Her Beautiful Innocence

Galing kay iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... Higit pa

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ

10.5K 250 23
Galing kay iguessiwritebooksnow

Sophia's POV

It's Wednesday. Almost Thursday. Know what happens then?

My birthday! Except this year I won't be able to celebrate it, and because of that, I don't even want to party with my parents. I just want it to be over.

I did my whole morning routine and chose this as my final outfit of the day. A black, shoulder-strap crop with a black and white plaid skirt. I felt cute today. (Her outfit >)

Again, in this town it really didn't get that cold, plus it wasn't even winter or autumn yet. Fortunately, the sun shone a bit brighter than yesterday. But I forgot to check the forecast for noon and after. 

-

I got at school and plucked out my earphones, continuing to hum the song that played before. Don't know why, but I was in a good mood that day. I failed to recall Josephine's death, and I felt awful later on.

"Hey, Natalie," I saluted her when I sat down in my seat next to her. She lifted her head up from the desk and her face softened when she saw me. 

She smiled, laying her head back down on her crossed arms. I beamed at her and put my books for English on the desk in front of me, waiting for Mr. Sandberg to walk in. 

Just then, he strode in the room with the same sorrowful expression on his face as the previous lesson. When he set everything ready and silenced the class, he began to say that if anyone needed to talk to someone about the passing away of Josephine, the guidance counselor has free hours before and after school. 

Although I think it's very accommodating, wouldn't it be preferable for most students to talk to a friend? I mean, wouldn't you feel like you could be more open and comfortable with someone you know personally? But I guess it's better, they know what they're doing.

The rest of the lesson wasn't all too boring, though it wasn't exciting either. He dismissed us and we all left the room, me going to my history class. I leaned back against my chair, pretty much slumping down. I doodled with a pencil on the desk, not really paying attention. 

Another student walked through the door, not hearing the teacher's voice, so I didn't mind checking. I heard the slight screeching of a chair sliding against the floor and I looked up. My gaze met his. 

I straightened my back instantly and cleared my throat, hoping he didn't see how dispassionately I was acting. A blush rushed to my cheeks and I unintentionally crossed his eye-sight again. Those dark green eyes even darker and more baffling than usual.

There was an emotion in them. I couldn't quite separate it, though it seemed as if he were longing for something - or someone.

After a second, he looked away and observed the small designs I made on my desk. He tilted his head ever so slightly to the right, viewing them in his mind and searching a meaning behind them. 

I shifted my eyes from him downwards, seeing the eye I drew. One with long eyelashes, it was shaped as if the person was happy, smiling. I analyzed Grayson's expression again and witnessed something I thought I'd never see.   

A smile. It wasn't a big one, not even near big, but it still was one. Even if it was just the corner of his mouth, I savored the moment and took a photo of him with my mind. It wasn't a smirk, sneer or scowl, but a genuine smile. 

When he saw me staring at him, he ran his hand through his brown, soft-looking hair and sat down disinterestedly. He closed his eyes and rested against the back of the chair, how I was settled before he came in. 

Before he'd open them again and catch me drooling over him, I quickly turned my head, instead staring at the little drawing I made. An unintended smile overtaking my facial features and an unknown feeling passing through my abdomen. A fulfilled sensation. As if I was joyful because I put a smile on his face, even if it were just for a millisecond. 

With everything that has been going on, he did appear more grave than he already did. Which shouldn't be like that, everybody needs to laugh a few times a day at least.

Another person entered the room, and this time I did look up. Ms. Hamynton reached her bureau and immediately began the lesson after she indicated for us to open our books at the page where we left off.  

-

These 50 minutes of Ms. Hamynton blabbering on about stuff I didn't even catch up on didn't pass by all too quickly. I noted everything down that was written on the board without even realising what I was writing. It was as if everywhere he was, I could feel him. His presence, it was distracting and kept me from concentrating on the teacher. 

I packed everything up and left the room, him still in his seat, doing it on his own tempo. I put some stuff in my locker and shivered when a breeze of cold air brushed passed me. I turned around and saw the double doors open. 

Oh no, did I forget my jumper at home? Yes, yes I did. I clasped my arms close to my chest, my hands wrapping around my torso. I didn't think it'd be cold today, I mean the sun is shining. 

"Hey, Sophia," I heard a voice call out. It was a masculine voice, a lively tone to it. Kyle jogged up to me and smiled as a greeting. The sudden energy he threw at me made me raise my brows a bit and laugh. He was being way more dynamic than the boys behind him, all walking toward me as well in a slower pace. 

I made eye contact with Anderson, who didn't show much emotion, but his face somewhat softened as he observed me. Next was Jacob, he was smirking in Grayson's way.

"You headin' outside?" Kyle asked me as he saw my body facing the open double doors that let you exit the school building. 

I nodded. He studied me over and sent me a look that literally spelled out 'are you serious?' 

"You'll freeze if you go outside like that," commented Jacob, and Grayson instantly glanced over. He, for the first time I saw it, looked at my outfit. He sent Jacob a silent but deadly glare, Jacob's sneer grew.  

Kyle cleared his throat softly, unexpectedly being nervous and sympathetic. "You can lent my jacket?" he recommend, putting his fingers around one sleeve as if to pull it off, but stopped and stared at me, waiting for my reply. 

"Oh, thank you, but you don't have to," I said, declining his offer. I didn't want him to be cold rather than me. 

"You sure? You're already shivering and we're inside." I couldn't suppress the quiver that let my whole body vibrate for a short moment. 

"Don't worry, I don't get chilly that easily," I insisted. I don't know why, but I shifted my gaze to Grayson, wanting to see his reaction to this. His jaw was ticking and his hands in his pockets. He shook his head, a knowing expression playing on his face.

He finally met my eyes and pulled off his jacket instead. He made it look like he did it reluctantly but also rather wanting me to wear his jacket than Kyle's, which didn't make any sense, right? 

I eyed the material in his hand dubiously, was he giving me this? Was Grayson Carter giving me his jacket? Before he'd pull back his hand, I timidly took it from his grip and held it in both my hands. 

I didn't know what to do with it, so I snuck a peek at Grayson. He was still looking at me with that signature hard stare of his. Although, just like Anderson, his whole body became less tense and he blinked, scanning my face with a questioning tinge in his features.   

As if he were deep in thought, his stare went from my blue eyes to my pink, flushed cheeks. Then he regarded my lips piercingly, though still with a hint of sadness in them.

Sadness? Why would he be sad? I shook my head internally. Josephine, of course! 

But something inside me told me different. It wasn't the same emotion he wore when she died, it was divergent. He looked at me as if he knew me, personally. A yearning begging in his eyes, like he was pleading to see that person again. It kind of broke my heart to look at him this way.

"Thank you," I said, it involuntarily coming out as a tender whisper. He broke out of his trance and came to reality again, searching my eyes. It would become too awkward and silent, so I smiled clumsily at him. 

When I felt someone else's penetrating eyes boring two holes into the side of my head, I turned my neck, coming to face with Anderson. His face was now concentrated and all affability had vanished. 

When Grayson fixated Anderson's gaze, it appeared as if a powerful connection between the two existed. I only witnessed it, but I was certain they felt it. Did they just do some telepathic magic with each other? Oh my God, am I even hearing myself right now? I really am turning crazy...

While the two were regarding me with piercing stares, Jacob didn't even notice what was going on, his mind was somewhere else. Kyle, on the other hand, did behold the little exchange they had, but he avoided my eyes.

I shuffled on my feet and that made them both turn to me again. I didn't know what else to say or do, so I just did what I do best; apologise and thank people. "Uh... sorry, I need to go now," I mumbled, hardly perceptible. "But thank you...for the jacket."

I didn't wait to see their reactions and just marched right away through the double doors. When I put my first foot down on the stone, hard ground, I inhaled deeply, the fresh air entering my lungs. I temporarily shut my eyes and thought about what had just played out before me.

Nothing. That's what happened, nothing. I guess boys this age really are strange, maybe it's puberty, I chuckled to myself and shook my head. 

I let out a long breath, pulled on the his black, leather jacket, and I only then noticed that his last name was imprinted on the back. I was actually wearing Carter's jacket. I smiled almost triumphantly and started walking toward the bleachers, where I saw Evie and Bella sit. 

I wonder how they'd proceed...

A/N: This is a filler chapter, sorry!

Please VOTE if you liked this and thank you for almost 550.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

159K 5.2K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
13.5K 452 51
Completed!! Carter Mason has a very dark secret that involves late nights, tight clothes and a vindictive mother. She knows things will end terribly...
2.3K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
931K 7.6K 8
Book 1 of The Bully Series: Shy bookworm Sophia Gideon wished she had a boyfriend like in her books. But her wish backfired when she caught the inter...