Devotion |Kylo Ren x Reader|A...

By supremexrenx

As one of the deadliest and most notorious assassins in the world, Kylo Ren has become cold and desensitized... More

~Introduction~
~The Assassin~
~Old Foes~
~The Target~
~Wake-Up Call~
~Too Many Questions~
~I've Got It Under Control~
~National Debut~
~Unguarded~
~His Sins~
~Charlotte~
~Bullet Holes~
~Relocation~
~Penny For Your Thoughts~
~Embers of Rage~
~Revenge~
~Lotte~
~Christmas~
~How It Starts~
~New Year, New Secrets~
~The Cabin~
~Letting You Go~
~Snoke~
~Come Back to Me~
~Release~
~Kylo's Truths~
~Resolve~
~Love Language~

~Flight, Fight, & Five Bodies~

4K 120 217
By supremexrenx

Kicking off your new year by listening to Kylo practically yelling into the phone in frustration wasn't exactly ideal. You had been first awoken to the sound of him slamming doors and barking orders at people, not bothering to be courteous to the person still curled up in his bed. After several attempts at falling back asleep, you give up and reach over to your phone on the nightstand. Soft clicks follow your fingers tapping across the screen.

You flinch as the bedroom door suddenly flies open. Scowling, your eyes follow Kylo storming through the room. Obviously you weren't upset that he had woken you, but you were angry with the fact that he had barged in despite not knowing you were already awake. Kylo doesn't even bother to look at you as he rips open the closet door and begins to change into his regular clothes quite aggressively.

"Kylo." You say flatly.

He huffs and steps out of the closet, darkened eyes on you as he fiddles with his shirt buttons. "Morning." It was a curt statement.

You sit up and frown at him, "what's going on?"

"Nothing you need to be concerned about. Now get dressed and start packing." He orders dismissively.

"Packing?" You echo incredulously. "How come?"

Kylo gives you a look with a mixture of exasperation and annoyance. "Maybe I'll explain later. We just need to get out of the city." His eyes momentarily flicker over your nude form as you climb out of bed. The two of you had fallen asleep in naked, sweaty heaps last night. "Get dressed."

"Not until you tell me why." You cross your arms, giving him a challenging look.

"You're not very intimidating when you're naked," he shoots back. "Get dressed. Now. I won't ask again."

Just as you open your mouth to retaliate, he flings an oversized shirt in your direction. You catch it with a huff, tugging it over your head. It is followed shortly by a pair of panties whizzing towards you. Kylo's momentary pause from the madness is shattered by the sound of his phone ringing loudly for what must have been the fifth time today. It was a miracle his new phone hadn't exploded from the constant back and forth.

"Fuck!" He exclaims furiously. Kylo turns to you and mouths 'start packing,' before answering the call with a surprisingly calm tone. "No, sir, I'm alone."

Sir? You didn't know if you had ever heard Kylo Ren calling anyone sir. Gnawing on your lip as your curiosity grows, you tag quietly after him. He seemed rather stressed now that he was talking to this 'mystery-caller.' His footsteps echo through the penthouse noisily as he paces to and fro.

"I assure you, sir, she's gone." Kylo presses his tongue to the inside of his cheek. "Yes, I-I'm aware. I thought I could get more information out of her and when I couldn't, I did what you asked." A pause. "A few days ago? No, that was no one of importance. The girl was killed the night you sent your men." He begins to grow visibly frustrated. "I'm aware. No, no, now you're not listening... I don't work for you either.... no, she's dead. Sir, I wouldn't-" Kylo is cut off by the line going dead.

You swallow nervously. "Who was that?"

His angry eyes meet yours. "I thought I told you to start packing." Kylo grits his teeth, closing his eyes to collect himself for just a moment. "Just... go. The same men as last time are going to be here to help us and then we're leaving."

"Leaving where?"

"I have another property outside of the city. Closer to the mountains. You'll like it, it's... charming." Kylo sets his phone down and the moment it leaves his hand, it begins to vibrate on the counter. He lets out a yell of frustration, sending a kick at the cabinet.

Not wanting him to get overworked, you quickly wrap your arms around his neck, grabbing his chin to pull his face back to you. He gazes down at you, shoulders still heaving from the frustrations of the morning. You smile and pull him down towards you. Kylo's hands settle on your hips as he compliantly bends forward to kiss you. He sighs against your lips, giving your hips a firm squeeze.

"Alright," he mutters. "Get packing. We can't waste anymore time."

You give him a pout and sigh dramatically. "Fine."

Kylo tugs you back one last time as you go to pull away. He presses his lips to your jaw, moving them up to your ear. "I'll make it up to you later tonight."

Tilting your head at him with a soft giggle, you grin as he tugs you against his chest and presses another kiss to your lips. Your little moment with him is interrupted by the elevator arriving with a soft ping. The doors roll apart, but Kylo doesn't release his grip around your waist. In fact, you could have sworn he had pulled you in even closer.

Your eyes follow the intimidating group of men as they enter the room. Their gazes immediately roam to you at Kylo's side. You subconsciously press yourself into his chest under their menacing stares. The Knights of Ren, or so Vicrul had dubbed them, nod stiffly to Kylo.

"How many favors do we still owe you?" The one you recognize at once as Cardo, cracks the weak joke.

"Hopefully this will be the last for a while," Kylo replies shortly.

You feel his hand subtly creeping up to the back of your neck. His fingers dip beneath your collar, feeling around for something. When he finds the thin silver chain of your necklace, he gently tugs on it. You take this as your signal to subtly free the necklace from its confines. Clearly Kylo wanted to show these men the ring hanging on the chain.

Cardo is the first to notice; his pale eyes catch on the glistening metal. His lip curves into a small smirk as he locks gazes with you. Kylo's grip on your waist tightens when he notices this.

He presses a kiss to your temple and leans down to murmur something into your ear. "Go pack your clothes."

You nod and hurry out of the room, cheeks burning as you feel the gazes of six men on your back. Their deep voices rumble through the penthouse, muffled by your bedroom door swinging shut. You scoop up one of the empty boxes that had been tossed to your floor in the commotion and begin to stuff in your clothes in pressed-down stacks.

"Hey, princess."

You whirl around, flinching at the sound of a voice. To your immediate relief, it belongs to Vicrul. He leans casually against the doorway with that familiar cocky smirk and his arms crossed.

"I haven't seen you since last year." He winks. Of course he would be the one to make that joke. "Kylo sent me in here to help you pack. I don't think he trusts the Knights alone with you." Vicrul pulls you into a hug. "Let's get to it."

You sigh and follow him into the closet, eying him watchfully as he begins to place your clothes into another empty box. Figuring he was capable enough, you move to Kylo's side and begin to neatly fold his shirts and pressed pants.

"Princess," Vicrul's smirking voice interrupts your process. "Does this belong to you?"

Your cheeks heat up as he dangles the black lingerie in front of your face. As you shoot out to snap it back, he yanks it out of your reach.

"Vicrul!" You scold.

Vicrul chuckles as you brace a hand against his chest in an attempt to pull back what is yours. This sends you both toppling to the ground with you all but sprawled on top of him and still trying to reach the lingerie through a fit of laughter.

"I hope I'm not interrupting." Kylo's annoyed tone freezes you both in your tracks. He gives Vicrul a look and the man hands your lingerie back.

"Ky," you roll your eyes. "It's just harmless fun, don't be so-"

"We don't have time for fun." He snaps. "Keep going so we can finish up."

You open your mouth to protest, but he is gone before you can get a word out. Vicrul shoves the last of your clothes into the box and folds the top down, kicking the box aside carelessly. He sits with his back against the wall and one knee drawn up to his chest.

"Well, well, look at you." He grins. "I like the ring."

Your hand automatically lifts to touch the ring hanging from your neck. "I figured I would join the fan-club."

Vicrul tilts his head at you. "Kylo's been on edge all morning, hasn't he?"

"Who's he been talking to?" The question falls quickly from your lips.

"I don't think I can tell you that," he shakes his head.

Pouting and scooting closer, you clasp your hands together. "Please."

Vicrul bites his lip. "That's extortion. As much as I like to see you begging on your knees for me, I'll have to pass." He moves to get up, but is stopped by your hand on his knee.

"You saw me naked without my permission. I think you owe it to me." You raise an eyebrow. "Or maybe I could just tell Kylo that you've been trying to make moves on me."

"He wouldn't believe you."

"Want to bet?"

Vicrul chuckles, shaking his head. "Manipulation isn't a good look on you, princess. You've been hanging around Kylo for too long." He sighs. "He's been talking to someone named Snoke. That's all you get."

Snoke.

That name from one of the newspaper clippings in Kylo's box. Why would he be talking to him... about you? He had claimed you were dead. Why was he trying to protect you? Kylo, the assassin, kidnapping you and taking you in. Faking your death to someone he had called sir, no less. Snoke was someone with power. Someone who wasn't to be meddled with. Your face falls.

"I'm the target, aren't I?"

Vicrul's head snaps up to you. "What?" He looked in awe of you.

"Snoke hired Kylo to kill me." Your brow furrows. "But why?"

"That's enough." He gets to his feet quickly. "If Kylo finds out that you figured things out, he'll have both of our heads on a platter. Don't. Do the right thing here and keep your mouth shut."

"And why me? Why would he target me?" You demand. "Why didn't Kylo kill me when he had the chance? Why did he kidnap me? Why didn't you kill me and take the money for yourself? Why-"

Vicrul suddenly grabs you and shoves you against a wall. His hand grips your jaw tightly, taking your breath away. Your eyes widen as he slams his lips against yours, passionately kissing you as his hands roam over your waist.

He pulls away momentarily, chest heaving as he stares into your eyes. "That's why."

Your lips part in confusion. "Vicrul, I-"

How could he have done a thing so rash? Sure, his flirting was endless but you had never expected him to truly act on it in such a way. Especially not while Kylo was pattering around the apartment, already in a sour mood. His eyes glitter like he had won something; there was something quite victorious about his expression. It threw you off.

"No," he interrupts, lips brushing over yours. "I've wanted you more than anything ever since I saw you. For once, let me have this moment." He swallows. "Let me have something that Kylo doesn't."

"Is that how you see it?"

Vicrul whirls around. "Kylo-"

Kylo looked furious. His fists curling at his sides and practically shaking from how hard he was clenching them. "You've wanted her... since you first saw her. She's mine. Just because we've shared in the past doesn't mean anything."

"She's different, I know. Why the fuck do you think I want her too?" Vicrul snaps.

You were like a child caught in the middle of their parents arguing. They were talking about you like you weren't even there. Their insults fly back and forth, shooting over your head. You had seen them have small tiffs here and there, but nothing like this. And you certainly didn't want to be in between such dangerous men.

"Come here." Kylo reaches towards you. "Doll, come on."

You sheepishly start towards Kylo, wanting nothing more than to disappear now, only to be pulled back rather roughly by Vicrul. His fingers dig into your arm, his eyes looked almost pleading. Although you didn't mind him, your choice would always be clear. It would always be Kylo.

"You can't just order her around!" Vicrul argues.

Kylo lunges forward and slams Vicrul against the wall, gripping him tightly by his dress shirt and breaking his grasp on you. "If you ever grab her like that again, I'll kill you." He wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you to his side. "She's mine."

Vicrul scowls. "Fine. I'll fucking leave if that's what you want."

"Get the fuck out of here then!" He shoots back harshly.

"ENOUGH!"

Both men fall silent, heads whipping around to you in shock. Given your hatred for confrontation, they certainly hadn't been expecting you to speak up. You glare between them, scowling at their anger.

"I'm not something you can just pass around when you get fucking tired of it. Get out of my way." You snap to Kylo, eyes now angry with him as well.

"Doll," Kylo reaches for your hand again.

You snatch it back. "I'm sick of the secrets and I'm sick of being treated like I'm not even here. Move."

Kylo reluctantly releases you. His eyes follow you as you storm out of the closet and from the room. He winces as the door slams shut and the sound reverberates through the penthouse. He didn't care to admit it, but you were right. Besides, Vicrul was one of the few people he could truly trust. This was not something he wanted to ruin over something so silly.

"Listen," Vicrul sighs. "She's just..." He didn't have to finish

"I know. Believe me... I know..."

He tilts his head at Kylo. "I never thought I would live to see the day. Do you have feelings for her?"

Kylo chews the inside of his cheek, "I don't-"

The two of them are cut off by the sound of five muffled popping noises. A moment of silence envelopes the apartment, followed by the softest of whimpers. Both men knew that sound all too well. It made Kylo's blood run cold and his heart to plummet in his chest. Without further hesitation, both Kylo and Vicrul draw their guns. The door to the bedroom is nearly blown off its hinges by the sheer force of him kicking it open. The men fly into the kitchen, guns pointed at the potential threat.

What Kylo sees next would be a sight he would never forget. The Knights, sprawled across the floor atop pools of crimson blood. Each was shot directly in the forehead or the back of their skulls. Bodies laid in unnatural and dead eyes glassy; hair matted in the puddles of blood. It was clear none of them even had a chance to draw their weapons. And there you were. You were standing in the center of it all, bare feet coated in blood, body trembling and hands raised as a familiar man points a gun at you.

"H-Hux."

Kylo blinks. How did you know the bastard's name? This, however, was not the time for such questions. The only thing Kylo was focused on now, was protecting the woman held at gunpoint.

"Ah, so he's mentioned me." Hux drawls, pale eyes flickering over to Kylo. "Well, well, good of you to join us."

Kylo grits his teeth. "Drop the fucking gun or we'll shoot."

Hux calmly poises his finger over the trigger. "You shoot and the girl gets a bullet between her eyes." He looks you up and down. "You know, for a girl you claimed was dead, she looks very alive."

"Leave her out of this," Vicrul grips his gun tightly.

"Leave her out of this?" Hux echoes with a cold laugh. "This has always been about her. Don't worry, she'll live a little longer. I'll take her to Snoke myself and then kill her for him. Just so you don't take credit." He smiles cruelly. "Snoke won't be pleased when he finds out you've been double-crossing him. All of this for what? To protect her?"

You shudder as Hux steps closer to you. Your entire body was trembling and your stomach was twisting in knots. It was horribly difficult not to glance to the side and see the five bodies strewn around you. They hadn't even had a chance. The warm liquid beneath your feet was making you horrendously nauseous, knowing what it was.

"Kylo," you whimper helplessly. This man would not hesitate to shoot you if you moved.

"It's okay, doll. I'm here." His baritone voice coming from behind you provides momentary comfort. "Don't be scared. It's all going to be okay."

At this, Hux lets out another cold laugh. His pale eyes glitter maliciously. "I see now. All of this... for a little bit of pussy. I don't know whether to congratulate you or condemn you for it."

"Drop your fucking gun and we can settle this." Kylo orders.

He was good at masking any signs of fear. You were not. In fact, you were shaking like a leaf. It had all happened so fast. One minute you were storming into the kitchen and in the next you were standing in the center of the five bodies. Your eyes momentarily flicker down to Cardo laying between you and Hux. He had been the only one who had had a chance to react. He could have drawn his gun, but he had shielded you with his body instead.

Perhaps you had been wrong about him after all.

Releasing a ragged breath, you begin to realize that Hux would not be the type to let both Kylo and Vicrul go. The two of them would die either way. This whole situation would end in bloodshed. Kylo would gladly leap in front of you to take another bullet; you didn't know if you could bear witnessing that.

"Let me go," you whisper dryly. "Let them go and I'll go willingly."

"No." Kylo hisses. "What are you doing? Let me handle this."

You look back at him, hands still hanging in the air. The tears pooling in your eyes slip down your face. "I won't watch you get hurt." The look on his face pained you more than anything.

"Princess, don't."

"Princess?" Hux mocks with a cold laugh. "I have to say, I wasn't expecting this shit from Kylo but this is just too good to be true. No wonder you didn't hand her over either, Vicrul, you like her too. Has this whore fucked you both, is that it? Was she really that good? Let's see if she'll let me have a go later."

Kylo takes a threatening step forward. "Touch her and I swear I'll-"

"Kylo," you interrupt with a shaking voice. "No." Looking back to Hux with trembling hands, you slowly begin to lower them. "I'll go with you."

Hux reaches forward and snatches you by the wrist, yanking you to his side. As both Kylo and Vicrul quickly move, he swings the gun around and presses the barrel to the side of your head.

"I could kill her right here and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It would be worth it, seeing the looks on your face. Killing her is going to put me in Snoke's favor. That bastard is going to regret replacing me with Pryde." Hux snarls, pressing the gun harder into your temple.

You whimper, eyes flickering pleadingly to Vicrul. His gaze moves from Hux, back to you. Subtly, without your captor noticing, he raises a finger and taps it against his wrist. After a few moments, you understand what he is trying to say. You had seen Kylo disarm someone before; he always went swiftly for the wrist. This was risky but it might have been your only chance.

Heart pounding out of your chest, you look to Kylo for help. His wild eyes were stuck flickering from you to Hux. You had never seen him so desperate before. You wrench your eyes shut for a moment, weighing your limited options. Taking a deep breath, you glance back to Kylo and give him a stiff nod. His lips twitch, grip on the gun tightening.

With one swift motion, you bring your left arm up, crossing it over your chest. Hux's eyes widen as your wrist catches his. You rip your wrist down as hard as you can, flinching as the sound of a gun echoes through the penthouse. A sharp ringing noise fills your ears as a rip of pain explodes in your arm. With the adrenaline pumping through your veins, it must have been much less noticeable than it should have been.

A second loud bang follows the first. It is accompanied with a yell of pain from Hux. The pale-faced man stumbles backwards, gripping his shoulder in agony as blood spills onto his white shirt. Just as Kylo steps forward to finish him off, Hux yanks you in front of him; this time, not threatening you with a gun, but rather, using you as a human shield. Kylo lowers the gun as Hux slams his fist against the button for the elevator.

"You're going to f-fucking regret this, Ren!" He spits through the pain.

The doors roll open and Hux steps inside. He gives you a rough push towards Kylo, sending you stumbling forwards. The last thing you see of him is his color-drained, sneering face. You wince as Kylo grips the sides of your face tightly.

"Are you hurt?" He demands. "Are you fucking crazy? What were you thinking?"

Vicrul nudges him and gestures towards your forearm. "Kylo."

Kylo turns you gently and curses at the side of blood drenching the dark sleeve of the t-shirt. Brows furrowing as he chews his lip, he pulls up the short sleeve. Blood was dripping from the surface wound kn your upper-arm. It looked like a deep gash had been struck through your skin.

"The bullet must have grazed you. Maybe a few stitches, at most, nothing serious." Kylo mutters.

"I don't think that's the damage." Vicrul winces as he observes you.

Frowning deeply, Kylo steps back to look at you. Your eyes were dropped to the floor, body shaking violently. He follows your roaming gaze over the bodies of the men and the blood staining your feet. Kylo quickly scoops you up into his arms, carrying you into the bathroom to get you cleaned up.

"Vicrul, call in a favor for me. I need men moving all of these boxes out and someone to take care of the b... situation in the kitchen. I'm going ahead and taking her to the house." Kylo orders absentmindedly as he cleans the blood from your feet.

"Sure thing."

Kylo tightly wraps your arm in gauze and a thick white bandage. He picks up the hoodie he had carried with him and gently tugs it over you. You couldn't even react; you were frozen and staring blankly ahead with the tears slowly drying on your face.

The next thing you know, cold air is stinging at your face as Kylo carries you out to his car. It is quickly replaced by the warmth of the Mercedes as the doors shut and the engine springs to life.

Silence envelopes the car. Kylo's hands tightly grip the wheel as he glances between you and the road. The drive would take two or three hours tops. He hoped you would like the mountains more than the city. All of the snow and the serenity of the forest. Not to mention the cabin was much less lavish than what you were used to. Sighing heavily, Kylo glances over to you in the passenger's seat.

You hadn't said a single word. Your glassy eyes were glued to the rushing landscape as city slowly fades to farm. Kylo couldn't understand it. With anyone else, he would have viewed this dead silence as weakness. But you? You were strong in ways he would never comprehend. Neglecting parents, verbal and physical abuse, getting kidnapped, flung into a life you would never understand, taking someone's life, seeing the bodies, being held at gunpoint. No wonder your body had had enough and just shut itself down.

Perhaps it was time Kylo reminded you of that.

"You did good today," he starts rather stiffly. He didn't know if you could hear him or not in your disassociated state, but it was worth a try. "I'm... proud... of you." His hand slowly settles on your bare thigh. "My strong girl."

As Kylo's thumb traces comforting circles against your skin, he couldn't help but think about it. All of it. Everything that had happened was because he had put you through it. He had broken you in ways a person couldn't even dream of being broken.

"I don't know if you can hear me..." he trails off, "but I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." Kylo grips your icy hand and brings it to his lips. "How can you keep forgiving me?"

Kylo didn't know, but you had heard every word of it.

And, truthfully, you didn't know how you could either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 990 38
TRIGGER WARNINGS - EVERYTHING !!!! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO REAL-LIFE VIOLENCE AND HORRORS, PLEASE SKIP MY STORIES COMPLETELY INSTEAD OF REPORTING THE...
365K 8.4K 70
You are Boba Fett's granddaughter and like your father and grandfather, you carry on the Fett tradition as the Galaxy's Finest Bounty Hunter. You pl...
68.2K 2.1K 58
!!Please read warnings before reading!! 18+ only!! Mafia!KyloRen x MC Mr. Kylo Ren is the CEO of Bank of Ren and he is the richest man in New York C...
54.6K 1K 12
❝takes one to know one ❞ β€’ [Modern AU] β€’ After a calamitous tragedy cleaves the Solo family in two, a mother transforms into the enemy of her own son...