The Chosen

By Tasergirl

Instead of avoiding the Mikaelson ball as she had been aiming to do, Bonnie was talked into going. What would... More

Ember
Heart
Dance
Game Night
Somebody
Going Over
The Start
And You Are?
A.N.
Burn
Survivor
Explanations
Twisted
Prophecy
We Stand
Rise
Returned
Welcome
You Should Be Scared
Bonds
Before

Surprise

4.7K 163 81
By Tasergirl

Elijah Mikaelson watched as his temperamental brother threw a chair at the wall, a roar erupting from him. After watching as the winged man carried Bonnie off he'd been in a rage, and as usual, Elijah had to calm him. Yet before the elder brother could even attempt it, Callon stepped up, grabbing the next piece of furniture before he could fling it.

"This is pointless" Callon told the hybrid seriously. It was obvious to the Fae man that the half breed cared for Bonnie but his temperament could very well be their doom.

"Maybe, but it stops me from mounting your head on a spike" Klaus growled at the man angrily. Callon nearly rolled his eyes, but stopped himself settling on a sigh. They had all been on edge since seeing Bonnie carried off into the night.

"I am her protector, I will find her" Callon said walking away. Before he could get far, his path was blocked by the hybrid and his younger brother, Kol.

"See that won't do" Kol told him in a sing song voice, though his eyes promised something far more deadly. "We want the witch, so if you know anything at all, is suggest you tell us"

"Is that all she is to you then? A witch? You mean to use her?" Callon asked, though his question wasn't answered, for a moment later his back was slammed against a wall. Slim arms trapping him.

"How dare you question our motives when all you want is to send Bonnie straight to the people who want her dead" Rebekah growled out at him, barring her fangs as she held him to the wall, her forearm on his throat. "You will tell us where she is or I will rip your arms from your body, you don't exactly need them to talk" Callon had heard tales of her before. The girl who loved too easily. It seemed Bonnie was now one of her loves, in what way, he couldn't be sure yet.

"I have to track her" Callon growled out. Rebekah glared at him fiercely as Klaus walked up beside her, a smirk on his face as he looked at the Fae man.

"And how would you do that? And the one who carried her away is one of your men is he not?" Klaus asked making Callon growl. Callon felt the indignation rise in him immediately.

"Do not mistake that degenerate for any of the kingdoms men, The Shadow Man is barely Fae" Callon exclaimed at the hybrid, only being held in place by Rebekah's hold on him. Klaus smirk widened at the reaction he got from him.

"Then you should have no problem in leading us to her now" Klaus told him, his smirk never leaving. Callon rolled his eyes as he looked at the half breed before him.

"What do you expect of me? I cannot simply snap my fingers and know where she is" Callon explained as Rebekah tightened her hold on him.

"Well what can you do?" She asked sarcastically. Before Callon could respond Caroline walked in, her eyes immediately rolling when she took on the scene before her.

"If you're done, Lucy's doing a locator spell" she told the room before walking back out. The rest of the occupants in the room only took a moment to look at each other, before following the blonde out, ready to find Bonnie.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
When Bonnie woke up to splitting headache, she wasn't surprised. From what she remembered she didn't exactly leave the mansion on her own terms, someone had taken her. She didn't understand why, when she woke up and saw him standing over her, she thought he was just going to kill her.

Bonnie felt ground bellow her, the dirt was soft, and she could smell the earth around her. The air was moist and cold, Bonnie thought she was in a cave, but she didn't want to open her eyes in case her kidnapper was there. Steps coming towards her, told her she was right in at least that respect.

"I know you are awake" the man said, his voice low and gravely. His lightly accented voice reminded Bonnie of Elijah's. It wasn't exactly English but it wasn't American. It was old world.

Groaning she opened her eyes, picking herself off the ground. She was in the caves under Mystic Falls. She always got a cold feeling up her spine whenever she entered here. Candles were lit around the area and Bonnie saw a man standing above her.

"What do you want" she asked, as she began to stand. She wasn't going to let him stand over her. Seeing her stubbornness, the man nearly smiled, nearly.

"I want to know what is so special about you" he asked as he looked her over. She didn't look much different from most other Fae, granted she was beautiful, but as descendant to Qetsiyah it was a given. Bonnie raised an eyebrow at him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"If you don't know, why did you kidnap me? Why didn't you just kill me? Weren't those your orders?" She asked watching as he raised an eyebrow at her. Instead of answering, he turned, grabbing something and throwing at her. Bonnie frowned as she caught it, looking down to find a water bottle.

"I'm sure you're thirsty" the man said as he sat on a large, flat, rock. Bonnie checked the cap quickly, making sure it wasn't tampered with, before unscrewing it and drinking.

"Who are you?" Bonnie asked him tiredly, her face showing the fatigue she'd been feeling. It had been a stressful few days.

"The Shadow Man" he told her simply, watching as she raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's your name? Your real actual name?" She asked him incredulously. She couldn't even attempt to cover the disbelief in her tone. The small witch watched as amusement danced in his eyes.

"That is how the world knows me" he told the small being before him. He watched as she frowned, pressing her lips together softly.

"Will you tell me?" She asked him softly, watching as he looked at her. A ghost of an expression flashed across his face. Sighing she shrugged.

"Why?" He asked making her shrug.

"You haven't killed me yet" She told him simply. The man had to stop himself as a chuckle threatened to escape his lips. The small witch tilted her head as she looked at the witch.

"My mother named me Beorn" he told her, his voice low and gravely as he looked at her. Bonnie nearly smiled as she looked back at him, nodding her head.

"I like that name better" she told him with a smirk. Beorn raised an eyebrow as he looked at her. As Bonnie looked around, she remembered why she was there, and a frown marred her face. "What do you want" Bonnie reiterated, looking at her captor seriously. Taking a breath the man looked up at her.

"You said something before you went unconscious" he said seriously, watching the girl frown. "You said that killing you won't be the end, and that he'd take us down with him"he clarified.

Bonnie nodded at him as she sat down, her eyes looking down at the floor in front of him. The small witch/Fae hybrid looked from the floor to the man seriously.

"If I explain it to you, will you still try to kill me?" She asked making a smirk appear on his face. The action surprised him greatly. He couldn't remember the last time he'd smirked or smiled at anyone.

"Try?" He asked making her chuckle slightly.

"I'm tougher than I look" she told him with a slight shrug. Nodding he took a breath. It seemed that was true, he had seen what she could do after all.

"If you tell me everything you know, I will consider it" he said making her smirk at him.

"Well the story's long enough for the magic dampener to wear off" she said with a shrug, taking another sip of water. The man let out a loud laugh, smirking at her, impressed. The sound surprised him but he was too pleased to truly care.

"You noticed that?" He asked, making her nod at him. Smiling slightly, he gestured for her to continue with her story. "Well then, please explain, my queen"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Elena walked into the dungeons, and watched as Borra sat up, his eyes watching her stride in with purpose. Walking up to him she stopped, grabbing a sword from beside the door, and holding it to his throat. The action surprised the Fae man greatly. Elena had seemed the most docile of all her peers, sometimes even dim witted.

"And here I thought we were getting along" he said, grunting as she dug the end of the sword into his throat slightly.

"What the hell are they planning to do with Bonnie" the brunette practically growled out to him. Borra frowned at her question.

"What are you talking about?" He asked as she narrowed her eyes at him angrily.

"Your people, they took her, Bonnie is gone!" She accused the man angrily. She was tired, worried, and extremely angry. She needed him to talk now.

"If you hadn't noticed all of my people were burned by your witch" he spat out angrily. Elena growled as she pushed the sword deeper, drawing blood.

"Not all of them, now who the fuck took Bonnie?! Someone snuck in here last night, took her and flew off with her where did they go?!" she said beginning to panic. Lucy had been attempting to do a locator spell all day and hasn't come up with anything, Borra felt like their last hope.

Something in Borra's face changed at that moment. Suddenly, before Elena could blink, the man took he sword from her and cut off his bindings. Shocked Elena took a step back, fear filling her completely.

"I know who took her" he said his voice low as he spoke to her. Before walking past the doppelgänger and up the stairs. Determination in every stride.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As Bonnie finished her story, beginning from when she found out about the supernatural and Firilanid to that moment, The Shadow Man frowned. He'd heard of this realms witches before. Most of them knew of their gifts from a young age. He wondered why she didn't. Unless she was lying.

"And that's the story so far" she finished, while he nodded at her. The frown on her face deepened when he let out a sigh.

"I think you're lying" he told her, watching as she rolled her eyes at him. "You expect me to believe that all this time, you simply had no idea you were neither witch nor Fae?" He asked her. He knew a witch of her caliber certainly would've exhibited the signs, especially mixed with Fae blood.

"It's the truth" she told him seriously. Bonnie watched as Beorn walked forward, producing a knife, the witch had no idea from where.

"For what it is worth, I am sorry, but I must do this" he told her. Bonnie growled as he stood in front of her, the change in her causing Beorn to look at her in surprise. Her eyes were electric, like lightening flashing in the night.

"You know I'm getting tired of people telling me their sorry about something and doing it anyway" she growled, surprising him when she grabbed his own weapon from the sheath on his hip.

Pulling the sword from its sheath, and knocking the dagger from his hand, Bonnie glared at him. "If you want to kill me, you better damn well earn it" Bonnie told him, her voice deadly.

After being cornered by Callon in the reading nook, he'd made sure she knew at least the basics of sword fighting, not to mention what Klaus and Rebekah had quickly shown her. According to them, she was a natural, but she still needed some work. She should at least be able to hold him off until her magic replenished. Hopefully.

Beorn smirked at her slightly, pulling another sword from out of nowhere. Bonnie wanted to ask him where he was hiding them, but held her tongue, focusing on what was in front of her. She was absolutely terrified, but she wouldn't let it stop her. She couldn't.

When Beorn attacked, Bonnie's eyes widened, letting her instincts take over. As she blocked the sword from being brought down onto her head she groaned, he was strong. He was certainly stronger than the ones she dealt with before.

Beorn continued attacking her strategically, and while Bonnie kept blocking, fatigue began settling in her bones. He knew all he had to do was wait her out. She'd been fighting and running the last few days, she wasn't sure how much longer she'd be able to keep it up. Seeing this, Beorn attacked with more ferocity, putting more muscle into his blows.

As Bonnie blocked another blow, she made a mistake, leaving her stomach open. Seeing it immediately, Beorn attacked, kicking her stomach. As Bonnie landed against the wall, she began coughing, attempting to get air back in her lungs, while Beorn strided towards her.

"I truly do regret this" he said before bringing a foot down onto her leg. As it broke, twisting to an unnatural angle, Bonnie yelled out in pain. Tears welled in her eyes at as she grabbed it.

Anger and adrenaline began to course through her suddenly. The lightening that had faded from her eyes returning full force. Feeling her power return Bonnie looked up at him, and held her hand out, slamming Beorn against the cave wall. The impact so hard, it caused rocks to break apart from the wall.

"So you do have the power" he commented, not even attempting to struggle against her magic. He knew it would be a fruitless attempt. She was too strong.

"I have my power, Bennett power, I have no idea how to access my Fae side" Bonnie said as she painfully began to stand, limping up to him. "Now I want you to listen to me" she said as she stopped in front of him.

"I am Bonnie Bennett, daughter of Rudy Hopkins and Abigail Bennett, granddaughter of Sheila Bennett, I am the last of my line" she told him, her voice strong. "And I am done getting pushed around, so you're going to listen to me and if you decide not to, you die. It's that simple" she told him seriously. As her hands went to his temples he knew what she would do, yet still braced himself.

"Insertia" she whispered. As with Borra, Bonnie's memories flooded into Beorns mind, consuming him. He could taste the cookies her grandmother made. He could feel her pain when her mother left. The fear of figuring out she was a witch, filled to the brim with magic. He could feel the grief, the fear, the joy, the annoyance, the love, he could feel everything she'd felt.

Every major moment in her life flashed in his mind. Including Callon telling her of Fae. He felt her confusion, but mostly, he felt her fear. The fear of failure, of being inadequate. She didn't even know of them a full 24 hours and she was worried she'd be a disappointment.

When Bonnie let go of his head, watching as he let out a gasp, she lifted her spell. As he fell to the floor, Bonnie shook her head. She hated playing with peoples minds. She especially hated telling strangers about herself, let alone letting them see it, and feel it. Yet it seemed that was the only way he'd understand.

"Do you believe me now" she asked watching as he stood. Beorn did believe her. He knew Earth realm witches spells, she didn't trick him, she didn't manipulate him. She was simply telling the truth.

"I do" he told her. The Bennett witch sighed as she saw him attempt to stand. When she realized that he couldn't, she rolled her eyes, cursing herself as she went over to help him. The fae man was surprised by the small half breed helping him up and leading him to a nearby rock.

"Does this mean you're going to stop trying to kill me?" She asked him tiredly, grunting as they sat, side by side. Beorn sighed as he nodded.

"You are my queen, you are an innocent, and I believe you can bring peace to Firilanid" he told her, watching as her face fell. Breathing out he looked at her softly. "I was in your mind my queen, I know you, and I know once you see the beauty of Firilanid you will love and protect it as your ancestors did" he told her, making the small Bennett shake her head.

"So everyone keeps telling me" Bonnie muttered. It seemed everyone thought once she saw it, she'd fall in love with it and automatically be a queen. "I don't know how to be a queen, I can barely keep myself alive, how am I supposed to take care of an entire kingdom?" She asked making him sigh.

"Despite what people say, no one is born to rule, my lady" he told her, making Bonnie look up at him. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she listened to his words. "The greatest Kings and Queens never thought they would be great, but they did the best they could for their kingdom and they all learned along the way, with people they trusted to help guide them" he told her softly. Bonnie breathed out softly as she looked down, before he saw determination cross her face.

"For now, we focus on taking down the son of a bitch on the throne, after that... we'll see what happens" she told him. Beorn nodded at her softly. She wasn't ready now but he knew, that in time, she would be.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Caroline and Elena shared a sigh as they watched the people around them argue. Their anger slowly simmering as they watched the others argue like children. Rebekah and Finn were with Lucy, as she did a spell, with Borra's blood.

As soon as the Fae man walked into the room, with the doppelgänger behind him, all hell broke loose. Klaus immediately attacked, along with Finn and Kol, Elijah looked at Elena curiously, wondering what was running through the doppelgängers mind. Damon and Stefan had been gone, trying to see if they could pick up a trail, or find her, with any luck. Rebekah and Lucy had been working on spells to find Bonnie, only to be interrupted by the commotion, while Caroline began checking Elena for injuries.

Everyone was surprised when Borra offered his blood, wanting to help catch the man who took her. Callon sighed as he looked at the kings guard. He knew why Borra wanted to help, he knew of their past, and he knew that he would quickly sacrifice Bonnie's life if it meant getting to The Shadow Man.

Klaus was still yelling, arguing with Borra, trading insults. Kol was currently drinking, and adding commentary, trying to distract himself from his own worries. Elijah was the only one who heard it. Lucy walked into the room, with Rebekah and Finn, a map in her hand as she looked around the room.

"I found them" she said though her voice was laced with confusion. All arguments stopped as she looked at the occupants of the room.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked, seeing as no one else in the room moved to do so. Lucy turned to him, a frown on her face.

"They're coming here" she said, confusion laced her tone, as they all rushed out. Klaus being the first one at the door, he let out a breath of relief when he saw her.

The small Bennett had some dried blood in her hair, and a few bruises on her skin, along with some cuts. She was also sporting a limp. Yet otherwise she looked perfectly fine. Next to her stood a dark haired man, his eyes watching diligently as Caroline pushed passed the hybrid, rushing to Bonnie.

"What the hell happened?" She asked the small witch, grabbing her arm and putting it over her shoulder to help her walk. Bonnie was unable to answer for as she opened her mouth Borra threw Beorn against a tree. The assassin let his wings free as he looked at the other man, drawing his sword.

"What the fuck" Bonnie yelled as they began fighting, Borra clawing at Beorn, as Beorn dodged all attacks. For some reason he stood on the defense. Bonnie didn't understand why. "That's enough!" Bonnie exclaimed, pushing them apart with her magic.

"Didn't he kidnap you!" Caroline yelled in confusion, causing the others to agree with the blonde. Elena watched Borra as he struggled against Bonnie's magic, desperately trying to get to the other man.

"I'm a self saving princess, I changed his mind" Bonnie muttered at them, it was meant as a joke but they all knew it was true. As the two fae were held apart Bonnie limped between them. Turning to Borra she frowned.

"How did you even get out" she asked the Fae man. A snort sounded from a few feet from her. Turning she smiled as she saw Rebekah, the blonde walking up to her swiftly.

"The doppelgänger, no one else was stupid enough to put a weapon near him but her" Rebekah said, earning a reprimanding glare from Bonnie. Rolling her eyes the blonde held her hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry, but that is how he escaped, though he actually helped" she added as she looked at the horned man, her arm around Bonnie as Bonnie's wrapped around her waste.

"Why?" Bonnie asked, Borra's eyes snapping to hers. Something in them told her, something had changed. She wasn't sure what, but something was different.

"He is my brother, if anyone kills him, it will be me" he growled out, surprising the small witch. As Bonnie's eyebrows raised she looked to Beorn, the dark haired man nodded.

"He speaks the truth" Beorn said, not even attempting to struggle against her magic. At least he knew there was no use in that, unlike his ignorant brother. Bonnie took a deep breath as she looked at him.

"Well from now on, no one is killing anyone" Bonnie said looking at Borra. The mans eyes widened as he looked at the half breed queen.

"He kidnapped you, he was one of your attackers" Borra said in shock. Kol raised his hand as he appeared on the other side of his Little Witch.

"As much as it pains me to say, he is right, this is the man who attacked you" Kol said searching Bonnie's face, while Elijah and Finn watched Beorn. He seemed to look at Bonnie tenderly. They didn't like it.

"He had bad information" Bonnie said simply shrugging at him. Looking back at Borra she sighed. "And what about you?" She asked the light haired brother. Borra frowned at her, watching as she approached him. "You attacked me too? Still want to kill me?" She asked, causing the man in front of her to smirk.

"Unfortunately, Fae law dictates, I no longer can" he told her. Bonnie knit her eyebrows together as she looked at him in confusion.

"Why?" She asked, watching as his face softened softly.

"I cannot say" he told her, not unkindly. Bonnie bit the inside of her lip as she looked at him. She believed him. She didn't know why but she did.

"Veritas tempus" she muttered the spell, smirking when he rolled his eyes. "What? I have to make sure" she told him with a shrug of her shoulders. Rebekah smirked as she watched him roll his eyes at her.

"Alright, I will not attempt to kill you, do you trust me now?" He told her seriously. Bonnie's eyebrows raised as he told her this. Sighing she let them go.

"Barely" she muttered as she looked at him. "The only reason I'm letting you go is because if you try anything, I can guarantee, you'll be ripped apart" she said softly, watching as amusement danced across his features. "That being said you'll be closely watched, and placed on house arrest" she told him, a smirk growing on her face when he looked at her in confusion.

"House arrest?" He asked. Bonnie smiled as she held her hands out.

"Imperium monstrum" she muttered. Borra watched as a blue light emanated around the Mikaelson estate, before quickly disappearing. "You're now confined to the Mikaelsons mansion, wouldn't want you sending word back, he needs to be surprised when I go to Firilanid" She said feeling as Callon stood beside her. Turning to her families protector she sighed.

"We have work to do" she said, watching as he smiled at her warmly. Resting a hand on her shoulder he nodded.

"That we do, but you require rest my queen" he told her softly. "The brute has caused you harm, you must also heal" Bonnie shook her head at his words, looking up at him.

"No, I can work, we have a lot to do and I have a lot to learn" she said surprising him greatly. Before she could respond to the shock on his face, Klaus approached her, done with standing in the background.

"Like you said, you've been through much on very little time, you need rest" he said bringing her arm over his shoulder and carrying her away bridal style. Bonnie began to snark at him, but still allowed him to carry her, too tired to put up a real fight.

"I told you" Lucy quipped as she appeared beside Callon, a smirk on her face. "Just let her get used to it, she'll come around, but it has to be her decision" she told him, watching as he began to nod. It seemed she would.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As Klaus led her to her room, Bonnie yawned, feeling more tired than ever. She felt like she'd either been fighting or getting knocked out lately and it was beginning to piss her off. Not to mention her leg was killing her. Beorn had been able snap it back in place, and with a small spell Bonnie was fine to walk but it still hurt. Beorn certainly felt guilty.

As Bonnie walked into the room, she had to stop herself from simply flopping on the bed. Looking down at herself she saw dirt and a bit of blood. Frowning she looked through the drawers, reminding herself to thank Caroline for grabbing her clothes. The vampire was a godsend. When she looked back up she noticed Klaus staring at her, an unreadable look on his face.

"What?" Bonnie asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Klaus sighed as he closed the door behind him, a frown on his face.

Pacing the floor in front of her bed he continued to frown. Bonnie watched him carefully, her eyebrows knit together as he kept walking in front of her. Sighing she threw the clothes on the bed, walking up to him.

"Klaus, you're started to make me worry" she told him softly, tilting her head slightly. Klaus took a breath as he looked at her.

"I've been worrying for you all day, you can handle a few moments" he told her with a raised eyebrow. Bonnie rolled her eyes at him as she nodded.

"Alright, fine, you get that" she admitted with a sigh. "You were really worried about me?" She asked him softly.Klaus let out a breath as he looked at her.

"I nearly ripped Callon's head off" he said watching as a smirk overtook her face.

"That's not exactly saying much, have you met you" she told him playfully. Klaus breathed out a soft chuckle at her words, conceding the point.

"But I didn't" he said smiling at the small witch. Bonnie shook her head, looking at the floor for a moment. "Bonnie" he said, she couldn't help but notice he said her name softly, like if he spoke too loudly she'd disappear.

"Yea" she whispered back, not wanting to break the spell they were under. For a moment, Klaus simply looked at her, contemplating something. What? She had no idea. Not yet anyway.

"Never make me worry like that again" he told her sternly, a frown on his lips as he looked her in the eye. "I can't promise I won't go on a rampage should it happen" he told her, raising an eyebrow at her in challenge. Bonnie rolled her eyes as she pushed him away.

"Way to ruin the moment" she muttered walking away. Klaus smirked as he heard her comment, walking towards the door as she grabbed her clothes, ready to take shower.

"Oh and Bonnie" he called out, his voice pleasant as she looked back at him, an eyebrow raised at him. "I have tonight's watch, I'll see you for bed" he told her with a wink, before he quickly left the room, closing the door behind him. Bonnie's mouth dropped open as she looked at where the hybrid once stood.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Caroline watched with interest, as Elena stood in front of her, making Borra food. The doppelgänger apparently felt that, if Bonnie thought he deserved a second chance, so did she. Caroline thought it might be something else, but she'd have to do more research on it, just to be sure.

"What do you think it's like?" Elena asked suddenly, stirring the pot of pasta sauce as she gazed off. Caroline frowned at the question.

"What?" She asked making Elena give her a deadpan look, and stop storing the pot. Rolling her eyes Elena sighed.

"Firilanid, Bonnie's kingdom" Elena said watching as Caroline's face filled with worry. The blonde shrugged as she thought of it, though she couldn't concentrate, she was too worried.

"From Callon, Borra and Beorn, it's probably like something out of Lord of the Rings" Caroline said with a shrug, watching as Elena conceded the point. Callon even looked like one of the main characters, Aragorn, she still couldn't believe Bonnie made them watch it.

Caroline watched the doppelgänger as she sighed. Frowning she reached over to counter, putting a hand on her forearm gently. As Elena looked at the blonde, she gave a weak smile, while Caroline tilted her head at her.

"I'm worried about Bonnie too, but if she can handle Klaus, she can handle anything" Caroline told her seriously, before a smile came across her face. "Besides she's got us" she told the doppelgänger. Elena nodded at her words, though on her head she wasn't sure. As a thought occurred to her she nodded, turning to the blonde.

"Can you finish this?" She asked pointing to the spaghetti, watching Caroline look at her, a question on the tip of her tongue. "I have an idea" she told the blonde. Though she was frowning, Caroline nodded at her, hoping she'd tell her soon.

As Elena walked through the Mikaelson mansion, trying to find her way around, she looked for a certain winged man. When she found him, sharpening weapons of all things, she sighed. She wasn't his biggest fan, but it was either this, or continue being the weakest link.

"I need your help" she said as she sat in front of him. Borra looked up from his sword, watching the doppelgänger with interest.

"And what makes you think I'd help you, you helped them keep me hostage, and held a sword to my throat" he muttered, before looking down and continuing on his sword. Elena sighed as she sat back on the couch, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You attacked us first, you attacked Bonnie, you're lucky Klaus hasn't killed you yet" she told him truthfully. Elena watched as a slow smirk crept across his face.

"What is it you want?" He asked, putting his sword down as he looked at the brunette in front of him.

"I want you to teach me how to fight" she said watching as he knit his eyebrows together. Frowning at her he shifted forward.

"It's seems there are more than enough here who can teach you" he told her. Elena leaned forward as well, looking the man in his eyes.

"Not like you" she said seriously. "they can't teach me how to fight against people as strong and deadly as you" she told him her voice low as she thought of the people who attacked them.

"The half breed seemed deadly enough" Borra commented. Elena frowned at his answer, trying not to stomp her foot and demand he teach her.

"You seem more trained than Klaus is" she told him honesty, watching as he gave her a slight shrug. He was. "so will you train me or not, I wanted you to do it but I'm sure Callon wouldn't mind showing me" she told him.

Silently she wondered why she hadn't gone to her friends protector. Granted he was more worried about Bonnie and Lucy, but she was sure he wouldn't mind teaching her something so she wouldn't be completely defenseless. He wouldn't want her dragging them down after all.

"I will train you" he concedes, watching as a large smile overtakes her face. Pointing a dagger at her he narrows his eyes. "But you will train seriously, I will not be easy on you, regardless of your faults" he said looking her up and down. Elena raised an eyebrow at his words.

"Faults?" She asked, crossing her arms. "You mean being a human?" She asked him, pursing her lips. Borra smirked slightly.

"Relax, Elena, sometimes your greatest weakness can become your biggest strength" he told her, watching as her face shifted from affronted to thoughtful.

"You think being human can be a strength?" She asked him, her voice low as she thought about it.

"I think it means you will be required to train hard, and with that training you could become a great warrior, if you take it seriously"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
As Bonnie opened her eyes she let out a soft groan, covering her face with the blanket. She knew she had a lot to do, she knew there were a lot of things she had to take care of, one of them being her father.

Rudy Hopkins loved his daughter, that much she knew, but she also knew he would most likely be away on business another month. She wasn't sure what she'd do if he came back and she was no longer here, she wasn't sure what he'd do.

Abby was another story entirely. How was she supposed to tell her mother, that they were all part Fae? That all Bennett's had a dormant, otherworldly, blood in their veins. How was she going to explain that they had an entire kingdom? She had to talk to Callon.

Letting out a soft sigh, she shoved the blanket down, surprised when she saw Finn sitting in a chair beside her. Bonnie shot up, wide eyed, as she sat on the bed. Frowning she began to run her fingers through her hair, wondering if it was a complete mess.

"Finn?" She said, her voice low as she looked at the eldest Mikaelsons sibling. "Is everything okay?" She asked him softly. Bonnie watched as the man calmly approached her, a frown marring his handsome features.

"I should be asking you that question" he said, his voice low as he stood next to her, looking down at her, and laying a hand on her face. Bonnie tried not to look too shocked when he pressed his hand to her cheek and forehead gently.

"I apologize for my forwardness, but you've used much of your power the past few days, I simply want to be sure there are no health issues" he said softly as he began looking at her closely. Bonnie tilted her head at him softly.

"I feel fine" she told him, her voice still low, barely above a whisper. Bonnie smiled up at him reassuringly before swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

When Bonnie looked up at him, she noticed a thoughtful expression on his face. His mind was far away at the moment, looking at her, but not seeing. Bonnie tilted her head slightly, before grabbing his hand gently, bringing him back from wherever his mind had gone.

"Finn" Bonnie said his name softly, trying to bring him back to the present. "are you alright" she asked him, watching as the cloud in his eyes began to disperse. The small witch smiled as his hand went to her cheek, yet he stopped before he touched her, dropping his hand.

"I am fine" he told her softly, watching as she gave him a soft smile. "Simply worried, you seem to attract danger" he said softly, his eyes gentle as he watched her. Pursing her lips together, Bonnie shrugged slightly.

"Maybe a little" she said as she began to stand, stretching slightly, her arms above her head. The vampire watched as Bonnie's knitted dress rid up a bit, before shaking his head, trying to shake the improper thoughts from his head.

"Do you know where Callon is? I have some questions and I don't really want to get lost trying to find him" Bonnie muttered as she stretched her arms. Finn raised an eyebrow at her, his face showing his amusement.

"He is in the library" he said before raising an eyebrow. "Will you lose your way, or do you need help?" He asked her, a smirk on his lips as he watched her cock a hip.

"Need help?" She asked, pretending to think about it. Smiling she looked at him. "But if you're asking if I want company? Well company is different" she said softly, watching as his smile grew, more genuine now. Nodding he held a hand out to her, with a smile she took it, grabbing a large cardigan on their way out.

As the pair walked through the mansion, Bonnie was reminded of her first night there. The ball seemed like it was lifetimes ago. Her entire life he changed since then. The only thing she could do was prepare herself, and continue rolling with the punches, as best she could.

"Finn" Bonnie said, her voice barely above a whisper, as she grabbed the attention of the man.

"Yes?" He said, the word a question as he looked at the small witch beside him. Bonnie bit the inside of her cheek as she looked up at him, a trait he found more endearing as time went on.

"Thank you" she said softly, watching as his eyebrows furred together, a small frown on his face. "For being here, for checking up on me, just for everything" she told him, her voice conveying the gratitude she felt. She truly didn't think she would've made it this far without them.

Finn looked down at the small witch, the frown never leaving, but he now understood. A part of him almost couldn't understand how she thought they'd leave her alone, at all. She'd put a spell on them. She enchanted them all, she didn't even realize what she was doing.

"I told you Bonnie, you should accustom yourself to our presence for you are 'stuck with us' as they say, always and forever" he told her softly. Bonnie bit her lip at his words. Always and forever, who would've thought. Stopping in front of two doors, Finn stopped, and turned to her.

"Callon is inside, I have a matter to see to but if you need me I will be in my study" he told her softly. Bonnie smiled, nodding at him, before he began walking away.

"What of I don't need you" she called out before she could stop herself. The original vampire turned to her, a look of confusion on his face. "What if I just....want to talk?" She asked, her voice growing lower as anxiety began to pool in her stomach.

Finn looked at her, surprise taking over his features. While he knew Bonnie was comfortable in his presence, it would still surprise him, if she willingly sought him out. The small witch was known to keep to herself, even in a house full of vampires, so to think she'd come find him.... it was a bit hard for him to believe.

"Then I will be in my study" he told her. Bonnie smiled at his soft tone, her anxiety melting away, making way for a soft flutter. Fin gave her a final nod, before he turned, and finally walked around the corner.

With a breath, Bonnie walked into the library, stopping when she saw it. The thing was beautiful. She couldn't help but wonder if this was how Belle felt when she stepped into the library in Beauty and the Beast. Her nearly heart skipped a beat at the sight.

Shaking herself from her revelry, Bonnie spotted Callon, his face buried in a book. Bonnie let out a breath of a chuckle at the sight. Callon was by no means a small man, so seeing him hunched over a small book, with a large sword strapped to him at all times was adorable in Bonnie's opinion.

"Callon" Bonnie called out, watching as the man looked up. The surprise on his face was quickly cleared as he stood, a hand over his heart as he bowed to her quickly, showing the discipline Bonnie was sure had been ingrained into his bones.

"My lady" he greeted, still not seating himself. Bonnie shook her head at him, holding out a hand as she tried to smile through her discomfort.

"No please don't" she said softly, walking closer to him. Callon felt himself smile as he watched the small girl walk towards him. He felt a pang in his heart at the sight of her. He was reminded so much of Qetsiyah when he looked at her. A part of him couldn't help but wonder, if he and his lover had a daughter, would she look like Bonnie.

He thought she could. Her dark hair and bronzed skin was like Qetsiyah, yet her eyes were light. Bonnie could have very well been his daughter in another life. It pained him to think of it, yet made him smile as well. He would never be able to have a child with his love, but he had Bonnie.

The small witch smiled shyly up at Callon, still unsure of how to behave around him. He was nice, and she had grown to respect him between their time together and her visions, but he was also very intimidating. She was reminded of her father, Rudy Hopkins was the same way, with his quiet yet commanding demeanor.

"I'm ready to learn" she told him, an unsure smile on her face as she looked around. A part of her was excited, to know that there was a whole other realm that she would learn of, and soon go to. Yet the other part was filled with fear. That kingdom was supposedly hers. Or, at least, it should have been. Callon smiled at her softly.

"Do not fret young one, today is simple, just read" he told her softly, watching as her eyes widened when he handed her a book. He brought the book from the Castle library in Firilanid, it told of the great kings and queens of his land, their wars and customs.

"I don't think I can read this in one night" Bonnie muttered as she grabbed the book, grunting slightly under its weight. Callon smiled at her overwhelmed expression.

"You won't, and you don't have to, simply read what speaks to you" he told her, watching as relief swept over her features. "Tomorrow I will fill in the blanks and tell you of things you must know, and your training will also begin" he said making her look up at him.

"My training?" She asked watching as amusement flittered across his face. He was enjoying this, asshole.

"Yes your training, my lady in recent days you've been attacked twice and kidnapped once, you must train. Magic alone can only get you so far" Callon told her, seeing the understanding wash over her features.

"Fine" she said still not liking it. Sighing she looked up at him from the book. "I have to go to school tomorrow though, we don't know how long we'll be gone and I need to give them notice, and figure out what to tell my dad and Abby" she muttered thinking of the woman she still hadn't called back. She felt bad but she simply didn't know how to explain it. Maybe Lucy could help. Callon nodded at her words, his eyes soft as he looked at her.

"Do not fret too much, time works differently in Firilanid, a month there would equal about a day here" he told her shrugging at her questioning look. "It is strange" he told her simply, smiling when he saw her chuckle.

"I should get started" she said, lifting the book slightly. Callon nodded, going to bow before Bonnie stopped him. "And please no more of that, you're my friend, hell you're my mentor so no more bowing" she practically begged. Callon raised an eyebrow at her words before nodding.

"Of course my lady" he said smiling at her softly, before leaving. Callon looked back, watching as she sat on the couch, immediately immersed in the history of their kingdom. As he turned away, and walked out, he saw Lucy waiting outside the entrance.

"You look happy" she commented, a small smirk on her lips as she looked at him. Callon smiled as he saw the woman leaning against the wall.

"I'll admit, I am pleased, she at least seems to be taking an interest in Firilanid" he said watching as Lucy's smirked turned into a smile.

"I told you, just give her some time, she'll be the queen you know she can be" Lucy said, noticing the smile fade from his face slightly. He shook his head softly as he looked up at her.

"I'm afraid we don't have much time, if they've sent The Shadow Man, that means they want her eliminated immediately" he told the lithe woman watching as her face filled with determination.

"Then we make sure she has that time, we're here for her, both of us" she said giving him a meaningful look. "You're not alone in this" she told him, seeing his face change slightly.

"Lucy, I must protect you as well" he told the woman, taking a step forward as he did so. Lucy shook her head as she looked up at him.

"I can protect myself, Callon, I don't need anyone else to do it for me"she told him, raising an eyebrow. Callon shook his head at her gently.

"And yet that does not change the fact, that you have my sword, and my shield" he told her seriously. Callon smiled softly as he looked at her. "You are 'stuck with me' as they say here" he said pleased when a smile came across her features.

"Alright" she said, amusement twinkling in her eyes. "We're stuck with each other" she said nodding slightly. Callon smiled down at her, his eyes watching her.

"You should rest, my lady, you've had less sleep than Bonnie" he told her softly. It was true, wether she was doing a spell, in the car, or simply worried for her kin she'd barely slept.

"Yea, you're probably right" she muttered softly. "Goodnight Callon" she said softly. Callon smiled, kissing her hand gently, before letting it go. The action surprised the tall Bennett, but she didn't let it show, she refused to.

"Goodnight, my lady" he said. Nodding, Lucy turned, a small smile on her lips. She didn't trust herself to speak anymore.

A.N.
I'm not gonna lie this chapter was a little hard for me to write I'm still not completely satisfied with it but I hope you like it
I think the reason this chapter so hard was because it was actually supposed to be just COMPLETELY different definitely more action packed but the next chapter is going to be action packed like craazzy I'm very excited like it's serious lol
Also before anyone gets worried no Beorn is not a love interest his fondness for Bonnie will be explained my whole story arc for him changed but I like how it's going
Also I hope you guys like the whole Lucy/Callon and Elena/Borra thing I got going Lucy and Callon was planned from the beginning but I was actually gonna send or kill Elena off lol
But after writing them together I kind of liked the flow I had with them so I've decided Borra is going to help reinvent her lmao what do you guys think?
I posted this on FanFiction.Net a while ago and someone commented how they felt like this was how their friendship should have been on the show (you know with them all actually caring about each other and omg I wish they did we were robbed of that even though Caroline and Bonnie are best friend goals lol)
so I decided to just go with it and also someone said they shipped Elena/Borra which just completely sealed the deal lol I love you guys comments and they actually really help me along with my story so please keep commenting tell me what you like give me ideas I love it all lol
I'll update again next week please be safe out here and kind and take care of yourselves❤️

‼️Alsooo I was thinking of making a Klaus/Bonnie/Dean love triangle story I already started it and I like how it's coming along there's also a side of Caroline/Sam so if you're interested let me know‼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 8.6K 34
โ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ดโž โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—๐— ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—๐–พ'๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—๐— ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ...
950K 21.8K 36
๐„๐‹๐„๐€๐๐Ž๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐’, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
217K 6.6K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
242K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...