Always • Charlie Weasley

Av mscmasr3

Malak Aboul Gheit is no stranger to suffering. To death. But she is neither a stranger to love. The path of t... Mer

CAST
PROLOGUE 0 - ٠
PART 1 - ١ | BEGINNINGS
1:١ | the incident
2:٢ | the perfect gift
3:٣ | el beit beitak
4:٤ | the Egyptian felon
5:٥ | a good start
6:٦ | the forest
7:٧ | thoth
8:٨ | the hatch
9:٩ | the lecture
PART 2 - ٢ | CHANGES
1:١ | those blue eyes
2:٢ | bunny
3:٣ | the dog star
4:٤ | moony
5:٥ | sweet sixteen
6:٦ | mischief managed
7:٧ | prongs
8:٨ | season's greetings
10:١٠ | realizations
11:١١ | crookshanks
12:١٢ | padfoot
13:١٣ | wormtail
14:١٤ | dreams of freedom
15:١٥ | buckbeak
PART 3 - ٣ | DARKNESS
1:١ | rania
2:٢ | that Egyptian summer
3:٣ | the burrow
4:٤ | that English summer
5:٥ | student WISA
6:٦ | everything
7:٧ | ton-tongue toffee
8:٨ | quidditch talks
9:٩ | quidditch camp
10:١٠ | quidditch cup
11:١١ | the mark
12:١٢ | him
13:١٣ | runes
14:١٤ | the picture
15:١٥ | lucky bastards
16:١٦ | the tournament
17:١٧ | mad-eye moody
18:١٨ | the goblet of fire
19:١٩ | the champions
20:٢٠ | wand weighting
21:٢١ | the first task
22:٢٢ | sárkánybűvölő
23:٢٣ | we
24: ٢٤ | idiotic
25:٢٥ | amendments
26:٢٦ | preparations
27:٢٧ | the Yule Ball
28:٢٨ | the pre-Yule Ball

9:٩ | dragons

1.6K 69 20
Av mscmasr3

"Malak."

The Egyptian witch heard her name being called. She was half asleep — in a very slumberous state from which she did not want to wake up.

Malak was comfortably wrapped inside the bed covers and she could faintly feel just how cold the outside world was from the tip of her nose. She did not want to experience it.

She closed her eyes tightly and curled herself into a ball. She was not going to let the warmth scape.

"Malak."

This time the owner of the voice gently grabbed her shoulders and shook her slightly.

"La2 mesh adra (no, I don't want)" she muttered, adjusting the blankets once more and giving her back to whoever was trying to wake her up.

"Come on, bunny, time to wake up" Charlie Weasley whispered in her ear.

She turned her head, eyes still closed. As she began to open them slightly, she pouted "five more minutes?"

"No, come on, Malak, it's Christmas morning! We have to open the presents!"

Charlie Weasley was extremely excited. "It's part of your Christmas training, come on!"

Malak smiled to herself, closing her eyes gain. He is so cute.

Suddenly, she was detached from the bed and hoisted over Charlie Weasley's shoulder.

"CHARLES WEASLEY PUT ME DOWN!"

"Not happening bunny" he announced nonchalantly as she carried the Egyptian witch to the living room.

Everybody was already awake, much to Malak's embarrassment. They were all scattered around the floor, waiting to open their gifts.

"Lesson 1 Mals," Tonks started "you wake up EARLY on Christmas Day."

"Sorry! I wasn't informed!" she excused herself, "I blame Charles."

"Me?" he faked and offended tone. "I am innocent."

"Sure, an Angel" Malak retorted sarcastically.

Charlie looked at her, sly smile forming in his lips, as he grabbed a pillow and quickly threw it her way.

Malak was quick to grab it, and as soon as she got ahold of it, apparated behind the dragon tamer to hit him with it.

"Not a change, Weasley."

"Since when do have an apparition license?" Bill asked, quite surprised.

"Why does everything require a license?" an annoyed Malak groaned. "Of course I don't have an apparition license, why would I need one?"

"To apparate, dummy" Bill retorted.

"And to own crups, to produce floo powder — I didn't even know you could buy that!" the Egyptian witch had had her encounters with the Ministry of Magic a number of times regarding licenses.

"Even to be an animagus! It's annoying!"

"You are not an animagus."

"Not a registered one, definitely no."

"Malak you are going to get in trouble" Bill reprimanded her.

"Nah, Bill she will be fine" Charlie ensured. "She is the Egyptian Felon after all."

They looked at each other, both of them remembering the events of October 31st. Malak bursted into a loud laugh.

"Honestly you two are the cutest couple on Earth" Claire chipped in, making both Malak and Charlie blush, timidly exchanging looks.

"Now cut the crap and let's open the presents."

Once they were done, the group made its way to the sanctuary's canteen, where they were supposed to meet other dragon tamers for breakfast, just before going dragon sighting.

To say Malak was excited was a complete understatement. Dragons.

She entered the wooden cabin proudly wearing the signature Weasley sweater, adorned with letter M, and far too big for her. There, they were greeted by two other dragon tamers.

"Malak, these are my friends and fellow dragon tamers Stefan and Dan" Charlie introduced the Egyptian witch, "guys this is Malak."

"We've heard a lot ab-..." Dan started, but didn't finish, as yet another dragon tamer entered the cozy wooden cabin.

The group turned to look at the newcomer. He was older, senior than Charlie and his friends. It was clear that the other dragon tamers respected him enormously.

Malak smiled widely, recognizing the man immediately.

"Malak Aboul Gheit" he stated, returning the smile to the Egyptian witch. "Bine ati venit! Te asteptam! Ai văzut deja dragonii? (Welcome! I was expecting you. Did you see the dragons already?)"

Charlie gestured for his friend Dan to translate.

"He is s-" the Romanian dragon tamers started.

"O plăcere să vă revăd, domnule Balan (A pleasure to see you again, Mr. Balan)" Malak spoke in perfect Romanian, much to the surprise of the group.

"You don't seriously speak Romanian" Charlie muttered, genuinely surprised about Malak's fluency in the language.

She just pursed her lips together and smiled gently at the dragon tamer, slightly nodding her head to confirm his suspicions.

"Sunt foarte fericit că sunt în România (I am very happy to be in Romania)" she spoke again, addressing the senior dragon tamer "urma să ne plimbăm să vedem dragonii imediat după micul dejun! Ne-ai alătura? (we were going to walk around to see the dragons right after breakfast! Would you join us?)"

"Oh, și Crăciun fericit, domnule (and merry Christmas, sir)" she added, remembering the date and the reason of her trip to Romania.

The man laughed.

"I would love to join you, dear, if your friends don't mind" he spoke in English with a strong accent.

The three dragon tamers exchanged excited looks. Marcu Balan did not usually engage in this sort of activities, specially with random strangers, so this was the opportunity of a life time for them and for Charlie's friends alike.

She is something else entirely.

"It would be our pleasure, sir" Charlie managed to say.

"Norberta!! Habibet 2albet mama! (Norberta! The love of mama's heart)" Malak couldn't contain the happy tears. "Wa7ashteeni (I've missed you)."

The Egyptian witch ran towards the Norwegian Ridgeback in front of her, despite the warnings of the dragon tamers, who worried about her safety.

Malak didn't seem to hear or care about it, as she closed the distance between here and the dragon.

Norberta did not recognize her at first. She roared furiously as she saw an unfamiliar human approaching her, flapping her wings ready to take off to attack the trespasser from above.

It's me, Norberta.

Suddenly the dragon came to a halt, immediately recognizing the girl that had taken care of her right after birth. The dragon's legs slowly returned to the earth, as she lowered her long neck to bring her eyes close to the Egyptian witch, jade locking with the fierce orange of the magical beast. Malak smiled widely, reaching her hand out to pet Norberta's snout.

"No, Malak, you shouldn't-" Charlie tried to prevent her against touching the dragon.

But it was futile; the warning came too late and Malak was never going to stop her action, nor would she have second guessed it, even if Charlie Weasley would have warned her on time.

As the soft and pale skin made contact with the sharp green scales, Charlie Weasley's world stopped spinning momentarily. He could only hear the melodic laugh of the Egyptian witch playing with the dragon as if it was second nature to her; he could only see her delicate gestures, dancing around the animal before her gracefully.

Nudged by his own brother, Charlie released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"It's rude to stare, brother" the curse breaker chuckled lightly.

"I have a problem, Bill" he just stated.

"Which is?"

He couldn't continue, as the dragon's flames suddenly wrapped around Malak's body, causing everybody to gasp. Soon enough however, the Egyptian witch magically manipulated those flames, creating a sort of fireball around her, which allowed her to contemplate the crackling fire from within, reflecting intensely in her green irises.

"That."

Bill Weasley knew his brother perfectly well. During his Hogwarts years, Charlie Weasley had surely fooled around, but he never felt the urge to be in a serious relationship. He didn't want the commitment that came with it, that could have easily shattered his Quidditch and draconology dreams. So it was an idea that he had been pushing away for so long.

He now found himself in a completely new position. Malak Aboul Gheit intrigued him. Her personality marveled him; she was not only an excellent, powerful witch, but also a very kind a loving person. She cared so deeply about others, and she was so good around animals. Charlie Weasley could not get enough of Malak Aboul Gheit.

He cared so deeply for her. He wanted to get to know everything about her; even better than she herself would.

Is this right?

At that particular moment —not one second before, nor one after— his eyes met hers. And at that particular instant, he knew. He was lost in her jade eyes, hypnotized by that color, mesmerized by every gesture. By her smile.

I would do anything to see her smile like this every day.

The question of whether he could actually do it was the problem that remained unanswered for Charlie Weasley on that Christmas morning.

"It's been a great day, guys!" Malak beamed.

The group of friends had spent the day around the dragon sanctuary, admiring the different species and breeds of dragons that inhabited the place. Malak had enjoyed every minute around the magical beasts, satisfying a life-long dream.

The day however, was coming to an end and Malak felt it as the clock ticked. It was time to leave. So she started the maneuver.

Those words by the Egyptian snapped Charlie out of his trance. The sudden realization of her leaving hitting him hard.

"You are not leaving just yet, Malak."

"But I have to, Charlie" she explained, "I still have so many things to do in Egypt before the term starts."

"But tomorrow is Boxing Day," the second oldest Weasley pouted.

"What?" she frowned, "I've never heard of such thing..."

"I swear is real! Ask the others!"

"I believe you, Charlie! But I seriously need to leave... I have to run too many errands" she trailed off.

Malak did have a lot of errands to run. But she was so very tempted to give in and just stay one more night for the so-called Boxing Day. But you will feel guilty later, Malak.

Bill Weasley could sense just how conflicted the Egyptian witch was, so he decided to intervene.

"I'm leaving as well, Malak" the curse breaker stated. "We can side-apparate together since someone doesn't have a license and another someone is terribly bad at it."

Malak quickly glanced at Charlie, almost asking for his approval.

The dragon tamer closed the distance between the two and engulfed Malak in a tight hug, which was immediately corresponded by the Egyptian, interlacing her arms around his waist.

As her flushed cheeks pressed gently against Charlie's chest, she closed her eyes and for a second, she let herself go, completely entranced by his warmth and his scent.

Quickly regaining her composure, she opened her eyes and looked up, meeting Charlie's blue eyes. She tried to speak, but her voice failed her. Malak was unable to utter one world.

"This never gets easier, eh?" he spoke, their foreheads now touching.

"Unless we are escaping a castle full of dementors," she whispered, almost inaudible. "In that case we do just fine."

Both of them chuckled slightly.

They were mesmerized by each other's stare, and neither of them noticed Mark conjuring a small plant just above their heads.

"Malak" Mark spoke, breaking the spell between the couple, suddenly detached form one another.

"This is another Christmas tradition" he added, pointing to the ceiling "mistletoe."

"What the fuck, mate!?" Charlie Weasley's tone oozed anger.

It must be some kind of joke Malak thought. But for some reason she was suddenly very aware of her surroundings.

"Oh, I wouldn't know" she laughed nervously, very taken aback by Charlie's angry reaction. "Mmm we don't celebrate Christmas in Egypt after all."

She sent Bill Weasley a questioning look. "Are you ready to go?"

The curse breaker extended his hand to her.

"Well, goodbye everyone. It was nice to meet you. And Merry Christmas!"

And with that, the two Cairene residents abandoned Romania, where a heated conversation started the instant they apparated out.

I have zero knowledge of Romanian, just thought it would be cool for Malak to speak it. All you've read is pure Google translation, but if anyone reading speaks it, please point out any mistakes.
Thank you for taking the time to read!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

209K 8.6K 27
Daughter of the legendary Grindelwald, Rhiannon has attended Durmstrang Institute for three years. But now year four rolls around and with it, the Tr...
4 0 18
After losing her parents in a house fire, Charlotte - Charlie - Green is sent to the only wizarding school willing to accept her as a student over 11...
6K 91 24
Y//N transfers to Hogwarts from Ilvermorny after 11 years to find more about her family. She arrives thinking everything is going to go well but she...
304K 7.1K 29
they said potions were just not her thing, but alexandrina reddins seemed to do the impossible. becoming friends with cedric diggory after he left he...