How To Save Your Trapper [An...

נכתב על ידי Funnygirl_thatBelle

It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peac... עוד

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Epilogue

Chapter Three

2.6K 57 2
נכתב על ידי Funnygirl_thatBelle

"Are you okay, Amethyst?"

The purple Nadder shook her head and cooed as an answer to her rider's concern. Other than being a little shaken, she was okay. There were no visible injuries as far as Revna could tell. She'd have to give Amethyst a thorough check over once they got back.

As they flew closer and closer to home, Eret's threat rang in Revna's head on a continuous loop. "You will never hold onto those dragons, you hear me?! Drago is coming for them all!" Revna felt that she and her friends just bit off more than they could chew. As soon as word got out about their homeland, Berk was going to be attacked. Dragons and dragon riders alike were going to be in real peril. It felt like they were flying for ages, but Berk could finally be seen through the fog. Revna knew they had to hurry and warn her Uncle so a plan of action could be made to protect Berk and its inhabitants. Hiccup led Revna and Astrid near Gobber's smith shop so they could land safely. He descended off of Toothless' back swiftly in order to warn his father of the dire news. Revna and Astrid followed close behind.

"Haha! There he is, huh? The pride of Berk!" Stoick's enthusiasm didn't go unnoticed by his niece, but there were more pressing matters at hand right now. She just hoped he'd listen long enough for Hiccup to say his peace.

Despite Hiccup's rushed steps, Gobber just had to bust his young apprentice's chops. "Look who finally decided to show up for work, aye."

"Sorry, got held up," Hiccup reasoned before asking his Dad, "Hey, Dad, can I have a word?" Astrid did her best to listen in while the two men were moving deeper into the shop. Revna didn't bother, knowing her Uncle would be a challenge getting through to. She decided to check Amethyst over for any injuries.

As she examined her dragon, Revna could barely pick up the sound of her Uncle's voice. "Something you're itching to tell me?"

"Not exactly the itch you're thinking of, but yes," Hiccup replied hastily. That was the last thing Revna heard. Hiccup and her uncle were too deep in the shop and the rowdy gathering of customers made it difficult to hear. She vaguely picked up on Hiccup trying to tell his dad how important this discussion was, but Uncle Stoick was far too busy helping his people. When she was satisfied that there was no damage to her beloved dragon, Revna turned towards the smith shop and watched the show. There was nothing else to do. If Hiccup couldn't get through to his dad, she definitely wasn't going to be able to get through to her Uncle.

An excited villager gave Stoick his demands for a new saddle who was all too happy to oblige. Hiccup was working tirelessly to nab his father's undivided attention, but saddles and teaching Hiccup the ways of a chief were far more important. Revna joined Astrid at the entrance of the shop, hoping the conversation would change in their favor.

"Grump! You let the forge die out again!" Gobber's sudden loud voice made Revna jump slightly, making Astrid chuckle at her friend's expense. Revna nudged her blonde friend while Grump, Gobber's lazy, sleepy dragon, woke up long enough to restore the fire. Only he put too much force behind it and caused a fire to break out into the shop, making Hiccup scream.

Gobber extinguished the fire with the state-of-the-art water system and groaned, "That's it, Grump. You're going up for adoption!" Revna rolled her eyes and scoffed, knowing for a fact that Gobber would never let such a thing happen. Grump may be lazy, but Gobber has never loved anything more.

Meanwhile, Hiccup was still fighting for his father's undivided attention. "But, seriously, I really need to tell you about this new land we came across," Hiccup pleaded. But while Stoick didn't listen, Gobber became intrigued.

"Another one?!"

Fishlegs appeared and asked, "Any new dragons?"

"We didn't stick around to find out. These folks weren't particularly friendly," Hiccup replied, making Revna cringe at the recent memory.

Thankfully, no one seemed to notice as Gobber sarcastically commented, "Oh, really? Your Night Fury and Deadly Nadders didn't bring them cheering to the rooftops?"

"No, this was different," Hiccup argued, ignoring Gobber's tone "Not the standard run-for-the hills hoo-ha I've come to enjoy. These guys were trappers. Dragon Trappers."

Astrid stepped forward to defend Hiccup's claim. "You should've seen their fort. All blown apart and stuck in giant spikes of ice. It was weird."

"I've never seen anything like it," Hiccup added.

"And worst of all, they thought we did it," Revna interjected, "They even had Amethyst trapped for the length of our unfortunate visit."

"Y'know, you three are gonna get yourselves in serious trouble one of these days", Gobber chastised while changing his prosthetic hand to a brush for his mustache. "Not everyone appreciates this way of life."

Revna feared that that day had already come. Eret's words echoed in her head once more, but Stoick's deep, authoritative voice brought her back. "Gobber's right, son. Best we keep to our own. Besides, you'll have more important uses for your time," he stated. He turned on the giant saw and shouted, "Once we make the big announcement!"

Hiccup turned off the saw and argued, "They are building a dragon army. Or-or at least the guy they work for is. Ah, Dargo Bloody Fist, or something." Revna noticed as her Uncle's expression turned grim as he shared a knowing look with Gobber. She was too distracted to register Tuff and Ruff's stupid remarks about defending their dragon. But she vaguely heard Fishlegs and Snotlout's shameless attempts at flirting only to be rejected by Ruff.

"Bludvist? Drago Bludvist?" Startled by her Uncle's sudden alarm, Revna stepped forward, fully engaged in the conversation.

"Uh, yeah," Hiccup stuttered, "Wait. You know him?" Stoick didn't answer and ran towards the dragon hangar. They all followed him, struggling to keep up, confusion and anxiety weighing them down.

Once the group was inside the hangar, Stoick ordered, "Ground all the dragons!"

"What? Why?"

Stoick didn't answer his son on account of lack of listening probably. Instead, he continued his commands, "Seal the gates! Lower the storm doors!"

"Woah, Woah, Woah," Hiccup interjected, "Wait! What is happening?"

Hiccup's cries went unheard again as Gobber added, "You heard the man! Lock it down!"

"No dragon or Viking steps foot off this island until I give the word!"

Revna was just as confused as everyone else, but before she could comment, Hiccup beat her to it. "Because some guy you knew is stirring up trouble in some faraway land?"

"Because Drago Bludvist is a madman," Stoick finally clarified, "Without consequence or mercy. And if he's built a dragon army... gods help us all." Revna thought back to Eret's ghastly elaborate scar. If this Drago maniac did that to someone who has pledged his loyalty, Berk wouldn't survive and the lives of both dragons and Vikings alike would be lost.

"Get them to their pens!" Her uncle's voice shook Revna from her day terror. Vikings were quickly adhering to their chief's command, securing dragon after dragon into their pens.

Hiccup approached his father. "Then let's ride back out there. We'll follow those trappers to Drago and talk some sense into him."

"No", Stoick demanded, "We fortify the island."

Hiccup wasn't taking that as an answer and argued, "It's our duty to keep the peace!"

"Peace is over, Hiccup. I must prepare you for war."

The stubborn young man was taken aback. "War? Dad, if Drago's coming for our dragons, we can't wait around for him to get here. Let's go find him and change his mind."

"Some minds won't be changed, Hiccup. Berk is what you need to worry about. A chief protects his own," Stoick informed his son before turning to his followers and yelling, "Secure the stable. Latch every stall!"

A determined look washed over Hiccup's face and neither Revna nor Astrid liked it. As if reading his mind, Astrid pleaded, "Hiccup, don't."

"I have to," Hiccup stated before kissing Astrid's cheek. The commotion faded into the background as Revna watched Hiccup mount Toothless and take off at high speeds towards an exit. While Stoick was focused on Hiccup's escape attempt, Astrid mounted Stormfly and stealthily followed. Toothless and Hiccup slipped through a gap in the lowering storm door and Astrid wasn't far behind. She and Stormfly made it out just before the doors slammed shut. The secured hangar was dark, but in the dim candle-light, Revna could see her uncle's beyond angry expression that adorned his face. There was practically smoke coming out of his ears.

"Revna, you and your friends, mount up," Stoick ordered, "We're getting them back." Wasting no time, Revna readied Amethyst for the flight while her friends did the same. Gobber insisted on coming along, which Stoick had no qualms about. Strength in numbers and all that.

"Open the doors! And stay on the island! We'll be back soon!" Stoick's command was followed and the storm doors opened. The rescue group sprung into action, Skullcrusher taking the lead to track Hiccup and Astrid's scents. It didn't take long for him to pick something up, and the mission was underway.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

42.7K 844 39
[Hiccstrid] It's a Hiccup Leaves Berk story, but with some new twists and turns. Hiccup leaves as a runty nobody with a big secret, only to return as...
10.2K 245 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...
20.8K 905 9
What if Hiccup wasn't an only child? What if he had a twin sister? What if she was blind? What if she also liked the fearless Astrid Hofferson? Find...
389K 8.4K 22
Complete!!! Hiccup was always a nuisance to the vikings on Berk. He was viewed as a runt, a shame, and a screw up. That all changed when he became th...