Autumn's Moon

By Iheartdamon

Autumn Chamberlin isn't your normal highschool girl at all, infact, I'm pretty sure she's far from normal as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

56 2 1
By Iheartdamon

                           Cash

Cash had been constantly pacing the floor ever since the Chamberlain brothers denied the offer of joining his pack. Didn't they know he wasn't asking for the hell of it, but telling them? If they only knew what happened to the others who once tried to deny him. But then again he thought to himself, if they did know it wouldn't be taking them as long. The brothers were just delaying the inevitable. They would join. Cash had been deciding all day whether to go over to that disgrace of a packs house and tell them exactly what he would do to them if they went against him, against his pack, but with taking a deep breath he thought better of it. He had to think this through rationally when it came to the brothers. He knew the Chamberlain's were the type to disobey if he kept pressuring or demanding the matter. And that's when Cash had an idea. If he continued to let the brothers think they had a choice it would give him the upper hand. All he had to do was let the brothers think they were in control when in reality they were one step behind. 

That however didn't go over too well when he tried explaining it to Silas, his beta and best friend since diapers. Silas thought Cash had officially lost his mind. His best friend couldn't understand why Cash didn't just take what he wanted. He was Alpha. He had power. And as much as Cash trusted Silas he didn't want to tell him the reasoning behind his actions. If the Chamberlains didn't join, then Cash was in for a challenge of positioning. It was stated centuries ago in an agreement with the ancestors that only one Alpha and his pack would live in a district, so a power surge would never happen. A power surge was the the slaughtering of packs until one person alone could consume all their power and be held the reigning Alpha. 

Cash knew there would be blood shed if it came down to it and he didn't want it to ever go that far. He didn't want to take the risk of losing anymore werewolves. They were becoming less and less everyday.

If the Chamberlain's did decide to challenge Cash and lose, it would mean their lives. By going against an Alpha they would be made an example of and with the killing of them was a message for all. If any other pack or wolf wanted to challenge their Alpha this would be their outcome, their ending.

Just as Cash stopped pacing the door to his office flew open. There in the doorway was a breathless Silas. Cash didn't even have a chance to yell at him about barging into his workplace before his best friend held up his hand for a second to catch his breath.

" You're never going to believe what we found in the woods. You're going to want to see this for yourself."

Cash could have argued about not having time, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't intrigued. He complied and followed Silas into the east wing of the house which held their makeshift hospital room.

"This better be good" he spoke as if he was truly bored.

Silas looked over his shoulder as he was about to open the door. " Oh, trust me, it is." He smirked trying not to laugh. Cash honestly had no idea what to expect as he walked into the room after his friend, but he could most definitely say he never thought it would be that. 

There laid upon the bed was a girl, unconscious and naked. The thin sheet being the only material covering her. He couldn't deny she was beautiful, especially the way her strawberry blonde hair fanned out over the white pillow and the peaceful look she had on her face. 

Cash didn't even know where to begin, what to even ask, so he turned to Silas who was looking over his shoulder at the girl. Cash raised his eyebrow as if asking "What the hell is this?" Silas smiled for the longest time before replying, " Have I told you how much I love my job?" Cash couldn't help letting a laugh slip out before drilling his best friend. " Silas. Details would be nice."

"Right, well, Wes and I went to check the boarder like we do everyday and there just about twelve miles onto our land we found her laying in the leaves. Unconscious, and naked. We checked to see if she was still breathing and when we found a pulse, Wes called Sera to get a spot ready." Sera was one of the eldest werewolves in her late sixties who looked after the pack if someone was sick or injured. 

"Cash, what is she?" Silas whispered so that none of the other wolves in the house wouldn't overhear. Cash was thinking the same thing Silas said. He had absolutely no idea. "Werewolf?"

Silas shook his head, " Their would be a scent. Wes couldn't smell anything either."

"Human" Cash questioned again. Once again Silas shook his head before speaking, " That's the thing, we can't scent that either.

"What the hell are you?" Cash whispered under his breath to the mysterious girl laid before him.

Silas put his hands behind his neck interlocking them. "That my friend is a damn good question."

After getting every last detail out of Silas and Wes, Cash ended back up where he started, clueless. How does one stumble upon a girl in the middle of woods? The better question is how does a girl end up alone in the middle of the woods unconscious? As Cash tried to go over the details, Silas wanted to joke around. His best friend honestly thought this was the best thing to ever happen in his life. Wouldn't want Cameron, his on and off again girlfriend hearing him say that.

While Cash made Silas remain in the office for obvious reasons he sent Wes every hour to check on her until Sera got back from the pack meeting. Cash had opted out of it deal with the unknown girl. When Sera left he told her to mention it to no one. He knew she would understand.

"Shes awake. And Furious." The voice came within Cash's head, by the way Silas jumped out his chair he knew he had heard the same message.

Werewolves were stronger in everything. The hearing worked in two ways, the first was the usual were they could hear miles and miles away, but the second part was they could talk to each other without even opening their mouths. That's how Wes communicated with them.

"Guys, now would be nice shes pretty fucking strong!"

In less than two seconds after, Cash and Silas barged into the door. Their stood the girl, one hand holding up the cloth around her body and the other hand throwing any objects that she could find. 

"Stay away from me!" she screamed as Wes kept dodging the objects, holding his hands up in surrender.

As entertaining as it was, Cash knew the way the objects were hitting Wes that she was stronger than she looked. "Enough!" he growled gaining the girls attention. She hadn't known he and Silas were even there.

"Enough?" she laughed under her breath. "This is kidnapping!"

"You sure don't look like a kid from here" Silas intervened with a smirk on his face. The girl standing  in front of them was appalled and by the look on her face quite disgusted, but then it just changed. She cocked her head to side biting her lip. "What's your name." she was not speaking to Cash, but to his best friend who stood beside him. He hated to admit it, but he was offended.

Silas was shocked at first, but he gained back his ego in no time. "Silas." he answered walking towards her. " What's yours."

It wasn't until Silas came to close to the girl that Cash realized what she was she doing. She was manipulating him. He had no time to tell his best friend to step away when he saw the flash of the syringe in her hand.  "Silas!" 

It was too late. She grabbed Silas by the arm spinning him around to face Cash and Wes, Then she stabbed him with the syringe in the center of his neck. "How do I look now" she whispered into his ear while he slipped from her grasp and hit the floor.

She looked deadly.

Cash knew his best friend wasn't dead because the only thing contained in the syringe was a sedate. He had to admit the girl was impressive.

"Let me go." she spoke looking directly at him. He knew he couldn't do that not while she was this aggressive and dangerous. So, he tried distracting her with questions he wanted answered.

"I will, but I want a couple answers first." he was not asking, but demanding.

The girl looked around the room knowing she was trapped with no way out. She however did not show defeat, but looked him square in the eye and said " You have one question. Better make it good."

He laughed at that. He genuinely laughed, the girl in front of him was amusing. If she only knew what he could do to her. When he regained his composure he looked back to the girl who was not to amused, but furious. "Darling, I think you know you're at a disadvantage here. You have nothing to bargain." he smirked knowing he had her where he wanted her. Especially when he saw Wes creeping up behind her grabbing another syringe off the floor. All he had to do now was keep distracting her. 

"Name?" 

She found that amusing, laughing ever so lightly she smirked. "Fuck off."

Cash had to take a deep breath, no one had ever tested his patience like the girl who stood in front of him. His anger had always been a problem to control and she was pushing every last button he had.

"What's wrong" she whispered cocking her head to the side, " Afraid of a girl?" 

Cash eyed her suspiciously. She had cocked her head to the same side that Wes was creeping quietly up on. As if helping him get a better angle. 

As Wes came up on her she didn't move, in fact, she stood still. Wes didn't hesitant at all as he stabbed her with syringe. Her eyes slowly began to shut, but before they closed all the way she winked at Cash and reached behind her grabbing Wes's neck, flipping him down in front of her. Wes had never saw it coming and neither did Cash. She broke his neck. Wes was out cold. 

They had underestimated her once again. She wasn't just strong, she was smart. 

Pulling the syringe from her neck she threw it to the ground laughing. " Personally, I would be afraid."

He should of been, but what kind of Alpha would that make him? " Why didn't the sedate work?" 

"Isn't that a change in questions." 

He said nothing. He needed to know what he was up against. 

"While your little friend here" she pointed down to Wes "left the room the last time he came to check on me I poured out all the syringes expect for the one and filled the rest with adrenaline." They had really underestimated her. Except she didn't see one thing coming. 

"NOW!" He shouted. The room around them begin filling with a gas like material that would put anyone to their knees, even him. That's why he quickly run out the door locking it behind him. Looking to the right side he saw Sera pressing the button. 

"Enough." he commanded after hearing the girl locked behind the door scream in pain. The gas was laced with liquefied sliver and sleeping serum. 

She had to be a werewolf he thought to himself the sliver burned her. She was also way to stronge not to be. Even with the adrenaline running through her, he could tell it wore off after ten minutes of being in her blood stream, she was too strong for it.

Cash hated to admit it, but the one thing that saved him from not getting his neck broken was Sera coming home early. He heard her coming up the stairs to the room, when he shouted. Sera knew something wasn't right and pressed the button without even hesitating.

"We have to get Silas and Wes out of there." Cash spoke pressing his back against the door as he sank to the floor. 

Sera spoke softly, " They'll be fine child, they were already knocked out. In a couple minutes it will be OK to go back in."

Cash just shook his head agreeing when he heard Sera the quietest person start laughing. He looked up.

"I'm sorry" she help up her hands, " But you must admit that girl has been the closest thing ever to almost taking this pack out.  She's a feisty thing, isn't she?"

Cash felt him self laugh as he rubbed his hands over his face. " What the hell is she?"

Sera looked at her Alpha for moment before speaking, " I believe the question you should be asking is who is she?" Sera turned to leave after that, laughing to herself the whole way down the steps.

Cash knew if anyone else had called him a child or even laughed at him he would have snapped, but Sera was the closest thing to a mother he had ever had. He respected her too much for that.

After a couple more minutes of waiting by the door Cash finally opened it. There laid his two friends were he had left them and the girl curled up in the corner of the room, unconscious once again. He picked her up putting her on top of the bed and began looking for another sheet to place over the one she had wrapped around herself.

" I have to give it too you," he whispered. " You're the most interesting and annoying thing I have ever come across." After that he dragged both of his friends out of the room and locked the door behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.4K 42
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
5.1M 129K 77
"Tell me girl, why did you and your worthless self waltz into my territory?" An unfamiliar voice booms just before me. I keep my head down as my eye...
42.1K 1K 37
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...
1.1M 44.1K 52
#1 Captured 16/11/2019 *COMPLETED* BOOK 3 of the BLOOD MOON PACK. Solomon Nightwalker is the brother of the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. One of the...