rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 3 ~ sweater weather
chapter 4 ~ knocking
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 12 ~ clouds
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 24 ~ calm
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 31 ~ jumper
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 17 ~ home

137K 3.2K 24.9K
By maywashere_

//Dreams pov

The nexts few weeks flew by, when we got back from our weekend trip mine and Georges relationship wasnt a secret anymore, so we could do whatever we wanted.

Some weekends George would stay at place along with Tommy and Wilbur, and sometimes id even stay at his.

We had lots of smaller gigs that George and Tommy always came too, and the nights normally ended with me not being able to keep my hands off of George.

These were definitely some of the most exciting weeks of my life, and George had become alot more daring because of me.

Sometimes I dont know if its a good or bad thing.

George is meant to be coming over tonight along with Tommy. Ranboos staying at ours aswell, but Wilbur cant come because hes at Nikis working on some new C.D.

I have like, 2 hours to kill before the others get here. So I decide on calling Sapnap.

I lay myself down on the couch and pick up my phone, swiping into contacts and clicking on his number. He picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?" he mumbles, and his voice sounds sleepy.

"Did you just wake up? Its like, 5pm" I tell him.

"If you called me just to act like a parental figure, then hang up" he answers, and it makes me laugh.

"Isnt George coming over today?" he asks me.

Sapnaps reaction to me and George was exactly how id expected it to be. He didnt believe me at first, and then he went on for ten minutes talking about how he'd 'called it'.

But all in all he was happy for me, and thats all I wanted from him.

"Yeah, but not for a while" I tell him, and I can hear Sapnap sitting up out of bed.

"Do you think youll tell him?" he asks me, and then I fall silent.

George still doesnt know, and I dont want to tell him. Sapnaps been trying to get me too, he keeps saying its better to just get it over and done with, but im afraid.

Im afraid George will react badly, and then everything we have will be ruined.

"I dont know, maybe" I reply, but I know I wont. "Save me the lecture on it" I add on, and I can hear him chuckle slightly through the phone.

I turn my head slightly due to a creaky noise coming from the door, but its just Ranboo.

"What time are the others getting here at?" he asks me.

"Is that Ranboo?" Sapnap says through the phone, and he sounds more awake.

"Yeah, it is, and im pretty sure its around 7" I tell Ranboo.

"Hey Ranboo" Sapnap shouts through the phone.

"Hey Sapnap, how are you?" Ranboo answers, going to sit on the other couch.

"Pretty good" Sapnap tells him, and Ranboo smiles.

"Why arent you nice to me like that" I ask Sapnap accusingly.

"Because Ranboos nice to me" Sapnap says, and I can hear Ranboo laugh from the couch next to me.

I pick up one of the pillows from beside me and chuck it at him, but he spots me and catches it before throwing it back at me. I pick it up after it slaps me in the face, and toss it back down on the couch beside me.

"What, and im not nice?" I ask Sapnap.

"You can be mean"

"Hes not wrong, you're only nice whenever you have George around" Ranboo says, and that makes Sapnap start to laugh.

"You're such a suck-up" I snap at Ranboo, him and Sapnap beginning to laugh like children again.

Ranboo ends up turning on T.V, and I talk to Sapnap about maybe visiting him when George goes back to London.

I can feel my heart twist at that specific thought.

George going back to London.

We have three days left before George has to go home.

I always knew time was going to run out eventually, but as the time ticks on I can feel myself starting to dread it even more.

We tried to avoid the topic as much as possible, but ive decided im gonna talk to him about it tonight. We have to establish how its going to work.

After a while I realize how long ive been on the phone, and I remember I have to shower.

I eventually end the call with Sapnap, promising him ill call him sometime in the next week.

I sit up off the couch and tell Ranboo im gonna shower, and he nods in response, paying too much attention to the T.V to acknowledge what im saying.

I pull out grey sweats and a hoodie and leave them on the bed for after my shower, and then I grab a towel. I turn on the shower and switch the tempature to warmer than it probably should be before I hop in.

I only take around ten minutes in the shower, and when I get out its 7pm.

I throw on the clothes id laid out, and leave the towel hanging around my neck so it can catch any of the water that drips out of my hair.

I wander back to the sitting room where Ranboo is, and hes still laid out on the couch watching T.V. I sit myself back down where id been sat before, and I try to tune into whatever Ranboos watching.

"What are we gonna eat tonight?" he asks me, turning his head around to look at me.

"I dunno, probably takeout" I tell him, and he nods at me before turning back around to the T.V.

I keep my eyes on the T.V, trying to understand whatever was happening in the show, but I was still lost.

My attention snaps up from the T.V when I hear knocking come from our front door. I stand up, and as I do I see Ranboo sit himself up on the couch, but his eyes dont divert from his show.

I walk to the front door and swing it open, and George is stood with Tommy, smiling up at me like the happiest person in the world.

"Hey Tommy" I say first, and he says hello back before walking past me and inside, and I guess hes going to find Ranboo.

I pull George into a hug, and kiss him on the top of the head. I can hear his voice ring out as he starts to laugh and hug me back.

"I saw you two days ago" he says to me, as I wrap an arm around his waist and walk him inside.

"Yeah, two days too long" I reply, before I tilt his chin upwards and kiss him softly.

I can feel him smile as he kisses me back, and I eventually have to pull away before I get too into it.

Hes still smiling when I drop my hand from his chin to back around his waist as I pull us both towards the living room.

Ranboos sat with Tommy, and theyre both talking about whatever show Ranboo was still watching.

Neither of them look up as I sit down with George laid between my legs.

"Hey Ranboo" George says, pulling out his phone.

"Oh, hey George" Ranboo replies, turning to face the two of us.

Tommy drags Ranboo back into their conversation, and Georges attention turns back to me.

"Whatve you been up to?" I ask him, pushing his hair out of the way of his face.

His cheeks turn a little pink, and it makes me smile. Even after the past month we've spent toghether, he still gets embarrased when I touch him. Its cute.

"Nothing really, Tommy streamed yesterday and I helped him with some editing for a new video, but apart from that we didnt do much" he tells me, laying his head back against my chest.

"Oh right, was it fun?" I ask him.

"Yeah, it was okay. Tommy and editing can be fun to watch" he tells me, starting to laugh a little.

"Did I hear my name?" Tommy asks jumping up from the couch and running over to jump on top of George.

George trys to shield himself, but fails. Tommy sits himself on top Georges legs and stares at the two of us, waiting for an answer.

"He was telling me about your editing skills" I tell him, and he starts to grin.

"Oh yeah, he helped me with my new video" Tommy tells me, looking proud of himself.

Ranboo comes over and sits on the edge of the sofa, beside Tommy.

"What are we having to eat?" George asks me.

"I think we were just planning on getting something out" I tell him, running a hand through his hair.

"Again? This is like your third time this week" George tells me, sounding judgy.

"Let me cook" he tells me, and I look down at him in suprise.

"Cook?" Ranboo asks, staring at him.

"Yeah, hes not half bad at cooking" Tommy tells Ranboo.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, it felt rude making him cook at my apartment.

"Course I am, what do you guys want?" he asks us.

"Make pasta, you always do that well" Tommy says, and George looks at me as if I was okay with that.

I look at Ranboo, and he nods.

"Sure, pastas fine" I tell him, and he gives me a small smile in response.

Tommy and Ranboo jump up and go back over to their couch, and George sits himself up whilst stretching.

He stands himself up and makes his way over to the kitchen, and I get up to follow him. I sit myself down at our kitchen island and watch him wander around, looking for stuff to start.

"You can go back inside if you like" he tells me, whilst pulling out bowls and cutlery.

"No, I wanna watch" I tell him, and he laughs a little at my comment.

I watch as he makes his way around the kitchen, pouring things into bowls and mixing random substances.

I chat to him as he tries to stay focused on what hes doing, and eventually he pours little pieces of pasta into a pot along with water and leaves it to boil.

He leans against the counter and stares at me, and im confused now.

"What do you do next?" I ask him, confused as to why hes just standing there.

"You have to let the pasta boil" he tells me, laughing a little.

"How long does that take?" I ask.

"Only like, 15 minutes" he tells me.

• song recommendation for this scene
• cigarette daydreams by cage the elephant

I start to grin, already knowing what to do now. I pull my phone out of my back pocket and swipe into spotify.

"Whatre you doing?" he asks me, sounding confused.

I scroll through my playlist, eventually finding the song I need and clicking into it. I let the start begin to play as I leave my phone down on the counter before I stand up.

I make my around to him, and he watches me as I do, still looking confused. As the music starts to come out more clearly, I start to sing along with the words and dancing.

George starts to laugh as he watches me jump around the kitchen, eventually joining in. I take on his hands and spin him around, and he starts to smile as I do.

He joins in singing with me, and we both take it in turns of singing different lines and dancing.

I keep singing the words to him, and I can hear him laughing along with me. I take his other hand, and continue dancing with him.

I can tell he always loves little gestures like this, and thats why I do them. For him. Its worth it when I get to see him smile afterwards.

I pull him closer to me, still smiling. Sometimes I wonder if he knows how much he means to me. I watch as he continues dancing, his hair flying around as he smiles a wide smile.

I wrap an arm around his waist and lift his head up so hes looking at me. Hes still smiling, and I cant help but grin down at him. If he ever wanted anything from me, all he would have to do is smile and I wouldnt be able to resist.

I lean my head down to his and kiss him, and he instantly kisses me back. I can feel the smile still formed on his lips as he pulls his arms up and around my neck.

"Gross" I hear a voice say.

I pull away from George to see Tommy and Ranboo stood watching us from the doorway, and Ranboo is smiling whilst Tommy has a disgusted expression plastered across his face.

Ranboo pushes Tommy back towards the living room, and I can hear Tommy complaining about how its unfair that George got into a relationship before he did.

I lean down and kiss George quickly, before pulling away and going to take my place back in my seat again.

I turn down the music but I dont turn it off completley.

When I look back up George is stood back at the stove, stirring the pot with the pasta in it.

When he turns off the stove and starts draining the pasta, I start asking him about what hes gonna do now, and once he starts talking I try to focus on him.

He starts to mix the pasta with the orange sauce he'd made, and I offer to put it into bowls as he cleans up.

I call out for Tommy and Ranboo, and Tommy comes running into the kitchen with Ranboo not far behind him. Tommy takes a seat at the table and takes one of the bowls and starts to eat.

George and Ranboo both sit down beside Tommy, and I lean against the counter as we all start to eat.

George and Ranboo start to talk about something that had happened in the past week, and Tommy is listening to them as he spoons pasta into his mouth.

We all finish eating, and I refuse to let George clean up, so when the others go back to the living room im left alone in the kitchen.

As im washing out bowls im thinking about how to start talking about London with George.

What does it mean for us? Will we just do long distance? Or maybe he'll tell me that he wants to take a break, and even the thought of that makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I finish cleaning up, and as I go to sit with the others I try to push it from my mind. I want to enjoy the time I have left with George, because it might be my last few days with him anyways.

I sit with George on the couch, and he lays on my shoulder as Tommy and Ranboo sit on the floor playing some card game Ranboo had taught Tommy. What was with them and cards?

George is watching some comedy show that id flicked on, and it looks like hes actually enjoying it.

I get bored quickly though, and turn my head to the window.

The skys already gone dark, but the city definitely hasnt.

The lights from all the buildings surrounding ours seem to be shining brighter than before, due to the darkness in the sky.

I notice Georges head is now turned in the same direction as mine, and hes smiling a small smile.

"It doesnt get any less beautiful" he says to me.

"I know" I say, staring at him. The room had gone sort of dark, so his face was half shadowed, but its like I can still see every detail lined across his face.

He lays his head back into my shoulder, and I rub the side of his stomach softly as he switches his attention back to the television.

Ranboo and Tommy eventually get bored of their game, and Tommy starts trying to think of things they can do.

Ranboo claims he has an idea, and they both stand up and leave the room. I dont question it, I cant be bothered right now, and I trust Ranboo.

Im pretty sure George has fallen asleep, which was becoming a normal thing for him to do when he stayed here. Id usually end up carrying him to bed.

I push his hair out of the way of his eyes, and continue rubbing the side of his stomach.

I end up actually getting into the show, and it turns out its not that bad.

I check the name, hoping i'll remember it the next time I want to look for the show.

I realize how ive lost track of time, and im shocked when I pull out my phone and its 11pm.

I slowly slide myself from out of Georges grip, as I stand up to stretch. I switch off the T.V and make sure everythings locked before I go to wake George up.

"George" I whisper, sitting down on the edge of the couch beside him. I shake his leg softly as I call out his name.

A small mumble of 'mhhm' is all I get in response, so I scoot him over to the edge of the couch before I slide him into my arms.

I carry him to my room and lay him on the side of the bed that he normally sleeps on.

Hes only in a t-shirt and sweats, so I just assume he can sleep in that.

I head back out of the room and knock on Ranboos bedroom door.

"You seriously dont have to knock dude" I can hear Ranboo say from his room as I push the door open.

Him and Tommy are both sat at his p.c playing minecraft, and I laugh slightly at the sight of them. They look about twelve.

"Im just polite" I tell Ranboo, and they both laugh at that like its untrue.

"Me and George are going to bed, I switched everything off but if you're going back out I left the remotes on the couch" I tell the two of them.

"Oh, alright, goodnight" Ranboo says, looking up from his game to give me a smile.

"Goodnight big man" Tommy announces loudly from beside him.

"Night, guys" I say, closing the door to head back to my room.

When I push open the door I expect to find George sprawled out over the bed, which would normally end in me trying to move him, but hes not. Hes awake.

"What woke you up?" I ask him, taking off my hoodie and opening my wardrobe.

"I dont know actually" he tells me, and I can hear him lay back down on the bed.

I pull on an old t-shirt thats slightly too big as I walk around to my side of the bed.

I sit myself against the wall thats behind me as I plug my phone into the charger that I had beside my bed, and I turn to look at George.

Hes watching me looking wide awake, which was odd for him. Usually when he wakes up he'll just go back asleep, but hes showing no signs of being tired.

"George I need to ask you something" I say, spitting the words out before I can stop myself.

"Go for it" he mumbles.

I stay silent, really not wanting to pursue the conversation.

Why was this so hard?

Why does he have to go back to London at all?

Why cant he just stay here with me?

I decide I should just get it over and done with, as I sigh a little and turn to face him again.

"What are we gonna be when you go home?" I ask him quietly.

I expect his face to drop, or look upset, but his expression doesnt change.

He keeps a straight face and he doesnt even look slightly worried at my question.

This starts to worry me, and I can feel a ramble start to come on.

"Like, I understand if you arent up for long distance because that can be really hard, and I was thinking about what would be best for y-" I start to say, but I lose my train of thought when I realize hes smiling.

Im talking about him having to leave me in just two days time, and hes sat here smiling like its funny.

"What?" I ask him, and he starts laughing.

Hes literally laughing.

"Whats so funny?" I ask, just making him laugh even more.

I watch as he curls himself up in a ball, like whatever hes thinking about is the funniest thing in the world.

He looks giddy, like hes excited.

"George you're killing me here" I tell him when he starts to calm down a little. "Whats so funny" I ask again.

He suddenly sits up in bed, crossing his legs and running a hand through his hair. He doesnt look even the slightest bit tired anymore, as he sits beside me grinning.

He lifts himself up and sits on my lap, which was unexpected. I automatically move my hands around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

"Whatre you doing?" I ask him. Its not like im complaining, its just this is weird behaviour.

Hes doesnt respond, he just stays silent as he watches me.

He looks like hes waiting for something to happen.

So I lean my head down and start to kiss him forcefully.

He doesnt pull away, he just kisses me back, and I can feel the smile in his kiss.

I pull my face from his, feeling the smile fade.

"Tell me or im not kissing you again" I tell him, feeling smug.

He watches me, his expression starting to change.

"Thats not fair" he finally says, looking grumpy.

"Yes it is, all you have to do is tell me" I say, watching him carefully.

He stares back at me, and his angry expression starts to fade as time goes on.

I wonder whats going on in his head at this exact moment, and he looks like hes about to decide on not telling me.

But I cant have that.

I lean my head back down to his, leaving my face just inches from his.

I can hear his breath hitch, and it makes me grin. I lift my thumb and run it softly over his bottom lip, and I can tell im already winning him over.

"Tell me" I whisper, and its like I can see his face turn red even in the darkness.

"Fine, but that wasnt fair play" he tells me, and I start to smile.

I lift my head back up to its normal place and watch him, ready for whatevers so funny to him.

I watch as he takes a deep breath, before he starts to talk.

"I want you to come to London with me"

-

-

-

authors note!
• 4k reads! just mental, thank you guys for the constant support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 238 22
[FINISHED] Dream speaks what he feels. Dream understands what he feels. Dream takes action upon what he feels. George doesn't. George doesn't know ho...
6.3K 258 11
The Dream Team is an up-and-coming band with many devoted fans. The three boys are longtime friends who are beloved by many for their chemistry and h...
11.9K 602 16
George Davidson is the lead singer of his band. Yet, an unexpected trouble arrives when their lead guitarist moves away. They needed to host an audit...
27.5K 906 21
READ TWS!! It started off with a simple crush and a simple party. He didn't think anything would come out of- especially not a relationship with his...