The downfall of Viscount Brid...

By VRiviera

THE ORIGINAL BRIDGERTON FANFICTION Aurora Grey, only daughter of Earl Grey and new closest friend to Daphne B... More

Casting
Chapter one - an arrival
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four - the first meeting
chapter five - a disagreement
chapter six - lady Danbury
chapter seven - the Cowper ball
chapter eight - uncertain feelings
chapter nine - an invitation to dinner
chapter ten - a proposal
chapter eleven - a response
chapter twelve - the grand picnic
chapter thirteen - afternoon tea
chapter fourteen - an arrival
chapter fifteen - a conversation
chapter sixteen - brothers
chapter seventeen - the Basset Ball
chapter eighteen - a proposal of a different kind
chapter nineteen - an explanation
chapter twenty - telling Aurora
chapter twenty one - a hug from Simon
chapter twenty two - news spreads
chapter twenty three - a night to regret
Lady Whistledown's Society Paper
chapter twenty four - the morning after
chapter twenty five - early wedding plans
chapter twenty six - learning to love
chapter twenty seven - the Lucas' ball
Lady Whistledown's Society Paper
chapter twenty eight - a meeting with the Queen
chapter twenty nine - a new friend
chapter thirty - maternal guidance
chapter thirty one - getting to know each other
chapter thirty two - a quarrel between rakes
chapter thirty three - Reginald
chapter thirty four - nerves
chapter thirty five - getting ready
chapter thirty six - the wedding
chapter thirty seven - the reception
chapter thirty eight - Daphne explains
chapter thirty nine - the beginning of a honeymoon
chapter forty - the wedding night
chapter forty one - a not so romantic honeymoon
chapter forty two - the same bed
chapter forty three - waking up
chapter forty four - spilling secrets
a letter from Julius
chapter forty five - a proper kiss
chapter forty six - returning home
chapter forty seven - falling asleep in the arms of a Bridgerton
chapter forty eight - a dawning realisation
chapter forty nine - a secret society
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one - slip of the tongue
chapter fifty three - the society's first meeting
chapter fifty four - an explanation
chapter fifty five - a boxing match
chapter fifty six - a resolution
chapter fifty seven - match makers
chapter fifty eight - paying a visit
chapter fifty nine - Anthony joins the club
chapter sixty - introductions
chapter sixty one - Doctor Lumet
chapter sixty two - with child
Epilogue

chapter fifty two - a promenade

17.2K 488 51
By VRiviera

The next morning found Aurora and Anthony joining the rest of the ton in their promenading down by the river. As the London Season drew to a close, almost all of high society could be found out that morning, either gloating over their successes of the summer or praying to make some last minute attachments, thus securing their place amongst the other lords and ladies.

Whistledown seemed to be particularly critical over the past few weeks, and there were few who were not afraid of the prospect of being dismissed by her as nothing more than an “insidious vulture” or “withered rose”.

Aurora had, as of yet, managed to escape the woman’s wrath. But she wondered how long she might be able to do so, not that she particularly cared, but she did not wish to bring shame on either the Grey family or the Bridgertons.

Ambling along past the rest of society, the pair seemed quite content to bask in the rays of sunlight, offering the occasional nod or ‘good morning’ to those deemed worthy of gratification.

That was until a flash of red and gold caught Aurora’s eye.

Turning to face the subject in full, the viscountess was afforded a proper look at the young woman whom she had heard so frequently mentioned over the past few days.

The Indian Princess.

Without saying a word the young girl steadily dragged her new husband off in the direction of the Princess, who was presently in conversation with her brother - how convenient!

Anthony, who had been in something of a daze, was rather startled at the sudden movement and nearly tripped over his own feet in a manner that would have been deemed most ungracious.

“What are you doing?” He whispered to her as she continued her determined walk.

“There’s someone I’d like to meet who I am yet to be introduced to.”

Aurora’s cryptic response did not much answer Anthony’s question.

However, the nineteen year old Princess currently clad in a deep red and gold lengha showcasing her stomach area.

Having never seen an example of Indian dress before - for Aurora had only ever had the pleasure of reading about it in books - it took her a moment to steady herself at the sight of a woman’s midriff being shown in public.

Anthony too seemed shocked as he eyes to her with bulging eyes.

In response the viscountess only chuckled and scatter him on the arm. Although deep down inside it made her proud to know that she had more knowledge on the subject than he.

Upon her approaching the pair, her brother drifted into silence and offered her a simple nod of welcome.

She stared at him, silently demanding an introduction for it would have been rude to begin conversing without one and Aurora was desperate to get to know the woman who she only hoped might one day be her sister in law.

Alexander, having finally grasped his sister’s message, cleared his throat and made the introduction.

“Aurora, this is this is the Princess Chakrika of Hyderabad. Princess, this is my sister, Viscountess Aurora Bridgerton’s nee Grey.”

The two women studied each other for a moment and Aurora was quite content with her findings.

‘Yes,’ she thought, ‘they will make a most fine couple indeed.’

It was the Princess who spoke first, after she herself had made judgement of the Viscount and his wife.

She smiled at the girl broadly before speaking. “Your brother has told me much about you. I gather that you are newly married. I offer you my congratulations, Lady Bridgerton.” She spoke each word with a crisp vitality that rivalled any member of the ton. Aurora could not help but feel stupid in comparison. This woman seemed to proses an intellect far superior to her own - and she had said but a few sentences!

“You are very kind to say so, Princess,” Aurora spoke after a moment. “I hope my brother has been treating you well?”

Alexander shot a glare at her for that comment, however the Princess chose to ignore it.

“Yes, he has been most generous. And I am indeed grateful.”

The Princess caught eyes with Alexander and it was quite clear to all present that true pair held a mutual affection for each other.

Aurora felt most happy upon being able to witness the romance. Julius had certainly been correct in his assumptions.

“Oh, I have not introduced you to Anthony?” She realised, tugging at her husband’s sleeve. Anthony, who had once again been daydreaming, was brought back to reality and violently elbowed his wife in the ribs at the sudden shift.

“Ow!” She cried out “Anthony you brat!”

The viscount stared at her mouth open wide, shocked at her crude language.

“Aurora!” He chastised.

“Don’t Aurora me. You just elbowed me! I have every right to swear at you

“That’s not very ladylike,” he remarked.

“I don’t care! It hurt!”

“Well you should. We are in decent company,” he then turned to the Princess with a fake apologetic look, “you’ll have to forgive my wife, she’s not usually so rude.”

“Oh I don’t think it’s me she needs to forgive you absolute brute”

chalrika only chuckled quietly at their bickering.

“You and your husband have an... interesting relationship I think,” she declared.

“You can say that again,” remarked Aurora before swatting him once again as he made an attempt to poke her ribs, declaring that she was hardly injured at all.

After her rather brief but very exciting meeting with the Princess, Aurora had been left in very high spirits (despite likely bruising on her rib cage), furthered even more by the knowledge of her meeting that afternoon.

Ah! Today was proving to be fantastic!

Wandering over the small bridge that branched across the river, husband in tow, Aurora was graced with the presence of two young ladies whose company she very much relished.

Eloise and Penelope flanked her on either side, pushing poor Anthony to the back of the little gaggle. Not that he minded too much, he was glad to see Aurora fitting in so well with his own family, but he would have liked to have had some time alone to really and talk with his wife.

It appeared this was not going to be the case.

Indeed, he had quite underestimated her popularity amongst the members of the ton. Hardly anyone throughout London society was capable of saying anything crude about her. And he was beginning to understand why.

She was, to the viscount anyway, perfect.

That was not to say that she did not have flaws - only that they further enhanced her inner and outer beauty.

‘Gosh,’ he thought to himself, ‘I am beginning to sound like Hastings?’

Aurora, meanwhile, seemed to be quite enjoying her new company. The two girls certainly had a knack for turning everything into something humorous.

And the viscountess was quickly discovering just how judgemental they could be.

Eloise had already made a crass remark about several of the young ladies’ hats, as well as a passing comment on Lord Wheterby’s new waistcoat.

‘Today was going to be a good day,’ she declared to herself momentarily before tuning back in to Penelope’s analysis of why the colour green would suit her far better than yellow.

Internally, Aurora heartily agreed.

*****

My dearest readers,

For those who are interested, I wrote this to Ambient Worlds’ Rainy Night at Hogwarts because I suddenly felt a yearning to be there. Ou know how it is!

I’m not sure if it really fits even remotely with the atmosphere of Bridgerton but que sets sera no?

Also, I feel that I simply have to decrepit you all about my productivity today - I have already finished all my fervent hours of school work, and my extra reading, and all the other unfathomable things I have on my to do list. You can imagine my pride.

Since were not on the topic of Harry Potter, I feel like I should ask you lol a question. I’m quite interested in the thought of doing a HP fan fiction but firstly, I don’t know if anyone would even read it, and secondly, I’m not sure if I’d be any good at writing it.

Feel free to give me your thoughts on the matter!

Also, I've just uploaded the first five chapters of my original book St. Thaddeus - it would mean the world to me if you were to check it out. Albeit it's a little different to Bridgerton but hopefully you'll still enjoy it!

Finally, I hope you’re all well and that no one is suffering too immensely in the given circumstances.

Yours faithfully

Valentina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.2K 27
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ปโญ‘.เณƒเฟ *๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏พŸ::โœผโœฟ - โœฟโœผ:๏พŸ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ* ๐’๐ˆ๐Œ๐Ž๐ ๐๐€๐’๐’๐„๐“, the irresistible Duke of Hastings, has hatched a plan to...
1.2K 55 13
England, 1814. Edwina Sharma was not the final choice at this year's season. Rumours and bad voices lead her to Queen Charlotte, who offers her a dar...
54.7K 1.6K 15
The whole town knew who much Emmaline Davison and Anthony Bridgerton despised each other to the point they couldn't be seen in the same room as one a...
97.2K 1.9K 35
Eleanora Fitzwilliam had known Anthony Bridgerton since they were both merely three and ten years of age. Eleanora's unexpected marriage to another m...