Horror Story Prompts

By wentzhesselman

Original story prompts conceived by the author to help you get writing your next terrifying literary masterpi... More

Author's Foreword
Collection 1
Collection 2
Collection 3

Collection 4

16 0 0
By wentzhesselman

Prompt 15

They had a Mickey Mouse doll smeared with blood and gore and nailed to a plank. They then lit candles and began singing hymns. 

Prompt 16

She vomited up a mass of something black and pulpy. Her retching turned into laughing. The mass on the floor began laughing a tiny, gurgling laugh also. 

Prompt 17

I thought I had seen a fire in the middle of the cornfield. I went out to the spot and I found this old book…

Prompt 18

As soon as they broke through the ice, they heard crying and wailing.

Prompt 19

The soldier’s eyes burned with trauma and adrenaline. He lowered his rifle and grinned ear to ear. He pressed his own forehead to the forehead of a woman that had been chewed up with gunfire. He began singing Amazing Grace, but it was in a profane tongue, and the ground quaked like gelatin. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 26 1
get your tissues ready..... and i don't mean for tears
17K 647 37
You never expected your parents to abandon you at the age of sixteen, and if it wasn't for the man your parents took in when you were ten, you would...
185K 2.7K 33
The MHA universe is in for a real shock when they find out about a universe that has real God's, Monster's and that a Foundation of quirkless people...