Sky Above//Remus Lupin

By stephie177

Tamsin Weasley is the oldest Weasley sibling. Shortly after graduating from Hogwarts Tam takes a job as the s... More

☽one☾
☽two☾
☽three☾
☽four☾
☽five☾
☽six☾
☽seven☾
☽eight☾
☽ten☾
☽eleven☾
☽twelve☾
☽thirteen☾
☽fourteen☾
☽fifteen☾
☽sixteen☾
☽seventeen☾
☽eighteen☾
☽nineteen☾
☽twenty☾
☽twenty one☾
☽twenty two☾
☽twenty three☾
☽twenty four☾
☽twenty five☾
☽twenty six☾
☽twenty seven☾
☽twenty eight ☾

☽nine☾

10.5K 228 60
By stephie177

I spot Ron in the hallway by himself. I look at him curiously. "Where's Harry?"

"How should I know?" Ron counters.

I throw my hands up in surrender. "Alright sore subject. Care to tell me why?"

"He didn't even tell me," Ron states.

"Are you mad at Harry because his name was pulled from the goblet?" I question.

"I'm supposed to be his best friend," Ron tells me.

"Ron you are," I assure. "Harry is scared. He didn't ask for any of this to happen, but it did. So you can either be a jealous prat or you can be his best friend and help him through it." I smile. "Now I've got papers to grade. Don't be late for class again."

An owl flies right into the Astronomy tower and drops a letter into my lap. I open the envelope and a single chocolate frog jumps out.

It's been a while, Love. I couldn't risk sending Edward. It was since the world cup and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and he's too easily recognized. I hope you're doing well. I know you have a lot going on. As such I thought I would enclose a little something to make you smile.

I chuckle softly.

I hear that you have our boy Moony quite entranced. Everyone of his letters since June has mentioned you.

I roll my eyes.

I think you may have to make the first move. If I know Moony he's probably too afraid to tell you how he really feels. As his best friend I am going to require any reply to my letter be sent from Remus. You will need to see him face to face for this to happen of course.

P.S....

The owl nips my finger. "Ow!"

The bird bites.

"Of bloody course the bird bites. Why wouldn't it?"

I look up from my desk when someone clears their throat.

"That was today?" I ask.

Charlie nods before smiling. I get up from my chair and rush to give him a hug.

"You would forget your bloody head if it wasn't attached," Charlie teases.

I chuckle. "How's Romania? Boring since my last visit?"

"Life is just so dull without you," Charlie teases.

I reach up and touch a fresh burn on his neck. "Those dragons treating you nice?"

Charlie chuckles. "How's that Defense Against the Dark Arts professor treating you?"

"Who?" I question.

"Or should I say former. Ron swears that there was something between you and the professor from last semester. What was his name... Lupin? Unless you're in love with Mad-Eye Moody instead?" I roll my eyes but I can feel myself blush. Charlie laughs. "You're blushing. Come to think of it you mentioned him when I saw you last."

"Remus and I are friends. He was nice company while he was a professor here," I tell him.

"What kind of company?" Charlie taunts.

"We're friends," I state.

"Do you still talk to each other?" Charlie questions.

I nod my head. "We write to each other." Charlie smiles. "Now enough with me I'll go get the others. We can have dinner in my room," I offer.

McGonagall and I are walking together through the courtyard. Even though she may be quite a bit older than me she is great company at Hogwarts.

"Do you still speak to Remus, Dear?" McGonagall asks me.

I look at her curiously. "We write to each other. We've spoken a few times through floo powder."

"That's lovely, Dear. You two seemed to be fast friends prior to his departure," McGonagall states.

I smile. "I very much enjoyed his company."

I notice Harry and Draco having a conversation. Suddenly Harry gets angry before starting to walk away. Draco starts to cast a spell but before he can finish he turns into a white ferret.

Mad-Eye Moody appears. "I'll teach you to cast when someone's back is turned." He starts to toss Draco up and down using magic.

McGonagall rushes towards Mad-Eye and I follow after her. "Professor Moody what are you doing?"

"Teaching," Mad-Eye states.

"Is that a student?" McGonagall questions.

"Technically it's a ferret," tells her.

Mad-Eye uses magic to shove Draco in Crabbe's trousers. Crabbe squirms as other students look on and laugh. Mad-Eye winks to Harry and he laughs. Goyle tries to get Draco out of Crabbe's trousers and Draco bites him. Draco finally crawls out of Crabbe's trousers and McGonagall turns him back to normal.

"My father will hear about this!" Draco shouts.

"Is that a threat!" Mad-Eye taunts as he chases Draco around the tree.

"Professor!" McGonagall shouts.

Mad-Eye chases Draco around the tree. Draco and the rest of his friends start to run.

Mad-Eye shouts after Draco, "I could tell you stories about your father that would curl even your greasy hair boy! It doesn't end here!"

"We never use transfiguration as a punishment, surely Dumbledore told you that," McGonagall tells Mad-Eye Moody.

"He might've mentioned it," Mad-Eye Moody admits.

"Well you will do well to remember it," McGonagall warns. I follow after her as she walks off.

"I beat your missing Remus right about now," I joke.

It's finally time for the tournament to start. Everyone is sitting around the stands of the arena buzzing with excitement. I'm sitting with Ginny. Hermione walks towards us. She snuck off to see Harry I'm sure of it.

"How is he?" I question.

"I think I'm more nervous than him," Hermione states.

Fred sits down next to me. "Anyone wanna make a bet?"

I roll my eyes. "You and George really can make money off of anything."

George leans over my shoulder. "It's a gift."

The cannon signaling the start of the event goes off. We watch as one by one the champions come out into the arena and face off against a dragon protecting a golden egg. Cedric is first followed by Viktor then Fleur Delacour and finally Harry.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant," Dumbledore announces.

Harry enters the rocky arena. The crowd is cheering his name. He sees the golden egg sitting alone, he makes a run for it but the dragon appears. Harry's forced to retreat behind a rock as the dragon flames him. Harry stumbles and falls around the arena.

"Your wand Harry! Your wand!" Hermione shouts at him.

Harry summons a broom. He jumps on and flies off, the dragon gives chase. Harry just barely misses the golden egg. The dragon breaks free of the chain around its neck and follows Harry over the crowd narrowly missing the people below.

The dragon chases Harry as he flies around the Hogwarts buildings. Everyone watches in anticipation as Harry flies out of sight. As Harry flies back towards the arena the crowd erupts into cheers. He goes straight for the golden egg and grabs it. Everyone lets out a cheer.

I walk into the Great Hall for breakfast. I spot Harry and Ron sitting next to one another at the Gryffindor table. I smile.

"Nice to see you two are back to being friends." I ruffle Ron's hair.

He swats my hand away. "Knock it off."

Hermione reads from the newspaper, "Look at this! I can't believe it she's done it again. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow."

"Rita Skeeter has no conscience. She says whatever she feels like with no regards to anyone's feelings," I state.

Nigel, a first year Gryffindor, walks over to Ron and hands him a box. "Parcel for you Mr Weasley."

"Thank you Nigel," Ron tells him. Nigel stares at Harry. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." Nigel reluctantly walks away. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph. Oh look mum's sent me something. Mum sent me a dress?"

"Well it does match your eyes," Harry teases.

"Did Mum remember to include a bonnet?" I tease.

"Ginny these must be for you," Ron states.

"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly," Ginny tells him.

Hermione laughs.

"What are you on about?" Ron asks.

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you!" Hermione tells him. Everyone laughs. "Dress robes."

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asks.

Every house is required to take dance lessons prior to the Yule Ball. I'm actually excited for the ball. I think it would be a right good time if I actually had a date of my own to attend with.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. The yule ball is first and foremost... a dance," McGonagall tells us. Most of the boys groan. I smile excitedly at Hermione. "Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me." She grabs Ron and pulls him up to dance. A few people laugh. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?" Ron asks.

"My waist," McGonagall repeats. He does so and Fred wolf whistles. "Now bend your arm. Mr Filch..." The music starts. "One two three, one two three, one two three." The two start to dance. "Everybody come together." All of us girls stand up eager to give the dance a try. The boys are all still seated. "Boys, on your feet." Neville is the first to stand up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.1K 1.9K 21
Hermione is Remus and Sirius's daughter but no one knows this. Remus Lupin finds his life turned interesting all at once when his ex-lover escapes fr...
192 0 17
lowercase intended ! plot: sirius and remus decided to raise a child when harry potter was born, when sirius was locked up she was given to remus. l...
255K 6K 39
Violet Evans is the younger sister of the brilliant Lily Evans. Having spent most of her life in Lily's shadow Violet chose to attend Beauxbatons ins...
552 26 20
Y/n L/n is accepted into Hogwarts where she meets the Marauders. Having already known Peter Pettigrew from her parents friends, she is welcomed by th...