Grasping for Permanence, sbi...

flirtology által

Tommy is fifteen, filled with angst, and ready to fuck shit up! © flirtology 2021 Tommyinni... Több

GRASPING
act one
[ 01 ] ted bundy and his tiny prick
[ 03 ] bruised knuckles
[ 04 ] the scorpion and the frog
[ 05 ] paint stains
Technoblade never dies.

[ 02 ] introspection (pancakes)

3.7K 212 156
flirtology által

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ACT ONE Sucker Punch.
PART TWO, Introspection (Pancakes)

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

CUT TO: SCENE ONE
DAY TWO—12:28 AM

₊˚ˑ🏮🧳*ೃ༄

THE WINDOW BECKONED HIM; the wind whispered his name. Join me, it proposed; he kindly obliged its wistful command. It was hours later now, somewhere around 12:30, and Tommy needed out. So, he took one step, then another, then another. Climbing out the window into the rebellious winds. It didn't matter that it was his first day here—no—it never did. He just needed out. And so, with an iPod on 74%, twenty dollars that he'd saved up, and absolutely no self preservation instinct, he set out on his newest rendezvous.

He scampered along the wooden roofing, and made his way to what looked like, the back of the house. After a bit of searching he locked eyes on the rain-pipe. Perfect. He tightened his hands around the cold metal and slipped down the pipe and onto the wet lawn.

He let his legs carry him to the city centre, which was about twenty minutes away (well twenty minutes away driving, walking it was more like an hour).

He passed a small pub, he could see a couple looking at each other lovingly. He could see them holding hands, fingers interlaced on the bare dark wood. He glanced up at the sign, The Kings Head. The lettering was bold and engraved on the old worn wood. The rain-swollen night was filled with the noises of civilization. The delights of the early night being splattered onto the pavement, The clanking of glasses, the sound of birds, the patter of the rain, engines whirring harmoniously, a distant conversation about an upcoming protest. He always liked the night it reminded him that he existed just as much as any passerby. The smell of wet concrete complimented the lively night beautifully.

He walked up to the closest stranger he saw, "Excuse me?" The man acknowledged him, "Is there a park nearby?"

"Yes, it's just that way." The man stretched his arm and pointed, "its about a ten minute walk"

He made his way to a pond, the moon glimmered onto the pristine water. The light ricocheted off of the water and on to him, his skin, his hair, his clothing. It washed over him like the rain. Maybe, I can be here? Maybe I can be in that house. I like the cups. Tommy sat down onto the damp soil. No, no I don't belong. He dug his left hand into his right wrist. It ached. That was what he needed though. But if I don't belong anywhere then who's to say I shouldn't stay?

He let himself take in the scenery and noises instead of pondering that much longer. The park was much gentler than the city's nightlife. He could hear the rain splashing against the pond, a bird ruffling its feathers, the wind whipping against the old oak trees, birds singing, his shallow breaths.

Should I stay?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

FADE IN: SCENE THREE
DAY TWO—5:43 AM

₊˚ˑ📩🎞*ೃ༄

THE SKY HAD BEGUN TO BLEED an orangey red by the time Thomas made his way back to the homey cottage. Soft plumes of smoke danced along the sullen skyline. It seemed as though some had already started up their fireplaces for the day. Tommy didn't have time to focus on the, admittedly, idyllic scenery. The euphoria of the night was gone, it had drained out of him like blood from an open wound. He was softer now, the world was softer. His eyes had finally realized he'd been awake for a bit too long and were currently dried out (which heavily contrasted the current state of his clothing, skin, and hair).

Tommy didn't even question how he'd get back into the house when he'd left hours earlier. It was 5:43 now and he was an absolute mess. His phone was now dead, yet he still possessed the twenty dollars he'd left with, not a cent less. Clueless as to how else he'd get back into the house he'd decided on the most obvious answer, the front door. The exact door he'd stood at what seems like centuries earlier. Surprisingly, it was unlocked, and the living room and kitchen were dark (well that part was expected).

"You know, you should really try to be a bit quieter when sneaking out."

"FUCK." Tommy whisper shouted snapping around to see a tall pink-haired boy.

"I unlocked the door for you and this is how I get greeted, the kids these days." Techno joked to himself.

"What are you doing awake?"

"Reading, and I heard you leave." He held up a book, Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami, "oh and you don't need to whisper, Wilbur and Phil are heavy sleepers."

"Okay.." Tommy paused, he wondered if he should try and make conversation "Whats it about?"

"What?"

"The book, I mean."

"Oh," Techno glanced down at the book "An artist, or painter, I suppose." Tommy only nodded.

"Do you think I can make coffee without anyone noticing? I mean they're heavy enough sleepers so probably, right?"

"Yeah, we could light this house on fire and they'd still be asleep," They both laughed, Technos was more of a grumbled chuckle and Tommys was much more gentle. He let his guard down, he didn't need it at the moment. Perhaps it was time to take off the iron chest plate and rest. Thrive outside of the formfitting constraints he'd preemptively set. "You know, Wilbur really isn't that bad."

"He seems like a proper dick"

"Yeah, he can be," Techno chuckled again "I think it's a pride thing."

"I've met a hundred like him before, and probably a thousand more."

"I think you.." he stopped, looking as if he didn't mean to say anything at all.

"Where are the coffee beans?" Techno pointed.

They ended up spending the next hour and a half talking about anything and everything. The smell of the air, the temperature, Phil, The scented candles kept around the house (regardless of the fact that they'd never been burned). Eventually, techno suggested they make breakfast for everyone (even Wilbur, to Tommys dismay).

"Bruhhh"

"Come on! You know I'm right about this!"

"No, I'd be a moron if I knew you were right"

They were making pancakes whilst debating wether or not it were easier to fight seven little chipmunks or one big chipmunk. Neither of whom had any clue as to how they stumbled upon that topic. What they didn't know was that Will had crept downstairs when he smelt the tea and pancakes being made, assuming Phil had started making food earlier because of Tommys arrival the day prior. He expected to be greeted by Phil in a well worn jumper and Techno sprawled out In a corner of the cottage reading something he couldn't care less about. What he most definitely hadn't expected was Tommy, with damp scruffy hair, and techno, laughing and making food together.

"Uhh."

"Hey Will, oh could you go wake Phil up?" Techno regarded him completely casually, without even sparing him a glance. Tom on the other hand, did not say anything.

"Sure," Wilbur was more than willing to be somewhere— anywhere— if it meant away from that fucking child.

"Dad?" Will whispered.

He grumbled something incoherent

"Dad." He said again, louder this time.

"mmmmmm"

"Dad!" He repeated for a third time, shaking Phil in the process"

"What? Isn't it a bit early for you to be up Will." He looked confused "Oh does Tommy need something?"

"No, well, yes," he paused "I just woke up and.. well Techno and Tommy are making breakfast together and they wanted me to wake you up, I think it'll be done soon"

Phil snapped up, "Tommy, Techno? They're talking, for how long?"

"I don't know"

"Well lets go!"

They went back down into the kitchen and when Phil saw the two boys talking he looked like he'd just won the lottery.

Perhaps it would be okay to stay for awhile.

CUT TO BLACK:

I know this was probably very boring but Its more of a tone setting chapter.. AnYWaY,, Vote if you enjoyed, please leave comments they make me so, so, so happy!! Give me critique if you feel like it or hate this chapter and have a good night/day/evening! 🪴 Also, I sucKkKk At DiALouGe evEn thOUgh iTs mY favourite thiNGs to rEaDdDDDDd!! >:((

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.4K 57 36
Join the reader with their family, the SBI, as they live their lives together in the 21st century through oneshots and series. Gender Neutral Reader...
5.8K 204 21
Techno has been in an orphanage for 12 years and is almost old enough to move out. But what happens if he gets adopted and starts to get attached to...
184K 5.6K 97
I am making one shots. I can do requests check the request page. LOTS OF ANGST. READ ALL CHAPTER Triggers. Might not upload much but I have some I a...
568K 19.2K 172
COMPLETED!! If anyone is uncomfortable with this it will be taken down immediately