Mistress of Death Meets Beyond

De KyssaraSnowheart

The war was finally over, but the price took its toll. After defeating Voldemort, Hazel Willow Potter was tol... Mai multe

Prologue
Arrival
Neo-Gotham and High School
Suspicion
Outing
Club 54 Level

New Student

2K 102 4
De KyssaraSnowheart

Two days later Hazel was riding back to the city for her first day of school.

After her run in with the clowns, she had let off some steam dueling and fighting to the point of barely being able of moving any of her muscles.

She may be immortal, but that didn't mean she would allow anyone bring her harm if she had a say in it. Killian had been there to observe and on standby in case she needed help.

The school came into view and she finds a place to park before making her way inside, ignoring the way people were staring and talking about her. She makes her way to the office and gets her class schedule with a map and heads in the direction of her first class just as the warning bell was heard.

So focused on the task of finding the right classroom, she bumped into someone.

"Hey, watch it!"

Hazel recognized that voice. Looking up her green eyes meet a pair of surprised blue ones.

"Hazel!"

"We have to stop meeting like this," she responds with a light chuckle as she puts down her map. "But I guess it's a good thing because I haven't a bloody clue as to where to go."

"Wait, you're coming to school? This school?" Terry asks with some confusion lased with surprise as he keeps staring at her.

"Well of course. Why else would I have been doing here a couple of days ago?" Hazel points out the obvious.

Terry shakes his head and chuckles. "You're right, let me see your schedule." She hands it over and he reads it over. "Hey two of the first classes you share with me along with gym before lunch and the last class of the day."

"Well that's convenient, guess I'm following you for now."

Both set out towards the classroom at a quicken pace until they reached it and Hazel hesitates. Terry notices and turns to her. "What is it?"

"I'm just nervous I guess. You know the whole new kid in school and all."

"Hey, you've nothing to worry about. Just take a deep breath and then the first step, I'll be waiting inside." With that, Terry walks in and heads to his spot towards the front. The bell was about to ring when he hears the others students whisper and then sees Hazel walk pass him towards the teacher to speak with.

Finally, the bell rang and the teacher stood. "Everyone, we have a new student joining our school. This is Hazel Black. Could you tell us a little about yourself?"

"Well, for starters I'm British and this is my first time attending a public school."

Terry noticed how she seemed to flush as she spoke, but her voice was loud and strong for everyone to hear.

"Are there any questions you would like to ask me? That is of course if it's alright with you professor."

Said teacher's eyes widen some over the fact she had manners. "Of course, though if any make you uncomfortable, let them know and you can take a seat on the row behind Mr. McGinnis. Mr. McGinnis please raise you hand."

Hazel and Terry both held in a smile as he does so and she finds him and nods.

"Why did you leave Britain?" A girl asks near the back.

"I was born and raised there. I wanted a change, so I decided to move here to experience some new things."

"Is your head naturally that vibrant red?" Another girl asks with a little envy.

"Yes, this is my natural hair color."

"Do you have a boyfriend you left back in Britain? Because if so, you can hang out with me anytime."

Hazel turned towards the boy that had spoken and immediately got jock and bully vibes from him, making her eyes narrow some. "Actually no. No boyfriend since all the boys back there were nothing but greedy pigs. With a few exceptions of course." She responds, looking at the jock dead in the eye.

"What about family?" A girl close to Terry asks.

The atmosphere changed at that question and everyone noticed. Hazel's eyes dimmed and she looked to the floor, her fists clenching. Terry's eyes widened. He knew that look and posture all to well.

"Ms. Tan, I believe-"

"They aren't my family." Hazel says, interrupting the teacher before walking to her new seat, leaving everyone baffled at her words and what they meant. She was either not wanted by her family, or her family was dead.

"Err, thank you Ms. Black for that. Now onto the lesson."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel and Terry walked together towards gym class in silence. Ever since the first morning class, Hazel has been quiet and recluse, only staying near Terry and he near her.

"What should I expect in this class? Other than the obvious." Hazel suddenly asks, making a few heads turn her way since they hadn't heard her talk and she was the new girl.

"Well seeing as you're new, coach will more than likely make you do beginner stuff to see where you stand in P.E."

Hazel could only sigh and nod before heading to the girls locker room, change and find out who her coach would be.

"Hi there."

Turning to her right, Hazel looks at the blond headed girl that had talked to her. "I'm Chelsea Cunningham. We go to the same morning classes."

"Hello Chelsea."

"I have to say, I love your accent and your clothes too!" She says in glee, making me blink. "That isn't why I approached you, I saw you walking with McGinnis over here. You two know each other already?"

"He bumped into me a few days ago as I was exploring the school before deciding to give me a small tour before his next class."

"Yeah, Terry can be a bit rough on the edges but he's a sweetheart...well not so much now."

Hazel's eyebrow goes up at that. "Sounds like there's some drama happening around him."

"The thing is, a week or so ago he ended his relationship with Dana and she didn't take it well. Even I'm surprised since they've been together for a long time."

"Let me guess; he didn't give her a good enough reason."

"Got it in one. Ever since then he's been depressed, even more so when Dana started hanging out with some boys so quickly." Chelsea says before covering her mouth, "why am I telling you this?"

Hazel simply shrugs. "Anyway, do you know who I should go to for my first class in P.E?"

"Oh, you should talk to Coach Fitz. Did Terry tell you what you would more than likely have to do?"

"He did. Thanks Chelsea, also what does Coach Fitz look like?"

"Oh, he has a blue shirt on and wears a green cap."

"Thanks," and with that Hazel walks out to find the coach. Who she found rather quickly and was surprised by his...form. "Coach Fitz?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm Hazel Black, the new student."

"Oh yeah, I was told you would be starting today. Well today I want you to do 4 laps as a warm up but you can't walk. Afterwards some stretches before doing pull-ups, pushups, and bench presses."

"How many of each?"

"As many as you can within a minute. Now get going," and Hazel began to jog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel was doing her bench pressing before Coach Fitz blew the whistle and she put it back were it rested.

"I thought you were a beginner!"

"No coach, you assumed I was. You never asked me if I'd ever done any sort of physical activity before coming here."

Said coach had the decency to look flustered. "Yeah, that was my bad. Anyway, now that I know I'll be making you swim for the remainder of the period."

"Good thing I brought my swimsuit..." she mumbles as she heads to change again, but feeling a little lazy, simply flicked her wrist once making sure she was alone and her clothes were replaced by her swimsuit. She applied a glamour to hide her scars and followed coach to the pool area where all the other students were.

Everyone paused what they were doing the moment she walked in. Most of the boys almost salivating as they watched her, while most of the girls watched her with envy.

"Alright Ms. Black, just get in and do a few laps to get accustomed before joining the class for water aerobics."

Hazel nods and goes to one end before jumping in.

The whole class watched in awe as she swam to almost half way underwater before swimming above it, and she wasn't even having a hard time! Hazel swam with grace, like she belonged in the water.

After a few laps, she stops and takes in even and slow breaths. She was barely out of breath! Were the thoughts of the whole class before she joined them.

"Alright everyone, let's begin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How were you able to keep up with us during gym class?! You were barely out of breath by the time coach told us we could hit the showers!" Chelsea demands as they make their way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"I used to be in a sports team in Britain, and my captain was a passionate level fanatic over it. Made us practice before the sun was even peaking from the horizon and even in harsh weather. Needles to say after years of that, I've built up my stamina, strength speed and agility." Hazel answers and watches as Chelsea heads to the line. "I already have something made to eat, I'll see you inside."

Chelsea nods and Hazel heads inside to find a table to eat. Thankfully she finds an empty one and makes her way there, taking out her home cooked meal and begins to eat just as someone sits in front of her.

"Have to say, it's been a long time since someone has left coach speechless." Terry says as he starts to eat.

Hazel chuckles as she eats her chicken alfredo pasta. "You should have seen his reaction when I did the beginner course he had for me."

"I'll take your word for it. On that note, where did you get that pasta?" He asks as he takes another bite of his own lunch just as Chelsea joins.

"I made it."

"Wait, you cook?" Terry asks in surprise as Chelsea remains quiet and watches.

"I do, why do you sound so surprise about that?"

"Well...Not many teenagers enjoy cooking is all. You're parents must be both surprised and proud of you."

The moment he said that, was the moment Terry wished he could kick himself. Hazel's eyes grew cold and she goes back to eat in silence. The moment Hazel finished, she got up and walked away.

"You idiot Terry! Why did you have to say that?"

"It just slipped! I didn't think she would react like that. I mean, she's our age and just moved here."

"Did you forget about how she went silent when Dana asked about her family? That probably means they either sent her away--"

"Or she lost them. I'm such an idiot."

"Yes, you are."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10K 250 26
The Potters an ancient line of powerful wizards and witches though not just wealth or social statues or blood but by magic only a select few can true...
102K 1.9K 70
---------------------------- When the Wizarding World falls. Who will Rise? 'You put your faith in the wrong person.Don't you see Potter? I was born...
4.6K 221 41
"I've never really had a family. When you become a werewolf at age 5, not everyone is going to stay by your side. For years, I've kept my conditions...
245 19 47
*Ongoing* (SEQUEL TO UNBREAK) UNRAVEL book 6: Hogwarts was no longer safe as it once was now that Albus Dumbledore, the only wizard capable of taking...