His Signed Up Babe

By MabelOsagiede

"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then... More

Author's note
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°18°
Author's POV
°19°
°20°
°21°
My Gift to You!
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
° 27 °
° 28 °
° 29 °
° 30 °
° 31 °
It's Me vs You
°32°
°33°
A/N
°34°
° 35 °
° 36 °
° 37 °
° 38 °
Pls Read🥺
° 39 °
° 40 °
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃
Instagram Handle
Now a PUBLISHED WRITER in Nigeria

°17°

1.5K 389 45
By MabelOsagiede

Omo! I just wish I can go back to the beach. Aargh!

It's been two days after that fun outing. I haven't seen Prince since then. He went to Lagos island for some important business and has been there for two days. He will be returning today and he insisted we eat lunch together. He had said during our phone that he misses me. I've become a friend to him.

I knew we would become friends. Imagine a cocky smile on my face. Cos I know I'm a girl with good vibes.

However, today I heard a new doctor was recruited into their hospital. I would be working under him. I don't want any bad reports that will affect my residency program so I plan of leaving a good first impression. I want him to see me for the diligent doctor I am.

For the past thirty minutes, I've been trying to meet him so that I can introduce myself. The funny part about it was that we never crossed paths. If he was at the top floor, I would be at the first floor. That is if he is upstairs, I'm downstairs. If I'm heading to his office, he would be heading to another office. So I've just been roaming around the hospital. I had work to do and I decided to put my full attention on it. I was speaking to a patient in his ward when my colleague, a woman informed me that the specific doctor I have been hoping to meet was expecting me in his office. I made sure I was looking proper and well dressed in my scrub as I headed to his office. When I got there, I knocked on the door.

A voice called for me to come in. I took in a deep breathe and walked in.

"Good morning sir!" I greeted.

"Is this morning?" he growled.

I looked around me and spotted a wall clock. 11:30 am. Yes na! It's morning. Mtcheww. What's doing this man?

"Yes, sir!"

"I called for you. What took you so long?"

"Sir, I came here the moment I was informed"

"And you are?"

Oh! My bad! I forgot to tell you that this doctor hasn't even glanced at me since I entered his office. His eyes are on his laptop.

So rude! Just because he be oga. No wahala. Small small. I go get there.

"My name is Anita Tosin, sir"

"Are you a doctor here?"

"Um...I'm doing my residency program"

"What do you specialize in?"

"Surgery!" I replied with a deep sense of confidence. He noticed that in my voice and glanced at me.

He did a once over and asked, "Are you up to the task? We need hardworking people in that field".

"You don't know me, sir. I'm diligent"

"We shall see!" he mumbled and his eyes darted to his laptop. "Take this file and give it to the patient in room 13," he instructed and stretched a file to me.

"Okay, sir!" I took it.

"You may leave"

"Thank you, sir" I made effort to smile though he couldn't see.

What did I even smile? Chai! Waste of energy! I could have just saved that energy so I can use it to smile to a true handsome man not an old man with grey hairs.

I walked out of the office with my face scrunched up.

"How is the man?" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning, Chisom!" I greeted my colleague. She is a nurse in this hospital. She is a diligent and independent woman that I admire.

"Good morning dear," she smiled at me. "So how is the new doctor?"

"Mtcheeww! Rude. Full stop!" I grunted.

"Oh!"

"What's the matter?"

"I will be the nurse assisting him during today's operation," she sighed.

"Pele! You will survive. Don't worry," I patted her back and turned towards the locker room.

"Are you going for lunch? It's already lunch time, you know"

"I know. That's why I'm going to the locker room. I need to change," I said while still taking steps towards the door. She was rooted to her spot at the center of the hallway. She placed her hands on her waist and smirked.

"You owe me lunch!" she announced.

"You say what?" I asked and rose a brow at her.

"Yes! Don't you remember? Have you forgotten when you bribed me to bring a file at the top floor? You said you will buy me lunch," she nodded with her smirk still on her face. "Today is your judgment day".

"No oo! Let it be tomorrow"

"Why?"

"Life no balance!"

"Everyone knows that! Look for a tangible excuse"

"Sincerely, I'm broke" I sighed and pressed my lips together.

"Are you joking?"

"My dear, I wish!" I walked closer to her and whispered. "I spent my last cash last night. My mom said my dad needed a drug for his leg. He is having pains there. I just had to empty my account and send the cash".

"So how will you eat? Do you want to buy in credit? Lemme by food for you na!"

My face lit up with a bright smile. "I have a friend who said he is going to buy lunch for me"

"Oh!"

"Yeah! I didn't eat last night nor this morning so the guy has prepared his mind to spend money today"

"Guy?" A mischievous smile crawled on her face as she stressed the word. "I didn't know you had a guy as a friend". She waggled her brows as she said the word friend.

"Be deceiving yourself there. He is just a friend oo," I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you being defensive?" She giggled. "Except you are hiding your feelings for him".

"I am defensive cos I know you like gossip. Don't go and spread false news".

"No na! I will never share with the world about your love life".

"Wahala oo! Which love life now? Don't start oo! Chisom, I am warning you," I hissed and walked away.

"Anita, my baby girl! You know it's all joke right?" she teased as she headed to the opposition direction towards a staircase.

"I know na," I sent a quick smile before I slipped into the locker room. I changed into my casual outfit. It was a black jeans and a blue blouse that hugged my body. Just as I walked out of the locker room, I bumped into someone, The Doctor! Yeah, that rude man.

"Sorry sir! I didn't know....I mean....I didn't see you...No! Like....It is not...Hmmm..." I cleared my throat. "My apologies, sir!"

The man I was talking to wasn't even listening to me. His wide big eyes were lustfully traveling up and down my body.

"Do you work here?" he asked, his voice raspy.

Stupid question! Ask fish, mister!

"Yes!"

"Have we met?"

This is serious! How about you ask your mama?

"Yes!"

"Where?"

In the mortuary! Nonsense question! Where else are we suppose to meet? Is it not this hospital.

"Hospital!"

"Which hospital?" his eyes mainly fixed on my bosom.

Guys, help oo! I think someone's sense is leaking.

"This hospital!"

"This hospital?"

"No oo! The one in abroad. Which other hospital will I be talking about? And sir, please. Don't ever look at me like that! There is a limit to what a person should do. Have some shame! I'm sure you are married. Go and look at your wife. Mtchew!" I hissed and walked away.

Yep! I said all that without thinking of the consequences I will face. But for now, who cares. You dare not mess with Anita. She is a dragon lady.

I strutted out of the hospital and arrived at Prince's car. When our eyes met, his face was more of gloomy instead of matching the smile on my face.

"What happened?" I asked at once.

He sighed, "I need a friend to talk to".

"I'm here!" I patted his forearm. "But first mama wanna eat food".

He sent a weak smile and opened the car door. "It is with great pleasure that I will get to buy you lunch".

The statement was cute but the expression on his face didn't match.

"What is the course of your sadness, Prince?" I asked when he had gotten into the car.

"It's work-related. Let's eat first," he replied.

"Okay!"

We got to the restaurant in a few minutes. I made my order but Prince didn't even make effort to. When the waiter had taken my order and left, I turned to him.

"Aren't you eating?"

"No appetite!" he replied with a bereaved sigh.

"Oh! Did you eat this morning?"

"No!"

"Last night?"

"No!"

"Yesterday afternoon?"

"No!"

"What about breakfast yesterday?"

"No!"

"Have you signed your will?"

"No...Wait! What?" His eyes popped out of their sockets.

With a sober look, I responded, "Yeah! Have you signed it? I hope you added my name in your will. I also want to inherit some of your assets".

He was silent with an amused look on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that? What do you expect me to say na? I'm sure you work a lot but you aren't eating well. That's like a suicide mission. I thought you love food, what happened?"

"No appetite!"

Our table was round and I was sitting beside him. So I could study his face properly. It was clear that he was stressed out. Before I could think, I was in my doctor mode. I placed my hand on his cheek and examined his face. I looked into his eyes and they were screaming to be shut. Probably he hasn't slept well.

Probably? Cancel that thought. I'm sure he hasn't slept well.

His shoulders were slouched and he spoke, uttering words in a slow rate.

"What happened na?" I asked, visibly worried.

"My company just suffered a loss. I don't know what to do," he sighed.

"How?"

"We were importing some materials to use for production. I spent millions on it but the ship damaged on the sea and my goods are lost forever. Ever! No way to be saved," he mumbled and his voice weakened. "I went to Lagos Island to see if I can strike a deal with a wealthy politician. He was willing to invest but the new personal assistant fucked up. She made a huge mistake that led to the deal being canceled. Everyone in the company are looking up to me for help while I'm here, clueless".

"Ah! I...." I trailed off and sighed. "I don't even know what to say".

His shoulders lifted in a sluggish shrug and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Everything will be alright!"

A sarcastic laughter left his lips. "Yeah, right!"

"What?" I pouted. "I just want to help na. Don't laugh at my effort".

He looked at my expression and his brow slowly lifted up.

"What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing!"

"Talk now!"

"It's nothing"

"Okay! Fine! If you can't say what's on your mind. Send it via WhatsApp as a message".

"It's nothing, Angel!"

"I'm serious. If you don't talk. Our friendship will end here"

He smiled, his dimples on full display. "Who your friendship help!"

I placed both my hands on my head with my mouth slightly opened.

I'm just being dramatic, I know. I'm sure he doesn't mean what he said. If he does, someone might chop punch. However, I must point out that his voice is so sexy when he speaks pidgin. Damn!

"Who my friendship help abi? That's what you said, right?" I exclaimed and nodded my head. I picked my bag and added, "Goodbye!"

"Bye, dear! I see you are not hungry," he winked at me.

"I am serious. I'm leaving"

"I'm not holding you!" he chuckled. His mood obviously lightened.

"It's alright. Goodbye!" I stood up and was about to leave my seat when he gripped my arm, pulling me back. I landed on his thigh not my seat.

Humiliation oo!

Our eyes met and it took my brain a second or two to reset. I rose and stood, my hands on my waist. "What happened? Why did you stop me?"

"You forgot your phone!" he handed it to me with an adorable smile on his face.

I snatched my phone from his hand and walked out of the restaurant. Just when I got to the parking lot, my phone buzzed. Since my mobile date was on,  I got a whatsapp message from IDOIT!

Wawu! I can't believe I haven't changed this name. Prince oo! Pele.

Idiot: 😭😭😭 Come back, my angel. Don't leave me like this.

Me: Tell me what was on your mind.

Idiot: Your new hairstyle changed your look and you look finer. I was just surprised, you know.

Me: But I am always beautiful na. Did something happen to your eyes? Are you just noticing now?😤😤

Idiot: No! Like you,...um...look like my spec. The kind of woman I like 😌

Me: You dey whine me ni?

Idiot: No! I am saying you are beautiful. Now come! Your food is getting cold.

Me: I'm not coming unless you eat with me.

Idiot: I see you are not hungry 🚶🏽🚶🏽

Me: Bye! My friend can buy food for me.

Idiot: Will you feed me? 🥺🥺 That's the only way I can eat. 😣😥

Me: Deal! How much will you pay? My service is not for free.

Idiot: 5k I haven't eaten for long so I truly need it.

Me: Deal! 😁😁😁💃💃 DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU IS SO GOOD.

At least, I won't be completely broke.

I turned around and headed back to the restaurant.

          -------------------------------

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it? What was the interesting part of this chapter to you?

How do you think Anita should treat that Doctor? If you were in that situation, sincerely answer how would you react?

Me: I would be too chicken to yell or even speak rude to him😋🤪🤪🤪 He is my boss na. Fear will not allow me to talk.

Is there any of my reader who is an action lady? 🥺

All the shy girls send any emoji you like.😉

Action ladies send any emoji you like too😌

What is your opinion on Anita and Prince's friendship?

Don't forget to vote, my lovelies. 😘😘😘 God bless you. Love y'all❤❤❤

That's right,
It's Mabel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 7.7K 33
"You Raven are to be my wife whether you like it or not" Toni huskily whispered into the enraged woman's ear. "No, I will not! Over my dead body wil...
76.5K 11.9K 38
Sophia gets a job offer to be a private nurse for a temporarily crippled man for three months. She doesn't hesitate before accepting. After all, the...
177K 41.8K 70
"If I tell you I am in love with you, how will you react? " he leaned close to me. Hmm... I could faint, jump in excitement, cry, run away, hug him...
54.5K 13.9K 37
"Do you remember your highschool in Nigeria?" I asked. "Nigeria? No, I studied abroad!" "No! You were in Nigeria.Do you remember me?" "You? Am I supp...