This Side of Paradise - Tsuki...

By ethereal-tsukki

๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š. ๐˜ผ๐™™๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ.โ•ฐโ”€โ”€ โžค Tsukishima Kei and his wife, Tsukishima Mizuki, deal with the bli... More

Chapter 1: Our Story
Chapter 2: One Dream at a Time
Chapter 3: Together
Chapter 4: Ready
Chapter 5: Patience
Chapter 6: Change
Chapter 7: Protagonists
Chapter 8: Olympics
Chapter 9: Crumble
Chapter 10: Remorse
Chapter 12: Pros and Cons
Chapter 13: All That Matters
Chapter 14: Matching
Chapter 15: Breaking the News
Chapter 16: Soon
Chapter 17: Brainstorm
Chapter 18: Mission
Chapter 19: It's Time
Chapter 20: September 7th, 7:43 pm
Chapter 21: Once Upon a Time
Chapter 22: Lunch
Chapter 23: Purpose
Chapter 24: Surprise
Chapter 25: Loss
Chapter 26: Think Twice
Chapter 27: Loyalty
Chapter 28: Happy Anniversary
Chapter 29: I'm Sorry
Chapter 30: Celebration
Chapter 31: Milestones
Chapter 32: No!
Chapter 33: Her Return
Chapter 34: Reunited
Chapter 35: Catch Up
Chapter 36: The Path
Chapter 37: More
Chapter 38: Finally
Chapter 39: First Day
Chapter 40: Surreal

Chapter 11: Forward

2.3K 83 32
By ethereal-tsukki

A/N: Warning! Manga spoilers ahead.

Chapter 11:

Within a few days, after Mizuki and the Women's Japan National team fought with ferocity to make it past the qualification round, they managed to make it to the finals! They played against the Brazil team who were extremely skilled, experienced, and tenacious. They were also tall which put the Japan team at a disadvantage. Brazil was undoubtedly the toughest opponent that they had ever faced. Moreover, if Mizuki hadn't moved back to Japan after university, she definitely would have played for the Brazil team.

Kei could still recall holding his breath as he and his friends watched the lengthy match, eager to win the prestigious gold medal along with the distinguished rank that came with the win. He couldn't take his eyes off of his wife, who shone so brightly that it rivaled the sun.

During the fifth and final set, the Japan team was at match point - in other words, they were winning. They were at 30 - 29 and it was Mizuki's turn to serve. She took a deep breath, ignoring the flashing lights and the deafening roar of the crowd that surrounded her.

She felt light and airy, almost as if she wasn't in control of her own body. She knew that she was under immense amounts of pressure and yet, for some twisted reason, she felt calm - at peace. She could feel beads of sweat drip down her face as she exhaled, waiting for the referee to blow the whistle at the very last second. She gazed up, and amongst the crowd, she saw a strange figure that was seemingly staring at her. She couldn't quite see the person's face but she didn't feel scared - she felt oddly melancholic.

Mizuki looked around and observed her teammates. Suzuki Rina, her best friend and the libero, was beside her, focused and determined to win. Kojima Sara, her friend and the setter, faced forward, eager to achieve victory as well. Her captain, her vice-captain, and her other teammates were resolute, and everything they had been working so hard for had led them here...

To the top.

The shrill sound of the whistle snapped Mizuki out of her trance, and when she looked up at the stands, the mysterious figure had vanished. She took a deep breath and took a few quick steps forward. She threw the ball, and with the use of her left hand, she spiked the volleyball fiercely towards the opponent's net.

Brazil's libero received it haphazardly, and it flew to Japan's side of the net. As the ball made its way to their side, everything around the court seemed to slow down. Mizuki only heard the shouts of her captain who had steadily received the ball. Kojima sprinted, preparing to set the ball to the person who had the highest chance of succeeding.

Mizuki realized who it could've been at that very moment.

To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift.

"Mizuki-chan!" Kojima exclaimed breathlessly.

She methodically set the ball high enough for Mizuki to formulate a plan in her head. Mizuki dashed forward with the intention to end the game right there and then. Three blockers jumped and diminished her vision until she realized what she should do. Brazil's receivers and libero moved backward, bracing for her paralyzing spike. Instead of spiking forcefully, like how she had been doing so the entire match, she feigned and lightly tapped the volleyball over. It cascaded behind the blockers, and the ball unexpectedly dropped on the other side of the net, narrowly securing Japan's win.

The Women's Japan National Team secured their first gold medal Olympic win since 1976, thanks to Mizuki's clever deception.

"#23, Toma Mizuki has left the Brazil team speechless with her shocking faint! Japan wins!"

The next few minutes after that were like a hazy blur to Mizuki, her teammates, Kei, and their family and friends. The crowd howled with glee as they celebrated their win with the team.

Shortly after, the medal ceremony took place for the women's team and Japan received their long-awaited, well-deserved gold medals. Mizuki couldn't believe that she was standing on the podium with her teammates victorious. It wasn't like she expected to win - after all, so many skilled volleyball teams participated in the 2021 Summer Olympics!

Gold Medal: Japan

Silver Medal: Brazil

Bronze Medal: Poland

After doing many tiring interviews and talking with the team and the coach, Mizuki finally had the chance to meet up with her supportive husband, Kei. She practically leapt in his arms, grinning widely.

"Congratulations," Kei laughed warmly, "You deserved this win and more, princess."

"Did you see what I did at the end?! I can't believe I did that!" She exclaimed, "I always thought my winning spike would be something cool!"

"It was cool," He smirked mischievously, "It was insanely attractive."

"Shut up!" She giggled softly.

Kei cupped her face and leaned down to briefly kiss her and when he pulled away, he noticed a slight change in her ecstatic expression.

"Something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"It's nothing..." She cleared her throat.

"Mizuki..."

Kei frowned and when she looked up at his concerned eyes, she sighed deeply.

"Before I served during match point," She bit her lip, "I swear I saw my dad watching me at the stands earlier."

Kei widened his eyes in surprise. Usually, he didn't believe in supernatural beings like ghosts but... What if his recent disrespect of his wife's father caused a disturbance in the world somehow?

"... A ghost?" He murmured apprehensively.

"No... Nothing like that, I don't think." Mizuki shook her head.

"Oh." He let out a sigh of relief.

"I think it was him..." She continued somberly, "It sounds ridiculous, I know."

"Hey..." Kei wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, "Even if it wasn't him, I know he would be proud of you today, regardless if you won or not."

She let out a small laugh and said, "I hope so. I know my team and I just won and I'm obviously over the moon but... During that last serve... I was kind of sad..."

As a response, he embraced her even tighter.

"I wished he could've seen me up there today." She shut her eyes and allowed herself to be comforted by her husband.

"I know..." 

"I'm okay now, though," She smiled affectionately at him, "I'm a winner, and I've got a super hot husband."

"You won at life." He teased, causing her to laugh.

"I did..." Mizuki tip-toed up to kiss him quickly, "I really did." 

~

The following day, Mizuki and Rina joined Kei, Mina, Yamaguchi, and Yachi at the stands. It was finally the Men's Japan National team versus Argentina's team at the Olympic final. They were excited to watch and cheer on Hinata, Kageyama, Bokuto, Ushijima, Atsumu, and all of their friends on the Japan team. Mizuki was secretly cheering for Oikawa too, who belonged to the Argentinian team. 

"Who do you think's going to win?" Kei asked his wife.

"I don't know..." Mizuki pursed her lips together thoughtfully, "I think in terms of overall strength, our team is possibly more superior than Argentina. They do have Hinata, Kageyama, Ushijima-san, Sakusa-san, and Bokuto-san on their team. They're very attack-oriented... Plus, we've got Yaku-san and Komori-san, who excel in defense! Then again, I could be very biased."

Kei urged for her to continue her explanation.

"On the other hand, I've seen how Oikawa-san plays first-hand when I was in Argentina and Brazil... When he played beach volleyball with Hinata, it was the most mesmerizing thing," She nodded, "Also, he was considered the best setter when we were first years in high school and if you compare him then to now, you would consider high school Oikawa weak..."

"Of course I would never call Oikawa-san weak!" Mizuki added, clearly panicked, "He's an amazing volleyball player, that's for sure!"

"You're so cute when you ramble." Kei chuckled playfully.

"I'm serious..." She shook her head as she pouted, "Oikawa-san has always brought out the very best in his teammates. If Argentina is already a strong team to begin with, Oikawa-san would simply be amplifying their skills by a million times."

"So, you think Argentina will win then?" Kei raised an eyebrow.

"Argh!" She frowned, crossing her arms exasperatedly, "I have no clue!"

"Japan's going to win!" Rina chimed in.

"You're extremely biased," Mina, her twin snickered, "Your boyfriend is literally on the team."

"So?!"

"I, for one, believe in Hinata!" Yachi smiled sheepishly, "We've been hanging out a lot since the Olympics started and he told me how much he's been practicing these last couple of weeks."

"Really, Yachi?" Mizuki winked.

"Wh-what?" She blushed.

"Apparently, Mina and I weren't invited to their last hang out..." Yamaguchi sighed exaggeratedly, "Seems like they just want to hang out alone..."

"It's not like that!" Yachi exclaimed, covering her face with her hands.

"Aww!" Rina squealed, "Shoyo's an amazing guy, Yachi. If you want, I could help you out... My boyfriend is besties with him."

"I don't think Kageyama would agree with that statement..." Kei smirked.

Yachi shook her head frantically. It was unclear to Mizuki if she didn't want to be set up with Hinata or if she was just shy. 

Finally, the match between Japan and Argentina commenced.

The first set started out intense, with Argentina leading by a few points. 

An hour passed and they were on the fourth set. Argentina had won two sets (thanks to Oikawa's monstrous serves and setting abilities) while Japan had only won one. It seemed like Argentina was this brute fireball of strength and fortitude. 

Mizuki watched in awe as she witnessed Oikawa serve again. 

He was absolutely incredible. He was the embodiment of 'I love volleyball' and she looked up to him wholeheartedly. 

Within just a few short minutes, Oikawa set the volleyball up to one of his teammates, starting an exhausting rally between the two teams. Kageyama set the ball up to Hinata for a quick attack, and when he aggressively spiked, Oikawa flawlessly received it. Argentina set up another attack, and this time, instead of setting, he was the one that spiked it. Ushijima received it, causing him to irk in annoyance. 

Eventually, Oikawa scored the winning point, ending the match with a final score of 34 - 32.

Gold Medal: Argentina

Silver Medal: Japan

Bronze Medal: Brazil

"It's a well-deserved win for Oikawa-san..." Mizuki smiled proudly, "It truly is!"

"AWW, man!" Rina sighed, "You're right though! This game was amazing!"

After the closing medal ceremonies for the men, Kei and Mizuki went home to their apartment. The next day would be the last day of the 2021 Summer Olympics. The official closing ceremonies for all the sports would be tomorrow and although it was bittersweet, she couldn't wait to take some time off with her husband, her family, and friends in Miyagi.

Mizuki gazed up at Kei who had fallen asleep beside her on the sofa. His soft, blonde hair covered parts of his eyes and his glasses were lopsided. She smiled at him adoringly.

One part of her life - participating (and winning) in the Olympics - was complete. She fulfilled one of her dreams already at such a young age. Not to mention, she was also married to the love of her life, Tsukishima Kei.

She wondered what was next in her life... 

Nevertheless, Mizuki was happily looking forward to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 303 20
A collection of Haikyuu characters x reader oneshots, imagines and stories for you - it's seems everyone is falling for (Y/n)~ -Fluff, angst, shorts...
115K 2.2K 26
Y/N lived an average life up until the incident in middle school. After that, she spent her days alone but still living her reasonably average life. ...
1K 30 18
"๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›" "๐™„'๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ค๐™ " "๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค๐™š๐™จ๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" "๐™จ๐™๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ช๐™ฅ" โœฐ.๏ฝก.โœตยฐ Where 2...
184K 4.8K 17
Ummmm...it's basically a Haikyลซ x reader fanfic, and I hope you enjoy!!! All rights reserved!!! I do not own Haikyลซ or its characters and I most defi...