Simply Amazing-T. Songz 1/3:E...

נכתב על ידי DreamingAlchemist

Trey Songz is a superstar with everything he could ever want. Meanwhile Carmen is a lonely and depressed Fas... עוד

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chaptern Ten 2/2
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Simply Amazing:Chapter 13
Simply Amazing:Chapter 14
Simply Amazing:Chapter 15
Simply Amazing:Chapter 16
Simply Amazing:Chapter 17
Simply Amazing:Chapter 18
Simply Amazing:Chapter 19
Simply Amazing:Chapter 20
Simply Amazing:Chapter 21
Simply Amazing:Chapter 22
Simply Amazing:Chapter 23
Simply Amazing:Chapter 24
Simply Amazing:Chapter 25
Simply Amazing:Chapter 26
Simply Amazing:Chapter 27
Simply Amazing:Chapter 28
Simply Amazing:Chapter 29
Simply Amazing:Chapter 30
Simply Amazing: Chapter 31
Simply Amazing:Chapter 32
Simply Amazing:Chapter 33
Simply Amazing:Chapter 34
Simply Amazing:Chapter 35
Simply Amazing:Chapter 36
Simply Amazing:Chapter 37
Simply Amazing:Chapter 38
Simply Amazing:Chapter 39
Simply Amazing:Chapter 40:Epilogue
Simply Amazing:Sequel

Chapter Ten. 1/2

10.8K 213 29
נכתב על ידי DreamingAlchemist

Carmen

Although I'm comfortable when I'm alone there are times where I wish I had a family. Or even a few friends.

Fiona's out touring and Riley's probably on the run somewhere. Fiona's the closest person I have right now. Recently I've acquired a sister and that's cool and all but I'm not going to welcome her into my life. There's nothing wrong with her, I'm just not use to the idea or a sibling.

Looking at my phone I noticed it was time for my therapy session. I trudged into the gym ready for whatever but I saw Neverson there and my mood changed.

He was doing push ups despite his cracked ribs, I cringed. I'm sure it's too early for him to doing something so strenuous.

I looked a bit longer than I intended and he looked over at me. I went to put my things away and returned to myself previous spot. He was gone.

I surveyed my surrounded and jumped out of my skin when I felt arms from behind me. He has a unique smell that lead me to believe that's who's behind me. "Good afternoon." I unwrapped his arms and stepped out of arms length.

He smiled and looked at me. Feeling uncomfortable, I quickly walked to Ms. Rice and she guided me to my next obstacle.

"Alrightttt let's get started! Lay your hand on the table and try to bend your arm."

My bones had settled and made it harder to move. Every time I tried it felt like my bones were going to snap.

"You got it Carmen, take your time."

For the oddest reason I found myself smiling to myself. Never have I ever encountered such patience. It made me feel better. I've always had to drive myself to get better, it felt good to have someone around that didn't rush me.

Flashback

Kristen glared at me with her hands at her hips. "You don't got all night."

"I'm trying."

"Try harder."

Ignoring the weight of my full leg cast I tried to lift my leg up. I was faced with failure again. With failure came the thick black belt.

I braced myself for the slap across my thin skin, the hit was enough to break this leg too. I thought three months after the accident I'd be healed. Normally that's not the case but I've had more body damage my nine years than most seventy year olds. It's to the point where it doesn't phase me anymore.

Kristin May

Kristin was reaching for the belt so I ignored the pain and lifted my leg as high as I could. I could feel the resistance in my joints and I knew I was going to regret this for a while but anything was better than this.

"See, I fuckin' told you. If you weren't so fuckin' lazy we could've been done already!"

I simply nodded and grabbed my crutch but the pain was nearly splitting me in half. I made the poor choice of letting a tear fall. I had made it half way up and was pushed down onto my broken leg. The pain that shot through me was beyond words, enough to make me scream but I never opened my mouth.

"I told you to stop that fuckin' crying around here. I didn't know you people cried to much." Kristin shook her head and walked out of the living room.

"Go to bed!" I looked at the clock over the tv and saw that is was four in the afternoon. Considering my other options I knew bed was the best thing for me.

End of Flashback

"Carmen..Are you alright?" The therapist asked quietly. I nodded quickly and she she told me she'd be back. I wiped at my eyes and got myself together.

Ms. Rice checked on me before heading to her office. Not long after Neverson was standing beside me and taking a hold on my arm. He straightened it and pointed to the area that was casted. "Try not to put so much pressure on here and lift from here." He pointed to my elbow I think.

Following his advice I did it and it was better than what I thought. I sighed happily. "Thank you."

"No problem." He smiled at me and I looked away. The therapist called out from her office that it was okay to go so I wasted no time leaving.

I tossed my bag across my shoulder and headed for the door. My leaker arm was kept to my side but my stronger one was swing along aside of me. Neverson caught it. Some how he twirled me toward him and I stopped directly in front. His eyebrow was raised and his head was tilted. "Why you runnin'?"

Stomped, I shrugged.
"I wasn't."

"Really?"
I nodded and unknowingly he pulled me closer. I was so caught up in the look he gave me that I didn't know his forehead was against mine.

The door behind me slammed shut and we bumped heads but I managed to fall because of it.

Neverson let out a short laugh, the kind that made his eyes squint a bit. His arm reached for me and I grabbed on. Off the ground I mumbled a thanks and made my exit.

Tremaine

As I grabbed my bag I noticed my phone going off. Here she go.

Missed calls from Nicole cellphone, Nicole's house phone, Nicole's momma, Nicole's brother and Nicole's niece which I knew were all her.

I put my shit on Do not disturb and walked out the gym before my mood changed.

On the way to my car I peeped Carmen rushing to her car. Mine was right next to her so I had a reason to go over there without her freaking out. Something I think she does anyway.

As if she knew I was approaching her she turned around and somehow she bumped into me.

Her face was blank but her eyes showed that she was scared. To make moment less awkward I tried to make conversation.

"What'chu 'bout to get into?

Her eyebrow raised and she glanced around us. "My car."

I couldn't help but smile as I shook my head. "Nah, what you gonna do later."

Suspicious as always she furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. "My residence. Why." Came out as more of a statement than an actual question.

"Just askin'." I stepped back a bit and I noticed she looked less defensive. "Wanna chill with me?"

The defense was back up and stronger. "no thank you."

"Why?"

"Why would I?"
"Cause everyone does." I smirked but her face remained blank.

"I'll rephrase, why should I?" I sighed.
"Cause we've never been on good terms before and you may not hate me if you got to know me."

"Why would I want to know you."
"Cause I want to get to know you, if you'll let me." I spoke sincerely and waited for her to say no but she slowly nodded.

"I'll have to change first." Abruptly she got in her car and I took that to mean that I should do the same. She didn't say anything, just pulled out the parking lot so I followed.

I assume that's what she meant but it's hard to tell.

•••

The building wasn't too far, Carmen took some shortcuts to shorten the distance. I pulled up beside her and met her at the door. She glanced at me probably not expecting to get out the car but shid. I'm not staying by myself out here, this deadass 4 blocks away from the hood. I'm not saying I'm scared or nothing, I'm a real ass nigga outchea but I wasn't prepared. I thought she lived in some penthouse downtown, this some other shit.

We walked up hella stairs before we got to her door. As in shape as I am I wasn't healed enough to do all that.

She walked through turning a light on and disappearing into I guess the bathroom. I closed the door and looked around.

The whole living room was small but nicely decorated, probably by Fiona.

The hall was clear and the walls were empty except for the wall going towards the kitchen.

Three huge magazines were displayed high up on the wall in glass frames.

There were some smaller frames right below them.

Underneath it said in cursive "Walking In Your Memory"
Beside the words was a picture.

I looked at the wall a little bit longer until I heard a crash. I jumped and went back to the living room. Footsteps approached and Carmen stood in the doorway in blue jeans and a gray t-shirt. She didn't have that black look but she wasn't all that friendly looking.

With a hand around around her arm and a serious stare at the ground she mumbled. "What's next?"

I shrugged and she raised an eyebrow. I didn't plan anything, I just wanted to be with her. "We can talk for a min." She trudged to sit on the arm of the couch and I figured that meant 'go'."

"How's your arm?"

"Good. How are you?"

"I'm aight. Shit, you know me." That eyebrow went up again.

"You live by yourself?" I asked, slowly turning towards her. She nodded.

"Do you?" I couldn't answer that clearly, I haven't been back home sense I got out the hospital. No telling what Nicole's on with me, I changed the locks but that never stopped her before.

"Kinda sorta, how long you been out here?"
"A couple of minutes.."
I shook my head. "LA."

"Oh um, three years."

"You from Virginia too?" Never seemed like it but that's where we first met.

"Harlem." My eyes got wide. "In New York?"
"Uh huh."

"I never would've thought." Carmen's head tilted and she squinted at me. "Why is that?"

I shrugged. "Never met any white people from Harlem." Carmen looked offended, it's not my fault. "I'm black."
"By association?"

"Get out." My mouth fell open. "Okay okay I'm sorry!" Her finger was still pointed at the door. "I'm sorry, I believe you."

Carmen sat there and gave me the shit eye. "Remember that I never knew this much about you and I'm still learning." That made her soften up and nod. "Can I ask you something?"

I got the eyebrow. "Who's the woman on your wall?"

I watched her face harden but when she spoke her words were soft, almost peaceful.

"My mother."

I blinked a few times, I never thought she had one. I mean I knew she had to have one but like the woman looks like her so she gotta be her legit mom. Thinking back I've never even seen her with a parent or and family member, it's always been just her.

"Your wall said memory. What happened to her?"
"She died."

"I'm sorry to hear that, cancer?"
"AIDS complications." She whispered.

I didn't want to ask anything else so I just nodded. It was quiet for a long time before I heard a sniffle and saw that Carmen's face was in her hands.

I got up and held her even though I'm sure she didn't want me that close. She didn't pull away she just silently cried against my shirt.

I didn't know how she felt but I know she was hurting. I was raised by all women so I know the power of the love they give. It's nothing like it and Carmen probably never got that. I couldn't think of who I'd be if I were in the same situation.

She wiped her eyes with her hands and sat up. "Sorry." Even though my shirt had a wet spot I shook my head and wrapped my arms back around her.
She didn't push me away and we just stayed there for a while.

I haven't been this calm in a long time, despite the situation I felt good. Better than I've felt in years.

The loud ringing of my phone made us jump and Carmen fell onto the couch.

I answered it but it was too much going on.
Chris was yelling loud enough to be heard without the phone. Nicole this, Nicole that.
"Alright damn."

I hung up and hung my head down. Always some dumbshit happening. "Bye." Carmen mumbled and I chuckled.

"Damn kicking me out already?"

I saw a barely noticeable smile come and go. She shook her head and glanced up. "You have to go."

"I know but could you come with me?"

I don't wanna leave but I gotta go right now. I wouldn't feel right leaving her here by herself.

Carmen shook her head but you know me. I poked my lip out and tried to give my best puppy dog face. "Pleasee." I dragged out til she turned her head away and smirk a bit. "Okay."

I pulled her up and we rushed downstairs. Well I rushed cause I know how bad Chris's temper is, Carmen casually walked down to the lot.

I nodded to my car and we was gone. Got to Chris house in half an hour. I didn't remember to give Carmen a heads up but she didn't like she gave a fuck.

I turned my key and we walked towards the commotion. Nicole stood on the kitchen island with a knife in her hand, the knife was swinging as she screamed at Chris.

Karrueche stood watching as Chris cursed Nicole out from the doorway. She looked at me when she saw Carmen but I ignored it. Probably thinking ahead Carmen got out of sight and I went to deal with this childish ass girl.

I made my presence known by tapping her leg which probably wasn't the best thing. She spun around so quick that the knife went flying across the room. Karrueche gasped and that was the last noise made.

_______________
Finally added the pictures 🤗. For those who may not know that is Gia Carangi, the first supermodel who did in-fact die of aids complications in 1986. She inspires me. The reason why I chose her to inspire this story is because a lot of people don't even know her and she had an interesting story. So when I did this story I kinda wanted to like introduce her to this generation in a way, keep her name alive I guess. Same thing I did with Lefteye and Aaliyah in my other story although they're more known than Gia but it be like that.

Although the story isn't about her I dedicate the story to
Gia Marie Carangi
January 29, 1960 – November 18, 1986
She inspired me as much as her fictional daughter Carmen whom she passed down her bravery and lowkey kickass spirit to.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

22.4K 877 26
Beyonce is an abusive relationship with jay and meeting Nicki she feels things she never felt before and she got enough courage to leave. Onika let's...
1.2K 75 10
This is a spin-off story from my original story "Chucalissa Love Triangle" you gotta read that one first to understand this one , sorry ! Anyways .. ...
2M 70.7K 22
[Caution-Mature Audience] The ORIGINAL "The Babysitter" story Re-Publishing this story as I edit each chapter. Please bare with me readers. One of...
1.8K 74 20
Trey wants to finally settle down and find a great woman to be with. He wants to turn in his playboy ways for the right woman who he'll eventually wa...