The 13th Diary User (Mirai Ni...

By Saraez_1243

You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter! When you had found out that you were the 13th Diary user, a playe... More

Chapter 1 : So It Begins
Chapter 2 : I will kill
Chapter 3 : Survive a Dead End
Chapter 4 : At The Mercy Of A Killer
Chapter 5 : Friends To Die For
Chapter 6 : Trust Me
Chapter 7 : The Silence Of The Dead
Chapter 8 : Restricted Call
Chapter 10 : And The Winner Is...
Chapter 11 : A Universe to Rule
Authors Note (Please Read)

Chapter 9 : No Family Left

7.2K 238 547
By Saraez_1243

The next few days went by slowly as you wondered how many diary users were left.

... Did 8th or whatever kill Yuno and Yuki?... Did they kill 8th?... If I'm lucky both are dead by now...

You shut your eyes tightly then opened them to see that you were in one of Deus' meetings again. As you looked around you saw that there were only 6 pedestals, including yours, without the red 'Dead End's floating above them.

You looked at Yukis pedestal to see his silhouette kiss Yunos while embracing her. You rolled your eyes as you thought. ... Looks like Yuki turned into a complete idiot again... Then again, that was to be expected... But come on! She kidnapped him, tried to kill his friends and more!... How did he get through preschool?...

Yuki then smirked at the silhouette of 11th while stating, "The 11th diary owner is John Balks! The Mayor of Sakurami City!" All of the diary owners looked over at 11th pedestal as Deus said, "Since everyone here now knows the others identity, there is no need to hide your faces anymore."

As the silhouettes faded away you started to see everyone clearly. You saw Minene pick at her fingers out of boredom as you looked around curiously. Slowly you looked over each diary user as your eyes landed on 8th. Your eyes widened as you realized she was the kind lady that ran the orphanage on the west side of town. She was a short, fluffy woman with brown hair and green eyes.

You felt a bit sorry for her as she looked at everyone worried as if she were more concerned with the safety of the others over her own. ... if 8th... I mean Kamado were to win then... this world would definitely be a better place...

Kamado saw your facial expression change and she reacted by smiling softly while waving at you. You weakly smiled back at her as the meeting dragged on.

After the meeting had ended you opened your eyes to see you were back in your room again. You sighed in relief as you walked into the living room to see Minene packing guns, ammunition and knives into a bag-pack.

As you rubbed your eyes, you groggily asked, "What are you doing, Minene?"

Minene scoffed, "What does it look like? Slow poke."

You glared at her as you stated, "I'm not a slow poke!"

She playfully pointed an unloaded gun at you and asked, "Do you think you could dodge the bullets?" ... Well who could?!...

You shook your head in defeat as she put away the gun saying, "You have to be more aware. After all, I wouldn't want you to die yet." While rolling your eyes you mimicked her voice, "Yet."

Minene continued packing while smiling, "Anyways, we have to relay the news that Balks is 11th to Nishijima." "So... why are we telling your boyfriend this?"

As she glared at you, you awkwardly smiled while explaining, "I mean as a male friend... you know..." She rolled her eyes as she sarcastically said, "Of course that's what you meant."

You slightly sighed in relief as you asked, "Anyways why are you packing?"

Minene started zipping the bag full of weapons closed as she replied, "You should pack your most important belongings too. We won't be back here anytime soon." ... Looks like the end to this game is getting close...

You nodded as you went into your room and got out a small bag. After packing a sweater, your future diary, your wallet and a gun, you put on your watch.

As you exited your room you thought about how this could end and how your 'normal' life already has. Your biological family was already dead and you refused to believe you could lose this one.

... Dad used to be my only family but now...

... Minene is like an older sister...

... Kosaka is the annoying little brother...

... Hinata and Mao are like little sisters...

... But Aki isn't like a brother at all and yet... I still love him...

After you had finished with your thoughts you left your room to be pulled out of the cabin by Minene. She rolled her eyes while commenting, "We don't have all the time in the world!" You grinned while adding, "Not yet at least."

It took about 45 minutes until you reached the place where Nishijima agreed to meet you two. As you got closer to the location you saw a man slim with light brown hair and brown eyes.

The man looked at you two as you asked, "This... is the guy that's going to help us?" She rolled her eyes while lightly slapping the back of your head, "He's tougher than he looks." ... In which universe?...

As Nishijima walked toward you and Minene as he said, "Hello!" You looked up at him as he held out his hand and asked you, "What's your name? I don't think we've met. Are you another future diary user?"

While shaking his hand you replied, "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), the 13th diary user."

Nishijima nodded then turned to face Minene again, "So, why did you call me here? Not that I'm not glad to be here." ... At least he isn't rude...  unlike Aki when he wants to be mean...

Minene then bluntly answered, "John Balks is the 11th diary user. Are you going to hep us?" He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly as he said, "I was just reassigned to be Balks' bodyguard."

You groaned in frustration as Minene rubbed her temples, "Well didn't this just make things a whole lot more complicated!" Nishijima then said, "But maybe I can help. Me and Aru have found out that Yuno is adopted."

Minene narrowed her eyes, "And how does that help?" He rubbed the backside of his head again as he said, "Akise plans to get Yuki to leave Yuno to make her more vulnerable." ... Why do they always want to help Yuki?...

While looking at the area around yourself you asked, "Who else knows that Yuno is adopted?" He raised an eyebrow as he replied, "Only me, Aru, you and Minene know. Unless Aru has told someone else."

You turned to look at him again as you said, "Well at least the information will have a shock value. Though with Yuki a clown hitting him with a sledgehammer wouldn't have a shock effect, because even that is less insane than Yuno."

Minene started chuckling as she patted your back, "Who knew? You have a sense of humor!" You rolled your eyes playfully as Nishijima started chatting with Minene. As you looked around yourself, feeling a little paranoid, you couldn't help but think.  ...What would happen if Deus doesn't get a successor in time?...

Minene pulled you out of your thoughts by pulling your arm and saying, "Come on, we've got to visit your boyfriend." You glared at her as she smirked, "You know, a boy that's your friend."

As you rolled your eyes again you said, "Touché."

After arriving at Akises front door Minene rung the bell as you asked, "What are we going to do here anyways?" She sneered, "Discuss the plan! What? Not happy you get to see your boyfriend?"

You wanted to remark on her comment but the front door opened as you saw Akise in the corner of your eye. You stopped glaring at her and turned to look at Akise. As you were about to say something Minene grinned and pushed you forward. While falling on top and into Akises arms, you blushed, as Minene couldn't hold in her laughter. You looked down at him to see him blush, "Well at least you didn't land on the ground, (Y/n)."

As you stood up you held out your hand and helped him up. Minene was laughing her ass off as she saw you two blush, while walking into his house before he could say anything. You followed behind Minene while walking beside Akise.

As you all arrived in the living room you sat down next to Minene and opposed to Akise, "Anyways... we're here to talk about a plan we have." He nodded as Minene started picking at her nails again. You rolled your eyes as you continued, "Our objective is to keep 8th or Kamado safe as long as possible." Akise then asked, "What about Yuno, Yuki and Balks? What do we do with them?"

Minene looked up from her nails and said, "We kill them. Preferably with bombs." He looked a bit shocked as he stood up and said, "But we can't just kill them!" While wanting to interrupt them, Minene stood up as well and stated, "It's a survival game! You kill people! That's how it works!"

Akise wanted to reply but you quickly interrupted both of them by saying, "Okay, that's enough! We'll kill Yuno and we'll decided if we kill the others depending on how they act!" 

They seemed alright with that plan as they both groaned and sat back down on their seats. You then continued, "At least we agree that Yuno has to die. Imagine a universe where she is ruler!"

Minene and Akise both agreed with the idea as the room slowly filled with silence. The tension could be cut with a knife. A few minutes went by until you asked Akise, "Could you show me where I could get some water?"

He nodded then stood up and left the room with you following close behind him. You quickly turned to look at Minene, who had gone to picking at her nails again.  As you entered the kitchen with Akise, he asked, "Do you want to win that survival game?"

You looked into his red eyes as you answered, "I just don't want to die before Yuki and Yuno." He handed you the glass of water as he questioned, "What then?" You narrowed your eyes, "What do you mean 'What then'?"

Akise took your free hand and interlaced your fingers with his, "What will you do if you out live Yuno and Yuki? Then it will only be you, Minene, Kamado and Balks. Kamado would be a good god but... you wouldn't be so bad in the role of god either."

While looking him in the eye you said, "Thanks but... I just don't want to die. Why do you ask about Minene and Balks?"

He shook his head, "I don't want you to die either but... Do you think Minene or Balks would hesitate to kill you?"

You looked down as you replied, "I don't know. But now I have a question, would you hesitate to kill me if you were a diary user?" He looked into your (e/c) eyes as he answered, "I couldn't kill you. Even if we were the last two left, (Y/N)."

You placed the glass of water on the counter as you hugged him, "Then promise me something." He hugged you back as he asked, "What?"

"Don't let me die before Yuki and Yuno."

You felt him pull you closer as he hugged you tightly, "If anything, I'll promise to keep you alive until the end." Akise pulled away as his phone rang. He picked up the phone and started talking with someone as you left the kitchen and sat down next to Minene.

You sighed while asking, "Would you kill me if we were the last two?" She stopped picking at her nails and looked at you, "Maybe... I don't know. You'd definitely do a better job at ruling a universe though." As you groaned you said, "I wouldn't be able to kill you." Minene grinned as she replied, "Yeah, probably since I'm the reason you're even still alive."

You rolled your eyes as Akise walked in with the glass of water you had forgotten and handed it to you. "Thanks, Aki." He smiled at you as he said, "No problem but you'll have to drink that up quickly."

Akise explained that Nishijima had called him saying Yuno and Yuki were chasing his car to kill 11th and 8th, after slaughtering all of 8th apprentice diary users. You, Akise and Minene all stood up and ran to the car.

You all quickly drove to the location Nishijima gave you and arrived just in time to see Yuki and Yuno corner Balks, Nishijima and Kamado. Yuno aimed a shot-gun at them while Yuki was holding her by the waist.

You and Minene quickly got out of the car and ran up to them while aiming your guns at Yuno and Yuki. Akise sighed as he revealed, "Yuki, listen. I've retrieved Yuno's umbilical cord from her orphanage and it's DNA matches the third corpses'. Which means the real Yuno Gasai is dead and the one you have known all along is actually an imposter."

... Will Yuki use his brain or continue to ignore it?... Find out next week on 'Fuck you Yuki and Yuno!'...

Yunos eyes widened as she looked at Yuki, "Don't believe what they tell you, Yuki-Bear!" You then snickered, "Hey Yuki! How often are you going to act like a dumb-ass before you get what's going on around you?" Balks walked over to his car and opened the roof of his car to reveal a big metal container coming out of it. Balks was grinning from ear to ear as you looked behind you to see what was going on.

... Shit...

Yuki looked back down at Yuno as he stated, "I don't care what you say! I will always trust my Yuno-bear!" ... Yep, absolutely fucking insane...

Minene rolled her eyes at them and as she wanted to speak Balks connected Kamado's future diary server to HOLON. You turned around to look at it and asked, "What the hell is that?!"

Balks started smirking as he explained, "It's HOLON. A supercomputer which holds user accounts of every citizen of this city, making all of them my apprentices."

Minene aimed her gun at him as she tried to attack Balks, but his diary let him turn the tables. Balks dodged every bullet Minene shot at him by looking into his future diary. Minene ran out of bullets and started losing the fight as Nishijima came to her aid and destroyed the supercomputer. Balks and Kamado got into a car nearby, as he started laughing, "That's only a small part of the whole supercomputer." ... A grown man saying supercomputer more then once is hilarious...

As you turned around to look at Akise you noticed that Yuno and Yuki had fled with their car during the incident with Balks. You turned to look back at Balks and Kamado to see them in the distance. Minene threw her gun to the floor as she yelled, "Fuck!"

Nishijima looked at her worried as he said, "You don't need to be frustrated, I know where he's going so we can still catch him." You turned around to see Akise texting someone. While walking over to him you asked, "Who are you texting with?"

He smirked as he said, "Our group chat. I'm sending Mao, Hinata and Kosaka to destroy the rest of HOLON with Nishijima and Minene."

"But what will we do?"

He looked up from his phone to smile at you and said, "We'll be looking for 8th. You did say that you wanted to keep her safe."

Minene walked up to the two of you as she said, "I agree with that plan." Nishijima walked up behind Minene and stated, "It's settled then. Me and Minene will go ahead." As you were about to leave with Akise you heard Minene tell him, "Take care of the little mouse will ya? She may act tough but she's got a weak spot." ... I don't have weak spots!... and stop calling me little mouse!...

You turned around to glare at her while saying, "I'm not that far away!" She playfully patted your head as she said, "So? Better safe than sorry." Akise blushed as he said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of her. I already promised." Minene grinned as she left with Nishijima, "You better keep the little mouse safe otherwise... Boom!"

After arriving at the HOLON research facility with Akise you decided to split up to look for 8th. "Okay Aki, we'll meet here in 20 minutes, regardless of if we find Kamado." He nodded and as you wanted to leave he grabbed your wrist while saying, "Stay safe." You smiled while replying, "Otherwise... Boom!"

Akise rolled his eyes as you both ran down two different paths. You walked into the first building and saw massive amounts of blood on the floor. You carefully walked over it, making sure you didn't slip and fall down.  ... Minene must've used a bomb or something...

You pulled out your gun and aimed it in front of yourself while searching through the building. A few minutes after searching the first floor you heard a bomb go off and the building shake lightly. ... Minene must've found Balks and killed him... Can't she use a gun like everyone else?...

As you looked over each floor, but you only found a few corpses and pools of blood surrounding them. Some had limbs missing others had bullets in them but none of them were Kamado or anyone you knew.

... Where is 8th?... And where is Minene with Nishijima?... Weren't Hinata, Mao and Kosaka suppose to be here too?...

After reaching the 6th floor of the building you looked at your watch and noticed you only had a few more minutes left, before the time you agreed to meet up with Akise again. You quickly started looking for 8th again but you froze to see a fault door open with a pool of blood in front of it. 

Balks body was laying on the ground motionless inside the vault as you saw his blood on the floor beneath him. You shrugged and as you wanted to leave you looked at the blood around the vault again. 

... Why is there so much blood on this vault anyways?... Maybe it was because of the bomb I heard before...

As you inspected it closer you saw Minenes signature detonator soaked in blood as the realization slowly hit you. Minene was dead and it was her blood that soaked the walls and the floor beneath your feet.

... No... How could this happen?...

Your eyes widened as you froze up while looking at the blood splattered on the walls. You didn't know how to cope with the knowledge that your friend, your family was dead.  You couldn't speak, you couldn't look away. All you could do was look at the sight in front of you while trying not to cry.

Time passed by as you couldn't take your eyes off of the red blood. You felt numb and your eyes were dry as you tried not to panic or cry while looking at it.

... Why?... Why did she?...

Suddenly you felt a hand pull you back. You didn't stop looking at the blood on the vault as you heard Akises voice, "(Y/N)! Snap out of it!" You couldn't stop looking at the blood as you croaked out, "Minene... is dead..."

He looked over at the blood then said, "You can't give up now! Minene may be gone but you're still alive! So stop acting like this!" As you stayed silent he continued, "Hinata, Mao and Kosaka found 8th! She's safe for now but we've got to go!" ... What if Minene died for Hinata, Mao and Kosaka... What if they had died too?... Minene... she kept me alive all this time and... now she's dead...

Akise tried to pull you up but you ripped your arm out of his grasp as a few tears escape your eyes. His eyes started to look down at you sadly as he stated, "I promised I would keep you safe... but you have to try! I can't do this on my own!"

You buried your face into your arms as you started to cry. The emptiness you felt was unbearable, you felt like you had before all of this happened, alone. Akise may have been standing beside you but he didn't know how you felt, nobody ever would. Akise fell to his knees as he started shaking you as a few tears fell from his eyes, "Don't you dare just give up! What about me, Mao, Hinata and Kosaka? How do you think we'd react if you were dead?!"

You stayed silent.

... Minene... my first friend... and the closest thing I had to a family... is dead...

... I can't...

... I...

 _______________________________________________________________________________

How did you like this chapter? Please comment on what you liked and/or disliked in the comment section bellow.

Questions:

1. Will you miss Minene?

2. What do you think will happen next?

Bye bye and have a lovely day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.7K 37
I am determined to take the hunter exam and follow in my brother's footsteps. But with people from my past out to get me, and crazy new friends to de...
8.5K 230 16
[akudama drive various x reader!] (Y/n) Someone who just wanted to live a normal life. They were an Executioner to get easy money. What would happen...
68.7K 1.9K 33
Kyo Sohma. Loving someone like him was always overlooked by many people including myself. I never thought I'd end up here in the first place, it's...
164K 4.5K 32
EDIT: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 15 IM SORRY IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING 💀💀💀 16+ you're added to the sejoh gc by your best friend Oikawa. And you have so...