DELICATE | ginny weasley

By -estesfolklore

"is it cool that i said all that? is it chill that you're in my head? 'cause i know that it's d e l i c... More

DELICATE
o. the death of cedric diggory
act one: the troubles of aoife finnigan
i. the cherry on top
ii. fix-ups and fluffnuggets
iii. aoife loves madonna!
iv. quidditch and the quibbler
v. busted
vi. heights and flights
vii. truth or dare
vii. the aftermath
ix. the astronomy tower and arden montgomery
x. the hospital wing
act two: better or worse
i. the girl with the blue hair
ii. kisses and good company

iii. the new girl

1.3K 103 92
By -estesfolklore

AOIFE RESTED HER HEAD ON TOP OF Kiara's, sighing softly. The whole beginning of the feast had been the sorting hat being a bit of a debbie downer, and then the sorting, which was always mind numbingly boring. Edelyn wasn't even pretending to pay attention, pulling a braid into Luna's hair and humming under her breath.

"Surely we must be nearly done," Aoife said.

"They're on Z," Luna said, being the only one of them who actually enjoyed the sorting. As the last first year scurried down to join their house, McGonagall cleared her throat once more.

"Roosevelt, Katerina."

Luna frowned. "But they're well past R, we should be done."

"Maybe she misread it and meant Zoosevelt," Edelyn suggested, and Aoife snorted.

"She doesn't look like a first year," Kiara said, nodding her head towards the girl making her way to the school. Aoife's eyes widened slightly, stunned. She was definitely not a first year, that's for sure. She was gorgeous.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Aoife felt her heart sink a little, and she put her chin in her hand. Her eyes drifted to the Gryffindor table, following the new girl, Katerina, down.

"Miss Roosevelt is a transfer from Ilvermorny," Professor McGonagall announced. "She will be joining fifth year."

Kiara nudged Aoife gently. "New mate for us, d'ya reckon?"

"She's a Gryff," Edelyn said. "She'll hang with them."

"But maybe she doesn't have a death wish," Aoife mused. "That's what appears to surround Gryffindor, especially the sixth years."

"You mean, especially Harry Potter and his mates," Edelyn said.

"That's exactly what I meant," Aoife nodded. "Trouble surrounds that lot."

"They're lovely though," Luna piped up.

"I know, I know, I didn't mean they did it on purpose," Aoife mumbled. She cast a glance over to the Gryffindor table, watching the new girl take a seat beside Ginny, and her stomach twisted. Seamus caught her eye and gave her a glum nod, before returning his head to his hands.

"I need a smoke," Aoife muttered. Edelyn shook her head disapprovingly but didn't comment, whilst Kiara laid a hand on top of Aoife's.

"We'll go after the feast, alright?" she said softly. Aoife nodded, feeling mildly irritated at the sound of Dumbledore's voice, (okay, maybe more than mildly).

"Oh finally," Edelyn said as the plates filled. "I could eat a horse."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"ARE YOU SHITTING ME?" AOIFE grumbled, pulling Kiara along beside her as she stormed out of the great hall. "Fucking Snape?"

"I know," Kiara agreed. "It's a bit ridiculous."

"I fucking hate that bastard," Aoife said. "And at least before, it was potions and Snape in the same class, but now I have to put up with two things I fucking despise, at separate times!"

"Um, Aoif, I'm really sorry to like— have to ditch you, but I have prefect duties," Kiara mumbled, pulling them both to a halt.

"You didn't tell me you got prefect!" Aoife said, nudging her gently. "Well done Ki!" She threw her arms around her, squeezing her tightly.

"Yeah, uh, I didn't really want to make it a big deal," Kiara mumbled.

"And there we were, thinking you had a secret shag on the train!" Aoife joked. "Seriously, well done."

"Thanks," Kiara said. She looked away, glassy eyed, and Aoife squeezed her arm.

"He'd be proud of you," she said softly. Kiara nodded quickly, wiping her eyes.

"I'm just being silly," she muttered. "I'd better go. I'll see you at the dorm."

"Ki—" Aoife started, but Kiara was already gone. Aoife sighed, continuing her journey to the courtyard. She was pretty sure she wasn't actually supposed to be out there, and that everyone was supposed to go straight to bed, but she wanted a smoke and Edelyn did not like smoking.

"I said I'd sort it!" A whispered remark caught Aoife's ear. She ducked behind a pillar, her curiosity getting the better of her. It was Arden, of fucking course it was. It didn't matter, to be honest, Aoife was well and truly over her. And truth be told, the only thing she wanted more than a cigarette was a snog from Ciara.

"Let go of me Draco," Arden said lowly. "I don't care if we're... whatever, I won't hesitate to curse your arm off."

"Oh sure you would," Draco Malfoy sneered. "I'd like to see you try."

"You know, I spent a fair bit of time with your Aunt over the summer," Arden spat. "Are you sure you want to test that out?" Malfoy hesitated, then released his grip on her arm.

"So you know you have to—"

"I said I'd sort it!" Arden hissed. "Piss off Draco, go and cry to your Mummy."

"Fuck off," Malfoy snapped.

"You fuck off," Arden snapped back. "Wouldn't want your goons thinking you've gotten yourself killed already."

Malfoy's eyes flashed, and he plunged his hand into his robes. Arden raised her eyebrows.

"Is that really how you want to play this Dray?" she drawled.

Aoife cursed under her breath as her lighter slipped from her fingers, and she bent down further to get it. Hearing a loud crack, and then a quiet groan of pain, she bobbed back up, eyes widening as she saw Malfoy with dark red blood dripping from his nose, and Arden inspecting her nails.

"I'll see you in the common room," Malfoy said gruffly, dabbing the blood off of his nose. Arden didn't warrant him with a response, slipping up onto the fountains edge. Aoife waited until Malfoy was out of sight before she stood up from her hiding spot, strolling nonchalantly over to the bench.

"Why hello there," Arden said, a smirk dancing on her lips. "What can I do for you this evening?"

"I'm just here for a smoke, Arden, don't make it difficult," Aoife sighed.

"Me? Making things difficult?" Arden grinned. "I would never."

"Just piss off alright?"

"I was here first," Arden smirked.

"Well shut up then," Aoife muttered. "Go dtachtfadh an diabhal thú."

Arden didn't say anything else, rather surprisingly, choosing instead to dangle her fingers into the fountain, tracing shapes on the surface of the water. Aoife chose to focus on lighting her cigarette, watching her out of the corner of her eye. Her stomach was bubbling with nerves, half wondering if she should start a conversation.

"You have blood on your robe," Aoife said quietly, after what felt like years of tense silence.

"Oh," Arden said, looking down in surprise. "Yes, I suppose I do." She tapped it with her wand, and it disappeared.

Aoife blinked, staring at her momentarily before taking another drag of her cigarette. She didn't say anything as she stubbed it out, giving Arden a quick nod goodbye before she disappeared back into the castle. Arden looked like she was in her own world, staring into the sky and absently twisting a strand of her hair. Aoife didn't bother to look back as she slipped into the castle, just ready to get to her bed.

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

AOIFE WAS THE LAST OF them to sit down at breakfast the next morning, just Edelyn and Kiara sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Aoife could see Luna at the Gryffindor table, but there was no sign of Andrew.

"Uh, morning," Aoife muttered. Kiara gave her a warm smile, nudging a plate of toast towards her.

"Morning Aoif," Edelyn said, not looking up from her newspaper.

"Where's Andrew?" Aoife asked, tucking into her toast. "Didn't see him on the train yesterday either." Edelyn made a non committal sound, whilst Kiara just shrugged.

"Wouldn't want him here anyway," Edelyn muttered. "Dickhead."

"What?" Aoife asked, her eyebrows shooting upwards. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing of importance," Edelyn said stiffly.

"What happened Eddie?" Kiara asked gently, and Edelyn softened slightly.

"We kissed," she said bluntly. Aoife choked on her toast.

"Pardon?"

"We kissed, in my garden," Edelyn sighed. "And then he fucked off and shagged some muggle."

"He what?!"

"Yeah," Edelyn nodded grimly. "He was spouting all this shit about how he really appreciated me, blah, blah, then he kissed me, and then he ran away, and next thing I know my mates ringing me to tell me Andrew shagger Sarah." Edelyn and Andrew were near enough to next door neighbours, and even though Edelyn's family were muggles, their families had been close for years.

"What a dick," Aoife said. "Pussy."

"It's whatever," Edelyn shrugged. "I'm over it."

"Mhm," Kiara said smugly. "I knew you liked him."

"Yeah, liked, as in past tense," Edelyn said. "I do not like him anymore, fucking bastard."

"So we're ditching him then?" Aoife said.

"You can be mates with him if you'd like," Edelyn said shortly. "I'm over it."

"Hey, speaking of being over things," Kiara said, sending a sly smile in Aoife's direction. "How's yearning for Ginny going?"

"What yearning for Ginny?" Aoife answered without missing a beat, and Edelyn and Kiara both snorted. Aoife rubbed the back of her neck, a sheepish smile on her lips. "Oh, that yearning for Ginny, yeah I'm over it."

"Are you now?" Edelyn said, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yes," Aoife said. "Completely."

"Good," Kiara nodded in approval. "Now you can be friends with her again."

"We didn't stop being friends," Aoife protested.

"Mhm," Kiara said, patting her arm. "Sure you didn't."

"What? Was that however long spat just a show?" Edelyn teased.

"Piss off," Aoife mumbled, cheeks glowing red.

"Aw she's blushing," Edelyn grinned. Aoife kicked her under the table.

"Go ndéana an diabhal dréimire do chnámh do dhroma," she said. Edelyn winced, rubbing her shin.

"That was not English."

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," Aoife said, rolling her eyes. Kiara giggled, and Edelyn scowled.

"So what was it?"

"It's obviously Irish Eddie," Kiara said. "Didn't you read Aoif's letters?"

"I have a memory like a sieve babe," Edelyn said. "I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday."

"Morning girls!" Professor Flitwick said cheerily, passing out their timetables.

"We'll take Lunas as well Professor," Kiara said.

"Of course, of course," Professor Flitwick nodded. "This years a big year for you all!"

"Yeah, I can hardly contain my excitement," Edelyn  muttered dryly. Kiara elbowed her harshly, giving her an unimpressed look.

"See you all in Charms!" Flitwick bustled off, disappearing behind students heads.

"What we got then?" Aoife asked. "Same classes?"

"Yup, pretty much," Kiara said. "Except Luna and I have Divination when you two have Ancient Runes."

"Imagine taking Divination," Edelyn sniggered.

"At least I don't bore myself to death with Runes," Kiara rolled her eyes. "We have DADA first though, so best be ready for the shit show that will be."

"Snape," Edelyn muttered. "Can't he go hang upside down somewhere and leave us in peace?"

Kiara blinked at her, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"...because he's like a bat Ki?"

"Oh!" Kiara said, giggling slightly. "That was funny then."

"Yeah, thanks, I know," Edelyn grinned. "Right ladies, let's get this shit over with."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS WITH the Hufflepuffs — let's call it, eventful, shall we? Normally, it went fine. Normally everything ran smoothly when they were with the Hufflepuffs, there was no weird tension, no glares shot across the classroom, they got on well with the Hufflepuffs.

Apparently, today decided to be difficult. None of it would have happened if Snape hadn't decided to assign seats, oh so conveniently deciding to place Andrew and Edelyn beside one another. Aoife ended up next to Andrews friend Evan, who she didn't necessarily mind, but she would have been a lot happier next to Kiara.

"This year you will be sitting your Ordinary Wizarding Levels," Snape drawled, and Aoife immediately tuned him out. Fuck that.

She could feel the chill in the air between Edelyn and Andrew, both of them sat as far away from each other as they could pull off. Andrew kept shooting glances at Edelyn, opening his mouth to say something, and then thinking better of it, whilst Edelyn was sat stony faced, staring straight ahead.

Aoife's fingers drummed silently against the desk, her eyes fixed on the clock, watching the seconds tick by. Each second seemed to last a lifetime as Snape droned on and on about the difference between hexes and jinxes, and when the bell finally, Aoife was the first out of her seat.

"He likes you," Kiara said, as soon as she caught up with her. Aoife stopped dead in her tracks.

"Pardon?"

"He likes you," she repeated. "Evan."

"You're chatting shite," Aoife shook her head. "How'd you come to that conclusion?"

"He was staring at you like the whole class," Kiara said. "He definitely has a crush on you."

"Alright, sure." Aoife rolled her eyes. "Did you see how awkward it was between Eds and Andrew?"

"Bloody hell, could practically feel the ice," Kiara said, shivering for emphasis.

"Where'd she even go?" Aoife asled, looking around for Edelyn.

"Probably to hit something," Kiara shrugged. "What we got next?"

"I have Runes," Aoife said. "I'll catch up with you after though, and I'll make sure Edelyn doesn't kill anyone."

"See you at break," Kiara said, squeezing Aoife's arm. "Love you."

"Love you too," Aoife said, blowing her a kiss. They split into different directions, Kiara heading towards the ground floor for Divination with Firenze, and Aoife heading towards the Runes classroom. She had no idea where Edelyn had gotten to, but assumed she would probably already be there.

The corridors were nearly deserted and a quick glance at her watch told her she was very much definitely going to be late to Runes. Swearing under her breath, she picked up her pace a bit. She was practically running as she turned the corner, going crashing into an approaching body.

Aoife went stumbling backwards, nearly knocked off of her feet with the force they had collided. Bracing herself for it to be a teacher or something, because that would be just her luck, she straightened up, an apology on the tip of her tongue.

"Fuck! I am so sorry!" It was the new girl, looking thoroughly startled and a little nervous. "Are you alright?" She had a hint of an American accent, but she definitely sounded English.

"No, it was my fault," Aoife said, a little out of breath from her speedwalking. "I'm sorry, are you alright?"

"Oh yeah," the girl... was her name Katerina?, laughed airily. "Totally okay."

"Right," Aoife nodded, wondering in the back of her mind how on earth she was going to get off with being late.

"I'm Kat, by the way," Kat said, extending her hand out.

"Aoife," Aoife shook it. Her hands were rougher than she was expecting, not that she had thought about it, and she could feel callouses under the flesh of her palms. Kat was smiling warmly at her, still looking a little nervous, and Aoife cleared her throat awkwardly. "Well... um.."

"You don't happen to know where the Ancient Runes classroom is?" Kat blurted. "Ginny told me it was this way, but she couldn't take me and this school is like a fucking maze." Aoife couldn't help but notice the way her stomach did a flip as Kat said Ginny's name and she scolded herself internally.

"Um, yeah, I can show you," Aoife said. "I'm headed there anyway."

"Oh, ace!" Kat grinned. "None of the girls in my dorm take it, and there was no chance I was going to ask a boy."

Aoife snorted, starting in the direction of the Runes class. "Good thing I ran into you actually," she said. "Literally. You can be my get out of jail free card for being late."

"Well," Kat laughed. "Glad I can be of assistance!"

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

note:
lol i am in fact not dead 😎😎😎
writers block & lack of motivation hit me like a truck so... sorry for not updating in forever 😁😁😁
hope u enjoyed this anyways love u love u

p.s. updates will not be getting consistent bc i now have exams again despite them being cancelled months ago 😁😁😁😁😁😁 (send help)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 325 9
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is roughly about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoy!) This quartet...
1.2K 78 19
in which Gemma Hilton returns to Hogwarts to find out there is more happening in the castle walls than she thought. or. in which a girl is in ano...
16K 800 18
Going through her Puberty, Y/n faces more problems than a normal teenager and Her being in The Universe of Harry Potter didn't make it better. She ke...
7.2K 153 86
Phoenix Jane Diggory, Cedric Diggory's kid sister and Ron Weasley's bestest friend since birth. Just cross the dirt path and a couple of trees from t...