My Friend, My Hero - Ducktale...

By Author_Bingette

A Fenton x OC story Liz Feathers is one of the most outgoing ducks you could ever meet. If she had a superpow... More

New Girl In Town (Chapter 1)
Where Fun is in the Zone (Chapter 2)
Mark Beaks? (Chapter 3)
Daddy Issues (Chapter 4)
Darkwing Dorks (Chapter 5)
Aftermath of an Internship (Chapter 6)
A/N
My Hero in Robotic Armour (Chapter 7)
Don't (Chapter 8)
21st Century Breakup (Chapter 9)
Be My Valentine? (Mini Chapter)
The Darling Charisma of Liz Feathers! ( Chapter 10 Part 1)
Darling Charisma (Part 2)
Darling Charisma (Part 3) ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵖᵃʳᵗ
Meet the Feathers (Chapter 11)
Please read
Gossip Girl (MTF Part 2)
The Party (MTF Part 3)
Frenemies (Mini Chapter/Incorrect Quotes)
Dearest (Chapter 13)
Meant to be Mine (Chapter 14)
Operation Something Blue (Chapter 15)
Eternity With You (Chapter 16)
Woohoo!
Another smol celebration (A/N)
Some really neat art. Also, something important
We did it, bois

Moonvasion! (Chapter 12)

129 2 0
By Author_Bingette

(A/N: In case you couldn't tell, this takes place during the Moonvasion. Feel free to watch the episode while reading these chapters. Hope I gave Liz a significant part to play in all of it. Also I'm sorry I'm only getting to doing this now. Also also, this is gonna be full of Hamilton references.)

(September 12th, 2019)

Liz's POV:

Liz pulled up to the site of where the ship had landed, having just put on Gyro's prototype limb armour and her purple mask made to mimic Gizmoduck's visor.
She skated up to Officer Cabrera and asked, "What did I miss?" (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"Nothing so far. Nothing's happened since it landed. We're waiting for Gizmoduck.", she replied.

Right on cue, Gizmoduck rolled up. Liz could never get sick of his dramatic entrances. Everyone told him what to do and he was let past the barricade but not before Liz could give him a look of hope yet caution. She watched the exchange intently and got startled when Officer Cabrera jumped over the barricade to protect Gizmoduck as the Moonlanders started firing their blasters at everyone.

The scene quickly went to chaos as people started fleeing from the now dangerous Moonlanders. Liz used the prototype armour's forearm forcefields to protect herself and other civilians to escape the Moonlanders. She also used the laser fingers to fire at them to cover Gizmoduck and Officer Cabrera while they helped civilians who were trapped under things to safety. Unfortunately, they had to fall back as it was getting too dangerous. When they found somewhere to hide, they saw the Moonlanders putting people in cuffs and taking them off to places to hold them.

"We need to help more civilians without being spotted and captured.", Gizmoduck told them.

"But shouldn't we help those poor people escape?", Liz asked.

"We can help them later. What we need to do now is to help the hiders to safety.", he told her again.

"No, what we need to do is plan a breakout mission-", Officer Cabrera cut Liz off.

"Gizmoduck's right. We need to learn how they operate before we go charging in to rescue prisoners.", she told them, "And if we have a prayer of defeating these invaders, we need to stick together. Are you two with me?"

"Yes, ma'am", they both replied.

They went out, helping hiders, with Liz freeing some prisoners behind their backs, before one of the Lil' Bulbs found them and called them to the Bin.

While they were in the boardroom, discussing tactics over top one another, Gyro suggested, "Simple Solution: Clone army. Why are we even still talking? I'll get the clone spray. Meantime, we throw Gizmoduck out there as a decoy."

"Don't you dare!", Liz shouted at him as she pointed her finger at him, threatening to pew him with her laser.

"You hurt him, I hurt you.", Officer Cabrera threatened in a similar manner.

Gizmoduck nervously laughed and said, "Thank you for your concern, random citizen!"

"Fenton, I'm a detective and your mother. I know you're Gizmoduck.", she told him as Liz nodded along.

"Mom! Secret identity!", he scolded her in a loud-whisper.

A little later, Darkwing was being his usual attention-craving self which Liz was fine with at first but when he snubbed Gizmoduck's attempt at being polite she said in her head, "Oh hell no. How dare you snub my sweet boi."

Everyone was talking over top of each other again when Scrooge turned everyone's attention onto him.

"No one ever won a battle by squabbling! We need to stand united under one foolproof plan!", he announced.

"Lunaris did defeat your first three foolproof plans.", Beakley told him.

"Aye, and he thinks we're running scared. The last thing he'd expect is for us to run at him.", he said as he moved model ducks representing the alliance towards a model of Lunaris' ship.

"Yeah, cuz it's crazy.", Lena protested.

"I know every inch of that mansion. If I can get up there, I can sneak into Lunaris' ship and take him down! But we need a distraction. Our army will attack his army head-on!", Scrooge continued.

"I'm sorry, what army?", Quackfaster asked.

"My great-grandfather used to say: "Give me 12 highlanders and a bagpiper and I'll give you a rebellion!" We may be a ragtag gang of underdogs but we'll survive like we always do because we're smarter. we're tougher, we're sharper! Follow my lead and we'll win this battle square!", he announced.

Everyone cheered as they geared up for battle.

To say that Liz was nervous would be an understatement. She was downright terrified. But she did what she always did when she was scared to do something she knew she had to do.
She thought about what Gizmoduck would do. But she didn't have to. She could see what he would do: Being the bravest of the brave, as usual.

Let's do this.

The fight was insane. It was clear the main objective was offence, not defense. Because of this, Liz decided to pretty much take out all her frustrations on the Moonlanders.

"This is for threatening the people I love!"

"This is for almost ruining my life!"

"This is for Mega-Beaks!"

"THIS IS FOR WADDLEDUCK!"

In other words, she imagined they were all Mark Beaks. It seemed they had the advantage at first but things went south when they realised it was a trick to distract Scrooge. They didn't know what to do. To keep fighting, to fall back, or... surrender.

~Timeskip~

Liz was sitting in a jail cell with other captured strangers with her robo-limbs in cuffs (yes, the legs too). She felt so much guilt rising within her. She couldn't help her friends, her loved ones, not even Fenton. She couldn't help but hum a woeful tune. (it's the "woah" motif from Hamilton. Just pretend Hamilton exists in this universe)

It caught the attention of one of the other ducks in there. He asked, "What is that song?"

Liz sighed and told him, "It's just an old song that's important to me."

He paused before asking, "Does it... mean anything?"

Liz realised these people needed hope more than anything at a time like this. She thought for a few seconds before telling him, "Freedom. It means freedom."

"... Can you sing some more?", he asked

"... Rise up.", she hesitated between lines, "When you're living on your knees you rise up... Tell your brother that he's gotta rise up... Tell your sister that she's gotta rise up."

It seemed to give the guy an idea. He stood up from the floor and faced the others in the cell.

"You heard her.", he started singing, "Rise up, when you're living on your knees you rise up. Tell your brother that he's gotta rise up. Tell your sister that she's gotta rise up, rise up!"

They started singing along with him. They would've started chanting it at top volume if a guard hadn't stopped them by shouting, "QUIET DOWN IN THERE!"

There was a couple minutes of silence before Liz looked at the guy and said quietly, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Break out of here and start a revolution?", he asked

She nodded at him and said, "Bingo."

~Smol Timeskip~

With the help of the other inmates, and the guy who she learned was named John, Liz (who'd given herself the identity of Lady Liberty) got off the cuffs and stretched out her robo-arms to knock out a distracted guard and stole the keys.
When she opened the doors, everyone was cheering and about to run out but she stopped them and told them, "We can't just go storming out of here! They'd re-capture us immediately! We need a plan! And we need to be sneaky."

They were all sneaking around corner after corner, avoiding guards carefully and doing so in some of the most ridiculous ways. At one point, Liz had to hold everyone on her face and extended her robo-legs behind a pillar. Eventually, they got out safe and found a safe place to hide for the time being.

"Alright! We made it out!", Liz cheered with the others, "... What comes next? (you've been freed)"

"What do you mean?", John asked.

"As in, what do we do now? I mean, surely we can't just hide away. This is a revolution for Zeus sake!", Liz exclaimed.

"Well, what do people normally do in revolutions?", John asked.

"Rise up!", she shouted.

Everyone cheered in response.

"Lady, it would give me great pleasure fighting beside you.", John announced.

"I second that.", another person said.

"As do I!"

"Me too!"

Everyone agreed with John.

"I say Lady should be our leader!", John announced.

"What? No way! I couldn't be a leader! I suck at telling people what to do!", Liz protested.

"Not when it matters. C'mon, you're the one who inspired us to start the revolution in the first place, you helped us get out of that prison, also you're insanely overpowered with those robo-limbs.", he insisted, "All in favour of Lady for our leader say 'aye'!"

There were several 'aye's in the crowd of people.

"All opposed?", John said to the crowd and got silence in response.

Liz rolled her eyes and said, "Alright, I'll 'lead you to victory' or whatever. But John has to be my right hand man!" (Check it. Can I be real a second?)

"Alright. As our newly appointed leader, what is our first order of revolution?", John asked.

"First, we need to gather more troops. You are all valued teammates but if we're going to make an impact, we need to break out more people who are willing to fight! We'll split into groups and we'll each take a different district of the city to break people out!", Liz announced.

They were each split into factions, each taking a different district. Liz and her faction took uptown, near McDuck Manor.
One night when they were helping prisoners in the history museum, Liz got too cold in just her simple blue-violet tank top so she had to take a blue coat off one of the War of Independence exhibits.

"I don't care if it's theft, John, I'm cold."

Soon, one of the guards found them and, being resourceful, Liz used a flagpole with the flag still on it as a bowstaff.
John and another recruit, Lauren (you know that was on purpose), helped her by throwing a huge red piece of fabric on them to distract them while they tied them up. Before they left, Liz stood triumphantly before the moonlanders, cowering in their red while Liz posed in her blue  while holding the flagpole, letting the flag blow in the draft that was coming from the vents.

"Let this be a lesson to all of you! Lunaris may have an army and some fancy ships at his disposal but we have something better. A passion for freedom! And may all you Moonlanders remember the Children of Liberty (and I am lovin' it!)!", she announced before fleeing with the other freedom fighters and prisoners.

"You must admit, these Earthers do know how to put on a show.", one of the moonlanders remarked.

~'nuther Timeskip~

The plan was to be in and out, quickly and quietly with as many escapees as they could take as usual. But this particular time, things didn't go to plan to say the least.

Liz and John were doing their usual thing, sneaking in, knocking out unsuspecting guards and grabbing keys to free the prisoners when she came across a face she'd been wanting to see for so long.

"Fe- Gizmoduck?", she asked, bewildered.

He turned towards her, just as surprised as she was. He raised his visor before whispering, "Liz?"

"Actually, ya girl's got her own secret identity now. I'm Lady Liberty! And these guys are my revolutionary comrades.", she gestured to get him out, "C'mon, let's go before the reinforcements arrive."

She opened the door but he didn't move.

"Gizmoduck?"

He stayed in the cell.

"It's too dangerous. What if you get caught?", he asked.

"But we're not!", she exclaimed.

"Yet. What if you get into a shootout with the Moonlanders? What if you get hurt? Or worse?! What then?", he started spiralling.

"But if we just hide away, what about the other prisoners? What will happen to them?", she asked.

"At least we're safe. And you would be too if you'd just surrender!", he said.

Liz looked at him, disgusted and insulted. "I thought Gizmoduck stood for doing what's right."

"At the right time.", he added.

She paused and started backing away from him, "... Y'know what? Fine. Stay in your prison cell! I'm going to help these people and stand up for doing what's right because that's what I thought Gizmoduck would do!", she looked back at him in shame and said, "Y'know, I expected this from regular people who were just scared... but not you."

They broke out nearly everyone else in that prison. Except the one person she thought would be with her.

~Yet another Timeskip~

It was another cold day as Liz and the Children of Liberty fought against the Moonlanders as they feared their impending freezing when they noticed something absolutely bizarre happening on the now frozen Audubon Bay.

"Lady!", the eyes of the gang, Ann, shouted out, "You might wanna check this out!"

Liz went up to the lookout to see what was going on.

"What the-?", Liz said as she looked at the insanely confusing scene.

"Should we help them, ma'am?", Ann asked.

Liz paused before telling the rebellion, "Well, they're fighting Lunaris and his army too, aren't they? We can't let them have all the fun! Suit up, people, let's aid our fellow rebels!"

They all cheered before gearing up for what they anticipated to be their Endgame Battle to decide who would win this war of an invasion. They served as a good distraction as they aided who they eventually learned to be Scrooge McDuck in his admittedly mind-boggling plan to outwit Lunaris. Liz had to admit, things got a little more weird than usual when a giant pink krill emerged from the ocean with the rest of the Duck family upon its head but to be fair, it's Duckburg. The only place that'd be more weird would be Gravity Falls, Oregon.

The war seemed to be won when Lunaris' ship was sent flying back towards the moon but hope was immediately lost when the ship came hurtling back towards the Earth. Everyone looked at each other in fear, praying what they thought was happening wasn't truly, but also knowing deep down that it truly was.
Liz realised that she may only have a few more minutes to live and if she wanted to spend them with the person she wanted to, she couldn't afford to waste any of them. She activated the rocket boot features on her skates and sped to the prison where Gizmoduck remained. Where Fenton remained.

She burst in through the wall, startling Fenton but in the moment, she couldn't care less.

"Liz? What are you doing here?", he asked as he took off his helmet.

"Lunaris' ship. Look.", she took him to see the sky where the ship was clearly barreling back towards them, "He's gonna-"

"Kamikaze.", Fenton finished.

They both gave each other the same look of fear Liz had shared with her rebel friends just minutes ago with tears brimming in both their eyes.

"I want to spend whatever time we have left with you. Because there isn't anyone else in the universe I'd rather see the end of the world with than you.", she told him while putting her hands on his cuffed ones.

"I wish I could've kept you safe.", he told her.

"It's okay. Some things, we can't control. You were scared. We're all scared.", she said.

They both faced the ship again before Liz ducked under his arms to hug him and they both started sobbing.

"My Liz.", he whispered.

"My Hero.", she whispered back.

They sobbed for a few more minutes before realising the ship was stopped and the world had been saved.

"We're not dead yet.", Liz said, slowly opening her eyes.

"The Lunaris has been stopped!", Fenton exclaimed.

They both started laughing, still with tears in their eyes, and Liz held onto Fenton's shoulders as he tried to spin her around in the air!

"Oh my god!", Liz exclaimed while cry-laughing as Fenton put her down, "I really thought that was the end! Oh god."

"I know! That was terrifying!", Fenton exclaimed as well, "There were so many things I still wanted to do and so many things I wanted to tell you!"

"Same.", she said while smiling at him. She chuckled as she said, "Well, we should probably get you back in your cell."

"But the Moonlanders have probably surrendered by now.", Fenton said.

"Oh, yeah, right, sorry. You want me to-?", she offered to laser his cuffs off.

"Please." (yo. Every action has it's-), he replied.

On their way back to the celebration on the now slowly melting Audubon Bay, Fenton made Liz return the coat even though it made her look like a badass founding mother. They joined the celebration with everyone and cheered as they saw the rest of the prisoners, including Officer Cabrera, being released from their cuffs.

She met up with her rebellion one last time (relax have a drink with me) to tell them what the plan was.

"I've heard a lot of you wondering what the future holds for us and the truth is... there is no future for the Children of Liberty.", she announced. The last part was met with lots of gasps so she added, "But that doesn't mean we won't be recognised. Life will go back to how it was but now, you will all be recognised as heroes! Even if it was just for two days! I will do what I can so that each and every one of you will get recognised for your acts of bravery! You may go back to living your lives as normal people but you will always be remembered as the Children of Liberty. Because we will tell your story! (she is buried in Trinity Church near you)"

Everyone cheered for her as Lady Liberty for the last time.

Fenton stood beside her as she overlooked the people who were once in the rebellion.

"Are you going to miss them?", he asked.

"Yeah.", she replied.

"Are you going to miss Lady Liberty?", he asked.

"Yeah", she replied again, "But it's time to move on. There's no more invasion to rebel against so we can just go on with our lives. And besides, it was fun while it lasted. I mean, I made a rebellion! I felt like Marquis de Laflyette!", she exclaimed.

Fenton gave her a look and she responded, "What? So seeing Hamilton made me learn more than 12 years of history class? Sue me!"

"So, you're okay with letting go your rebellion?", he asked.

"Yeah. Besides, we're gonna be immortalised forever by the news. They covered a surprising amount considering the situation. Also, this painter guy said he was gonna put a painting of us in the museum which is 14 flavours of awesome!", she exclaimed.

"I'm sorry about how I acted earlier. I just hated the thought of them hurting you. I was being foolish.", Fenton apologised.

"Hey. It's not foolish to worry. And I was being pretty reckless too. So I'm sorry for how I acted too.", she told him.

They hugged and smiled at each other.

"You wanna fly on me, don't you.", Fenton guessed.

"You know me so well.", Liz replied.

They flew over the now unfrozen Audubon Bay while cheering together in celebration of their freedom!

(A/N: Hoo boy, that was another long one but I think I did a good job at cramming in a two-parter episode into one chapter. Sorry if it felt like mostly Hamilton Fanservice. Let me know what you thought. Please give me feedback so I can fix what I can't see is broken. I hope you enjoyed. ~Bingette)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.5K 19
Louie always had inner demons, but when they start to get worse, Louie questions not only his bad side but his good side. (Contains: bad thoughts, b...
15.5K 461 20
Dewey has never felt like he stood out enough. Suddenly, one day he disappears without a trace. Follow Dewey and the rest of his family through this...
8.3K 294 13
Certain events cause Louie to question his place not only in the family, but in the world. Scrooge says that friends will come and go, but family is...
2.9K 117 29
With one year in the DTU and Season 1 wrapped up, things are looking awesome for my life here in DuckTales! Some adventures are epic with daring dos...