Billionaire's hired wife

By popcornwriter1234

"You don't understand little rose bud... This wasn't supposed to happen!!" "What wasn't supposed to happen?"... More

Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors note
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Quickkkkkk authors note!
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Quick Catch up!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note :)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28/ Important Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 26

1.5K 44 4
By popcornwriter1234

Short author's note at the end ;) ALSO ENJOY THE NEW HEADING AHHHHH!! My dear friend made it for me, thank you a million <3 (very light mention of abuse...)
Pronunciation reminders:
Beyer= Bay-er
Nataza= Nuh-tah-ja
Anastasia= An-uh-stay-ja

.......... (beginning)

I never really thought about being married, it wasn't on my agenda for life. My agenda was basically;

graduate

get a good job 

get a doggy 

travel.

poop

eat a mangooo

slide down the staircase on a cookie sheet

become persidant 

oops... PrEsIdEnT.

I never saw it as a necessity and honestly, at the moment all I can think about is 

I could go for some chicken nuggets right now. 

Well, that's what I would be thinking if I wasn't so scared I was going to shert myself out of fear. 

Why do you feel like you are going to shert yourself Nataza you ask?

Well, at the moment I am leaning against my kitchen counter with a cup of tea and Greyson Grey is sitting across from me on the other side of the kitchen island.

And he is staring at me. His dark grey eyes when in contact with mine, staring into my soul, and when they aren't they are burning my skin.

I stare out my large glass window that gives a view of the city in the living room completely avoiding his eyes. 

"I'm so f*cking sorry" I hear a deep, cracky, weak voice say. 

Not expecting it my eyes shoot up and make contact with his deep grey ones and we just stare.

I'm not saying he isn't sexy as h*ll but I don't understand why he's here. "I didn't know what I had before and now it's gone," Grey said.

I was confused again, was he talking about me? "Melanie, she had an accident 3 months ago her boyfriend beat the crap out of her while he was drunk and she called me to pick her up. She was in the hospital for 2 more."

He then takes a small break and continues, "And you, oh god and you. You were there, I had a girl who was perfect. And I f*cking lost her. God I'm such a f*ck up" he said in tears.

I stare at him, I don't even think and realize what my body is doing before I am walking over to his stool and turning him around. I step in between his legs even with the height difference and he puts his arms around my waist. 

He lifts me up and places me on the counter of the island and scoots in and my arms pull him in so his head is on my chest and his arms are wrapped around my waist and I hug him.

I slide my fingers of one of my hands into his dark, soft, locks repeatedly soothingly running my fingers through it while my other arm stays around his neck. 

I whisper in his ear, "Everybody hurts Grey, it's okay to hurt. It shows your human"

I feel his shoulders start to shake and we just stay there. 

Me 

Grey

together. 

And I don't care how long it takes, or what he's done because at the moment it was me and him and we were against the world.

NEXT MORNING:

The night before Grey was tired and stayed with me until 12 AM, being the nice person that I am, let him sleep on my couch. 

This is not me being soft, I am just not... hard? 

You know what I mean...

Anyway, I'm not stoked about him being here, but Beyer sure is. Backstabbing dog. 

I walk into the kitchen-livingroom area in my sweatpants, pulling my hair into a messy bun and opening the blinds. Because my living room is very... window-y, It got bright really fast.

I pour myself a cup of coffee forgetting that Grey was on the couch, hesitating for a moment I make myself a different cup and walk over to the couch and placing the coffee on the table.

I poke Grey continuously until he lets out a sexy groan-

Shut your face Nataza.

He rolls over with his arm over his eyes and takes a deep inhale before moving his arms and makes direct eye contact with me standing above him.

The old man better move his a*s, I've got things to do.

He sits up and says "Thank you Nattie", I nod and walk into the kitchen almost dropping my cup letting what he said sink in.

I hear his deep chuckle fill the room and I just shake my head. I lean on the island and look directly at him. 

"What are you doing here Greyson Grey?" I ask

He runs a hand through his dark wavy hair and looks up at me "I was here for a business meeting and decided to stop by"

I slam my cup onto the countertop "Just stop by?" I said with quotation mark fingers, "How do you know where I live Grey?" I said exasperatedly 

"Shh, it's a secret" He replies laughing.

I roll my eyes and finish my coffee, placing it in the dishwasher I turn around and walk to my room, "Finish your coffee and get out."

I end up changing into a pair of black, long suit bottoms, a loose, black, long sleeve, floral top. I slip on black stilettos and finish the look off with a pearl necklace.

I tie my hair up loosely with a clear banana clip, a few sprits of perfume, and walk out. I take note of the absence of Greyson and sigh. I walk through the house grabbing my MacBook and wallet and toss them inside my purse

I make sure I have my car keys to the Ascent and my chapstick and sigh when I see it's all there. 

I place my packed bag near my scarf, beige wrap trench coat, and my cloves since Mr. Weather decided to be a beeyotch. 

I make sure to fill up Beyer's food and water bowls before looking around once and running to get my ID.

I make my way to the lobby of my apartment complex through the elevator and get to my hunkabunka car. 

That's Nataza language for big.

I slide into the front seat and toss my bag onto the passenger seat and start it up. The song Brother by Needtobreathe is playing on our radio station and I turn it up. 

I hum along as I pull into our parking lot. It's funny, they say that I sometimes can "work at home", yet they are always calling me into the building. 

I mean it's not like I don't like coming into work, but it's just I didn't think I would have to as much as I do. 

I scan my ID, sending a wave to the guards and the front desk workers. I make it to the elevator and got my ear talked off by an older lady who works on the 2nd floor.

Thank goodness she got off on the 2nd floor.

I walk to my office and unlock the glass door, saying hi to people who walk by and them returning it.

I shut the door, turn on the lights, the big light, and my Christmas lights around my window. I sit down and just about pee myself because right in the middle of my small round meeting table is one rose with a letter.

I place my purse down on my desk and drop my car keys in it and walk over. I open the note and just stare.

Beautiful, like a rose, my little rosebud.
-G

You cheesy mother...

I sigh and move the rose to the other side of my desk, don't want people asking questions about it.

Throughout the day, I ate lunch with some coworkers and my good friend Daisy who I had actually known in college but completely lost connection with her because she moved overseas to work for Peace Corps.

Daisy had an ethics class she had to teach to the newbies and I had a conference with my coworkers about behavior within the office. 

Yes, people here are 28 and up essentially, yet we have to have this conversation. 

By the end of the day, meeting after meeting after meeting, then having to deal with someone who felt like it was okay to have grammatical errors within their published article, and then getting a call from Anastasia saying that there was an art exhibit in town that she needed me to go with her too, I couldn't say no but god I wish I did. 

I slip into my car after waving goodbye, locking my doors, cleaning my office, and packing my mac pro, phone, and wallet I drive home.

When I get to my front door another rose is taped to the door with another note. This time reading:

If I run into you again, will you fall in love with me?

-GG

I sigh and roll my eyes, I unlock my door and inspect my house while petting Beyer. I drink some water and hop in the shower to get ready for the exhibit. Before hopping in I check the time it reads 7:23 pm and Anastasia is picking me up at 8.

I quickly finish showering with my citrus body wash and shampoo and dry myself off. Because Anastasia said it was formal wear I slip into matching underwear and a knee-length, tight, and spaghetti strap maroon dress, with a slight dip in the front as a little V neck, but showing very little cleavage.

I smile at how it fits my body but also the thought of looking slutty flashes through my head. I remember though that I will be wearing my long beige wrap coat and shake it off.

I blow dry my hair in light brown waves over my shoulders and back and apply some light makeup and dark red/maroon lipstick.  I smile to myself and slip into some high-heeled maroon stilettos and spray some yummy perfume.

I walk out and Beyer starts wagging his tail, I look at my wristwatch and see it is 7:55 pm. I give Beyer a nice behind-the-ear scratch for a bit and then pet him on the head, refilling his water and giving him dinner. 

I remind him I will take him out and that I WUV him. I walk to the door and slip on my beige wrap coat, a scarf which is in a loose knot around my kneck covering all the cleavage, and put on my black leather gloves. 

I riffle through my purse making sure my phone, wallet, any IDs, chapstick, gum, and car keys are all there.  I smile and open my door and sending Beyer a kiss before I shut it and make sure to lock it tightly. 

I walk out and see Anastasia pull her Honda CRV into a spot right in front of the door, I wave to the doorman and he smiles back.

I hop in the car and we have some random conversations, talking about the day, how our weeks been, and what's happening at the art gallery.

We pull in and the waiting man takes her keys as we get out and drives it around back. The building is huge. We walk in and immediately I am grateful Ana didn't let me leave in my work clothes. 

It literally tasted like wealth.

"Sorry I have to ask, how did you even get tickets into this place?" I ask Ana as a waiter walks by giving us each glasses of champagne.

"Oh, so funny story, a guy who works with me told me he bought these tickets for him and his girlfriend but she wasn't feeling well today, so he stayed home and offered to give them to me" She states. 

I nod, that is a good man right there. 

We walk around the enormous building for something like 30 minutes and aren't even 1/3rd of the way done. Servers walk by offering food but I decline it all, the artwork is... Unspeakable.

It's absolutely gorgeous, they have paintings everywhere even on the ceilings of the hallways, I have always had a fascination with art because it tells a story. 

Sometimes it's a story that people are too frightened to say out loud so they must disguise it as a visual. Sometimes it's a way to make what's going on inside visible to everyone on the outside. 

There was one in particular that stood out, a beautiful pencil sketch of a rose that was wilting, it broke my heart without any words... I blink out of my little world and realize I've been there for like 15 minutes.

We make it about 1/2 way and we see that the time is already 9:57 pm. I tell Ana that I have to head home because I have work tomorrow and she responds the same. 

She drops me at home and I quickly change out of my catfish uniform and change into my sweatpants and T-shirts.  I make a quick sandwich and cuddle up with Beyer on the couch watching more Grey's Anatomy.

I hear a doorbell ring and I stiffen. I walk over to the door and open it, it's a rectangular-shaped thing, draped in paper. I look around and bring it inside.

I set it on the kitchen island and open it up, I almost passed out. There on the island was the beautiful sketch of the wilting rose which I had admired with a note.

I thought of you, except you can't wilt, perfection never wilts.
-GG

I shake my head and grab my laptop, I find out this rare piece of work is worth over 900,000 dollars. I mean it's beautiful but...

I shake my head and lie it against the wall and cover it up, tomorrow I will get to the bottom of this.

Tomorrow. 

...... (Ended).......

ALRIGHT, EVERYONE! SOOOOO

IT'S BEEN A WHILE, HOW ARE YOU? HOW'S YOUR FAMILY? HOW'S SCHOOL? 

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT 

I am so excited to get into writing this some more, I am trying to balance my books out because I have 2 other books in my library in which I feel so passionate about and I am so excited to get those kick-started. 

BUT thank you for tuning in and staying with my boo, I love you all.

I ALSO BE SEEING DAT I GOT ME SOME 41K VIEWS AND 1.5K VOTES?! 

YOU GUYS ARE ALL TOO GOOD FOR ME... REALLY 

PLEASE help me get to 2k votes, I really want to spread this book to other people and get other people into it because everyone deserves a (somewhat) good book to read ;)

So much love and warmth being sent to all of you and your families during this tough time, stay strong, stay fit, stay mentally stable.

STAY HOME
STAY SAFE.

Mask up together. SUPPORT OUR HEALTHCARE WORKERS.

Love you <3

Mads ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 13.1K 32
[Completed] Highest ranking :- 29 boss 35 business 163 boss 128 hot 238 hate 234 marriage Warning : there are many grammatical errors in the novel re...
472K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...
7K 168 24
I want the record to reflect that I didn't want this marriage. My husband is wealthy, which was a relief initially, but he is also friends with some...
306K 8K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...