RED ROOM [H.S]

By sweetfixs

***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind fo... More

Hi, Hello!
Playlist
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Authors note
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
51.5
52.
Coming soon.
THANK YOU
INDEX: find your next read.
Published.

16.

21.7K 721 1.3K
By sweetfixs

It took me a moment to realise that I wasn't dead. Apart from a throbbing pain in my chin from the force of the gun, I was still very much alive, and still very much sharing the same space as Harry. I let out a gasp, struggling to collect my breath that I had been holding. My chest heaved as I came to terms with what had just happened. Slowly, the gun was lowered and I opened my eyes to see Harry staring at me. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes trailing over my face as if he was questioning whether or not I was really still here and not lying in a pool of my own blood.

Tilting his head at me, his movements paused for a moment and just for a brief moment, his face relaxed and he almost looked normal, despite the gun in his hand. The moment was gone within the next second as Harry's eyes darkened and he laughed. A sound so sinister, it sent an unwanted shiver down my spine. It sounded animalistic and unhinged as it echoed off the walls, drowning out the music from the other side of the door. The fact that there were so many people out there that could possibly help me made me sob. Instead, they were more than likely going to find my body if Harry wanted to give Russian Roulette another go. I didnt let my body relax at the fact the bullet didn't go straight through my mouth and into my brain. Harry was unpredictable and clearly not all there in the head. I had a feeling that this wasn't over. Not by a long shot.

Stepping closer again, Harry gripped my face between his fingers. I struggled to move it away but he just held me tighter.

"Hm," Harry breathed, rubbing his nose against my cheek again, breathing me in. I was sure I smelled like nothing but salty tears and sweat, but it didn't seem to bother him. I flinched away as best as I could, but he only moved his hands from my mouth to my waist to keep me in place before moving his hand back up to my mouth. "Guess the universe doesn't want little Spice to die tonight."

He brush a few strains of hair out of my face before he spoke again. "Maybe it's me they want," he mumbled softly.

He released my face, but only to press the gun to his own head and shut his eyes again. His own sweat dripped from his forehead. He didn't bother to move his hair away from his forehead like he did for me. Instead, he begun mumbling something under his breath.

I watched his lips as they moved quickly, and if I didn't know any better, he was saying a prayer. Ironic because I thought he belonged in hell, right besides Niall, who was now sneaking up behind Harry. He moved quickly and quietly, not even Harry heard him. He crept closer and closer until he was standing directly behind his friend. In one quick movement, Niall's hands were on his biceps. knocking the gun out of his hand. It fell to the floor by their feet, and he quickly picked it up. He turned the safety on before shoving it in the waistband of his jeans.

Harry's eyes opened and he stumbled slightly before scowling at his friend.

"Niall!" He complained, glaring. "You're ruining the fucking game."

Niall shook Harry by the shoulders, almost as if he was trying to literally shake some sense into him. If it was anyone else, I'm sure they would of shook with fear at the way Harry stared at them but not Niall. He only looked pissed. Like this was a huge inconvenience to him.

"Snap out of it, Harry!" He demanded. "This isn't the place for this. I can't help you if this place finds a dead body in it, there's over fifty people outside of this room."

Harry seemed to consider this for a second. He glanced over Niall's shoulder to me and then back at Niall. He nodded slowly, as if what Niall was saying was now registering in his brain. Niall nodded along with him, before dropping his hands and cursing to himself.

"Do me a favour and wait in the car," Niall muttered, throwing a pair of keys at Harry that he dug out from his pocket. "Just until your mind clears up. I'll take you to the apartment, okay?"

Harry hesitated for a moment, his stare landing on me once again. He eyed my shaking body and tears, with no remorse or guilt etched on his face. "Make sure she doesn't make a scene when she comes out," he told Niall, who only nodded in agreement.

Harry disappeared out of the door after that, and I took another gasp of air. My shaky legs couldn't hold me anymore and I slid down the wall, covering my mouth as I sobbed. Despite not having a gun to my head, I knew my near death experience was far from over. Niall hadn't pulled the gun away from Harry for my benefit, nor did I think he would allow me to run away from any of this. He watched the door for a moment, before he turned to me with heated annoyance.

"Would you stop crying?" He growled, shaking his head. He ran a hand through his hair, before sighing loudly. "You're giving me a bloody headache."

I took a couple of shallow breaths, before hiccuping. "H-how co-could I not c-cry?! I-I almost-almost died!"

Niall didn't care for my tears. He stared at me like I was that child who cried in the middle of a movie that you just wanted to snap at. He rolled his eyes at me, before grabbing my coat and throwing it in my direction. It landed in a heap by my feet but I made no effort to pick it up. "Almost being the key word. You're alive...for now anyway, embrace it."

I winced at his words, and shut my eyes tightly. For now echoed in my brain and I suddenly felt numb all over.

"Put that coat on and wipe your face. I don't want to leave him out there for too long."

"I just want to go home," I said weakly, trying to catch my breath as my tears stopped. I knew it was a long shot at convincing him that I wouldn't utter a word to anyone, but I had to try. "I-I promise I won't say anything about this..."

Niall snorted and gave me a funny look. "Bit fucking late for that one, don't you think? I need you to hurry up, I've got no time for your shit."

Not wanting to argue with him, I did what I was told and put the coat on. I had trouble with the buttons as my fingers shook, only earning me another sigh of annoyance from Niall. Turning on my feet, I stared at myself in the mirror on the wall, and I did my best to wipe the mascara off from under my puffy eyes. I hesitated for a moment before turning to an inpatient Niall who kept looking down at his phone and frowning.

"Did he know?" I asked quietly.

Silence filled the room, Niall not bothering to even look in my direction as he read something off his phone. After an agonising sixty three seconds of me staring at him, he looked up and caught my eye, letting out a long and loud groan.

"Did he know what?" He asked impatiently, crossing his arms.

I hated how calm he was, like the scene that had just unfolded was completely normal. Other than the irritation he had with me, he seemed bored. It scared me how inhumane they both were.

"Did he know it wasn't...wasn't loaded?" I asked stiffly. As the words left my mouth, I wasn't sure I actually wanted to know the answer. "Was it just to scare me?"

Niall's eyes drifted from the top of my head all the way to the bottom of my feet. It wasn't a matter of checking me out, I had gotten enough of those looks to know it when I saw it, this was different. Almost if he was sizing me up, judging me. He merely shook his head.

"You wish it was a scare tactic," he said with a dry laugh. "Do you want to know a little secret?"

I hesitated. Was this some sort of trap? Why he would want to trust me any sort of secret after everything that had just happened?

He saw my hesitation and laughed. "I'm going to tell you anyway because one, it'll be fun to watch your ass squirm, and secondly, because it's not like you can run off and tell anyone this. Unlike Harry, I know when to keep my mouth shut to the wrong types of people."

I winced at the dig, opening my mouth to speak. I wasn't even sure what I was going to say, so I was somewhat relieved when he put a finger up to silence me.

"Harry's got two sides of him, and you've now had the pleasure of seeing both. The manic side, is one he can't control, one where he really isn't himself. Not completely, at least. The quiet and more...shy side, is Harry on a day to day basis. Let's just say that Harry harbours a lot of...guilt or remorse when he harms someone he doesn't necessarily want to hurt. Once he's calmed down and he's back to himself, he drowns himself in guilt. To ease the guilt and to put it down to chance, he puts a single bullet in and leaves it up luck. If the bullet kills someone, he says it was the universe and moves on like nothing happened."

I gaped at him, making a small smirk to coat his lips. Like he said, he was happy to see me squirm.
"To put it simply, no he didn't know it wasn't going to kill you," he finished wifh a shrug. "But I can't say I won't kill you when we're alone for triggering him and bringing that side of Harry in a public place."

I gulped, and looked down at my feet. "When was the last time he pulled the trigger?" I asked slowly, wondering what my odds actually were to getting shot. I momentarily wondered what would of happened if he had pulled the trigger himself. Did Niall know the bullet wasn't going to kill me? Did he count every time Harry pulled the trigger on a victim? Was that why he stopped Harry? So many questions ran through my head.

Niall shrugged. "Don't know, don't really care. As long as that bullet didn't go through his skull, I don't really care. You're lucky he didn't get to pull the trigger on himselfthough...if he got the bullet instead of you, I swear, I would of made Ted Bundy look like a fucking saint with what I would of done to you."

The car ride was one of the most anxiety fuelled moments of my life, apart from you know, almost dying. Niall drove like a manic through the traffic, cursing and snapping as people crossed the road, delaying our arrival at our unknown destination. I was seated directly behind Niall and had a clear view of Harry in the passenger seat. I watched him in curiosity, but mostly just fear. He seemed to be calming down from his manic state. His shoulders were relaxed and his eyes were trained on the passing lights of Vegas.

Neither of them spoke to me or even acknowledged my presence though, and I think that's what frightened me the most. The fact that I had absolutely no idea what was in store for me, or if they were even planning on letting me have my freedom.

I say quietly and counted the buildings I passed, watched the smiling and drunken people stumble together and saw how couples held hands and touched each other on the street. It was a world I would never be able to experience again. I glanced at Harry again, and had the sinking feeling in my stomach that my thoughts were right.

The car stopped abruptly, causing the seatbelt to press against my throat as I was jolted forwarded. I squeezed fist together to stop anything from coming out from my mouth, not wanting to show them any more fear than I already had.

I glanced out the window, only to find that we were outside of my apartment. I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"What are we doing here?" I asked quietly.

The hope that they were just dropping me off to my shitty life swelled in my heart. Please God, I begged. Please let this be it.

Niall put the car in park, and nodded over at Harry. Both moved in their seats to stare at me, a wicked grin spreading across Harry's face.

"Niall will come up with you to get your stuff. You're coming with us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 13.6K 66
{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's what you want." He says lowly. I knit my br...
43.9K 1.5K 20
I'm Hers~ The Bosslady Romance I doesn't deserve her. I'm far so good for her. I'm not bold and brave like her. I'm not good enough for her. I'm not...
300 4 17
[Harry Styles Romance] (THIS IS NOT A LARRY STORY LOL! Check out "All Things Pink" If you want to read Larry<3 ~~~~ [ENEMIES TO LOVERS] Liam and Har...
1.3M 31.8K 31
"But Bailey you need to promise me." I pulled my head back and looked at her. "Promise what?" "That you'll never let someone's death take over your...