He Lives In You (COMP.)

By JadiMarrry

❗YiZhan FF❗ "..I'm not him, Yibo and never will be..I've taken what's not mine and I will forever blame mysel... More

💕INTRODUCTION💕
1st Chapter: DREAM
2nd Chapter: IT'S YOU
3rd Chapter: UNCERTAINTY
4th Chapter: WE MEET AGAIN
5th Chapter: THE TALK
6th Chapter: GUILTY
7th Chapter: CONVICTION
8th Chapter: TRYING
9th Chapter: CAREFUL
10th Chapter: ADMITTING
11th Chapter: ENTHRALL
12th Chapter: SURPRISED
13th Chapter: DINNER
14th Chapter: THE MISTAKE
Author's Message
15th Chapter: LOVE OR YEARNING?
OTHER CHARACTERS
17th Chapter: GLEAM
18th Chapter: HANKERING
19th Chapter: QUESTIONS
20th Chapter: PLEADING
21st Chapter: THE STORY OF US
22nd Chapter: ME AND HIM
23rd Chapter: HAPPY DAY
24th Chapter: CONFESSION
25th Chapter: LOVE NEVER DIES
26th Chapter: INTENTIONS
27th CHAPTER: CAVE IN
28th Chapter: TABLES TURNING
29th Chapter: HIS DREAM
30th Chapter: HEARTBREAK (Pt.1 of 2)
30th Chapter: THE RIFT (Pt. 2 of 2)
I'M SORRY (Auth. Message)
31st Chapter: NIGHTMARES
32nd Chapter: IT'S YOU, AGAIN
33rd Chapter: HIS LOSS
34th Chapter: INVITATION
35th Chapter: WEARINESS
36th Chapter: TRAPPED
37th Chapter: WHITE FLAG
38th Chapter: LETTING GO
Extra Chapter: UNTAMED
39th Chapter: TO MY DEAREST
40th Chapter: FAREWELL
SPECIAL CHAPTER: FOREVER
💚THANK YOU❤

16th Chapter: VISITOR

1.7K 173 38
By JadiMarrry

Thank you all for your support in my writing! I super appreciate it!😘 Enjoy!🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zhan! What were you thinking?! Are you nuts?! What else happened?! Tell me now!"

Shouted Yubin on the other line furious by what Zhan had told him, obviously about what happened the other night with Yibo. His deafening tone made Zhan separate the phone from his ear, briefly closing his eyes from the shock he endured from his best friend's over the top reaction and annoyed thinking that it might lose his hearing because of it. After realising that Yubin had eventually stopped nagging, he gulped and hesitantly put the phone back in his ear, imagining his friend's expression in his already unsettled mind.

"Yubin..will you relax? Nothing else happened except for that kiss and me...passing out."

Understanding where his friend is coming from, he tried to reassure him in his most convincing tone that none of what he was thinking or about to think to happen didn't go on hoping that the frantic man would listen.

"I'm alright, Yubin..I'm sorry for making you worry."

Zhan knew that Yubin was still upset and mystified but he can't really blame the guy for feeling so.

"Yub.."

"But..are you okay? Anything hurt? How are you feeling now?"

Zhan nodded slightly as if Yubin was there, sitting in front of him.

"Hmm..I'm really okay now.."

"Good..Zhan, tell me honestly..are you starting to like him? Cause by the flow of that story, I'm starting to believe that you are.."

Silence transpired but Zhan was not as surprised as he was anticipating himself to be as he already comprehended that Yubin might ask that significant question he is also still trying to understand. He pressed his lips together and looked down, thinking of the right way to explain to Yubin what he is really feeling without looking like a complete fool even though his friend can't see him.

"I'll be lying if I say that I don't cause I don't know but, I'm really confused Yubin..am I in the wrong here? Should I stay or should I just..let it be?..let him be?..I mean..it's happening so fast..I..I feel so drawn to him..he is so irresistible.."

"Zhan, is it the same feeling you had for Yuta? Perhaps, you only miss him? I told you, don't let that Yibo get to your head."

"I don't know..I just have this feeling that I want to see him and be with him..do you think it's..love?"

Zhan bit his lower lip and gulped again for the feeling was becoming overwhelming. The sound of frustration coming from the other line was obvious and unmistakable as Yubin clears his throat and resumes on talking out whatever his best friend is not telling him about yet.

"Zhan, I'm not against you falling in love again..It's great, to be honest, but, him? He was Yuta's..."

"I know, Yubin..I.."

"Are you ready to tell him everything if ever you and him..."

Zhan slouched on the couch, closed his eyes and brushed his unsteady hands on his face which is exuding with a sorry utterance.

"About that part..I don't know..I feel guilty enough that's why maybe, it's better to just walk away. What should I do Yubin?"

"Zhan, I don't want you to get hurt..so maybe, you should. You're just confused and probably just missing our best friend. I'm sorry..I don't know what else to say, quite honestly. I know you don't want to talk about that part of what happened in the past but it's better this way. Stay here with me in Shanghai for a few days. Maybe a week or two or for a month? I won't mind. Take a rest from work then I will do the same so someone will look after you when you're ready to come back to Beijing. You wanna visit Chongqing? I'll accompany you. You're family, especially Jie would be happy."

The phrases coming out from Yubin's mouth seemed to slowly drift away from Zhan's consciousness as his mind was suddenly captured by Yibo's seductive face, ferocious eyes and desirable lips making him bit and moistened his own which already withered from worrying too much. His eyes were stuck open and began to wander in his imagination, leaving his pal silent and confused on the other side but Yubin quickly noticed and intruded;

"Zhan..?"

The man gasped a little bit from his friend's sudden disturbance as he flickered his long lashes, subsiding to reality once again.

"Yeah..hmm..okay. I will leave tomorrow. Thank you, Yubin."

"You okay, Zhan? Why not today? Will you stop thinking about him now? All that is happening is not good for your health. You are stressing too much."

"Yeah..Uhmm Yubin..I will call you later. I need to drop by the office."

Zhan anxiously stood up and walked to the kitchen to get something to drink, hastily opened the fridge and wanders his eyes inside.

"I thought you already called your office mate? Just stay there and rest."

"I forgot to grab some papers. I'll be quick alright? Stop worrying about me."

"Sorry, but I can't..fine. Don't forget to eat and take your medicine and call Jie. She is worried about you."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye."

Zhan finished up the call and put the phone into his pocket still roaming his eyes inside taking his time but, half of his senses were floating somewhere else so he couldn't decide what to get and just decided to give up, releasing a distressed sigh while gradually closing the fridge. He stood silent for a while questioning  to himself why in the world he would think of Yibo all of a sudden like that and feel different afterwards. The man didn't know who he was personally until he showed up during Yuta's death anniversary and thought that he would feel nothing but bitterness towards him just because Yuta chose Yibo over him even though Yuta made it clear years ago that the love he was feeling for Zhan is not the love like that for a special someone but rather, a love like of a brother only.

Zhan briefly closed his eyes and shook his head lightly trying to kick that sad part out of his head.

With a confused heart and mind, he proceeded upstairs and decided to take a rest before taking a shower as he plopped his weary body on his soft bed, and rolled on it like a little kid, making the sheets wrinkle. He ended up on his stomach, burying his face on the pillow before letting out a scream only he can hear hoping his frustration and all of his unwanted feelings would go away.

Although it helped a bit, Yibo's face now seemed to be glued in his head and won't disappear even if he attempts to ignore it.

He just sighed and twitched his body to get his phone from his pocket, recalling to text his Jie as Yubin said;

"Jie, sorry I couldn't pick up your call last night. I came home early from work cause I wasn't feeling well and went to bed early as well but, please do not worry, I am okay now. I will call you later."

After sending his worried sister a text, he sat up and went to grab a book from his nightstand shelf, not to read it but to pull some hidden photos inside it.

A photo of the three of them which are sentimental to him and well-hidden inside Yuta's favourite book, smiling at the world like innocent children. "Zhan, stop being so shy and look at the camera. Smile! This pillow cat is so cute! Yuta smile!" Again, he was back in the days like nothing seemed to go wrong, only the three of them contented of the times they had spent together, and the other one;

A candid photo of him and Yuta when they went to the park, lecturing him about his health and many other things just like a real friend would. "Zhan Zhan, take care of your health always, I can't stay beside you all the time to remind you." Zhan's lips raised slightly when he remembered himself being annoyed at Yuta for acting like his father but was touched and thankful at the same time for always looking after him when he himself, couldn't.

But then, that terrible day came rushing back at him again when Yubin broke the news to him crying hysterically and with a shaking voice, coating over the small amount of happiness he felt just a second ago.

"Zhan..he's gone..Yuta..he's..I'm sorry..It was his wish and by his family's request. I'm sorry Zhan.."

"You were important to him as much as he is to you but it's not your fault..he made that choice..he wanted you to live a long and happy life.."

Tears started to drop as he remembers the exact words Yubin had said to him back then.

"Happiness? Am I happy? Will I ever be, Yuta?" He whispered under his breath while looking at the image of his departed friend whom he would do anything just to bring back to life again. He gently places back the photographs of the past inside the book, closing it and all his emotions with it, sniffing and wiping his tears away.

An hour went on and Zhan was getting ready to go out when he hears the doorbell rings. He furrowed for he was not expecting anyone and was already prepared to leave, also not in the mood to entertain anyone. He promptly walked towards the door while trying to button his upper shirt and asked from behind before opening;

"Who is it?"

The person didn't reply and the silence made Zhan annoyed and confused. He tried to ask again but before he could even open his mouth, a delicate voice of a woman spoke. Zhan's eyes grew wide as he instantly recognized who the person was, immediately unlocking the door for her.

And, he was right.

It was Yuta's elder sister, an elegant and lovely lady in her mid 30's, smiling fondly at him. Her fine posture and sweet aura seized Zhan's heart quickly as he missed it so much, but only to speak her name in a shocked but delighted tone.

"Keiko-chan.."

Her eyes upturned and slightly round almost like of his late brother's, spoke of happiness when Zhan called her name, bestowing the stunned man with a kiss on both cheeks and a tight hug, and Zhan, also did the same thing.

"Hello my, Didi! I've missed you!"

They stayed like that for a little while like real siblings, hugging out the times they didn't see each other. After Yuta's demise, she went away and travelled abroad to forget the hurt of losing his dearest brother, not contacting anyone except for her mother and a younger sister who was left behind, until she was ready and finally gave Zhan a phone call a year ago. Zhan knew why she did so and didn't dare to interfere with her plans back then for he knew that it was her way of grieving him, the little brother whom she loved dearly. He heard her give a faint sigh as she caressed his back like her Jiejie would when he is stressed about a certain thing and as if the older knows what.

They broke the hug and sweetly smiled at each other before Zhan proceeded to ask.

"How did you find my place?"

The senior grabbed both of Zhan's hands and squeezed it gently.

"I called your sister and asked her. How are you? She stared upon the man, shoulder to toe, who is wearing sleeves and black pants. "Going somewhere? You look formal, and handsome as always." Pinching Zhan's adorable chin.

"Come on in first." Said Zhan, smiling from ear to ear.

The guy, while holding her hand tightly, merrily welcomed his dear friend to his apartment and pointing into the living room where they both settled excitedly.

"So Keiko-san, what are you doing here in Shanghai? You should've called me. Oh, do you want anything? Tea..coffee?" 

"No dear, thank you. Well, I wanted it to be a surprise."

"You succeeded, Keiko-san and I'm really glad. But, why are you here? How's everyone? Okaasan? And..Mei?"

Recognizing the man's sudden distress in his eyes when he asked about the younger sister, she held his hand and gave a charming smile but Zhan could only give a fake one in return.

"They are doing okay. Mom's health is recovering and Mei..she's in University. Mom was pleased when I told her that I will visit you. She misses you as much as she misses her son."

"I'm glad to hear it..hmm..Keiko-san..is Mei.."

"Give her more time, Zhan. 2 years are still not enough for her to move on. I took it hard but she took it the hardest."

She knows very well the guilt he is dealing with inside for she felt the same thing her younger sister did and still feeling now when their mother made that decision. But, at the time of her travelling, she realized that none of it was Zhan's fault. None of it ever was.

"You are still the same, Zhan."

The older giggled at the sight of the cute guy in front of him but, Zhan only looked down in embarrassment. She let go of Zhan's hand and started pulling it something in her bag.

"Anyway, I came to give you this."

"What is this?"

"My wedding invitation."

The man's eyes widened, obviously delighted by his dear friend's news. He smiled and opened the envelope excitedly, reading it thoroughly.

"I'm so happy for you Keiko-san. Jay Zhou huh. Lucky guy. Where did you meet him?"

"I met him in Japan when I came for a visit. He's amazing. Yuta would've loved him."

"Yeah. I would do anything just to make him see you get married. I'm sorry."

"Zhan, stop being so gloomy. I don't blame you..it wasn't your fault, okay?
Smile for me now will you?"

Zhan only nodded and resumed to ask other questions. Time went by fast as they continued to talk and chuckle at each other's company but the older stopped when he saw Zhan's patting his chest. The woman came nearer with a fearful look on her face.

"Zhan? Are you okay?"

Zhan looked at her with confusion and realised what she was talking about, immediately nodding and giving her a reassuring smile.

"Oh..yes I'm fine. I was just laughing so hard my chest and stomach felt like it was going to burst."

"You scared me. Me too. Anyway, let's stop talking about me, and let's start talking about you. So, any interesting happened since you transferred here?"

"Yes, actually."

"Do tell." Said the woman whose eyes were wide open, eager for him to say the words.

"I met Wang Yibo." 

"Bo-di? When?"

"At the cemetery when I visited Yuta then coincidentally, he is also one of my clients."

"Oh. Really a coincidence. Did you tell him about..you know.."

"No."

"I see. That's your call. So, how is he with you? Is he being nice? Is he giving you a hard time? Any hard feelings between you two?"

Hard time? Rather a confusing time, he thought, but, he can't tell her what else happened between them, fearing that she might get angry.

"No, he's okay. A little overbearing, but, I can handle him just fine."

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything, Zhan Zhan. I'm going to meet him later to hand his invitation."

"No, really Keiko-san, he's quite..nice."

"Okay. That's good."

It is nearing lunchtime and the two decided to and go on their way. They sauntered the hall still giggling while speaking about their life before all of that happened until they reached the parking lot and to the senior's car where she offered Zhan a ride which the man happily accepted, getting inside the vehicle with a pleasant expression.

"By the way, Keiko-san, do you know where's Yibo place at?"

"Yes, Yuta took me there one time. I still remember where it is."

"Why? Do you, Zhan?"

"Uhh..yeah. I went there one time to work. He invited me."

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"Good to hear you two are getting along. Yuta would be happy. How about lunch then, Zhan Zhan?"

Zhan regretfully refused but told the older to drop him instead to his workplace for he knew that his Keiko-san had already other plans and didn't want to intervene which the older understood.  They drove still full of discussions, exchanging stories about each other and their families and of course, Yuta. His grief went away for a while and had a good time speaking with her only to miss his real sister and thought that maybe Yubin is right, visiting his family would not be such a bad idea after all.

They bid each other farewell as they finally reached Zhan's location. Zhan removed his seatbelt and hugged his elder, thankfully caressing her back and so did the woman who whispered at his ear which made Zhan tear a bit;

"It wasn't your fault, okay? None of it was. Please don't be too hard on yourself and Zhan, take good care of it. Everything will be alright in time."

Breaking the hug and sweetly smiling at the man.

"Thank you, Keiko-san. I will..thank you for inviting my congratulations on your upcoming wedding.."

"Your welcome, Zhan. See you."

"See you."

Zhan got out from the car and waved his hand at her and so did she, driving away after until Zhan can no longer see the car and slowly, his smile started to fade from his face, returning to his old self again.

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------

I feel kinda feel sad for Zhan in this chapter especially the part where Yuta's sister comforted him. How about you?😟

Tell me what you think, loves.😙

The next chapter would be good so stay updated🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 166 7
"You know how Ursa means bear? It's fitting that I end up with a Beast." ✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧ Ben Florian Beast x Ursa, daughter of Ursula (OC) ✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝...
17.8K 1.4K 19
⚠️AN IMAGINATION BY ME WITH NO CONNECTION TO THE REALITY OR INTENTION TO HARM THE IDOLS⚠️ PLAGIARISM IS CRIME❗
136K 3.9K 25
Regulus Black goes off to Hogwarts for his fifth year. His Parents still trying to pick up the pieces of his brother Sirius running away. Little doe...
771K 27.4K 25
Noelle Hadley is a simple waitress at a high-end club, one that just so happens to be primarily haunted by the living dead. One night, when a group o...