Saviours [OUAT || Double Swan...

By bethanyjanebooks

We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about t... More

Cast
1 - The Pilot
2 - The Pilot
3 - The Thing You Love Most
4 - The Thing You Love Most
5 - Snow Falls
6 - Snow Falls
7 - The Price of Gold
8 - The Price of Gold
9 - That Still Small Voice
10 - That Still Small Voice
11 - The Shepherd
12 - The Shepherd
13 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
14 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
15 - Desperate Souls
16 - Desperate Souls
17 - True North
18 - True North
19 - 7:15 a.m.
20 - 7:15 a.m.
21 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
22 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
23 - Skin Deep
24 - Skin Deep
25 - What Happened to Frederick?
26 - What Happened to Frederick?
27 - Dreamy
28 - Dreamy
29 - Red Handed
30 - Red Handed
31 - Golden Eyes
32 - Heart of Darkness
33 - Heart of Darkness
35 - Hat Trick
36 - The Stable Boy
37 - The Stable Boy
38 - The Return
39 - The Return
40 - The Stranger
41 - The Stranger
42 - An Apple As Red As Blood
43 - An Apple As Red As Blood
44 - A Land Without Magic
45 - A Land Without Magic
Next Book

34 - Hat Trick

789 31 6
By bethanyjanebooks

The same day, Alana, Emma and Mr Gold entered the station to see Henry reading his book near the entrance.

"Henry. What are you doing here?" Alana asked.

"I came to congratulate you two," Henry said as he walked over to the twins.

"For what?" Alana asked in confusion.

"Your genius plan," Henry said and the twins looked confused.

"And what plan's that, Henry?" Henry didn't respond, "Right," Mr Gold said and walked down the hall, leaving the twins with Henry.

"Sorry. I thought Mr Gold was in on it, now that he's Miss Blanchard's lawyer," Henry said.

"In on what?" Alana asked.

"The escape plan," Henry said.

"The what?" The twins asked.

"Sheriff. Deputy. Could you both join me, please?" Mr Gold called out from the other room.

The twins and Henry walked down the hall into the other room and saw Mary Margaret's cell empty.

"She's gone," Mr Gold said.

Alana looked at the cell, "Henry, what did you do?" Alana asked.

"Nothing. She was gone when I got here," Henry said.

"Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there..." Mr Gold said.

"She's a fugitive. Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed," Emma said.

"We have to find her before someone notices she's missing," Alana said.

"Oh, you mean Regina?" Mr Gold said.

"The arraignment's at eight a.m. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory," Alana said.

"Well, you two have until eight a.m., then," Mr Gold said.

"Uh, what about me? How can I help?" Henry asked.

"Go home," Alana said.

"Alana, if she leaves Storybrooke..." Henry said worriedly.

"Not now, Henry, come on," Alana said as she ushered him towards the exit.

"Miss Swan's, I know that time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return, her future's in jeopardy. And if you're caught helping her, so is yours," Mr Gold said.

"We don't care. We'd rather lose our jobs than our friend," Alana told him and Emma nodded.

At night, Emma drove her and Alana along the roads in the woods in the yellow bug. Both of the twins were distracted, trying to find Mary Margaret. Emma suddenly, moved the car, narrowing missing a man who was on the road.

"What the hell?" Alana asked shocked.

"Nearly hit someone," Emma said, pulled over and they got out of the car.

The twins ran over to him and helped him up, "I'm so sorry!" Emma said.

"Are you okay?" Alana asked.

"I didn't see you there," Emma said.

"I...I think so..." The man said.

"Are you sure?" Alana asked.

"I'm fine. I'm not used to sharing the road with cars so late. You're the Sheriff and Deputy, aren't you?" He said.

"Yeah," The twins said.

"What brings you two out here in the middle of the night?" The man asked.

"Oh, nothing to worry about. We're just looking for a lost dog," Emma said.

"Mhm, yea," Alana said with a nod.

"Well, I hope you two find it," He said.

"Thank you," Emma said and the man started to walk away, visibly limping.

"Oh, you are hurt!" Alana said.

"No, I just twisted my ankle, I think. I live just a mile down the road, I'll make it okay," The man said and turned to leave.

"No, let us drive you. We insist," Emma said.

"Thank you. I'm Jefferson," Jefferson said.

"Emma," Emma said.

"Alana," Alana said.

Flashback

Jefferson ran through the woods and he hid behind a tree to catch his breath.

His daughter, Grace, found him, "Papa, I found you," Grace said.

Jefferson looked at her, "You certainly did. You must be part bloodhound, my dear Grace," Jefferson said.

"Now it's my turn to hide and you seek," Grace said.

"I'm afraid playtime's over. Though, you can still use that nose of your to hunt mushrooms. Enough to sell at market tomorrow. Do you think you can do that?" Grace nodded, "Ready for not, here come," Jefferson said.

Jefferson and Grace made their way back to their house and they saw the Evil Queen's carried parked outside.

"Wait," Jefferson said as they stopped walking.

"Whose carriage is that?" Grace asked.

"The Queen's," Jefferson said.

"In our house? Do you know her?" Grace asked.

"Of course not," He crouched down, "Now, listen carefully. Hey. I want you to say hidden in the woods. Like our game. I'm going to find out what she's doing here," Jefferson said.

Grace nodded and ran off into the woods and Jefferson walked into the house where the Evil Queen was waiting for him.

The Evil Queen looked at him, "I'd like to say you're looking well, Jefferson, but I'd be lying. Poverty doesn't suit you," The Evil Queen said.

"What are you doing here, Regina?" Jefferson asked.

"I have a job for you," The Evil Queen said.

"I don't do that anymore," Jefferson said.

"Yes, I heard you hung up your hat. Why? Is it because of your sweet daughter Grace?" The Evil Queen asked.

"Because of my work, she lost her mother. I don't want her to lose her father, too," Jefferson said.

"So, now you're foraging for fungus. What kind of future does your daughter have here with you? Do this one last favour for me, and you can give her the life she deserves," The Evil Queen said.

"That's why I'm staying. You don't abandon family. That's... What she deserves. Now, please leave," Jefferson said.

"All I need if your special skills to get me somewhere. Somewhere you've been before. Do it, and I can change your life," The Evil Queen said and handed him a piece of paper.

"What business could you possibly have there?" Jefferson asked as he looked over the piece of paper.

"Something of mine was taken and found its way over there. I want it back," The Evil Queen said.

Jefferson handed her back the paper, "Then find someone else to get it," Jefferson said.

I see. Hard living has strengthened your resolve. Well, I'm sorry I couldn't convince you, but I understand. There's nothing more important than family," The Evil Queen said.

End of Flashback

Emma pulled up at a large house, Jefferson and Emma got out of the car and Jefferson pushed the seat forward and Alana climbed out of the car.

"Wow, this is your house? It looks more like a hotel!" Alana said in shock.

"You must have a huge family," Emma said.

"Nope, it's just me," Jefferson said and headed up the stairs to the house, still limping.

"Here. Wait," Alana said and walked up to him.

Emma turned off the car, "We'll help you," Emma said and walked up to him.

The twins helped Jefferson up the stairs to the house.

The twins were inside the house, in the sitting room waiting for Jefferson who soon walked in with a tea tray.

"Here we go," He set the tray on the table, "Thought you might want to warm up for your search. It's cold out there," Jefferson said.

"Thank you, that is kind of you, but I think we should get back to it," Alana said as the twins picked up a cup of tea each.

"I know. That's why I brought this," Jefferson picked up a map and unrolled it on a table, as the twins walked to him, "I'm a bit of an amateur cartographer. Mapping the area is a hobby. Maybe this will help you track down your dog," Jefferson said.

Alana and Emma looked over the map, "Wow," The twins said.

"What's his name?" Jefferson asked.

"Spot," The twins said as they looked at him.

Jefferson smiled at them, "Cute," He said.

Alana and Emma turned back to the map and Emma sipped her tea, "Well, route 6 runs the boundary of the forest, so..." Alana sipped her tea, "So if we just follow that we should... Be able to..." Alana said as she started to feel dizzy.

"Is something wrong?" Jefferson asked.

"I'm just, uh... Feeling a little..." Alana said and stumbled backwards as Jefferson caught her and Emma fell to the fall unconscious.

"Let me help you," Jefferson said as he dragged Alana to the couch.

"Dizzy..." Alana said drowsily.

"Let's just lie you down here," He laid her on the couch, "There you go," He dragged Emma over to the other couch and laid her on the other on, "Let me get you some air," Jefferson said and walked away from them.

"Your limp..." Alana said drowsily.

"Oh, that," He looked back at her, "I guess you caught me," Jefferson said.

Alana dropped the cup, "Who are you?" Alana asked before she passed out on the couch.

Flashback

Jefferson and Grace were at an outdoor market, stood by a stall when a woman in a cloak walked up to them.

"Delphinia, thank you for coming," Jefferson said quietly.

"Of course, what's the matter?" Delphinia asked.

Jefferson stepped closer and leaned to her ear, "The Queen, she wants me to do a job for her," Jefferson whispered as Grace watched them.

"Tell me more," Delphinia said and she brushed her fingers through Grace's hair, smiling at her.

"The usual, to that place," Jefferson whispered.

Delphinia looked at him, "What did you tell her?" Delphinia asked.

"I said no," Jefferson said as he looked at her.

"Good," Delphinia said.

"What was taken from her?" Jefferson asked quietly.

"I don't know and I don't care," Delphinia said.

"Of course you don't," Jefferson said and chuckled softly.

"Yeah... Whatever she wants, don't do it no matter what she promises you, okay? She'll go back on them," Delphinia said.

"I know..." Jefferson said.

"If you know you didn't have to contact me then did you?" Delphinia asked with a smile.

"Sorry..." Jefferson said.

"Don't worry about it, just focus on Grace, that's all that matters, okay?" Jefferson nodded, "You know where I am if she comes back and I'll sort it," Delphinia said and walked off.

Grace held her father's hand and saw a toy cart, "The toy cart!" Grace said and they walked over to it.

"Come," The old woman behind the stall said.

Grace picked up a stuffed rabbit, "Wouldn't this make the perfect guest for our tea parties, Papa?" She looked up at Jefferson, "Can I have him? Please?" Grace asked.

Jefferson looked at the old woman, "Excuse me, but how must for the rabbit?" Jefferson asked.

"That costs one silver," The old woman said.

Jefferson counted the coins in his hand, "Would you take it for eight coppers? It's all I have," Jefferson said.

"Ooh, you are good father. Your last coppers for your little girl's happiness, ah?" The old woman said.

"Thank you," Jefferson said and went to hand over the money.

"Oh, I did not say I accept. Alas, I cannot take less than one silver. The economy," The old woman took the rabbit from Grace, "You understand," She said.

Grace looked at Jefferson, "It's okay, Papa. Come on. People are waiting," Grace said.

"I will not take no for an answer," Jefferson said to the old woman.

"Papa, please. I don't need it," Grace said.

Jefferson looked at his daughter and sighed softly, "Come on sweetie," He said and they walked off.

The old woman walked around to the back of her cart and stood in front of a large mirror, the mirror turned blue, "Well, that was awfully cruel. You could've at least let the girl have her toy," Magic said.

"Where's the fun in that?" The old woman said and her face changed to the Evil Queen briefly, "Hmm?" She smiled.

End of Flashback

Alana and Emma was tape around their wrists, arms were behind their back, ankled taped together and a scarf gagging up, both of them were still on the couches in Jefferson's house. Alana woke up, looked around to see that Jefferson was nowhere to be seen but Emma was still knocked out. 

Alana noticed her teacup on the floor, she nudged a cushion onto the floor with her head, used her feet to cover the teacup, she stomped on the cushion, breaking the teacup. Alana got onto the ground, moved the cushion away, she grabbed a shard of the broken teacup and cut through the tape on her wrists then unwrapped tape on her ankles.

She pulled the scarf from her mouth and grabbed another shard of the teacup and sit Emma's bounds on her ankle.

"Shh," Alana said as she noticed Emma waking up.

"Mmm?" Emma said muffled.

"Up," Alana whispered and Emma sat up then Alana cut the tape on her wrists and untied the scarf from Emma.

"Where is he?" Emma whispered.

"No idea, just woke up," Alana whispered and they stood up.

The twins walked over to the window and tried to open them, but they were locked. They saw a telescope, Alana looked through it to see that the telescope was pointed at the Sheriff's station.

"Em..." Alana whispered as she stepped back from the telescope and Emma stepped to it, looking through it.

"Is he spying on-," Emma began to whisper and they heard a noise, they turned to the door.

The twins walked over to the door, opening the door quietly and walked to the opposite door where the noise from coming from. Alana quietly opened the door enough for the twins to peek in and saw Jefferson sharpening a pair of scissors.

Flashback

At Jefferson's and Grace's home, Jefferson was putting the finish touches on a stuffed rabbit. He walked over to Grace who was having a tea party, he crouched down presenting the rabbit to her.

"I know it's not the same as what you wanted," Jefferson said as he sat down.

Grace took the rabbit and looked at it, "I love it, Papa. Thank you," She playfully poured herself imaginary tea and took an imaginary sip, "Mmm. This is really good. Don't you think so, Mr Tortoise? Papa, do you like your tea?" Grace said.

"Grace..." He looked at her, "I want you to go to the neighbours' for the rest of the day. There's work I have to do," Jefferson said.

Grace looked at him, "Can't I come with you? I like being with you in the forest," Grace said.

"I'm not going to the forest, sweetie," Jefferson said.

"This has to do with the Queen's visit and why you contacted Delphinia, doesn't it? I know that's what you two were talking about, I'm not a baby anymore, Papa. Whatever the Queen wants you to do, don't do it!" Grace said.

"Grace, I have to. I want you to have what you need," Jefferson said.

"All I need is you, Papa. Please stay," Grace begged.

Jefferson picked her up, "Come here. I know. I'm sorry, baby," They hugged each other tightly, "I have to go," Jefferson said.

"Can... Can I be with Delphinia instead?" Grace asked.

"I'll ask her," Jefferson said.

"Papa, promise me you'll come back. You have to promise," Grace said.

"Of course," Jefferson said.

"For our tea party. Promise?" Grace said.

"I promise. I won't miss it for the world," Jefferson said and put her down, he walked over to a box, opened it and brought out a shell, "Delphinia, I need you here, now," Jefferson spoke into it.

Grace held her rabbit as she watched him and black smoke entered through the window, Delphinia stepped out of the smoke, "What happened?" Delphinia asked.

"Can you watch Grace for me?" Jefferson asked her cautiously.

"What? Do not tell me you're ignoring what I told you a few hours ago," Delphinia said.

"Please, Delphinia, I won't normally ask this from you, but please... Please just watch her," Jefferson said.

"Okay," Delphinia walked to Grace and took hold of her hand, she looked at Jefferson, "Make sure you come home, okay?" Delphinia said.

"Yeah," Jefferson said and he held Delphinia's hand, "Thank you."

"It's okay," Delphinia squeezed his hand and walked out of the house with Grace, "Let's go, sweetie," Delphinia said.

Jefferson watched them leave and closed the door behind them. He walked over to a trunk, unlocked it and removed a hatbox and sat it in the middle of the room.

End of Flashback

Alana and Emma watched quietly as Jefferson was sharpening the pair of scissors in his hand. Alana closed the door quietly and stepped back to Emma then they grabbed each other's hand. The twins quietly moved down the hallway, the floorboard creaked under their weight. 

Inside the room they peeked in, Jefferson turned his head to the door. 

Back in the hallway, the twins quickly opened a door and slipped into a room, when they saw Mary Margaret tied to a chair and gagged in the room.

"Help me," Mary Margaret said muffled.

"What is going on?" Emma whispered as they walked over to her and Alana pulled the gag from Mary Margaret's mouth.

"Emma, Alana, thank God," Mary Margaret said.

"What are you doing here?" Alana asked.

"I was int he woods, trying to get away. This man appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me. Why are you here?" Mary Margaret asked.

"We've been trying to find you. You escaped, remember? How did you get out?" Alana asked her as the twins worked on freeing her from her binds.

"There was a key... In my cell, under my pillow. Someone put it there," Mary Margaret said.

"Who?" The twins asked.

"I don't know. I'd like to know just as much as you two," Mary Margaret said.

Once Mary Margaret was free, the three of them quietly headed towards the door, Alana checked the hall and saw that is was clear. They walked down the hallway but stopped when they heard the sound of a gun cocking. 

The three women turned to see Jefferson behind them, "I see you found Spot!" Jefferson said with a smile.

"I've already called for backup, they'll be here any second," Alana said.

"You haven't called anybody... for the same reason you didn't tell me about her," He gestured to Mary Margaret, "You two don't want anybody to know you're both here, which means nobody does. So now tie her back up or your big sister, will have a bullet in her skull," Jefferson said as he aimed the gun at Emma.

Alana's eyes widen and she looked at Mary Margaret, "I'm sorry," Alana said.

Jefferson opened a door and Alana took Mary Margaret's arm and they walked into the room. Alana tied Mary Margaret back up in the chairs and replaced the gag around her mouth.

"Alana..." Mary Margaret says.

"It's gonna be okay," Alana said and put the gag in her mouth, she stood up and turned to Jefferson, "Your telescope, you've been watching Em and I, why?" Alana asked.

"I need you both to do something," Jefferson said, took her by her arm and led her out of the room, Emma followed Alana out and Jefferson walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Flashback

In the Dark Palace, Jefferson walked into a room where the Evil Queen was waiting for him, he was carrying the hatbox.

"Jefferson. So good to see you looking more like yourself. I assume you're here because you've reconsidered my offer?" The Evil Queen said as she looked at him.

"I want your guarantee that if I do what you ask, my daughter will want for nothing," Jefferson said.

"You have my word. Now, let's open that box of yours and see what it can do," Jefferson opened the box and took out the top hat, "I do so like a man who dresses for the occasion," The Evil Queen commented.

Jefferson carefully placed the hat on the ground and spun up, "Step back," Jefferson said.

The two of them stepped back and the hat continued to spin, drawing black clouds into a vortex, that rose into the air and opened a portal, "After you," Jefferson said.

The Evil Queen offered him her hand, "Together," She said.

Jefferson took her hand, "Hold on!" Jefferson said and they jumped into the portal.

Meanwhile, at the Dark Castle, Delphinia and Grace walked into the castle and Rumpelstiltskin walked towards them.

"What's going on?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

Delphinia crouched down to Grace, "Remember where my room is?" Grace nodded, "Go on, I'll be right up to play, okay?" Delphinia said.

"Okay, Delphinia," Grace said and ran past Rumpelstiltskin and up the stairs.

"I'm not asking again," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Jefferson asked me to look after her while he's doing a job," Delphinia said.

"What job?" Rumpelstiltskin asked.

"Something for Regina, who do you think?" Delphinia said as she walked past him, heading upstairs.

"Delphinia!" Delphinia turned to him as he looked at her, "She can't stay for long but she can stay awhile," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"I know," Delphinia said and walk up the stairs.

End of Flashback

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 5.1K 27
It's been about two years since Emma Swan broke the Evil Queen's Dark Curse. Everyone in Storybrooke has been transported back to the Enchanted Fores...
106K 5K 43
Set after 3x11 Going Home, after Pan's curse hits. This fic ignores ANYTHING that comes after this episode. What if everyone hadn't met Zelena in th...
45.7K 2.1K 46
The group travels to Neverland to save Henry, who has been taken there, under Pan's orders. Athena's whereabouts are still unknown to everyone, but C...
149K 3.9K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...