Httyd The Wandering Rider

By insertbook

This story takes place during Httyd race to the edge season 1-6. Our character a male dragon rider Ace Drepps... More

Basically A day of my life
A somewhat of an Ally
Dang nice axe
Shelter from the storm
Resting in a Shack
Pirate troubles

Snow Coming Alive

133 3 1
By insertbook

Hey guys, how's it going? How I'm doing,well it could be better. What some of you didn't ask well suck it up sheep you are going to know about my day or would wou;dn't be reading this.

I was staring at the fire hearing the wood crackle from the flame. I could feel the heat against my face making it feel like it was when the sun was highest. I hear a purr behind me. I look behind me seeing Roco on his back,with his back legs twitching in the air. I smirk at him. I stood up walking over to him. When I'm about half of my arm's reach I get down on one knee. I place my hand on his belly and slide it across it. Roco purrs, I smirk at his response and continue to slide my hand across his belly. He continues to reply with purrs. After a while I pat his stomach signaling that I'm done. I stood up stretching my neck while doing that Roco turned to his side.I smiled at him laying down on the sandy ground. I walk over to the fire grabbing a stick from the ground. I sat down near the fire poking the stick against the burnt wood. I look into the fire remembering what about a couple about the Stormcutter giving us shelter. It just surprised me how dragons can be kinder than humans. It warms my heart,kinda like the fire warming my face with its heat.

Ace: " This just proves Dragons are better than people."

I wake up to the sound of something moving against the sand. I slowly open my eyes and bring my head up from the ground looking at Roco who is in the process of standing up.

I groan.

Ace: " Hey pal."

Roco replied with a tired growl and did a small chuckle then slowly rising until I was sitting up straight. I started to stretch my arm followed by a long yawn then I slumped down. I shaked the sand out of my hair then wiped the sand off of the back of my neck.I slowly stood up. Stretching my back I hear a couple pops and I sigh with relief, then I start to wip of the sand on my back and pants. I look towards the water, covering my eyes from the sunlight. I squint my eyes,then I turn and start to walk over to Roco. Grabbing my bag grabbing the map from it. I unroll the map with my hands holding the top and bottom of the map expecting it.

Ace: "Okay where here so the next island is."

I look at a white island bigger than the current one we are on now.

Ace: "Sadly there,man wish it was an other island not the island that looks as cold as hel."

I slowly roll up the map putting it back into my bag. I sign and walk towards Roco puting my bag on a loop that was on a loop. I tied the strands of the bag to the loop so it wouldn't be so low to the ground. I stretch my sides shaking my head. Then clapping my hand.

Ace: " Okay then before we go there we should get some supplies,Roco."

Roco looks towards me with his head tilted with confusion.

Ace :" Okay pal I'm going to go look for some food. You stay here and take a nap or whatever but stay in the area okay."

He just replied with a yawn then lays down soon curling into a ball.

Ace: " That's what I'm talking about."

I grab one of the bags we have and walk into the woods nearby. I have to say it was relaxing to hear the birds chirping in the background. I take a breath of fresh air which smells like pines. I walk around the woods finding fruit and placing them in the bag. I keep looking for fruit until the bag is almost full then I find some dead trees and put their bark in the bag as well. I probably should have brought another bag for the bark but I didn't realize I needed any until I saw it. I look up at the sky for me losing track of the time, the sun is almost at the center of the sky.

Ace: " I should head back soon it would be nice to stay here another day but."

Realizing it we would have to be at that island anyway it's the closest of all the islands that Roco doesn't have to push himself. I rub the back of my neck with frustration.

Ace: " Being there will suck tho Me and Roco will have to find a way to reserve our food."

I keep thinking out loud until I reach the shore.I see Roco still laying down in the same place. I walk towards him. I stop moving when I am close to him.

Ace: " Hey Roco let's get going."

Roco growls softly then slowly stands up,he follows up with stretching his legs and wings. I swore I heard him purr while he was stretching. After he was done he moved his eyes signaling me to get on. I climb onto his back sitting down on the saddle.I grip on the saddle on soon enough we are flying up into the air. The winds making my air go wild feels fantastic, I always miss flyin around even if it's been a couple of minutes.I take a deep breath of the fresh air.

We were still flying in the sky,the color of the sky turned from blue to orange and I have to say it was a beautiful sky like something you would see in a dream. The air did get colder so that means we are closer to the island most because I can see it in the water just below us. I pat the side of Roco's neck signaling him to go down. We slowly lower ourselves to the island. While lowering ourselves Roco was going in a circle thanks to that I can get a better vision of the island. I sigh with relief not seeing any sign of people well that was until I saw smoke coming from near the center of the island. Anger ran through my body.

Ace: "Dang just when they day was going well."

You guys are probably thinking it's just smoke at the center why don't you go somewhere else on the island and I am but us human are curious from how big the smoke cloud it is there are more than a couple so some will explore the island to check if its safe they are also at the center so they have the ground so we will close to then anywhere we land and so I will have to be on guard which will keep Roco on guard then that will affect our flights for a couple of days. Which means we won't be able to fly as far as we can. Know you guys know why it is such a big deal. It affects our effectiveness we are having right now. We land on the island when I get off of Roco my feet slightly sink in the snow. Roco and I look at each other then at the smoke which we can still see. I draw my hand near my axe making sure it's still on me just in case of a fight.

The sun was gone from the sky leaving tiny light and the moon me and Roco were laying down close to each other on his unique fire. It would usually burn me but with the coldness in the air and the ground it was perfectly warm.That still could get me to sleep, I was still wide away with my hand on the axe ready for it to be used. I don't know how long I was but It was still dark and my body was aching to move. Then I heard a roar in the distance. I jumped up and Roco did as well. I had the axe in hand ready to swing and Roco was ready to charge. We stood still for a while still hearing the sound of the roar. Then it went quiet. The only thing we could hear was the wind pushing us. We stood there even till I couldn't feel my hands. We didn't know if the thing that roared was gone but when I looked where the smoke was it was gone. Something attacked them in the night. Which made me even more nervous about this island. Roco and I lay down again. And soon I closed my eyes.

I wake up to the wailing of the wind in my ear and cold as ice snow stinking my face. I opened my eyes seeing snow falling at a quick speed,thanks to that I could barely see what was in front of me. I feel Roco getting closer to me. I'm guessing because it's colder now. I was about to go to sleep. I hear Roco growling loudly. I look over to him and he is slowly getting up. Which makes me nervous,something must be in this snow storm. I as well slowly get up. Roco and I are now standing and I am slowly getting on the saddle. Roco keeps growling louder and deeper which tells me what he is growling at is close, but I can't see anything thanks to this snow storm. Roco starts to spread out his wings. Whatever this thing is, it's making Roco want to get out of here and I have never seen him do that before. Then the screaming roar returned but louder then before I covered my ears in pain. Then in a blink of an eye I saw a White dragon lunge at us while Roco was going in the air. Know we are the air and I heard something crash in the snow and I heard that roar again. Then I realized it must be that dragon. Roco is zooming in the air. I had to latch on the saddle so I don't fall off. I heard a strange noise, then Roco spins to the left. Then I see something glowing blue fly straight past us then crashing into a wall of ice. I heard the strange noise again,I looked behind us seeing the same glowing blue light in the storm. The only thing I could think was,move.

I lean my body to the left and Roco turns to the left,and the blue light flies past us and crashes into another ice wall. I grip on the saddle leaning back,soon Roco is flying straight in the air, Then I hear the noise again,I lean to the right and Roco turns to the right, the blue light barely misses us while going up in the air. Then I heard the sound again and leaned to the left and Roco turned left. And the blue glow zooms past us. Soon we are out of the snow storm, I look behind me and I see the dragon right behind us. It was a white dragon with some short horn on its nose with a giant head with giant wings.It roared with irritation and was getting closer to us. But soon we were flying down and the dragon followed,but the dragon was being left behind. I smiled with relief with Roco being faster. Then the dragon fired again before I could lean Roco turn to the left and the dragon's blast missed us again. I look in front of us and see a massive wall of ice in front of us,Then I see the wall grow in height,but we were actually diving, I heard the dragon charging its blast again, I saw a massive crack in the wall big enough for Roco to go throw, We fly into the crack. I thought the dragon wouldn't follow us but I was wrong. I could hear it charge its blast. Then I got scared I could see the end of the creak in the ice wall, Roco seemed worried because he just went faster and faster. In a flash we were at the end of the crack to the open air and Roco took a quick turn and the blast zoomed past us.

Roco then flips over with him now staring at the crack in the wall ready to fire, when the dragon flew out of the wall Roco fired at it with a hard ball of sand with fire around it, The dragon rolled around and was able to dodge Roco's blast. It then turns to our direction flying straight at us, Roco dives down with the dragon following, he keeping pacing himself and the dragon tries to keep up then Roco flips around and fires his blast at it the hit the dragon in one of its eyes and then roco turn around looking straight down,we were so close that I thought we were going to crash I flinched and when I didn't feel pain I opened my eyes we were so close to the ground,then I heard a loud thud,looking behind I saw the white dragon on the ground, slowly getting up shaking it head. Then It got back up in the air as soon as it hit the ground.

Have to say this dragon has commitment . Roco flips around now facing the dragon, then he flies towards it. Don't start telling everyone but I was scared of what my dragon was doing. I hear Roco readying his sand fire thing,soon I hear something weird. I look at the dragon who is readying it to blast and soon both dragons fire their blast and when their blasts collide, you can only hear a boom. I held my ears from the sound which made my ears ring of pain. I closed my eyes for a second,but when I opened them Roco and the dragon were still flying at each other. I was ready for impact holding tightly to the saddle. But then I felt the wind rush through my air and I was looking in a different direction and I heard a loud slap,then something crashing into something and stuff falling on it. I looked behind us where I could only see a pile of snow. I look straight in front of us. I was surprised Roco did that. Then soon I heard something roar guessing it was the dragon.

After a little while thinking we are safe we land on the ground well more like crashed, I fall off of the saddle straight to the ground breathing heavily, I look at Roco, his head was low and his wing were on the ground I could hear him wheezing, we both were tired from that incident.

???: " Wow just wow."

I grabbed my axe and point it where I heard the voice and Roco was growling in the same direction.And not running away or being spooked this person runs towards me and grabs the axe with it still in my hand.

???: " Wow what a weapon,what metal is this,what is with the symbols-"

Before he could finish Roco roared at him. He lets go of the axe,and the axe and my hand fall to the ground.

???: " Holy Thor is that a--."

Roco replies with a roar then leaps between me and the source of the voice. I look over to the source of the voice. It was a male viking about my height but a lot wider he wears a yak hair coat and very heavy pants with a helmet on his head, a bag on his back and a very excited face on his head.

???: " Wow never expected to see a sand wraith especially in a place like this."

The viking reaches behind him reaching in his bag, then a second later he has a notebook in his hand.

???: " Winter 3 number 124 I have found a sand wraith on an island of ice with a viking riding--."

Roco roars at him interrupting him. He looks with shock,and then with glee. He continues writing in his book then puts his book back into his bag. He walks a bit closer but Roco roars at him again and the viking raises his hands.

???: " Interesting, very interesting."

He keeps looking at Roco nodding and mumbling about something. I slowly sat up still feeling exhausted. Roco walks to my side and nudges his head on my shoulder. I smile and pat his head.

???: "Now who are you?"

I looked over to him with a stone cold face.His grin disappeared and his face changed to a mixer of interest and worry.

???: " Um I mean your name?"

I say silent and Roco keeps watching him.

???: " Do you speak?"

I keep quiet.

???: " Strange huh maybe you can't,oh well Hi my name's Bijarte."

Bijarte? So that this guy's name,have to say he is annoying and before you guys make a comment of disagreeing this guy walked over here grabbed my axe dropped it and talked a lot I find him annoying okay.

Bijarte: " I just have to say I am surprised of what you did I never imagined a Sand wraith vs Snow wraith battle it was very interesting."

Ace: " Snow Wraith?"

He looks at me surprised then points at me.

Bijarte: " Oh so you can talk."

He walks a bit closer but Roco growls at him,he takes a step back.

Bijarte: " Man you have a very protective Sand wraith may I ask questions about that?"

I keep my mouth shut still staring at him.

He shakes his head.

Bijarte: " OH come on I heard you talk, you said something!"

Fine this guy wants me to say something I will say something.

Ace: " Why are you on this island?"

He smiles with excitement.

Bijarte: " Yes here we go some conversation."

He sits down on the ground and grabs his notebook from his bag and starts to write something down. I'm going to have to burn that book later.

Bijarte: "I'm here to study the Snow wraith's of this island."

Did he just say wraith's? There are more of those dragons here!

Bijarte: " By judging the look on your face you are surprised,snow wraith's mostly are pack dragons so I'm surprised you were able to get away,more surprised there was only one of them."

I slowly stand up, Bijarte looks a bit surprised but continues to write in his book.

Ace: " Where are the others?"

Bijarte: " Others?"

He doesn't even look up on that one he just keeps writing in his book. Roco grunts with irritation.

Ace: " How stupid do you think we are we saw that smoke, it could just have been one fire blazing there had to be multiple!"

He finally closes his book,and places it in his bag.

Bijarte: " Yeah there were more than just one fire but that's for my experiment."

Ace: "Experiment?"

He jumps up,which makes me reach for my axe and Roco ready to pounce.

Bijarte: " Yep Snow wraith has this special vision well I think? They are able to see the warmth of your body in any condition,why do you think they attack in a snowstorm."

I was about to disagree with him then realizing when the Snow wraith attacked us,it was in a snow storm. Great, we know we have to get off this island now or never.I climb onto Roco back checking if we have everything.

Bijarte: " You shouldn't do that."

Roco and I looked at him with confusion,before I could ask him why he interrupted me.

Bijarte: " You and your dragon are exhausted, so you will fall out of the sky before you get to the next island,and that snow wraith is still out there,he is the most reckless out of the puntch,so he won't stop trying to find you and beat you I guess ,but he will find you and you won't be able to out fly him this time."

Roco and I replied at the same time,he replied with a snort and I replied with a grunt. Bijarte had a surprised look on his face but then started to laugh with some tears falling from his cheeks, me and Roco looked at each other confused.

Bijarte: "You two are a perfect match."

After saying that he wipes his tears away.Then he turns around and starts to walk away, and thank gods I thought he would have to get rid of him ourselves. That was too good to be true. Bijarte looks back at us with a confused look.

Bijarte: "You coming or what?"

Roco and I looked at each other again then to Bijarte,then to the open area.We could still hear the roar of the Snow Wraith in the background.

Ace: " I hope I won't regret this."

I slide off of Roco grabbing my bag and start to walk towards Bijarte still having my hand near my axe, I could hear Roco feet patting the ground. Bijarte had a big smile on his face and continued walking. Hopefully we won't have to stay here another day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
155K 4.4K 61
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
437K 30K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
448K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...