Impervious

By Nekroull

A young teenager's life is altered in a way that leads him towards the path that he was meant to embrace. More

Impervious

320 0 0
By Nekroull

        In this world there are remarkable people that want to help others. Every person makes different choices that can alter their future. There are some people that are driven by kindness and courage. On the other hand, hatred is a part of life that you cannot escape. It is an emotion you get from something or someone you despise. Some people use their anger against others to make themselves feel better. However, there are times when those that cause a great deal of harm to someone find themselves victims of someone else because they did not consider the consequences of their hateful rage. The best thing to do is to learn to channel your emotions in a constructive way. The best thing to do is to focus on the best qualities that we possess and improving our defective mannerisms. Some people learn to mature by themselves and others find something or someone that teaches them how to improve who they really are.  

      My name is Laura Mazur and I am one of the people that lives in Zionsville, Indiana. My whole life has passed by in this town. Zionsville is where my heart and soul has always been. It is in this place that I met my future husband Jeff Zapte. When I was younger I could tell that many of the boys were interested in me because I had developed at an early age. This made my parents very nervous, especially my dad Tom Mazur who worked in a car dealership as a salesman. My dad always told me that you know when you meet someone special when they are willing to put the well being of another person before their own. Those words had always held a deep significance in my life. The way that I met my husband was under a set of strange circumstances.

     Jeff was rather a shy boy that only had one friend at school named Arnold Haith. The two of them were considered to be geeks even though they were fairly attractive. Jeff was always into video games and he was a very good mechanic who got to work on cars in his father's garage named Zapte's Garage. Jeff also looked up to his older cousin Frank who was a successful lawyer that lived near his home. Meanwhile, Arnold was into drawing and he liked to go see movies at the local theatre. The past was a safer and simple time back then as I remember, but in our senior year trouble had moved to Zionsville in the form of Chuck Coda. Chuck was a troubled kid that was always in a bad mood and he did not like to socialize with anyone. The bullies from the school did not mess with him because of his towering physique. My husband Jeff told me that one day one of the bullies from school named Ryan James had chased him into the abandoned factory of Bloomhall Industries whom everyone in town thought that it was haunted and he hid deep within the place which made Ryan go and look for Jeff somewhere else. It was in that place that Jeff found a chemical gas tank that said Xarax on the outside which he accidentally cracked open when he ran into it while trying to hide from Ryan. The other Xarax gas tank next to the one Jeff came in contact with appeared to also have been opened as it had a pickaxe that made a hole in the gas tank. Everything happened so fast as Jeff inhaled the Xarax gas and his life would change from that moment onward. When Jeff inhaled the gas he was knocked out unconscious. What Jeff did not realize was that in the shadows there was a large make mastiff dog named Casey that saw everything that happened to Jeff.

     A few hours went by and when Jeff regained his senses he ran away from Bloomhall Industries as if his life depended on it. Jeff felt safe when he got home. His parents were worried since they were not able to find out where he was and they were worried when they called Arnold's parents and they found out that he wasn't with Arnold since they always went out together. Jeff was scolded for arriving late at night by his parents Beatrice and Hank. Jeff took a hot shower and then he went to sleep. After being asleep for some time he began having visions of something that was moving towards the Windows of a house. The house belonged to Chuck Coda's parents and Jeff could see how Chuck's father Larry beat him up for trying to stop him from hitting his wife Lorna. The next vision that Jeff had showed him the window of Chuck's room and he could see that when Chuck took off his shirt that his body was covered in bruises. He also saw that Chuck had a couple of posters from Marvel's Punisher on the wall. Chuck turned around because he thought that someone was watching him and as he looked through the window he saw a big male mastiff that was looking at him through the window. Chuck had a couple of leftovers on the plate that he had in his room and he gave it to the mastiff. The dog had an old name tag around his neck that had the name Casey on it and that the dog belonged to someone named Cary Bloomhall and it had an address as well. Chuck saw that the mastiff was friendly and he decided that if the dog stayed around that he could keep it for some time until he found its owner. After that Jeff woke up in the middle of the night. Jeff decided to access the computer in his room and decided to look for information on Cary Bloomhall. Many old online articles appeared. Jeff saw that Cary Bloomhall had died in his sleep in his office while he laid on his sofa. After that Bloomhall Industries seemed to lose its government contracts and was subsequently shut down. The thing that spooked Jeff was that many of the articles were over 40 years old and Cary Bloomhall had by his side his faithful mastiff named Casey in one of the photographs from an old article which was the same dog that Jeff saw in his dream. Jeff kept researching what happened after Bloomhall Industries closed down and one of the articles that caught his attention was that Cary Bloomhall's house was sold to one of a young man who worked for Cary Bloomhall and his name was Marcus Proux. Jeff made copies of the most important articles and he decided that he needed help so he was going to go and see Chuck Coda about finding out what was going on.

     My husband told me that he felt nervous about speaking to Chuck Coda, but that all of that went away when he saw through Casey's eyes that he was kind and gentle to the mastiff. Chuck even bathed Casey and the mastiff was reminded of the times that Cary Bloomhall cleaned Casey up and was playful. Jeff saw everything that Casey saw and the thoughts that the mastiff had as well. Jeff was driven to school by his father and he was instructed that his mother was going to pick him up. Jeff nodded and then headed to school. He kept looking for Chuck, but he did not see him anywhere. Chuck always arrived at school with his motorcycle yet Jeff could not see the motorcycle anywhere which meant that he had not arrived. After walking around his best friend Arnold Haith told him that he wanted to ask a girl out. Jeff asked who it was and to his surprise the girl that Arnold was interested in was me. The truth of the matter was that Jeff also had feelings for me, but he had never told anyone about it. It was awkward that his best friend also had feelings for the girl that he liked and he felt conflicted if I agreed to go out with Arnold.

     During the day at school Jeff was able to see Chuck before going to another class and he mustered up the courage to give him a note. Chuck thought that it was strange for someone to give him something. The note that Jeff gave him said that he could go to the town store called Egan's Entertainment to get all The Punisher movies as well as many Frank Castle shirts. After that the note said that he knew about the mastiff named Casey and the connection to Blomhall Industries. At the end of the note Jeff left his cell phone number so Chuck could call him. Chuck was intrigued by this and after school he decided to call Jeff because no one knew that he was looking after the mastiff and they arranged for Chuck to come over to his house to discuss how they could get a hold of Marcus Proux who was the one person that could explain to them what happened at Bloomhall Industries. Jeff also told Chuck about how he knew about Casey and Chuck was convinced of what he said when he told him about the bruises that Chuck hid from everyone. Chuck and Jeff got to hang around for some time and when Jeff's parents saw that Chuck was a suitable friend for Jeff they decided that it was all right for the two of them to fraternize. Both of them did research on all the things related to Bloomhall Industries yet many things could not be found as it seemed that the government had a lot of the information that was related to that place that seemed classified.

      As Jeff got to know Chuck he saw that behind the intimidating physique that he had there was a kind soul that was just trying to live his life the best that he could. Jeff did not want to speak of the physical abuse that Chuck and his mother were going through because he figured that Chuck would tell him about it if he wanted to. Jeff had not been seeing a lot of his friend Arnold outside of school. One day when Chuck had taken Jeff to his house on his motorcycle to see Casey. Unfortunately, Jeff got to see first hand how Chuck's father Larry became a ball of rage when he discovered that Chuck had been keeping a pet without consulting him. The mastiff Casey saw that Chuck was being scolded by his father and also saw Jeff who was close by. Chuck's father Larry was going to teach his son a lesson and he got into his black pickup truck and drove straight towards Casey to run the dog over. To everyone's surprise the pickup truck was wrecked as it seemed to hit a brick wall and Chuck's father was knocked out cold. After a few seconds the mastiff walked right in front of the black pickup truck without a scratch. Chuck, Jeff and Casey were taken away from there by Chuck's mother Lorna who saw what happened and she could not believe it. Lorna told Chuck that the dog could not stay with them and Jeff decided to take the mastiff with him. Fortunately, Jeff's mom was a big dog lover and she convinced her husband to take Casey as a guard dog and Jeff's father was convinced because the big mastiff made his wife really happy. Jeff was still surprised at what he had seen back at Chuck's home and he wondered that if the mastiff was not hurt at all by a fast moving car then he wondered what kind of things could the gas that he inhaled do to him.

     Four days later, Jeff received a visit at his house from someone that he was not expecting to see. The person that visited him was me. At first, Jeff could not believe his eyes when he saw me being at his doorstep. I lived just across the street and I had come to ask him out on a date. Jeff told me that he thought that Arnold was going to ask her out. I had politely told Arnold that I was flattered by his invitation, but that I wanted to go out with someone else which was actually Jeff. Arnold seemed disappointed yet he knew that I was telling him the truth that I was interested in someone else. Jeff at that point did not know how to answer and that was when Casey stepped in between us and he wanted to see why Jeff was so nervous. I had always liked dogs and I liked how playful Casey was with me. After seeing that Jeff said yes to going on a date with me. After we set where we would go I said goodbye to Jeff who jumped for joy a few moments after he closed the door and then Jeff saw that Casey was looking at him and he could hear that the mastiff was actually smiling at him.

     The first few dates went very well since Jeff was a real gentleman and I knew that I had made a good choice in waiting to be with him. In the beginning I could not figure out why Jeff and Chuck Coda hung out so much after they could. It was a couple of weeks later that I found out why. One day I was walking home from school with Arnold which was not very far off as we were very close by. All of a sudden, Arnold told me that he was jealous that I was going out with his best friend and then he started to force himself on me and I had been taught how to defend myself so I took him down. Arnold then took a knife out of his left pocket and I could hear that he was thinking of stabbing me when out of nowhere Chuck appeared and took the knife out of Arnold's hand and then proceeded to push him down hard. Arnold felt so intimidated that he fled the scene instantly. After that Chuck took me home and while it was an awkward way to meet someone for the first time I felt at ease with Chuck. I asked Chuck how he became Jeff's friend and he told me that they have similar interests in movies and other things. I said goodbye to Chuck and proceeded to tell Jeff what had happened once I got to my room and locked the door.

     The next time Jeff called Chuck and thanked him for what he did. At the same time Jeff felt betrayed by what Arnold did and quite surprised. Jeff also told Chuck that the upcoming weekend they could go to see Marcus Proux. Chuck agreed to do that and then Jeff took pictures of Casey in order to show the mastiff to Marcus Proux. Jeff had all of the research that Chuck and he had done about Bloomhall Industries and after going over every piece of research he kept thinking of what Arnold had done. Jeff had a feeling that he needed to get a hold of Arnold before things took a turn for the worst. Jeff mustered up the courage to call Arnold and he could not get a hold of him on his cell phone so he then proceeded to get a hold of his parents. Unfortunately, Arnold's parents told him that Arnold committed suicide by slitting his wrists. I found out about it when Jeff came over to my house and he was sad about the whole ordeal because he had known Arnold since they were 7 years of age. I never mentioned what Arnold tried to do to me to anyone, not even my parents. After that Jeff put off what he was going to do with Chuck Coda and decided to help Arnold's family deal with their grief. Jeff went to Arnold's funeral and to lose someone who is very close to you is a part of human life yet Jeff did not expect to lose someone so close to him at an early age. After the funeral he decided that he wanted to be alone for some time so one day he went to the local pharmacy that was close by to his home and Casey walked by his side. Casey waited outside of the pharmacy while Jeff was buying some things.

      While Casey waited outside of the pharmacy the sight of someone from Casey's past emerged walking by the pharmacy. It was an older Marcus Proux walking by and Casey let out the howl that greeted Marcus while he worked at Bloomhall Industries a long time ago. Marcus heard the howl of the mastiff and he couldn't believe that there was a mastiff that looked just like Cary Bloomhall's dog waiting outside of the pharmacy. Marcus got closer and went by Casey's side thinking that it would be impossible for a dog to live that long. While Marcus was looking at Casey Jeff had stepped out of the pharmacy and saw this elderly man looking at Casey. Jeff called Casey by name to which the mastiff responded and came running towards him. Marcus Proux introduced himself to Jeff and he was wondering where he got the mastiff dog. Jeff and Marcus had gone out walking to the local diner named Ellen's Palace and on the way Jeff called Chuck who was going to meet up with them there. After they ordered, Marcus told Jeff that working for Cary Bloomhall was one of the best things that he ever did was working for Cary Bloomhall as he recommended him to many powerful people. Marcus told Jeff that Cary was working for a way to make human beings impervious to any sickness, pain and physical damage on the inside and the outside. Chuck arrived outside of the cafe and from the windows he saw Jeff and Marcus talking. Casey, who was outside of the diner, saw Chuck and was happy to see him. Chuck was also glad to see Casey and after being with Casey for a little while he then proceeded to go into the diner. Once Chuck introduced himself to Marcus he told him of how Casey walked away without a scratch when a black pickup truck half hit the mastiff. Marcus told the boys a story that he was told by another former employee named Tim Bleil. Apparently, Tim went back to Bloomhall Industries on a Saturday many decades ago and saw that Cary Bloomhall's dog Casey had gone inside Bloomhall Industries since Casey had refused to be taken away by any dog catcher to a dog shelter. While Casey was inside Bloomhall Industries there was an earthquake which made one of the Xarax gas tanks leak and a few moments later Casey inhaled the gas. Tim had seen a strange gas from afar coming out of Bloomhall Industries and left the place immediately. Casey laid there for many years and there was one night that Marcus Proux came back to Bloomhall Industries because he had heard from many people the strange stories that had come from Bloomhall Industries throughout the years yet he could never find Casey. One of the stories that Marcus heard was from a young man by the name of Tim Fields who was being beaten up by a bully named Andrew Deveau. Now the young day named Tim swore that he saw a big mastiff that came at him and entered his body while taking control of him. The next thing that happened was that the bully named Andrew was beaten up by Tim who was being controlled by Casey. After the bully left running for his life Casey got out of Tim's body and went back to Bloomhall Industries. Marcus told the boys that the night before he died Cary Bloomhall had called him and he told Marcus that he was sure that he knew how to complete the gas that would make people impervious to anything and that the gas might also do other things as well.

      That is when Jeff asked Marcus what would happen if a person had inhaled the gas. Marcus told Jeff that if that happened then that perdón would have all of the gifts that had been bestowed upon the mastiff. Marcus gave his phone number to the boys and they decided that they would stay in touch. After going their separate ways Chuck asked Jeff why he was so nervous and Jeff told him that he had inhaled the gas at Bloomhall Industries. Chuck was walking with Casey and Jeff and all of a sudden a young boy that was lost had crossed the street in the middle of traffic and just before a car was about to hit the kid Jeff got in the way and stopped the moving car with his bare hands. Chuck and Jeff along with Casey got out of there in a hurry and decided to separate and then get together later on. The thing that Jeff did not know was that there was a video camera on that street that recorded what had happened. After a few hours the video footage was leaked online and many people were wondering who was the young teenager that saved the young boy. I was one of the people that saw the online video and after that I went to Jeff's house. After showing him the video he told me about everything that had happened. Many people came into town as they tried to get a hold of Jeff, but his parents would not let anyone near him. Marcus Proux also helped Jeff and his family as he had friends in very high places. Jeff agreed to let Marcus Proux study him so that what was inside Jeff could be analyzed and Jeff did not want anyone near Casey because the entire family loved the dog. Chuck came to see his friend Jeff and Casey from time to time. As time went on it was evident to everyone that Jeff was not aging and that was also the case for Casey. The time went on and as I got older Jeff and Casey stayed the same yet Jeff always loved me no matter how I looked yet the more time I passed breathing the same air as Jeff when we got married I noticed that my aging had also stopped. The years went by and we made many friends who had passed on while we lingered on this world. The only one that was still with us was an old man that was Chuck Coda who remained in good health as he had become a doctor with the help of Marcus Proux who had left his fortune to him. I had become a successful lawyer while Jeff had become a scientist in the field of genetics.

     Safety is something that every person looks to obtain in life since everyone likes to feel secure instead of being threatened and intimidated. Every person wants to have a joyful life that is worth living. Now at this time outliving the people that we care about is what we know. Jeff, Casey and I honor and cherish the memory of all the people who have blessed our lives with their existence.

                                                              The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
241K 1.9K 23
Smut. But not all of it. This book is basically just me, a girl, writing out her fantasies with the men in Call of Duty. I do take requests.
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...