Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

Galing kay WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... Higit pa

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss

8.2K 303 117
Galing kay WinterWolf-99

Harry slowly opened his eyes as he groaned, the magical alarm that Sirus set up for him going off. Waking up the morning of his hearing was probably one of the most stressful mornings of his entire life. He wanted nothing more than to pull the covers back over his head and go back to sleep. But he knew that he couldn't.

Krinos and Olivia were basically godsends to him the last few days. 

Krinos was like a breath of fresh air and not even just because of his powers over nature. He had this calming nature about him that made it easier to focus on the law books that they were looking through. And they really needed to know these things in order to keep Fudge and his lackeys from ambushing Harry with expelling even through illegal means thinking that he would not know that it was illegal in the first place.

Olivia also had also been a big help. She was not just knowledgeable about the law, but she could be considered a law prodigy. She was able to learn really quickly even when it was the laws of a different country than her own. Plus, she was also able to use the system just as easily as she did her powers to get what she wanted in a legal way. It was certainly a nice change from how others usually use illegal means to get what they want, but she does not do that. Everything she did was for the right reasons and getting it through the right way. 

She certainly was also good at finding laws that may have been either forgotten or ignored that would be of great help to him. Plus, there was also the flaws in some of the existing laws that would also be of great help to them. The loopholes that they could use in order to help Harry keep his wand and not be expelled. She also kept her eyes out for loopholes that others could use in order to get Harry in more trouble than he already was. But she was going to make sure that things went as smoothly as magically possible.

Krinos had actually explained that the reason she was so good in a courtroom was not even because she was a member of the council. Before she became a member of the council, she had actually been a lawyer that worked in a big firm that the council actually employed when they needed a prosecutor for any trials that they held. Olivia winning a lot of cases with her knowledge, justice-focused attitude, and noble heart was what helped her gain the votes that she needed to be elected as a council member.

Sirius had also been a great help even before they had gone full into the research needed to help with Harry's trial. Since Sirius was from one of the oldest magical families in Britain, he knew a lot about other pureblood families just from what his parents forced him and his brother to learn growing up.

So he had been teaching his godson about the legacy and the power of the Potter family. How they were about a thousand years old, even going back to the time of the Founders, and were greatly admired for always doing what was right for their family. They had started out as just a family of pottery makers but grew over time. They had family members that were potters, duelists, enchanters, politicians, teachers, Quidditch players, business owners, farmers, wand crafters, magical zoologists, and even magical fashion designers. The Potter family was large and proud. They could have been their own private army if they wanted to be.

But that changed during the number of wars where dark lords tried to take control. And since the Potter family has always been about equality, anyone that followed any of the dark lords saw them as a threat. So with each war, the Potter family shortened until only the main branch had been left. And it was thanks to Grindelwald and Voldemort that Harry was now the last of his family. Grindelwald had been the one that killed off James's uncles and aunts, then his own parents died of Dragon Pox, and that left him and Lily to be killed by Voldemort.

So, Harry and Sirius had been looking into Harry claiming the title of Lord Potter in order to help him gain a foothold into the ministry and the Wizengamot. If Harry were to get his family title, he could also get much-needed power. Also, they hoped that if he was able to claim the lordship, it would also give him emancipation. It would give him power in the ministry as well as help him get away from Dumbledore's manipulations.

Olivia had been helping to also handle all of the illegal things that the ministry had been doing to try and keep up their delusion that Voldemort was not back. It seemed something that she was a little too excited about. She just looked a little scary as she had on a Cheshire Cat smile at the thought of suing egotistical politicians. Especially after she took one look at the Daily Prophet and immediately needed a headache potion for the migraine it gave her. She described the so-called newspaper as "nothing but a waste of time that I would rather use to start a fire if I ever went camping."

Sirius certainly agreed with her.

To also prepare for his future lordship, Sirius had also given Harry a book on all the laws of magical Britain, not just the justice system-related laws for when they were preparing for his trial.

As Harry read it, he had thought the book was more like a horror story than a book of laws. It was horrible and he could hardly imagine that any human being could do things like this to other people regardless of who or what they are.

There were just so many laws that restricted the rights of others that were not purebloods. Like for werewolves, it was illegal for them to get a job where there was contact with the general public, which was most jobs. There were also laws that forbid them from marrying and having kids. Vampires also all had the same laws against them. But there were also laws that stopped them from hunting for blood and stopped people from donating blood to a vampire. It was basically illegal for them to eat. Since vampires only needed about a bottle of blood a week, they did not need to kill or turn someone in order to feed.

And that was not even touching about the laws against muggleborns. The worst law was probably the law that forbids any muggleborns from owning a shop, store, or even a restaurant in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. And since all businesses already there are family-owned, they don't hire anyone outside the family. So most muggleborns were out of luck for a job unless they get hired at Hogwarts or the ministry. Hogwarts does not hire assistants or apprentices, so they would be stuck with jobs like secretary, maintenance, janitor, or any other low paying job.

There were no laws that stopped muggleborns from actually getting the more higher-paying jobs, but that was more the unspoken law since all those that handle promotions are those that believe in blood purity.

It drove Harry crazy how no matter how much people like Dumbledore preach about equality, they don't even bother to actually do anything about it. He knew that Dumbledore had been kicked out of his Chief Warlock position over the summer because of how he preached about Voldemort's return, but he did not do much even when he was Chief Warlock. He keeps saying he wants equality among all magical beings, but never once did anything to actually make it happen. He put forth no laws to make muggleborn or creature lives easier, there were no motions to remove the laws that make their lives harder, and some of the laws against creatures even had unanimous votes to get them installed. 

But Harry did notice the laws that the "Light" section of the Wizengamot got through were almost all about destroying the old ways or just making them illegal. They believed that it was either black magic or just out of style. There was also the reason that it was probably the only thing they ever did to try and make muggleborns more comfortable. But at the same time, that was all they did. If anything, that only made muggleborns bigger targets because of how those types of laws piss off the blood purists in power.

He knew that this was the reason why magical Britain had two dark lords in a single century. Because no one has the common sense to figure out that it was because they all refuse to change. Werewolves, vampires, and other creatures join the dark because they are promised better lives without the law restricting everything that could make them want to live as normal lives as possible. Purebloods join because they do see the continuous destruction of their culture the more people try to "make muggleborns more comfortable." The dark lords say what appeals to them, which is anything better than what the current system gives them. 

But right now he had to focus on his current issues with the law. He forced himself out of bed, having woken up at six in the morning in order to have plenty of time to make it to his appointment with Madam Bones at eight. Especially he was sure that Fudge or any other of his lackeys tried anything, which they were all sure would happen.

He made his way to the kitchen so that he could try to eat something even with how nervous he was. He was relieved to see that Olivia was already there and that Sirius and Remus were also awake. Mr. and Mrs.Weasley were also there, but he just took his seat across from Olivia and next to Sirius.

"Harry, dear, let me make you some breakfast," Mrs.Weasley was about to make him a big breakfast.

"No, thank you, Mrs.Weasley," Harry said.

"Here, pup," Sirius gave his godson a plate of plain toast. "This will probably be one of the few things you would be able to keep down on a day like this."

"Thank, Sirius," Harry took the plate and smiled at his godfather, neither of them acknowledging the huff that Mrs.Weasley let out.

"It's okay to be nervous," Remus reassured the teenager. "But we will make sure that everything goes fine and that you will keep your wand and place at Hogwarts."

"And if those corrupt idiots do manage to expel you, the Greek schools will be waiting with open arms," Olivia giggled and winked at Harry.

Harry smiled at Olivia's attempt to lighten the mood. Plus, every law he had learned about was making staying in magical Britain look like a mistake.

(AN: I would like to point out that there is no shade to mortal Britain. It is a lovely place that my sister-in-law is actually from, so I hope I do not accidentally insult actual British people.)

"Arthur will take you to the ministry when he goes there for work, Harry dear," Mrs.Weasley says, but it sounds more like she is making an order.

"There is no need, Mrs.Weasley," Olivia said. "As his lawyer, I will be the one taking him to the ministry."

"Which I still greatly appreciate, Olivia," Sirius thanked the woman again.

"Of course," Olivia said. "Anything to drive egotistical politicians up the wall. Hehe."

"That is not necessary," Mrs.Weasley did not like the thought of someone so disrespectful to Dumbledore around Harry. "Albus will..."

"Do nothing," Olivia interrupted her. "I read that pathetic excuse of a newspaper. He has lost all sway that he has in the ministry. Plus, when dealing with the law, you need to be a tiger. He would not do what is necessary. I, on the other hand, have no problem beating those egotistical narcissists into a bloody pulp. But with my words and not my fists."

"Does everyone have violent tendencies where you're from," Remus raised an eyebrow.

"Avoid the mystic souls from Sparta," Olivia tells him. "There is a reason why the sacred god of that city is Ares."

"Thanks, Olivia," Harry was grateful that such a ruthless lawyer was on his side.

"Really, Harry, I don't think Albus would..." Mrs.Weasley was cut off again.

"Harry wants her as his lawyer, Olivia is really skilled, so just deal with it, Molly," Sirius said.

Harry ate as much toast as his nervous stomach would allow before going back to his room and choosing the best outfit from the closet as he could. He figured that a nice silk shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes would be a much better choice than the four-sizes-too-big hand-me-downs from Dudley were.

He met Olivia in the living room and she opened up a portal for them to walk through.

*****

The two walked out of the portal, into some type of giant fireplace. Sirius had told him that the first place he would end up would be The Atrium. 

It was a large hall with fireplaces up and down both long walls. Down the left-hand side of the hall were gilded fireplaces that witches and wizards used to arrive at the Ministry. The right-hand side contained gilded fireplaces as well, and these were used for departures. The floor was polished dark wood. The ceiling was peacock blue with golden symbols moving across it. The Fountain of Magical Brethren was halfway down the Atrium. A group of golden statues, depicting a wizard, a witch, a centaur, a goblin, and a house-elf, spouted water into the surrounding pool of water. At the end of the Atrium was a set of golden gates, next to which was a security stand. 

"If this place was not filled with idiots, it could actually be considered quite amazing," Olivia said.

Harry had to agree with her.

Olivia and Harry walked through the ministry. Harry kept his head down, using his hair to hide his scar. It seemed to help them not be recognized by anyone. Not that Olivia would have been recognized unless there were people from magical Greece at the British ministry for some reason. 

Thinking that it would be good form to arrive early, Olivia knocked on the office door of Madam Amelia Bones at about 7:15. But before she could even hit the door with her knuckles a second time, the door opened to reveal the head of the law enforcement department. Only, she looked like she was about to leave.

"Mr.Potter," she actually looked confused to see him.

"Yes, that would be me, Madam Bones," Harry nodded politely.

"Hello, I am Olivia Gardna," Olivia shook the woman's hand. "I am Mr.Potter's lawyer. We are here for my client's hearing."

There was a moment where Madam Bones was shocked, but she soon put on her mask. What she uses to make sure that she always looks stern and serious even when she is annoyed, happy, or pissed off during a trial. She was usually annoyed or pissed.

"Nice to meet you both, but I was actually on my way to Mr.Potter's hearing," Madam Bones says.

"But we were informed that it was a simple hearing in your office," Olivia stayed as professional as she could.

They had expected something like this to happen, but that did not mean it still did not annoy them.

"I got an owl half an hour ago," Madam Bones tells them. "His hearing has been moved to a full trial in Courtroom 10. It starts at 7:30."

"And why was neither I nor Harry informed of this," Olivia crossed her arms. "We received no owl or letter about the change in location or time."

Madam Bones looked to also be noticing the illegal actions taking place that day. 

"I will look into it as soon as I can, but we must get to the courtroom before we are late," she said.

As they walked, it was clear to all of them the plan that had just failed. Harry's meeting had been supposed to take place at eight but was moved up with no letter to inform Harry of the change. That would mean if they showed up only a few minutes before eight like what probably would have happened if Mr.Weasley had taken him to the ministry with him, he would have been late to the meeting or missed it entirely. They would have immediately found him guilty.

Another reason that Harry was really thankful for Olivia. She seemed to be ten steps ahead of the ministry before they even planned their next illegal action against him.

When they entered the courtroom, it was certainly dark and dreary. A large group of people sat in the courtroom. There were about fifty of them, all, as far as he could see, wearing plum-colored robes with an elaborately worked silver W on the lefthand side of the chest and all staring down their noses at him, some with very austere expressions, others looks of frank curiosity.

In the very middle of the front row sat Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic. Fudge was a portly man who often sported a lime-green bowler hat, though today he had dispensed with it; he had dispensed too with the indulgent smile he had once worn when he spoke to Harry. Madam Bones took her seat at his left. On Fudge's right was another witch, but she was sitting so far back on the bench that her face was in shadow.

As much as he tried to hide it, Fudge hated that Harry made it on time and also that he obviously brought a lawyer.

Fudge soon started. "The accused being present — finally — let us begin. Are you ready?"

"Yes, sir," said an eager voice that Harry knew who it belonged to, seeing Percy Weasley sitting there.

"Disciplinary hearing of the twelfth of August," said Fudge in a ringing voice, and Percy began taking notes at once, "into offenses committed under the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery and the International Statute of Secrecy by Harry James Potter, resident at number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Magic; Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement; Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister. Court Scribe, Percy Ignatius Weasley —"

"Council Member Olivia Gardna," Olivia prided herself that she interrupted the walking bowling ball of a man. "Heir Potter's lawyer."

There was a murmur among the gathered people when she referred to Harry as Heir Potter. It seems most were under the impression that Harry was unaware of his heritage.

"Yes," said Fudge again, shuffling his notes. "Well, then. So. The charges. Yes."

He extricated a piece of parchment from the pile before him, took a deep breath, and read, "The charges against the accused are as follows: That he did knowingly, deliberately, and in full awareness of the illegality of his actions, having received a previous written warning from the Ministry of Magic on a similar charge, produce a Patronus Charm in a Muggle-inhabited area, in the presence of a Muggle, on August the second at twenty-three minutes past nine, which constitutes an offense under paragraph C of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, 1875, and also under section thirteen of the International Confederation of Wizards' Statute of Secrecy. You are Harry James Potter, of number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"You received an official warning from the Ministry for using illegal magic three years ago, did you not?"

"Yes, but —"

"And yet you conjured a Patronus on the night of the second of August?" said Fudge.

"Yes," said Harry, "but —"

"Knowing that you are not permitted to use magic outside of school while you are under the age of seventeen?"

"Yes, but —"

"Knowing that you were in an area full of Muggles?"

"Yes, but —"

"Fully aware that you were in close proximity to a Muggle at the time?

"Yes," said Harry angrily, "but I only used it because we were —"

Madam Bones cut across the minister in a booming voice. "You produced a fully-fledged Patronus?"

"Yes," said Harry, "because —"

"A corporeal Patronus?"

"A — what?" said Harry.

"Your Patronus had a clearly defined form? I mean to say, it was more than vapor or smoke?"

"Yes," said Harry, feeling impatient and annoyed at how he is continuously interrupted. "It's a stag, it's always a stag."

"Always?" boomed Madam Bones. "You have produced a Patronus before now?"

"Yes," said Harry, "I've been doing it for over a year —"

"And you are fifteen years old?"

"Yes, and —"

"You learned this at school?"

"Yes, Professor Lupin taught me in my third year, because of the —"

"Impressive," said Madam Bones, staring down at him. "A true Patronus at that age . . . very impressive indeed."

Some of the wizards and witches around her were muttering again; a few nodded, but others were frowning and shaking their heads.

Olivia was getting seriously annoyed at how no one was letting Harry get more than a few words out. Madam Bones even interrupted him and she was probably the one with the most honor in the room. Guess even the honorable people can be a pain in the behind.

"It's not a question of how impressive the magic was," said Fudge in a testy voice. "In fact, the more impressive the worse it is, I would have thought, given that the boy did it in plain view of a Muggle!"

Those who had been frowning now murmured in agreement, but it was the sight of Percy's sanctimonious little nod that goaded Harry into speech.

"I did it because of the dementors!" he said loudly before anyone could interrupt him again.

He had expected more muttering, but the silence that fell seemed to be somehow denser than before.

"Dementors?" said Madam Bones after a moment, raising her thick eyebrows so that her monocle looked in danger of falling out. "What do you mean, boy?"

"I mean there were two dementors down that alleyway and they went for me and my cousin!"

"Ah," said Fudge again, smirking unpleasantly as he looked around at the Wizengamot, as though inviting them to share the joke. "Yes. Yes, I thought we'd be hearing something like this."

"Dementors in Little Whinging?" Madam Bones said in tones of great surprise. "I don't understand —"

"Don't you, Amelia?" said Fudge, still smirking. "Let me explain. He's been thinking it through and decided dementors would make a very nice little cover story, very nice indeed. Muggles can't see dementors, can they, boy? Highly convenient, highly convenient . . . so it's just your word and no witnesses. . . ."

"I'm not lying!" said Harry loudly, over another outbreak of muttering from the court. "There were two of them, coming from opposite ends of the alley, everything went dark and cold, and my cousin felt them and ran for it —"

"Enough, enough!" said Fudge with a very supercilious look on his face. "I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure would have been a very well-rehearsed story —" 

"How about you shut up and let my client finish," Olivia snapped at Fudge. "Keep interrupting him and I will have no choice but to bring charges against you for obstruction of justice."

Most of the court gasped at her audacity. No one had ever talked to the minister like that before. Madam Bones was slightly smirking as someone was finally not putting up with the minister's awful attitude. 

"Thank you, Olivia," Harry smiled at the Greek witch. "As I have been trying to say but have been continuously interrupted, it was a normal day before the skies went dark, it got suddenly cold, and two swooping figured flew down from the sky and attacked my cousin and me. After being attacked several times by dementors in my third year..."

"Now see here," Fudge tried to interrupt again.

"One more interruption and I will sue everyone in this room for everything they got for trying to stop justice from being handled," Olivia yelled at him once again.

"Really, Minister," Madam Bones rolled her eyes. "Let the boy speak."

"As I was saying, I knew what dementor attacks felt like after being attacked several times in my third year when dementors were stationed at Hogwarts," Harry continued. "So I told my cousin to run, but he ran right into one of the dementors. He nearly had his soul sucked out before I managed to chase both dementors away with my Patronus charm."

"And according to Subsection B of the underage magic laws, all acts of self-defense are deemed a proper reason to use magic outside of school," Olivia says. "And there is also no breach to the Statute of Secrecy as Heir Potter's cousin is fully aware of magic existing."

"Look, while I am sure you are a good lawyer," Fudge looked at Olivia like she was an idiot. "But the dementors are under ministry control. So whatever tall tale this boy has told you..."

"I have viewed my client's memories of the event in a special pensive that prevents any tampering with the memory," Olivia gave her best glare to the minister. "My client is willing to show this entire court his memory, take a vow that he is telling the truth, as well as also take truth potion."

"Enough of this nonsense," the other woman next to Fudge snapped. "This boy is obviously just an attention-seeking liar. Expel him already."

Olivia nodded to Harry. If they wanted to try this the illegal way, then they were going to make it impossible for them to do so. Harry stood up and took out his wand.

"I swear upon my magic and my life that everything I said was true," Harry said. "Expecto Patronum!"

The end of his wand lit up and the silver stag patronus lept from the wand and started to gallop around the courtroom. Many were amazed at the sight of such a young boy accomplishing the spell while others looked pissed that now there was nothing they could do to expel him.

"Now that that matter has been settled," Olivia said, taking some papers out of the bag that she brought with her. "You have been served."

She handed the papers to the minister.

"What the bloody hell is this," Fudge demanded, shooting up from his seat.

"It's a lawsuit for slander, defamation, and use of a minor's name without permission of his guardian," Olivia did not even try to hold back her smirk. "My next stop is to that rag attempting to impersonate a newspaper, the Daily Prophet, to give them their lawsuit. But keep trying to slander my client and you will see just how ruthless a Greek witch can get in the courtroom."

She basically sashayed out of the courtroom with a flip of her hair. Harry had to force himself not to laugh as he followed her out. The looks on the faces of those egotistical politicians would give good dreams for weeks.

The two walked right past Dumbledore as he looked about to enter the courtroom. But he was about five minutes too late. But his habit of always arriving late to things worked in their favor for once.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

448K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
36.7K 2.3K 37
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
394K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
694K 16.6K 85
Diana Faye Lupin The twin Sister of Remus Lupin. The only girl who's immune to a Certain boy's flirtirous actions. The last girl you'd expect to fall...