more time and inhaled a deep breath. "I'm sorry na Phi. I didn't mean for this to happen. It was just.... Well I received your text to P'Jen apologizing that you were running late for your next job and I–"

"Wait. You what?" New asked confused.

"Yeah look" Krist said as he showed New's text earlier that night. "Anyway, I... I know how much you value your job and I didn't want you to get in trouble for being late or something.... so I thought that maybe I could punch in and work in your stead until you got there, you know as 'you'. I talked to P'Mike and the guys so they lent me your uniform and all that. Everything was going fine but then.... I'm really sorry Phi."

New just looked at his brother and all he saw was remorse written all over his face.

"I just... I just wanted to help you out for once Phi, that's why I went there... That's why I did it. If I knew it'd cause you trouble instead then I wouldn't have gone there." Krist continued with his head hang low.

Moments of silence followed after that and Krist was waiting for the pin to drop, knowing how much of an inconvenience his actions brought on instead of relief, but nothing happened. Instead, he felt a hand ruffle his hair and a deep sigh above him so he looked up to New to see his reaction.

"Have you eaten yet?" was all New asked him with his hand finally landing on Krist's shoulder giving it a soft squeeze. Krist blinked a few times, trying to dispel whatever illusion might be happening. He was sure New would be mad at him for getting him in trouble like that but that was all New said before he went to the kitchen, leaving Krist with his mouth open.

New opened the pot on the stove to check what they were having for dinner when he was surprised to feel someone hug him tightly from behind. He smiled to himself and patted the two arms around him.

"What?" New asked endearingly.

"Sorry Phi. For being a huge burden to you and Nana....." Krist said with his head pressed on New's back. "And thank you na..... For everything.... For all the things that you're doing for us, for enduring things for us, and most of all.... Thank you na Phi, for being my brother" He hugged his brother tighter, trying to convey his gratitude towards him.

New turned to look at his brother, moved by his baby brother's sentiments and cupped Krist's face. "Well next time at least give me a heads up. Or better yet try not to do something as stupid as that in the future, hmm?" New snorted as he pinched Krist's soft cheeks.

The mood lightened up between the two brothers and as they were having a moment, their Nana was just by the kitchen door watching over them with a light heart. She cleared her throat loud enough to catch their attention and soon, the small family was around the table eating together peacefully. Krist knew that after that moment, him and New took one step closer to mending their relationship as brothers.

FEW DAYS LATER.....

It was a slow day at the café and so, the staff had some time to themselves. The three friends were in the break area, each of them doing their own things – Win was on his laptop finishing the lay-outs for their new pamphlets, Podd was looking up new recipes for pastries he wants to try out to add to their menu, while New was on his phone with a small pout on his face as if waiting for someone's call.

It didn't go unnoticed by Win when he looked up from his laptop to ask for their opinions as they were just opposite one another so with a pointed look he asked New.

"What's wrong Newwie?"

New didn't even hear Win the first time he spoke so he called his friend a few more times before he got his attention. "Huh?"

"I asked if something's wrong. You seem out of sorts lately. Is everything alright at home?" Win asked worriedly.

New heaved a heavy sigh and lied back at his seat. "It's nothing."

"Come on now. You know you can tell me anything. What is it?"

New contemplated if he should share it to his friends or not. It wasn't a big issue so he didn't feel the need to share it but the look of worry on Win's face was doing something to New's conscience that he knew he had to say it. Just as he was about to, the bell at the door rang which signified a costumer entering. Phew. Saved by the bell.

"Someone's here. Maybe some other time Winnie" New said, avoiding his friend's gaze as he went out front to cater to their customer.

He went to get his apron and put his cap on and went up to the counter with a smile.

"Hello! Welcome to Souri Café and Desserts. How can I he–"

"I'll have a large iced, sugar-free, vanilla latte with soy milk and a slice of the blueberry cheesecake" the customer ordered even before New finished his greetings. He was wearing thick black sunglasses and a cap to match his casual street clothes but the way he wore them said high fashion.

New just nodded as he took his order. The guy proceeded to seat at one of the tables by the corner which offered a sense of privacy but was close enough to the big window that one can still enjoy the view outside.

As New was preparing the guy's drink, he couldn't help but overhear the guy's conversation on the phone. It seemed that he was having a heated discussion with someone on the phone going by the bits of responses New could hear from him from his station. The man had both his hands clenched on the table as if holding himself back.

"For the last time, I don't care whatever happens to him anymore. He lost that right after that day so stop calling me!"

When he sensed New's presence near him, he ended the call abruptly and placed his phone by the table, turning his head towards the view outside. New carefully laid his order down then left the man to himself as he went back to the break area. Win didn't waste time to ask New to answer his previous question to which New couldn't do anything but answer. "Tell us now. Na Newwie" Win pleaded.

"Ok fine. It's uhm....  It's about uhm.... Well–"

"Wait  a minute. Don't tell me it's who I think it is New" Win said on his behalf as New kept stalling his answer, knowing all too well how Win was going to react once he heard it. It was one of the reasons why New was hesitant to share it in the first place.

"Well?"

New's sheepish smile gave him away and Win just knew that he was right.

"I thought that was over. Didn't you guys break up?"

"It wasn't a break up per se. We just had a disagreement about–"

"Spare me the speech Thitipoom. As if I didn't find you outside my door at, what, 2am in the morning, crying your eyes out after having that big fight last time. Disagreement my ass" Win admonished as he rolled his eyes at New. "What did he say this time?" he continued with a raised brow.

Win and New have been best friends since they were in high school. They were polar opposites of one another, one being loud and wildly outgoing (Win) while the other was more reserved and preferred being by himself (New). Because of a few encounters at school, an unexpected friendship sparked between the two, their mutual love for food contributing greatly, and ever since then, Win has grown to be fiercely protective of his friend. He knew of New's hardships through the years which explains the prodding now and while New appreciated being looked after like this, he sometimes felt too smothered by his friend. He understood Win though because he knew that Win cares for him deeply.

"He apologized for picking a fight with me. He said he's been feeling bad about it and he also said he wants to make up for it that's why–"

"That's why you caved in so easily?" Win interjected.

"Win...."

Win knows his friend's tendency to be forgiving towards others, especially to those he cares about, which is a good thing in itself but people tend to take advantage of it which was why it was concerning as well. "I don't even know what to do with you anymore New. I've been telling you that the guy's bad news. He doesn't deserve you."

"If you're both okay then why the long face?" Podd interrupted after listening to their exchange.

"It's just.... I haven't heard from him in days and... I might just be overthinking things you know. Maybe he's busy or–"

"Busier than you? Heck you're busy as hell yourself and yet, I don't know how you do it, but you still find time for him Newwie. Where's he now, huh? After saying that he'd make up for things, he goes MIA and now...." Win saw the look on New's face after he said it that he knew he crossed the line. He looked to Podd who just shook his head at Win, stopping him from saying anything further.

"Ah ah ah here. Everything will be okay in time so don't think too much about it." Podd said while handing a sweet ice cream sandwich dessert to New to cheer him up. Win didn't add anything and New was grateful for the reprieve.

They were settling just fine among themselves when they heard a commotion inside the café. They ran back to check what the fuss was about when they saw a girl screaming her lungs out at the customer who just came in earlier. He was silently sipping his drink, uninterested by whatever the girl was saying.

"It was you, wasn't it? The reason why he broke up with me? Why?! Who are you to do that huh?! WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE HIM BREAK UP WITH ME?!" She was very hysterical at this moment that Win and the others feared that it might scare the others in the shop.

The guy carefully stood up and walked to her, a bored expression on his face. New couldn't hear what he said but he saw the girl's face contort to that of astonishment and then moved to grab the glass of water on the table next. Without thinking, New put himself between the two and was water slapped by its content. Everyone was shocked by what happened, more so was the girl who did it. New just shook it off and faced the girl sternly.

"I'm sorry Miss, but this is a respectable establishment and we do not condone such actions to be done to our customers. I suggest you to leave now or else I'll report you to the authorities for disruption of our business and for attacking this gentleman here like this" New said calmly.

Before Win or Podd had to step up to help New, the girl just gave one last glare towards the guy customer before turning around to leave while clasping her expensive pouch bag.

"Are you okay, Sir?" asked New to the startled customer who just answered with a nod.

Podd was quick to go to the two with a towel for New while Win apologized to the few people there who witnessed the scene. The guy just looked at New with an unreadable expression while Podd was fussing over New. He cleared his throat timidly which got their attention

"Thank you for that.... although you didn't have to, still thank you na."

New just smiled at him. "You're welcome. Nobody deserves being treated like that and I was only trying to help so I just acted on instinct. I hope you're alright."

He nodded once more and they didn't say anything after. Bowing a final time to excuse themselves, they where stopped by the guy when he eventually extended his hand out to New to which he gladly accepted.

"I'm Gun. And you are?"

"I'm New."

The corners of the short guy's lips went up slightly and his eyes showed something New couldn't explain as they shook their hands.

"We'll be good friends in the future.... I just know it. I hope to see more of you, New."

And with that he left the café leaving New to ponder what he said him.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

145K 3.6K 25
Sticking 2 hot heads with a sex drive higher than their egos together didn't seem smart. But yet that's exactly what happens. Roman and Will didn't h...
161K 6.9K 32
ESTHER SERIES GEN-1 ----- The straight man was not okay with the decision his parents had made for him. But, it does not mean that the other party wa...
12K 664 22
"𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸...
16.7K 1.2K 6
"I'll help you. I'll get you a boyfriend." Tay and New are roommates. Tay and New have an arrangement. It is strictly no strings attached. They lik...