A quite place/ kotlc AU

By EstrelMb25

(This is a mix of kotlc book and the quite place movie) Sophie Foster has been surviving with her family for... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Five

115 3 0
By EstrelMb25

"Sophie?" Keefe asked. Sophie peeked up at him. He had a crease between his eyebrows and and worried look in his eyes.

"Yeah?" Sophie rasped out.

"Do you want me to go get Elwin?" She shook her head.

 Keefe sat down next to her, leaning against the wall and stretching out his legs."Do you want to talk about it?" 

Sophie hesitated for a second before shaking her head. "No, not yet." 

Keefe nodded in understanding. They sat there for a few more minutes in silence before Keefe broke it."When the Death Angels first started attacking, I packed my stuff and came here. My dad had ditched me the day we saw one in our area and my mom left a year prior." Sophie looked down, not saying a word and started listening quietly.

"I had already know the Vackers for years. We built more protection over this house together so we could make noise. We wanted to find more people, but when we went out there they were all hiding. The place was a mess. Blood everywhere, recked cars on the streets, glass broken from stores. We didn't want to go back out so we grabbed all the supplies we could and headed back. On our way back we stumbled across this family. They were a small family. Alden was till overjoyed though. On our way back, the death angles attcked. We got seperated so we went looking for them. The next day we found them dead back where we found them."

Keefe looked at her as he finished. "We all went though some tough stuff, Foster, I just want you to know your not alone."

Sophie looked back down and nodded slightly, then smiled. "Foster? What kind of name is Foster?"

Keefe smirked, but it looked sadder then the one she saw before somehow. "Sophie's so boring, Foster has a nice ring to it."

Sophie laughed a little. "Ouch."

Keefe grinned and shrugged. He let out a long breath before pushing himself off the floor and offering her his hand which she accepted.

Sophie smiles slightly at him. "Thank you Keefe."

"Anytime Foster." Keefe returned her smile.

"Hey Keefe?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why were you in my room?" Sophie raised an eyebrow at him as he blushed slightly.

"I was coming to thank you, for volunteering to go get supplies at dinner. You don't have to go if you don't want to I don't want you to feel like- Keefe." Sophie interrupted his rambling.

"It's okay. I want to go, I need to do a few things out there anyway. And it doesn't look like you guys know your way around very much."

Keefe smirked. "What things do you need to take care of?"

Sophie gave a small sigh. "I need to get some stuff at my house and I need make sure of something." 

"How far away is your house? We should have seen you guys when we were searching." Keefe asked.

Sophie tried to think back to when was running. "I couldn't have run that far." She muttered.

"Why were you running?" Keefe asked. Why is everyone asking that?

"I think they were chasing me, but I couldn't have run that far..." Sophie's eyebrows creased in thought. She did run for a long time... wait. Did they follow her? What if their right outside? What if they can't leave?

"Okay, before you have a panic attack, I think you should go to bed, you don't need another visit to Elwin." Keefe joked, but there's a seriousness in his voice that made Sophie nod.

Keefe got up first and offered her his hand. Sophie stared at it for a second before taking it. Keefe pulled her up and walked her over to her bed. Sophie sighed and snuggled in the blankets, resting her head on her pillow.

Sophie hesitated before looking up at Keefe. "Thank you, Keefe."

"Anytime, Foster. Goodnight." She could see a gentle smile on his face as her clicked off her lamp. "Sweet dreams." He said, closing the door lightly.

Sophie's dreams were anything but sweet. She dreamt she was still running though the woods. This time not only did she see her families dead bodies, she saw the Vackers and Keefe's.

Sighing, Sophie grabbed her crutches and made her way downstairs.

Della was in the kitchen, cooking. The smell of muffins wafted though the air and Sophie inhaled deeply.

Noticing the sound, Della turned around and smiled. "Good morning Sophie, I didn't expect you to be up this early."

"Yeah I went to sleep pretty early last night. Do you need any help cooking?" Sophie cooked a lot for her family when she was with them, it was mostly yogurt and fruit but still.

"Sure! Can you start on the fruit? They're all on the counter and the knifes are in that drawer right below it."

Sophie found the knife first and then started to cut into an apple. It was hard with her crutches but soon Della offered a chair to her.

A timer went off when Sophie was done cutting all of the oranges, apples, and strawberries. Her heart gave a small jolt at the loud sound. 

Looking over her shoulder, she saw Della taking out the muffins from the oven and setting them down in the counter top to cool down. I have to stop being so jumpy. She thought.

From behind her Della brought a bowl. "You can put the fruit in here." Della smiles at her and went back to the kitchen.

As Sophie scooped all the fruit in the white bowl she noticed Della sitting down across from her. 

"Sophie?"A strike of fear struck in her chest. Was something wrong? Did she do something? "Yes?"

"Me and Alden were talking last night and he wants to discuss somethings with you over breakfast. I just... wanted to let you know ahead of time to prepare you."

"Prepare me?" So it was bad. What did Alden want to talk about? Sophie thought back to all the things she did when she was here. Nothing she did was too bad.

Della sighed. "Alden wants to make sure that there is no one else out there that we can help, since we left you behind maybe there's others that we've missed."

"So... you're asking me if I know anyone out there?" Sophie has only ever ran into one person outside of her family when she was out there. He was by her old school and shooting a gun. Her dad had said he had probably gone crazy.

"We know you have been out there awhile now and you would have mentioned if you knew anyone but we need to know if you do, just in case."Sophie thought back to her time out with her family. There wasn't much people alive from the beginning, much less around here.

"Any friends? Maybe your family?" Della tried.

Sophie flinched. She didn't have many friends before all this happened. And now her family was dead. The only people she knew of weren't good. She'd prefer if Della and the others didn't know about them.

"Just think about it okay?" Sophie nodded even though she knew she would have nothing to tell them.

 "I'm sorry for asking you of this, I know it can be hard." Della got up and squeezed her shoulder reassuringly from behind her as she walked back over to the kitchen.

Sophie stood up with her crutches and grabbed the fruit bowl to place on the counter. 

Lots of muffins were being placed on a huge plate by Della and Sophie could make out the blueberries and chocolate chips in some of them. Others remained a mystery.Orange juice was placed beside the plate with glass cups stacked next to it. A tea bag was in some boiled water besides that.

 "I prefer tea in the morning." Della said as she took the fruit bowl from Sophie hands.

Sophie was about to respond when she heard footsteps. Turning around she saw Keefe stumbling downstairs.

Della looked over too and laughed at his messy hair. "Did you just wake up Keefe?" Dell asked, grinning.

Keefe yawned and Sophie snorted when she saw the small alicorns on his pajamas."Nice pajamas." She said, holding back a laugh.

"I could say the same to you." Keefe said as he looked over her outfit. Sophie looked down and remembered the clothes she was wearing. 

Last night, she woke up and changed it to some pajamas. The only pair available were probably Fitz's old pajamas since her and Biana forgot to get her sleepwear when going though her closet. 

The sleeves were pushed up to her elbows because they were to long and the shirt looked oversized on her. She had to tie up the pants to get them to stay up.

"Whatever." She muttered as she glared at the ground as she crossed her arms.

"Awwww, come on Foster, don't pout." Keefe teased as he walked over. He leaned over behind her towards her ear. "You look cute in my pajamas." He whispered before getting a plate for his food.

Sophie was sure her face was red when she began to walk over too.

"Fitz an Biana are coming down in a second. Fitz wanted to brush his hair and Biana is getting Alden." Just Keefe said that, Sophie started to hear voices at the top of the stairs and a second later the rest of the Vacker family joined them.

"Mmmmm. Mom did you make your muffins today?" Biana said as she walked in the kitchen.

Everyone got their food and sat down, making small talk. Sophie was sitting next to Keefe and across from Della and Alden. Fitz was next to his dad and Biana sat on the other side of Keefe.

Alden cleared his throat and everyone looked at him. Sophie already knew what he was going to ask but she decided to act like she didn't.

"So, since we will be going out in less than a week we need to be prepared. Get everything you need ready and in five days we'll go over our routine which gives us two more days to pack and get ready." Alden paused and looked over at Sophie."Sophie, since you might be coming with us, we want to know if you know if there are others out there. We need to know where you lived and to search the area to make sure we didn't miss anyone since we obviously did last time." Alden kept his eyes on her and she could feel everyone's eyes on her, waiting for an answer.

"I don't think there's anyone else around where I lived. My house was alone in a farmland, not many people live around there." Sophie said quietly, looking down at her food.

"Well... are there schools near? Other houses farther away? Maybe some people are by the woods?" Alden tried. 

Sophie thought back to all the places she's been. There was a long pause as she thought.

"Do you know where your family is? Maybe they know some stuff?" Biana added in.

Sophie's heart ached at the thought of her family. Her dad and mom didn't mention any friends or family that lived near them. They didn't know much on what was happening with the monsters. Then she gasped."My dad kept all his research down in our basement. If we're going near there we could get his stuff. But, as of knowing where people are, we didn't really know many. I don't know if there's any still alive at this point." 

Taking her dads research that he worked on for years would be hard but if they wanted to know more about these things they had to get them.

Her dad never allowed anyone in the basement. The stairs had creeks and was hard to get down. Not to mention it was a mess down there. They also used to keep Amy down there when she was crying or making noise when she was little. There was a built crib that they had with a mattress over it to keep the noise out.

"Well, we'll search the area, get food and come back. I don't want ya out there for any longer then two days." Alden finished off.

Keefe squeezed Sophie's hand under the table and she snapped out of her zoned out state.

"Alright! Let's eat!"

posted- 2/1/21

word count- 2,051

I tried to included a little Sokeefe in this one if you didn't notice but there's lots more to come! Just letting you guys know my updates might be every other day sometimes because of school but I'll still be updating. Have a great day/night Loves!🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 32 20
This is a story of Sokeefe. Enjoy!
35.9K 1.3K 56
PLEASE NOTE - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THE KOLTC BOOKS; THIS CAN BE READ ALONE. But, of course, there will be spoilers but I WILL try to limit it. ...
53.9K 716 19
This story takes place after Sophie has defeated the Neverseen and before the elite levels. They have also never met Lihn and Tam. Sophie has defeat...
56.2K 499 27
(This fic is years old now. The only reason it is still up is for me to see my improvement. Not up to date with the recent books, writing sucks.) Whe...