Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 9

20.3K 552 50
By nic275

I stare intently at Kerrie's as she explains Kayla's injuries.  Her face seems to be relaxed.  God why are you against me , I want to stay in this place .

" Kayla has had internal injuries . Fortunately for us , it has been stopped . Her spinal cord was a bit fractured due to you repeatedly pounding her back with a ... meat pounder ." Her face looks drained of colour , as if she's afraid of me now . Good .

" It was nothing serious , her skull is cracked . But it's not serious either . She has a few bruises on her face and stomach from being kicked and punched . So you'll be out here in no time ." She says in a peppy tone .

" Go and kill her ." I say , genuinely.

"What ?" She almost chokes on her spit . Her face whips up to look at me .

" I said go and kill her . I'll pay you." I say to her again .

"Cassandra , I cant do that . I- I,  you're in jail and you'll get more sentences  . Oh my God , No Cassie. " she says .

"Fine ." I huff .  I'm annoyed,  why won't  she just go and finish Kayla off .

" On the bright side . The word Coma didn't leave my lips ." She says .

" Hooray . Look I dont care ." I say in a bored voice.  Because I am . I'm fucking bored!

" Look now we have to work on what you're going to say on the stand , what you're pleading and which witnesses you are calling forth ." She says . I internally groan .

After spending hours on talking , she finally let's me go . 

"Let's go ."my warden says .

I nod at him , and then we go .

"What's your name ?" I ask him. 

"Peter , Peter Cooper ." He says .

" I like you Peter,  you're a good person ." I say . It's true , he is a good man .

"You're a good person too Cassandra . It's a shame you're in here . I know that you did what you did for a good reason ." He says . Then he lets me into the cell .

He closes the cell then nods at me . That's how we greet each other .

I fall asleep on the bench like structure.  Just waiting . You know , I heard stories about how bad this place could've been,  and in all honesty . I like it .

I've never had so much time to just listen to myself think . I dont hear anyone snoring .

Although the bench is pretty uncomfortable,  I know I'll be going to court soon and I'll be moved to a prison that will have good beds .

These are just shit . But I'm happy here . No Kayla , no Jason , no big business to drive me crazy . I'm literally living in this place rent free .

I wake up when I hear footsteps pass my cell .

" Hey , hey Peter ." I whisper -yell  .

He turns around and then walks to me . He's smiling , one of the most sincere smiles I've seen so far

"Do you need help?" He asks .

" uh no . What is that you're holding there ." I ask pointing to the object in his hand . His  smiles gets even bigger .

" A book . Wuthering heights." He says . Showing me the book .

"I didn't take you for the reading type nor the romance type. "  I say chuckling .

" Do you mind bringing me one of those when you're coming back for another round ?" I ask and then he nods .

" Sure ." Then he continues walking around the cells .

I put my head in my hands and then I fall asleep .

I've been in here so long that I dont know what day it is . How bright  or dark it is even what time it is .

This is euphoria.  No worries what so ever  . This is the life . I should have done this a long time ago, I've never felt so happy .

As crazy as it sounds . Momma exaggerated prison . I love this place .

Maybe I should ask Peter if I can come here for a vacation when I'm older.

The grey walls have become my safe space . This little bench has been my only friend in here . And Peter too .

This is more than I could have asked for . I dont know why people  are so resilient when they are supposed to come to this place .

Not everyone has lost their minds Cassandra.

Can you shut up,  my mind has been saying stupid things these past few days .

I dont know if I can still be considered sane   . But I feel pretty sane.

The court case starts in two weeks,  and I can't wait for it to be over and it ain't even started .

I never really thought my life  would turn out like this . You know .

I had dreams for myself , for Jason and I. There was a point in time that I actually saw us old . Chasing after our little grand babies . Him loving me and me doing the same to him .

Having wrinkles and still feeling timeless whenever we're together . Renewing our vows to each other when we're 60 and just loving and simply adoring everything about each other .

Vows . His vows to me .

Flashback

"... and I will love you forever . You'll be the first thought on my mind in the morning and the last at night . The person that inspires me to be the best . The love of my entire being . I swear to God that you'll be the only woman I will ever love like this .

I want to love you even when we're old . To tell our grandchildren about how when  you were younger you'd always sit in the library during recess . I want to build a family with you Cassandra Miller .

From this day forth , I promise to love and to hold you , in sickness and in health , for richer for poorer . Till death do us part . I love you Cassandra Smith." he ends it on a sweet note .

Then he kisses my cheek . My eyes are tearing up . My mouth is dry and my hand  is shaking while the ring is being slipped on my finger . He pecks my lips

End of flashback

Everything that he's promised me was never fulfilled . I feel so empty right now . I think I'm going to throw up.

Authors note .

Sorry again for the late update.  But what do you think . Do you think Cassandra has a mental problem? Comment down below .⬇️

I'd appreciate hearing your feedback . It matters most .🤲🥰

Vote , comment and recommend.

Nic275

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 153K 61
[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her best to fit in the pack. Just when she tho...
1.2M 36.1K 77
What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a cheater . Cassandra Smith is sent to j...
980K 62.3K 32
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...