Enigma | Park Jimin FF

By pick_your_filter2020

The cold, Korean city of Seoul holds a secret. Park Jimin has a perfect life working as a detective in the t... More

~Introduction~
~Prologue~
~ Surprise! ~
~01~
~02~
~03~
~04~
~05~
~07~
~08~

~06~

29 3 0
By pick_your_filter2020

The clanking of glass and the loud music dully resonated in the background of Jimin's mind, the alcohol in his system making his words slur as he tried to fish his phone out of his pants pocket. Multiple empty shot glasses laid before him, the bartender eyeing Jimin as his fingers fumbled to pull the rectangular device out. He watched as the drunken man unsuccessfully tried to perform a simple task, his ring clad fingers unable to push through the pocket of his tight jeans. The black pants had women drooling over him, as the fabric hugged his thighs perfectly. While it did make him look like a greek god it was uncomfortable and did make the pockets much smaller than normal mens pants, which made simple tasks such as pulling out a phone even harder when you were drunk shitless.

His useless fumbling quickly stopped when he spotted a woman coming towards him, the same woman his eyes secretly searched for when Ara was right next to him, the same woman the both of them had a fight about. He gulped thickly, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down in the process. His dark eyes followed her every movement, analysing how she looked or how her long hair swayed behind her bare back if it weren't for her dark locks covering it. The air was thick as she made eye contact with Jimin, seemingly catching him off guard. Before he knew it she was already seated next to him on the same chair his girlfriend was seated in minutes ago.

Her long fingers threaded through her silky locks, messing up her perfectly straight hair. Jimin broke out of his trance, his face reddening when he caught her tugging her lower lip in between her pearly white teeth.

"Hey..I saw what happened with you and your girlfriend. I hope I wasn't the cause of that.." she asked softly, an innocent smile plastered on her pretty face, a huge contrast to her seductive stare seconds ago.

"H-huh? Oh yeah I'm fine. You didn't do anything.. She was just being overdramatic. It's no big deal, she'll forget it and move on." his reply was off putting, his tone irritated and angered as if Ara's name was venom in his mouth. The alcohol and their previous argument fueling him to act nonchalant about the whole situation and act as if Ara was the one who was wrong.

"Oh. That's good then. Anyway, I'm Yeji.. Hwang Yeji."
Jimin tried to ignore the way she placed her right hand on his thigh, or the way her perfectly manicured fingers curled around it. He could hear voices whispering in his ear, telling him to stop her. Push her hand away and walk back to his girlfr- fiancé. Stop Yeji because he has a fiance. Because he loves her. Because he wants to spend the rest of his days with the love of his life.

It was simple. Stop Yeji. Yet he didn't do it, because his mind was all over the place. A haze seemed to block his sense of rationality as he just sat idly for a few seconds before finally deciding to say something.

"Jimin." he bluntly replied, darting his tongue out and wetting his chapped lips. He could feel guilt rush over his body, he knew Ara wouldn't like it if he talked to her, yet he still continued.

He could feel the hand that was previously resting upon his thigh start to hike up, so slow that it was barely noticeable. His mind went into a frenzy, a jumbled mess of thoughts that whirled like a tornado in his head. Does he let her continue? He knew he'll never forgive himself if Ara found out. But he didn't want her to stop. In Fact he wanted her to continue, he knew that if it wasn't for Ara he would have probably already given in to Yeji the moment he laid eyes on her. He wouldn't admit it but he found her unbelievably attractive. His breath hitched when he felt her lean in, her expensive perfume immediately wafting through his senses.

"Is something wrong Jimin?" she was practically on him now, her face barely inches away from his own. He could smell her minty breath mixed with the alcohol from before, her red lips grazing against his plump ones.
He abruptly stood up, causing Yeji to stumble back into her chair with a soft thud.

"Oh shit I'm sorry!" he said, concern glazing over his orbs as he looked at the groaning girl.

"It's fine...you're probably in a rush."

"Uh yeah, my fiancé is at home.. I need to see if she's alright." he replied, already turning on his heel to leave.

"Before you leave, could I have your number?"

"Sure."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, Ara had reached their hotel, stumbling up the stairs and cursing herself for getting so easily drunk. Placing her weight on the door and fumbling to get the keys in, a deep baritone interrupted her agitated movements.

"Would you like me to help you?"

She nodded her head sheepishly as she stepped away from the door and handed the keys to the man. He seemed charming with his tank top and sweatpants hugging his thighs loosely and her eyes trail up his strong, muscular arms that were intricately decorated with tattoos that wrapped around the thick muscle, travelling up and hugging his neck.

His long fingers gripped onto the key, shoving it in the lock and swiftly opened the door.

"Here you go."

he said, an innocent boxy smile on his face as he turned to face Ara and hand back her keys.

"Thank you."

she mumbled out, her left hand was on the wall for support as she leaned against it, her cheeks flushed a crimson red as her body swayed slightly from the alcohol she had drank.

"If you need anything, I'm right next door."

he said, his feet withdrawing backwards as he headed back off to his room, his footsteps slowing down and finally halting when he saw the look of confusion on her face.

"Sure....?"

She trails off as realization hit him before he chuckles and says,

"Yes.. my bad. Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

"Choi Ara."

She sways a little, her mouth felt dry as she felt bile rising up her throat, the figure hugging dress only making her more uncomfortable.

"I'll get going now.."

Taehyung says, retreating back to his house and leaving Ara standing at the entrance to the apartment.

She felt the nausea come back before throwing her heels off and running into the bathroom to empty the contents of her stomach over the toilet. She lunges forward, her head bending over the toilet bowl as she throws up everything she drank and ate.

She struggled to move the dark hair that framed her face away, her locks flopping back down every time she shoved it behind her ear.

"Ara? You okay?"

Jimin's soft voice could be heard from the entrance of the house, but the lurching and gagging sounds coming from the toilet forces

his feet to quickly take him to the bathroom, the gagging sounds becoming louder with each step he took.

"Go away." she stubbornly said as her voice came out raspy and strained, immediately throwing up after she said those words.

"Here, let me help you." he said softly, completely disregarding her earlier words as he bent down and gathered her hair into a makeshift ponytail.

"I said go away."

"Stop being so stubborn and just let me help you."

"I don't need your fucking help."

"Ara..."

he sighed out, lifting his palm and soothingly rubbing her back when she gagged over the toilet more.

"Why don't you go back to that little slut, huh? I'm pretty sure she would make you happier.."

The sharp words that left her mouth with ease stung Jimin's heart, but he brushed it away, knowing it was his fault.

"Don't say that."

He says softly, his arms wrapping around her waist as she tries to lift herself up from the tiled floor. After flushing the toilet, she turns around and hastily walks to the sink, washing herself off and stumbling into the bedroom.

"Don't you want to get out of those clothes?"

Jimin asks, tugging off his choker and removing his blue velvety jacket, revealing the low V-neck shirt that exposed his perfect cleavage. She slumps her shoulders and groans, walking to the mirror and fumbling with the zip on her back that holds her off shoulder top together, her fingers unable to reach it as she tries to get at it from different angles.

Without a word, Jimin walks over to her and moves her hand away, his own fingers clasping around the zip and pulling it down, his eyes never leaving hers through the mirror. He could see her trying her best to avoid his gaze, but soon enough they would meet and they couldn't break away from each other.

After he was done, Ara broke herself away from his gaze and walked over to the closet room, slamming the door shut behind her. Jimin ran a hand through his blonde locks as a frustrated sigh left his lips, and decided to undress in the bathroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ara steps out of the closet room after some hard thinking and feels that her anger has somewhat simmered down. But when she thinks of the shameless woman touching Jimin wherever, the fire of anger that burns with rage in her chest is always ignited.

She loves and trusts Jimin.. But she can't seem to trust the other woman.

Jimin had taken certainly longer to get home. Did she approach him after I left? Did he have further conversations with her?

These questions seemed to bounce around the insides of her head, and all possible scenarios played out in front of her. She is snapped out of her trance by the sound of the toilet door closing and Jimin walking out with a pair of sweatpants, bare chested with a towel around his neck.

Rolling her eyes and lying down so her back was facing him, an audible sigh was heard followed by the sinking of the mattress next to her.

"Oh come on.. You can't ignore me forever."

Not responding, she reaches over to the night lamp on her side of the bed and pulls the string, engulfing the room in darkness besides the occasional light that would pass by from cars on the streets.

A click is heard and light replaces the darkness as Ara sits up with a groan.

"Can you leave me alone?"

She spits out, her angered gaze focused on Jimin, accompanied by the now painful throbbing of her head, the consequence of her careless drinking .

"No. We talk this out, like always."

"Oh so NOW you decide to talk!"

She says, arms crossing over her chest.

Ignoring her comment, he folds his legs and sighs.

"So.. not much of an investigation happened today."

"No shit, Sherlock."

He groans and runs a hand down his face.

"Ara.. help me out here, I'm trying-"

"Fine, you want me to talk, I'll talk! What's up with you and random Ms. Pretty Legs all of a sudden?"

"Her name is Yeji, not Ms-"

"Oh, so you two DID talk! I wonder what the conversation was about."

"Nothing beyond appropriate, Ara.. just-"

"So then it should be perfectly fine to tell me what you talked about."

"Ara!"

He exclaims in annoyance at the sudden interrogation that had no objective or good outcome.

She sighs, laying back down.

"I just hope you aren't double siding me Jimin.."

"She's just a friend.. She seems nice too. I don't think she means any harm to us babe.."

"I think otherwise.."

"Come on.. You know I wouldn't do something like that to you. We've come this far, why would I want to let you go?"

As Ara stares at him with doubting eyes, she searches his for any sign of dishonesty. If there was one thing their relationship taught her, it was that she could see every emotion he was feeling in his eyes if she looked hard enough, but at the moment, those chocolate orbs were revealing nothing to her. This time they seemed... different. She couldn't place her finger on it, but she knew that there was something he wasn't telling her.

But her love stricken heart could do nothing but believe him as she sat up and hugged him.

"Ok.. I just hope you're telling me the truth, Jimin."

He didn't reply to her as they broke the hug. Nodding in silence, he turns off the light and wraps his arms around her waist, diminishing the space between them as her back laid against his bare chest. He places his head in the crook of her neck, giving her little kisses that made her giggle before hearing her light snores fill the silent room.

Ara's mind loved playing tricks on her, but this time the warning sirens that went off in her head was nothing to ignore. She so desperately wanted love and was afraid to lose it from the one she loved the most, their high school days of petty fights and numerous breakups only to come back together again, became a constant memory that surfaced everytime she thought of the current situation that her mind and heart were facing.

Jimin knew his short temper could provoke words he couldn't take back and no matter how much he tried to control his cursed tongue, there were everlasting impacts on their relationship solely because of the words they threw at each other. His parents were Jimin's inspiration to find love and his one true soulmate because his parents would talk about how they met and fell in love. This intrigued him, but he soon realized that love was not easy. Any beautiful girl he saw would make his heart flutter, thinking that she was "the one", but nothing would work out and the girl would move on.

After going through multiple girls, he found Ara and something inside him sparked, like a matchstick that gave rise to a whole forest fire. He just knew that she was meant for him, but here his heart goes again, at the next beautiful woman that turns up, making him doubt again and again, wondering if his heart was fooling him this entire time. A perfect life.. that's all he ever wanted, but fate had different plans for him.

Two hours later, 2:45 a.m

Jimin P.O.V

A vibrating sensation on the desk next to me draws me out of my slumber as I inwardly groan and separate myself from Ara.

I reach out and grab my phone from the table, squinting my eyes when the bright light emitted out of it hits my face.

You have 3 new messages!

What the heck? Who would text me at 3 a.m?!

Clicking on the notification in annoyance at the bird brain that decided to send me messages at this time, I opened the chat of the unknown number and my annoyance dissipated immediately.

Unknown: Hey, it's me! We met at the bar today.

Unknown: Hwang Yeji ;), hope you haven't forgotten me already because of how drunk you were.

Unknown: If you don't mind.. Can we meet up more often?

Softening at the messages, I glanced at Ara to make sure she wasn't awake.

I type a reply when I see that Yeji was online.

Me: Um.. it's 3 a.m

I add her to my contacts and soon after, a reply pops up to my message.

Yeji: I can't sleep.

Me: Thanks for breaking mine!

Yeji: Anyways, when can we meet up next?

Me: Uhm.. I'm not sure yet. I'm busy with work.

Yeji: Aw :(

I chuckle to myself, as an unexpected thought enters my mind.

Cute..

Yeji: I hope I haven't caused much trouble for you and your girl.

Me: Just a little cat fight, nothing to worry about.

Yeji: I would like to meet her one day, to make up for any damage I caused.

Me: Sure ;).. Now please.. LET ME SLEEP! Xd

Yeji:  <333 Alright, Goodnight!

____________________________________________________

She chuckles to herself as she turns off her phone, tossing it to the bottom of the bed before twirling her hair with her finger, nibbling on her bottom lip as a dark look envelops her pretty face, a contrast to the sweet talk she just had with the vulnerable man.

Sweet dreams Jimin.. Because soon enough, your mind will overflow with nightmares. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 18.4K 78
A young man who's life sends him to walk through roads that stain his gentle soul, finds himself before a job that will change his heart forever. A...
427 108 15
What will happen when an innocent, clean-chit business man will get trapped into a crime case. To the worst the Commissioner having issues- personal...
1.1K 150 16
Ha Y/n lost her brother to an accident a few months ago and has since lost to the despair of alcohol. One day she meets a person that replaces the al...
232 69 8
He is Prince jeon Jungkook, heir to a glittering throne, cast under a cloud of suspicion. The night before his coronation, the King and his twin fath...