Saviours [OUAT || Double Swan...

By bethanyjanebooks

We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about t... More

Cast
1 - The Pilot
2 - The Pilot
3 - The Thing You Love Most
4 - The Thing You Love Most
5 - Snow Falls
6 - Snow Falls
7 - The Price of Gold
8 - The Price of Gold
9 - That Still Small Voice
10 - That Still Small Voice
11 - The Shepherd
12 - The Shepherd
13 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
14 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
15 - Desperate Souls
16 - Desperate Souls
17 - True North
18 - True North
19 - 7:15 a.m.
20 - 7:15 a.m.
21 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
22 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
23 - Skin Deep
24 - Skin Deep
25 - What Happened to Frederick?
26 - What Happened to Frederick?
27 - Dreamy
28 - Dreamy
30 - Red Handed
31 - Golden Eyes
32 - Heart of Darkness
33 - Heart of Darkness
34 - Hat Trick
35 - Hat Trick
36 - The Stable Boy
37 - The Stable Boy
38 - The Return
39 - The Return
40 - The Stranger
41 - The Stranger
42 - An Apple As Red As Blood
43 - An Apple As Red As Blood
44 - A Land Without Magic
45 - A Land Without Magic
Next Book

29 - Red Handed

776 33 0
By bethanyjanebooks

At the Sheriff's Department, Alana, Emma and David were sitting in Alana's office, Emma handed David a cup of tea.

"Thank you. I hope Kathryn's somewhere warm, not out in the cold," David said.

"David. I think you need to start worrying about yourself a little bit more here. Your wife is missing. You are in love with another woman. There's this... Unexplained phone call," Alana said as she glanced at Kathryn's phone records.

"I know, I know. I just... I can't explain why it says that. I didn't do anything to my wife," David said.

"My sister is pretty good at spotting a liar and, honestly, liars have better material. Now, go home," Alana said.

"I can go?" David asked.

"We don't even know if there was a crime yet. So, get some sleep," Alana said.

"Thank you," David said and stood up to leave.

"And, David?" He looked at her, "Maybe... Get a lawyer," Alana said.

At Granny's Diner, Ruby was flirting with August who was sitting at one of the tables.

"You can't be serious. A whole year without a roof over your head?" Ruby said.

"Well, you get used to it. Plus, I had the motorcycle. So, if I didn't like a place after a while..." August said.

"Ruby?" Granny called out.

"I've never even been out of Storybrooke. What was your favourite place?" Ruby asked, ignoring Granny and Amy glanced at her.

"Nepal. Best people. They have these prayer temples carved into mountains that are overrun with lemurs," August said.

"What's a lemur?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby!" Granny called out louder.

"Just give me a sec!" Ruby said.

"They're little animals. And they have these eyes that reflect light. So, at night, it looks like they glow," August said.

"Ruby! Stop flirting and get over here!" Granny called out over the counter and Ruby walked over to her.

Amy walked over to August and refilled his coffee cup, "Thank you," August said.

"No problem," Amy said.

"That's a lovely necklace, is it a wolf?" August asked.

"It is... My favourite animal," Amy said.

Flashback

A young man called Peter knocked on the shutter or Red Riding Hood and Granny's cottage.

"Who's there?" Red Riding Hood called out from inside imitating an old woman.

"Let me in," Peter said.

"I'm just a poor, old widow. Spare me!" Red Riding Hood said as she continued to imitate an old woman.

"Let me in, or I'll..." Peter said.

"Yes?" Red Riding Hood said as she imitated an old woman.

"I'll huff and I'll pull and I'll blow the-," Peter began to say.

Red Riding Hood opened the shutters, "You'll huff and you'll puff" She questioned with a smile on her face.

"I couldn't think of nothing," Peter said.

"Oh, so you thought that you'd level the house with the power of your breath? Well, a case could be made..." Red Riding Hood said.

"Oh, ho, ho, ho-," Peter began to say.

"Shh! Granny's in the other room. You know she doesn't like me opening the shutters," Red Riding Hood said.

"No, she doesn't like me," Peter said.

"That's what I meant," Red Riding Hood said.

"You got to get out of here," Peter said.

"I know. Anywhere," Red Riding Hood said.

"Well, a blacksmith's boy can get work all over," Peter said.

"You'd leave everyone you know? You'd do that for me?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"I'd do anything for you," Peter said.

Red Riding Hood chuckled softly, "Peter, watch out. Your air of danger is slipping," She said.

"Come out, just for a minute," Peter said.

"It's already dark. She'd never let me," Red Riding Hood said.

"Red! Where are you? What are you doing?" Granny called out from the other room.

Red Riding Hood tried to go to Granny but Peter held onto her arms, "Let go," She said with a smile.

"Pay the price. One kiss," Peter said.

"Red, get in here!" Granny called out.

Red Riding Hood quickly kissed him and smiled at him before she closed the shutters.

Red Riding Hood walked into the other room where Granny was calling for her, "What's going on?" Red Riding Hood asked when she saws several men with torches outside talking to Granny.

"Nothing that concerns you. Just a bunch of food trying to get themselves killed over a few dead sheep," Granny said.

"Wolf took out a dozen last night," A man said.

"So, you called me in here to what? Just to keep me in sight?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"Good evening, Red. We're just forming up a hunting party," A man said.

"You're hunting the wolf? Can I go with them, please? I'll be safe in a big group," Red Riding Hood said.

"Don't be ludicrous. You are staying inside and you're keeping that hood on. You know red repels wolves," Granny said.

"They're not wearing red," Red Riding Hood said.

"They're damn fools, too. There's only two more nights left in Wolfstime, let it take a few sheep. Now, go home," Granny said and shut the door in their faces.

"I hope they kill the wolf. Then, we can have lives again," Red Riding Hood said.

"You just want to roam around the woods with that wastrel, Peter," Granny said.

"Oh, I am sure he does. Now, come on. You know what to do,"  Granny said.

Granny and Red Riding Hood prepare the courage for defence against the wolf. They barricaded and locked the doors and windows, as well as barring the fireplace.

"Now, go to sleep, girl," Granny said as she sat in a chair opposite the door.

"Yes, Granny," Red Riding Hood said as she headed to her room.

"I hope I don't see that boy mooning around here tomorrow. And wear the hood!" Granny said.

"Yes, Granny," Red Riding Hood said and walked into her room.

As Granny sat opposite the door, she picked up her crossbow and readied herself to fire it.

End of Flashback

At the diner, Ruby finally walked over to talk to Granny at the counter.

"I can't believe you did that. That was humiliating," Ruby said.

"I want you to start working Saturday nights," Granny said as Amy walked past them and Amy began cleaning the empty tables.

"Come on, we have an agreement about Saturday night," Ruby said.

"I want to start training you to do the books and the reorders. Business is booming lately, and, with more money, comes more paperwork," Granny said.

"Yeah. None of that sounds good. If you want that done get Amy to do it," Ruby said.

Amy looked over, "I don't have time Ruby, I work here then I volunteer at the hospital and then I keep eye on Mr Gold and his apparent fragile health," Amy said.

"It's got to be done and you Ruby, have more time for it," Granny said.

"Is this a punishment for talking to that guy?" Ruby asked.

"If I wanted to punish you, I'd have better reasons. For one thing, you were later. For another thing, Liza, you dress like a drag queen during Fleet Week," Granny said.

Amy glanced at them and she walked over towards August's table and pushed in the spare table. He glanced at her and they smiled at each other, as they listened in on the conversation.

"And you dress like Norman Bates when he dresses like Norman Bates' mother," Ruby countered.

August and Amy both tried not to laugh, Amy pushed in her lips as she held onto the spare chair tightly and August covered his mouth with his hand, both trying to compose themselves before they continued.

"Ruby you're a grown woman. You can't keep acting like some kid," Granny said.

"You just want me to act like you until I turn into you. Well, I am not a fossil yet, Granny. I should be out there having adventures with lemurs!" Ruby said.

Amy looked at August and shook her head slightly before walking to another table and began to clean it.

"Well, as long as you work here, you are going to listen to me," Granny said.

"I didn't ask to work here," Ruby said.

"Well, then what's keeping ya?" Granny asked.

"Nothing! I quit!" Ruby said as she pulled off her apron and stormed out.

Amy looked at her and turned to Granny, "Granny, want me to talk to her?" Amy asked as she walked towards the corner of the counter.

"Leave her... Your shift is over... Don't you have to check on Mr Gold?" Granny asked.

"I just need to call him," Amy said.

"Call him and get yourself home," Granny said.

"If you're sure," Amy said.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Granny said and looked down.

Amy took off her apron and pulled her cellphone out of her back pocket and called Mr Gold, "Hey, it's just me," Amy said.

"Hey, all okay?" Mr Gold asked over the phone.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. How's you're day been since I last checked in on you? No falls, your ankle been okay?" Amy asked.

"No, and same as usual... You know this act of being my nurse will come to a halt sooner or later, right?" Mr Gold said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but can't do much about it... Okay, I'll come over tomorrow and check in on you," Amy said.

"You don't have to..." Mr Gold said.

"I know, but it's my job. Make sure to get some rest, bye," Amy said and hung up.

"Amy right?" Amy walked over to August, "Does that... Does that normally happen?" August asked.

"What? Granny and Ruby? Yeah, it's normal, but she's never quit before," Amy said as she sat in front of him.

"When did things change?" August asked.

"Hmm... I'm not sure, maybe when the twins arrived... Lot's have thing have been changing," Amy said, gestured him to come closer and they lean over the table then she whispered in his ear.

August looked at her shocked and Amy winked before walking behind the counter, grabbing her bag and grabbed her coat from the rack.

"Goodnight, Amy," Granny said.

"Goodnight, Granny, if you need me early I'll come straight from checking in on Mr Gold," Amy said.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Granny said.

Amy walked towards the door and August looked at her, "Amy," She looked at him, "How did you... You know what... Nevermind," August said.

Amy smiled at him amused and looked away from him, "Good night August," She said and walked out.

Flashback

Red Riding Hood exited her room, not wearing her red cloak and she found Granny still guarding the front door.

"Did you get any sleep at all last night?" Red Riding Hood asked.

Granny put her crossbow down, "I'll sleep with the trolls in the afterlife. I'll get the shutters. You go check if that wolf left the chickens alone," Granny said.

"Yes, Granny," Red Riding Hood said and went to unlock the door.

Granny noticed that she wasn't wearing her red cloak, "Wear your hood!" Granny said.

Red Riding Hood who was now wearing her red cloak, she was collecting eggs in the chicken coop. As she turned to leave but she heard a noise coming from the corner, she turned around to see Snow White, who was holding two eggs.

"I'm sorry. I can go," Snow White said.

"Are you... Stealing our eggs?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"No... Not a lot," Snow White said as she looked down.

"Hey, hey. It's... It's alright," Red Riding Hood said.

"Thank you. It was just that, um, last night... There was something out there. There was howling, and... I heard it. And it was so cold, so..." Snow White said.

"Hey. Come on, come with me. Everyone calls me Red," Red Riding Hood said.

"I'm Sn- Frosty," Snow White said.

"Frosty? Really?" Delphinia said as she walked out of the shadow.

"The Enchantress..." Red Riding Hood said.

"Are you okay?" Delphinia asked Snow White.

"I...I'm fine, thank you... I didn't want to blow the whistle in case..." Snow White said.

"It's okay... You want to tell the nice girl, your name?" Delphinia asked.

"I'm guessing Frosty isn't your name," Red Riding Hood said.

"No, it's just that someone's looking for me, so..." Snow White said.

"You don't know or trust me yet," Snow White looked down, "Hey, I...I get it. I just need something to call you," Red Riding Hood said.

"Uh, Margaret," Delphinia looked at her as Snow White shook her head, "Oh. no. Uh, Mary," Snow White said.

"Mary," Red Riding Hood said and looked at Delphinia cautiously.

"Oh, and Delphinia won't hurt you, she's a lot different than her father's made her to be," Snow White said.

"Thanks, Mary, but I just came to check on you because of last night, I'll be on my way," Delphinia said.

"No, no, it's okay," Delphinia looked at Red Riding Hood, "Come on, Mary... D...Delphinia," Red Riding Hood said.

Snow White and Delphinia looked at each other before they followed Red Riding Hood out of the chicken coop and into the forest.

"You're not going to lead me into an angry mob of men, right?" Delphinia asked.

"No, no, a well," Red Riding Hood gestured to the well in front of the, "I just got to bring in some water before we go in. It'll just take a second," Red Riding Hood said.

"Okay," Delphinia said as they walked towards the well.

"What was all that howling?" Snow White asked.

"It's Wolfstime. Killer wolf out there. As big as a pony, but a lot more bloodthirsty. It's been stalking the area pretty regular. It kills cattle and... Hang on," Red Riding Hood grabbed the rope of the bucket in the bucket in the well and tried to pull, "It sticks sometimes. Could one of you just..." Red Riding Hood said and Snow White helped her pull up the bucket.

Delphinia saw something to the side of them and she walked forward a little, looking around. Snow White turned to Delphinia, she walked over and looked shocked at what Delphinia was looking at.

"Look. Look at that. Mary, Delphinia, look at the water," Red Riding Hood was looking at red water in the bucket, "Mary? Delphinia? Mary? Delphinia?" Red Riding Hood said and turned around and saw what they were looking at.

Behind them in the clearing, there were several bloody bodies, scattered in the clearing.

End of Flashback

Alana and Emma were walking down Main Street together talking.

"So, pizza tonight?" Alana asked.

"See what Mary Margaret says but I'm happy with it," Emma said.

Mary Margaret ran up to them and walked beside them, "Is he okay? David?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Oh, yeah. He's a little shaken up, but he's headed home. He's fine," Alana said.

"Any word from Kathryn?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Nothing new," Emma said.

"Did you two check with Boston again?" Mary Margaret asked.

"She's not there, Mary Margaret," Emma said.

"So, we have no idea what happened to her?" Mary Margaret said.

"All we know is that she found out about you two, gave you a well-deserved slap and then disappeared," Alana said.

"Well-deserved?" Mary Margaret looked at her shocked, "Do you really believe that?" Mary Margaret said.

"No," Alana looked at her, "I'm just preparing you for what everyone else is going to think. You two are going to look bad until we figure the truth out," Alana said.

"You mean David? Th...That people are going to think in order to... Be free with me..." Mary Margaret said worriedly.

"Some are. And, he's not doing himself any favours. So, if there's anything you could think of to pin down his whereabouts that night-," Alana began to say.

"He wasn't with me," The twins looked at her as she looked back at them, "We really are through," Mary Margaret said.

The three of them came across Ruby, who was waiting at a bus stop with a suitcase and Dr Whale was with her.

"Sorry. No, don't need a ride," Ruby said.

"It's awfully cold out here," Dr Whale said.

"I'm fine, really," Ruby said.

"I can carry your bag. Where are you headed?" Dr Whale asked her.

"Dr Whale?" Mary Margaret said.

"Mary Margaret. Emma. Alana. Hello there," Dr Whale said.

"Hey," Mary Margaret said.

"Hi," Emma said.

"I was just having a talk with Ruby here. But, I should, um..." Dr Whale said and gestured to leave.

"Yeah. Yeah, you should," Alana said.

"Yeah..." Dr Whale said and walked off.

"Was he bothering you?" Emma asked.

"The day I can't handle a lech is the day I leave town. Which this is, I guess," Ruby said.

"You're leaving?" Alana asked.

"I had a fight with Granny. Quit my job," Ruby said.

"You quit? Where you going?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I don't know. Away," Ruby said.

"Yeah, well, buses out of town don't really happen. And, you might want a destination first," Emma said.

"Hey, if you need a place to figure things out, you could always come home with us," Mary Margaret said and looked at the twins.

"Yeah, uh. Yeah, just for a little while," Alana said.

"Come on," Mary Margaret said as she took Ruby's suitcase and the four of them walked down the street.

Flashback

All of the village's citizens were gathered at the tavern, one of the men who were with the hunting part spoke to the group.

"The one thing I know is that last night, was the very last massacre," Everyone cheered, "You know if I had stayed with that party for another ten minutes, I, too, would be among the dead," Granny, Red Riding Hood and a disguised Snow White and Delphinia entered, Red Riding Hood saw Peter and went to walk to him but Granny stopped her, "And when I think if I'd only doubled back, maybe... I couldn't it in the act. Maybe, I would've been able to slay the creature," The man said.

"You would not," Granny said.

"Widow Lucas," The man said.

"This creature is more powerful than you can imagine. You wouldn't have a chance. Stay inside, hide your children, forget your livestock," Granny said.

"You said all this before," The man said.

"But, I haven't said how I know. Nearly threescore years ago, I was a child with six older brothers. Big as oak trees, all of them veterans of the Second Ogres War. And my father, the biggest of them all. Come one Wolfstime, he decided to go out and take on the wolf. A different wolf back then, of course, but just as fearsome. They went out there to protect me. I was supposed to be asleep, but I crawled out on the roof to water and lay down in the thatch," Granny said.

Delphinia, Red Riding Hood and Snow White exchanged glances before they looked back at Granny who was stood in the middle of the tavern, "They had the beast surrounded, the seven of them, with spears all pointed at it. And then it started. It was lunging, not at the men, at the spears. Grabbing with its teeth, breaking the shafts. They stabbed it with the splintered end, but it didn't matter. It tore their throats so fast, that not one of them got a chance to scream... Or pray... Or say goodbye. When my father died, I tumbled from the roof, and I landed in the blood in front of the wolf. I felt its breath on my face. Then, it clamped its hot jaw on my arm, and I rolled away," Granny said.

Granny pulled back her sleeve, revealing several large, parallel scars.

"Then, it looked at me with eyes so black, they weren't even there. then, it walked away. You ever see a wild animal just turn its back and walk away like you don't matter? If this wold is like that one, there is no defeating it. It's already won just by existing in our world. You don't kill it, you just hide," Granny said.

Red Riding Hood, Delphinia and Snow White were sitting by the fireplace at the cottage.

"So, your Granny's kind of intense," Snow White said.

"Yeah, a bit. I feel like a rat in a trap," Red Riding Hood said.

"Is this trap keeping you from... Being with someone?" Snow White asked.

"How did you know?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"Well, I saw some looks exchanged back there, and, I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't subtle," Snow White said.

Delphinia looked at her, "Who is he?" Delphinia asked.

"Yes. His name's Peter. We've been friends forever, but... Now things are... Well, changing," Red Riding Hood said.

"That must be nice," Snow White said and Delphinia nodded.

"Do you two have someone?" Red Riding Hood asked.

"Oh, no. I'm not sure that's in my future," Snow White said.

"I did... But they're... They're lost to me now, for a long while or forever. You're lucky, Red," Delphinia said.

"I know," She smiled, "And we're talking about going away together. But I don't even get any time with him. Granny's too afraid of the wold to let me out alone," Delphinia and Snow White looked at her, "You saw what the wolf did. Sometimes, I wonder if she's right," Red Riding Hood said.

"Oh, she's right about the wolf... I remember that Wolfstime," Snow White and Red Riding Hood looked at her, "Brutal, disgusting, the waters and sky were painted red," Delphinia said as she walked to the shutters and opened them, looking out.

"But, she's wrong to use it to keep you from your love," Snow White said.

"You think that's what she's doing? Let's kill the wolf," Red Riding Hood said as she stood up.

Delphinia closed the shutters and turned to them, "Hang on a sec," Delphinia said.

"We'd be heroes," Red Riding Hood said.

"I'm no hero, Red," Delphinia said.

"You can be!" Red Riding Hood said.

"You helped me, you are more a hero than you know," Snow White said.

"I can't..." Delphinia sighed and looked at Red Riding Hood, "How do you expect to kill the wolf when teams of trained hunters have been killed," Delphinia said.

"But they go at night when it's got the advantage. If we went now, we could find it slumbering in its den and kill it in its sleep. Come on," Red Riding Hood said.

"Red, I don't know," Snow White said.

I'm going, with or without you two. But, you're right. I can't let her keep me trapped forever," 

End of Flashback

The next day, Mary Magaret drove her car along the road out of Storybrooke and she pulled over before she reached the leaving sign. She got out and walked into the wood, she heard a rustling sound and turned to see David walking out of the brush, in, what appeared to be a rush.

"I...It's you," David looked at her distracted, "You okay? You're looking for Kathryn, too?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm looking," David said.

"They know you didn't do anything. The twins, I mean. Emma can tell when people are lying and Alana is a very good judge of character, so... They know. And I'll stand with you. I'll tell everyone this isn't possible. She's going to turn up somewhere. That's why we're out here, right?" Mary Margaret said.

"I'm looking," David repeated and looked around.

Mary Margaret noticed that David wasn't acting like himself, "David?" David began to wander back into the woods and she watched him, "David? David!" Mary Margaret called out after him but he didn't seem to hear her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 2.1K 46
The group travels to Neverland to save Henry, who has been taken there, under Pan's orders. Athena's whereabouts are still unknown to everyone, but C...
28.7K 1.2K 20
Book 1 of the One of You series (Y/n) Adler and her twin sister Emma Swan never thought that fairy tales were a thing to take seriously. Abandoned as...
146K 5.1K 27
It's been about two years since Emma Swan broke the Evil Queen's Dark Curse. Everyone in Storybrooke has been transported back to the Enchanted Fores...
35.9K 1.4K 46
Emma and Elaine Swan grew up together in the foster system with their 'adopted' sister Katy Swan, they have always been together, they are each other...