Binded Souls

By Wensdayponytyomasfan

Remember Sonic X? Yeah. Here's a remake of their SA2 ark, featuring ponies. Pinkie pie was chosen to be the... More

Familiar Eyes
Take Me
Pink side of the ARK
Truth; Destiny
5. Familiar Faces
7. No Words

The Meterex and the Ponies

18 0 0
By Wensdayponytyomasfan

Twilight dashed into her castle, sonic and co following her and her friends. "Spike! I need you in the library as soon as possible!" She called.

"I'll be right there!" He replied as twilight opened the doors with her magic.

"Let's see, there where two sources I read that mentioned the egg and the Meterex." She levitated an old, dusty, dark blue journal down from one of the shelves and placed it on the table. "Starswirl's old journal entry," spike ran into the room and quickly got to work searching the shelves.

Cosmo gasped internally. "There are dragons here?"

"That's twilight's assistant, Spike." Sonic informed her.

"There are many different species living in our world." Twilight said as she flipped through numerous books at once.

"Wow..."

It had been so long since she had seen a planet teeming with such life. "We're looking for Ancient Myths and Prophecies Spike." Twilight told him.

Spike wheeled over the portable ladder to the Myths section of the library. Finally, spike pulled out a golden book with an embroidered flame on it. "Found it!"

Twilight levitated the book over to herself. "Thanks spike."

Spike jumped down. "No problem twilight!"

She opened starswirl's journal and the Prophecies book, and stopped on a specific page. "Here it is!"

Sonic and co. Listened intently.

"The Ancient Core...."

........

(Here is what she read from both books, with all terms translated just for you!)

A long, long, time ago, when Equestria was just founded, a ragtag team of ponies came together to defend this new land.(per request of the new young rulers, Celestia and Luna)

They were known as the pillars of harmony.

The planet they lived on had no inner life force. The creatures here were able to keep it alive. Most notably, the ponies. Unicorns, pegsi, and Earth ponies were dormant with each other. When the cold approached, life seemed to be over. The planet was starting to decay. Until the three ponies from the three tribes came together in friendship. This newfound magic was able to keep the planet alive for generations, and still has since.

One day, in this newborn land, something shiny, metallic, had come. They came for the planet egg. It was their first attempt to destroy a planet besides their own. The Meterex.

It touched down in an empty field, and started to dig.

...

Stygian was traveling for what seemed ages, watching over the land. He inhaled the fresh air. Peace. That was, until the ground shook violently. He fell to the floor and groaned.

"What is happening??"

He looked up and saw something big. Stygian didn't know what it was, but he could feel the evil. He closed his his eyes and his horn started glowing. One by one, each of the pillars arrived next to stygian. The 6 ponies stared at the foe.

"What is it exactly?" Mage Meadowbrook asked.

"I'm not sure." Stygian answered. "But it's destroying the Earth. I can hear it clawing away."

"well let's not just stand around! Let's get down there!" Rockhoof shouted.

the six ran down towards the monster, leaving stygian behind. Again.

Meanwhile....

"commencing extraction of planet egg." The voice of the Meterex was robotic, slowly penetrating each layer of earth. He got closer and closer to the center. He was shaking with anticipation. "Our first other planet egg! It's ours! It's-"

His driller stopped. The core seemed more empty than normal. He sent a claw down to extract it. He felt the outside of the core. He chuckled evilly. He pulled it out and looked at it. He gasped. The core..... Was empty! "What!?..but... how can this planet still live without its core?"

He suddenly heard shouting and herd thunderous footsteps.

"stop right there you evil fiend!!" Starswirl roared.

'the inhabitants...'

starswirl shot a powerful beam at the Meterex. It burned though the armor. "No! How are you strong enough?!"

"Don't even try it, whatever you are!" Flash Magnus exclaimed.

"It's time for me to leave."

He started to take off. Somnambula and Magnus flew after him. Rockhoof picked up his shovel and threw it at him. It hit, and gave the Meterex another gash. He screamed.

"NO! How are you stronger than the Meterex!!!??" He had to get out of there now. The two pegasi were almost to his arms.

Suddenly, his rocket thrusters boosted him faster than anypony has gone before. He flew up so high that somnambula and Flash Magnus could not go any higher. He disappeared and flew out of the atmosphere.

"He's gone." Magnus grumbled.

The pillars did not know how he got away. No pony could survive at that altitude. But they had a feeling he wouldn't be back anytime soon.

Mistmane and mage Meadowbrook healed the ground, sprouting new grass and flowers, making the earth strong again.

Mistmane spoke. "whoever it was, it wants to take over Equestria."

The pillars regrouped around starswirl.

"But how are we going to keep it away?" Somnambula wondered aloud.

"All I know is that it's going to take a lot of unicorn magic to do it." He told them.

Months later, the greatest unicorns at the time gathered at the new Capitol of Equestria. How were they going to do it? Well, they were going to create the greatest shield around their world. It would be so strong against the Meterex, that they would never be able to penetrate it. And with the help of Celestia and Luna, the spell was successful. And still protects their earth to this day.

What keeps the world alive is the magic that ponies possess; more more specifically the power of friendship is so strong that it brings things to life.

Earth ponies are the most responsible for keeping the planet alive, due to their ability to make plants grow on a limb and keep the land fertile.

The pegasi still keep the weather in check. Unicorns now can use their magic to heal the earth, but in a less nurturing way from the earth ponies.

In a way, the fire of friendship is like the core of the earth, whether or not any other creature knows.

................

"So that's it, huh?" Sonic wondered aloud.

"They tried to steal the planet egg, but it was already gone?" Knuckles added.

"It says in the Myths and Prophecies that the Meterex never came back."

"So that...spell worked?" Cosmo questioned curiously.

"Apparently so." Twilight answered, and started to levitate the books back.

"But what about this friendship thing? The fire of friendship?"

Twilight turned to her. "Friendship is what makes us ponies special. It helped connect the three tribes." She pointed to a friend with the respective trait. "Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegisi."

Cosmo nodded, then stared at twilight. "What about you?" She pointed to her wings. "You have both wings and a horn."

Twilight opened her wings and looked at them. "Well, I'm what we call an Alicorn. We have the three ponies' magic combined, making us the most powerful, and the most magical."

"Oh Twilight," Tails interrupted, "Speaking of your princesshood, is this your castle?"

Cosmo gasped, and looked at tails. "Princesshood?!"

"That's right. This is my castle. And Cosmo, I am a princess. The princess of Friendship."

Cosmo was amazed. "I do not mean to be so casual with royalty." Cosmo apologized, and bowed to twilight.

Twilight shook her head. "You don't need to do that Cosmo." She looked up at her confused. "I might be a princess, but I'm still a regular pony." Cosmo stood, embarrassed.

"Oh."

Twilight smiled small. "I understand. It's a little werid."

Suddenly, they herd the castle doors open. The group turned their attention to the library doors, where pinkie pie stood.

"Twilight! I saw the ship outside, and-" she stopped mid-sentence when she saw everyone. She gasped. "Oh my goodness!! You're here too!" The first one pinkie hugged was Amy.

"We just decided to drop by." Sonic said, with a smile.

"More like stopping for a Mission." Chris corrected him.

Pinkie stopped hugging Amy and hopped over. "A Mission? Ooh! Could it be you're looking for a missing chaos emerald?"

Cosmo gasped. "How did you know?"

Pinkie stopped bouncing. She froze, but quickly beamed. "Just a hunch."

Cosmo blinked.

"This is pinkie pie." Amy introduced. "One of twilight's friends."

She nodded.

"Pinkie, this is Cosmo."

"Well nice to meet you!" Pinkie greeted cheerfully. "I can't wait to get to know you and catch up with everyone!"

One more chapter. Whoo. I'm working on another ShadPie project, so I'm ending this one short to focus on that. Write you later! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 39 10
What was meant to be a simple rescue mission turns out to be a week-long trek across an island as Sonic and friends race to fix their powers. Knuckle...
13.1K 434 23
'"Tell me... how long has Pinkie been here?" Celestia inquires. I gulp. "How long according to you?" I ask, my voice shaky. "Just about... fifteen d...
18.2K 444 18
After separating herself from her friends, Amy Rose has become a matured, independent hedgehog of 17. But what madness will occur when a robot smashe...
211 0 15
This is a crossover of sonic the hedgehog characters and the story, well movie of 'The Last Unicorn. Shadow is a unicorn that goes on a journey to f...