His Signed Up Babe

By MabelOsagiede

"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then... More

Author's note
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°17°
°18°
Author's POV
°19°
°20°
°21°
My Gift to You!
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
° 27 °
° 28 °
° 29 °
° 30 °
° 31 °
It's Me vs You
°32°
°33°
A/N
°34°
° 35 °
° 36 °
° 37 °
° 38 °
Pls Read🥺
° 39 °
° 40 °
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃
Instagram Handle
Now a PUBLISHED WRITER in Nigeria

°16°

1.7K 409 40
By MabelOsagiede

Hello, guys! I have a spiritual book I'm working on. If you want to join me so we can help each other grow spiritually the book is open for you. I hope to get more readers who will be willing to contribute to it and to share their opinion. God loves you and he sent his Only Son to die for you. Feel free to check the book. Thank you. Mwahh! 😘

*********

"Not really. I admire the fact that doctors save life. Scientist has helped the world to develop. That's amazing"

"Yeah! While you count naira notes, we deal with human body"

He chuckled. We resumed eating our ice cream as we chatted. Laughing. Just enjoying the breeze and the cold air. We came early to the beach so we had the whole day to enjoy ourselves. Our stomach felt tight when we were half way through the big bucket of ice cream.

Prince had his driver return them to his car and we lay on the mat. We wore our sunglasses as we stared at the blue sky. I decided a good music would be great at this moment.

I picked my phone and earpiece from my bag. I played my best track. I placed one of the speaker in my right ear and since I was laying at Prince's left, I placed the other in his left ear. He was shocked and stared at my phone. He didn't expect me to share my earpiece with him. I rolled my eyes and said, "I want you to hear the best musics in the world".

He snorted, "Rap music?"

"I love all kinds of music but I seem to enjoy this artist's track. Listen! Aren't you hearing the beat? His lyrics are also rhyming"

Prince nodded his head to the beat. "Not bad!" he voiced, placed his hand behind his head on the mat and gazed at the sky. I did the exact thing he had done and gazed at the sky too. He turned to me and smirked.

So handsome! I thought when his pink lips had curved.

"After this little rest, we must ride a horse. Deal?"

"Deal!" he nodded. We lay on our blue mat in a comfortable silence, humming to the music. I decided to play a soft music after two minutes the song ended. I rose a little as I glanced at Prince. I wanted to ask his opinion about the music. When my eyes landed on his face, I took off his glasses. My eyes widened when I noticed his eyes were shut and his even breaths.

He fell asleep? You've got to be kidding me.

Instead of putting his glass back, I just propped on my elbow and took my time to stare at his face.

I definitely don't have feelings for him. He looks like a guy I want to have as a friend. I even feel we will have an amazing friendship. But one thing about me is that I like to admit the fact. Personally, I am also optimistic because of my profession. I like to encourage my patients to be strong and fight every battles that come their ways. The fact here is that Prince is so handsome. I can't get enough of it.

The man's angular cheekbones, perfectly accentuated his face. His plump pink lips was framed by neatly trimmed beard. His brows was a little messy so I slid my thumb on it to put it in place. I did it for both brows and he moved. His face turned to me and he used his arms as a pillow as he slept. He looked so hot but calm. I could tell he hadn't slept well for a long time typical workaholic so I allowed him to enjoy his sleep while I tried to take a few selfies.

A wicked thought came to my mind and I took pictures of Prince asleep. All of them were great.

When I looked around me, some men in the beach had their lustful eyes on me. One of them caught my eyes and smirked at me. I scowled and hissed. The idiot saw my obviously rude response as a permission for him to walk up to me. He glanced at Prince who was asleep and a mischievous grin took over his face. His eye lit up as he shamelessly checked me out.

"What's up beautiful?" he asked in a soft voice. Probably trying not to wake Prince.

I hissed and forced my attention on my phone. The guy squatted beside me and asked, "You want to get something to eat? We can hang out till your friend here wakes up".

I took a good look at the guy. From some reason, I felt like he was a rich spoilt brat that came to the beach looking for hot chicks to toy with. He is stupid to think I will fall for his lines. Idiot.

I didn't want to talk because I knew if I did. It would make the guy stick around. Even if I insulted him, I was sure he was stubborn enough to stay. As I chatted on my phone with one of my colleagues in the hospital, I felt a fingertip run down my arm. When I cocked my head, the pervert was beside me. His hungry gaze fixed on my skin as he licked his lips.

"I can rock your world, sweetie. Come with me. I will make you happy. Let me entertain you. A beauty like you shouldn't sit alone"

"I'm not alone, idiot. My boyfriend is right beside me"

He glared at Prince and shrugged, "He left a beautiful woman unattended. So I will take his place. I'll snatch you from him".

I growled and sent daggers at him. "Don't force me to do what both of us won't like," I fumed.

His eyes sparkled with amusement as he leaned closer to me.

This stupid, slim dude wants trouble oo!

"What will you do to me?" he asked in a husky voice and smirked.

"I'll use my knee to crush your balls. You will forever regret the day you laid a finger on my arm," I raged.

He let out a soft, light laughter and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He just declared war.

I pulled his arm away, gripped his wrist and twisted his hand. I learnt it from a friend. It's my way of torturing anyone who dared to touch me. He bit his lip and scrunched his face.

"Ah!" he cried out in pain. His friends suddenly gather around my mat. They didn't even feel threatened by Prince's presence. Did they think he was in a deep sleep and won't notice their presence?

I dragged my gaze to Prince who looked deep in his sleep.

Well...as long as I'm here, he must notice their presence.

I leaned close to Prince and ran my fingers through his soft hair. I tapped his chin and whispered, "Prince, darling. Wake up!"

I glanced at the guys who snickered. "Let your boyfriend sleep. Don't be so cruel," they jeered and let out mocking laughter.

"Prince!" I whispered and his eyes fluttered open.

"Mmm..." he mumbled and shut his eyes again.

"Prince, some guys are around us right now and they are harassing me. I need your help"

Prince's reaction made me smirk. That did the job! He had snapped to reality, his eyes wide as he looked around us. The guys confidently stood at their spot with a smug look on their face.

Prince rose to his feet, clenched his fist and glowered at them. "What are you doing here?" he snarled.

"We came to entertain your babe. You shouldn't leave her unattended," the previous jerk said with an air of confidence.

"He is their ringleader," I informed Prince.

Swiftly, Prince gripped his shirt and pulled him to his feet. I could only see his back but whatever expression he had made the pervert frightened. "Get your stupid gang out of here. I don't ever want to see you around her. Clear?"

He nodded frantically and scrambled off with his friends following him.

I looked at Prince, amused. I wished I could see the expression he showed the pervert that made him run for his dear life. Curiosity swallowed me whole and I probed, "How did you do it? How did you make him scared?"

"I know I can be intimidating. So I just looked him straight in the eye with a frown on my face. I think it did the trick"

I nodded in response. "But would you have punched him if necessary?"

"Yes! If necessary! I don't encourage violence but if necessary, I will punch hard," he smirked and bounced his clenched fist in the air.

I chuckled and glanced at the direction the perverts had fled earlier.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep. I'm supposed to be by your side. I shouldn't even let them close to you. I'm your lifeguard for today. Did they touch you?"

"Yes! And I twisted his wrist," I smiled with pride.

Prince's lips curved in a genuine smile. "I guess my body needs rest. Like hours of sleep. I've been depriving it that"

"Stop being cruel to your body. Do you want me to give you a long lecture on the important of appropriate sleep to human body. I have a lot of information to share regarding that"

"No, thank you!" he exclaimed and chuckled.

"So let's do the next thing on our list for today"

"And that is?"

"Horse riding, Hotshot! Horse riding," I squealed.

Yeah! I forgot to inform you that we had horses in this beach. This is the Eleko beach in Lagos. Prince and I met one of the men that controlled the horses. We paid him a sum of money and he allowed me on the horse. The horse moved slowly on the sandy soil. It was high and for a moment, I felt like a cowgirl. I gave Prince my phone and he took pictures of me.

After a while on the horse, it was then Prince's turn. He hopped on it. As the horse moved, I exclaimed, "Prince, turn to me. I want to take pics".

He glanced at me for a second and looked away. "I don't like taking pictures," he voiced.

"Nonsense! How can you not like taking pictures? With that your fine face? You well?"

He snorted and shook his head as the horse moved forward. "I just don't like it. I know I'm handsome. I take pictures when I feel like. But I don't like to".

"Trust me, Prince. You are the weird one between the both of us," I hissed.

He shrugged.

I held my phone and glared at it. But I want picture of him on the horse. He looks so great.

"Ouch!" I shrieked, pretending to be hurt. Prince's head snapped to my direction. "Now, smile!" I said and took the picture. Before he could glare at me, the picture was taken and he had a serious look in it.

"Prince is a boring dude!" I declared. He later got down form the horse and I pleaded to have another ride. He allowed me though he wasn't comfortable with it. According to him, horses can also be dangerous.

Why is he so overprotective? Aargh! It's nice of him to care though.

"Can this horse run?" I asked.

The young man glanced at the horse and then sent a look that says Are you dumb? He cleared his throat and replied, "All horse with good complete four legs can run!"

"So why is this one not running?"

"We don't want it to run in the beach or it can hurt someone"

"Oh!" My eyes darted around the beach. The beach was spacious and it looked scanty since most guests were reclining in the huts in the beach. "We can do it now. No one is in our way".

"Your oga will not let me"

I peered at Prince who had his attention on his phone.

"Can we just do it now? He's not watching"

"He gave me an instruction and I can't disobey him. He paid me good cash. I dey loyal to your oga"

"Fine! Let me just walk around on the horse"

He nodded and let go of the slatch of the rope tied around the horse's face.

I walked for a while and got bored. No! I got so curious that I wanted to feel how it would be on a running horse. I was eager for adventure and a new experience so I pulled on the rope laced to the horse teeth. Before I did this, I actually said a little prayer. It rose and then galloped to the other side of the beach. My scream echoed as he ran and abruptly stopped. By the time the man in control of the horse reached my side, my heart had leapt out of my body. Prince helped me down and from that day, I never remained the same. That was kind of a life or death situation. The way the horse ran, I thought it would never stop or that I would fall.

My legs still wobbled while I sat in the hut at the beach. Prince handed a bottle of water to me as he glared at me.

"I repeat, you are stubborn!" he said with a frown.

"And like I said before, I know," I said while letting out a throat laughter.

He dragged his hands through his hair in frustration and asked, "Are you hurt?"

"Nope! My heart is just racing," I replied. "Anyhow, best outing ever!"

He cocked a brow.

"Didn't you enjoy yourself?"

"Well...I did"

"Now that I think of it, I wish your ex-girlfriend could see this. It will hurt her"

"What?"

"Your ex, Amarachi! If she sees pictures of us together. It will annoy her."

"Oh!" he smirked. "Yeah! You're right".

"Does she check your whatsapp status?" I asked.

"Yeah! She is addicted to it. I don't even post interesting information but she always check it out," He informed me.

"Good!" I smirked and crossed my legs as I sat on a bench. "Let's take some good couple pics that will make Amarachi weep".

"So what pics are we taking?"

"I think I have some ideas"

"Like what?"

"Hm...Where is your phone? It's iPhone right?"

"Yes!" he pulled it out of the back pocket of his trouser and handed it to me.

I took it and went straight to the camera. He was sitting beside me on the bench and I leaned on his shoulder. I brought the camera to our faces and took a picture. I pouted and he looked at the camera with a calm look. I took the picture and laughed a little. "Why didn't you smile?"

He shrugged. He glanced at the picture and chuckled. "Let's do a video!" he suggested.

"Sure thing!"

We were looking into the camera as he did different expressions during the video. I pouted and batted my lashes. He smirked and I smiled at how handsome he was. I leaned and pecked his cheek. The video ended that way. I quickly posted it in his and my status.

As for his status, I wrote At the beach with my hotest babe.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"What?"

"Hottest babe?"

"Aren't I hot?"

"You are!"

"You see!"

"This post will reign. No ome has ever seen such a post in my status. They are all going to ask who you are."

"You're right. I should be specific"

And I wrote, #My Awesome girlfriend.

"What the hell? I don't talk like that. Ah! My friends will surely know my phone was hijacked".

As for my phone, I wrote beneath our video Spending a lovely time with my boyfriend. At that moment, replies were sent to me from my friends.

Prince's driver brought all the snacks and drinks. There were a pepperoni pizza, two shawarma, two meatpies and fruit drinks. We were chatting and eating.

"So you love chicken?"

"I don't know why but I love chicken. Boiled, fried, roasted, grilled....name it"

"Why?"

"I think because it's just sweet. Mostly when it is seasoned well"

He cleared his throat and drank a chug of his orange drink. He glanced at me through his lashes. "Are you sure you aren't related to...hmm....a chicken?"

"What?" I lunged at him and punched his shoulder. "Are you for real?"

"Anita, you can't blame me. There is always reason for something and I think yours..."

"Shut up!" I punched his hand and went back to the other side of the table. Prince had insisted a plastic chair and table was set for us to eat under the sun and close to the beach. I sat down and glared at him.

His phone rang. He picked it up and glanced at the caller ID. Suddenly, his brows knitted. "Amarachi is calling!"

I bit out of my slice of pizza and gave him thumbs up. As soon as I swallowed it, I gestured for him to give it to me. He did and I swiped across the screen to accept the call.

"Prince, my love! Prince. Tell me this video and pictures are fake!" she whisper-yelled.

He rose a brow. He stood up, lifted his plastic chair and came to my side. He sat down and smirked.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked and twirled a braid around my finger. The smile on my face could tell any stranger thatI was here for trouble.

"You! You! You witch. You are after my fiance, eh?"

"Oh, my! Amarachi? Hi! How are you? It's me, Anita. Prince's girlfriend. What's up?"

"You are mad!"

"Is that why you called?"

"Give the phone to Prince"

"He is busy. We are at the beach right now. Call later. That's if he has your time"

"Just give him the phone. I know he wants to talk me"

"Nah! We were just kissing before you called," I exclaimed.

Prince's eyes shot up and his mouth opened. I slapped my hand on his mouth when I noticed he was about to talk.

"You interrupted us, you know. He is angry with you"

"Anita, if I catch you. I will slap you"

"Come and slap me na. You should know me by now. I don't need cutleries for you to chop better slap. Slap me once. I will slap you four times."

"Give him the phone now!" she yelled into the phone, I squeaked and pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Prince, be patience. I know you want to kiss me. Calm down," I said in a husky tone.

His eyes widened some more. My hand were still on his mouth. I put the phone far away from me and tried to suppress the urge to burst into laughter.

I brought the phone close to me. "Ehen! As I was saying, he is..." I paused when Prince licked my hand. I gasped and looked at him with a look of disbelief. "Eww!" I mouthed but still pressed my hand on his mouth. He licked again ans the weird sensation ran down my hands and made butterflies fluttered in my belly. "Ah, Prince! Hehe!" I said to get Amarachi's attention. "Prince, calm down!"

"Prince! Prince! Answer me! Prince, I will destroy Anita oo!"

I took my hand off Prince's mouth and leaned close to him, resting my head on his shoulder. "Prince darling, do you want to talk to Amarachi?"

"Nah! I don't have time for her. Just for you. Cut the call so I can kiss you"

My lips spread into a wide smile. Our eyes met and he smiled at me.

For a moment, I imagined kissing him. I won't lie. I won't regret it.

Quickly, I pulled my thought away from it.

"Aargh! Prince, you have forgotten who my father is, abi? You will see what I will do to your stupid girlfriend. I will erase her from your life and then, take a permanent spot in your heart. You know I love you right?"

"Awwn! The obsessed witch admitted that I'm Prince's girlfriend. That's a progress. What do you think Prince?"

Prince leaned close to his phone "My angel, can I kiss you? I'm seriously impatient now!" The way he said it, my eyes went round. That was the sexiest voice ever!

"Hehe! Calm down. Kate is on the line"

"Aargh! Thunder fire the both of you. I will destroy you, Anita. I swear! I will strangle you. Stay away from my fiance"

"Bye, Amarachi. I'm impatient," Prince leered.

"Wait..." Before Amarachi could complete her statement, he terminated the call.

He looked at me and I just stared back at him with my mouth slightly opened.

"What?" he asked with a smile.

"I didn't know you could play along so well. And do you know you have the ability to trap any woman of your choice?" I asked.

He tossed his head back as he let out a barks of laughter. "Then I should try trapping you, what do you think sweetheart?"

I gasped and slapped his arm. "Don't even dare it? I won't fall"

Actually. his voice can trap me. His looks can trap me. Can I be able to resist him? Um...Kinda. I'm a tough babe.

I looked at the beach, my head still on his shoulder. "Now, we need to think of the next card that we will play. We need Amarachi to break and give up," I spoke out.

"Thanks for destroying that relationship"

"You are welcome. Is there any other relationship that needs to be destroyed?"

"Long live that great destroyer," he teased me. I chuckled and shut my eyes, breathing in the fresh air.

Resting my head on his shoulder, this feels too good. Lord, bless me oo. I need correct boyfriend. Not one that is after my body. I don tire for those men.

         ---------------------
Thank you to all my readers! I know we are all having a busy day but the fact that you created time to read my book made my day. I'm happy and grateful.

So did you enjoy this chapter? What do you think? Any comments!

Who felt the burn Anita gave Amarachi. What do you think?

Is Anita a funny woman? I will say yes! What do you think?

Our Anita is also stubborn oo 😂

Did you enjoy their fake drama to Amarachi? I did 😋

Thanks for reading. Vote! Vote! Vote!

That's right,
Itz Mabel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 9.5K 47
Do you know any other Zoeya Aliyu?. Its your wedding card and better get prepared you are getting married in two weeks!". For a moment there I went n...
58.3K 15.2K 42
*******Nigerian Yoruba themed novel******* Meet the family of a rich man Wale Bello with his daughters and thier complicated lives. ------ Were the B...
72.6K 10.7K 44
|| Farida was no doubt a hard worker. She was never one to back down from a task and everyone at work loved her for that. Well, everyone but her bos...
411K 26.2K 37
"I know you only care, not because you love me, but because you love what is in me." She said and turned away, afraid of what he was going to say, ho...