Incapable of Love | IwaOiKage

By Boke_Beany

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. S... More

I'm Strong, Right?
Why am I Surprised?
Who is He?
Screams and Shouts
Seijoh Match
Cuts
Grocery Shopping
Candy
Sleepover
Nekoma
Cherries
Rewritten
All Their Fault
Memories
We Will Win
Aftermath
Impress Me
Hikaru
A Glance: Kindaichi
Christmas Special
The Week Isn't Over Yet
Picnic
Alone
"Tsukki!"
A Glance: Yamaguchi
Ignore It
"Tobio?"
Goodbye
What They Asked For
Epilogue
...what's a Goody Two Shoes?
A Glance: Rei Ikumoto
Inevitable Announcement

Ferris Wheel

11.1K 381 709
By Boke_Beany

Before the actual chapter, I just want to apologize for the late update. There is an announcement after the chapter explaining everything. Those chapter is also the longest so far, around 5500 words, which is usually like 5 chapters,, so it took some time.

On a random note, I was searching prices for flowers and wanted to compare it to something else to make it overpriced and found out that a McDonalds Cheeseburger is 1.69 dollars?? Like what?? It's like RM10 here?? Excuse me?? Is this how college students survive with fast food because I always thought RM10 was a lot guess some places it's just cheap??

____

"Hey Kageyama, I forgot to ask you this earlier, but what was it about a training camp you mentioned to your captain."

"Oh, you remember?" Tobio looked over for a while, then went back to the road. The three were on their way to Tobio's house, the older boys walking Tobio home against Tobio's insistence. "Nekoma- uh- a team from Tokyo- invited us to go to a training camp. Apparently more powerhouse schools would be there."

"What?? That's not fair!! I want to play power house too!" Oikawa pouted, crossing his arm in front of his chest.

"We play against Shiratorizawa all the time."

"That doesn't count!!! How'd Karasuno get invited anywayyyy????"

"Apparently Karasuno and Nekoma were rivals because the old coaches knew each other. The connection sort of cut off until recently."

Iwaizumi hummed, "When is it?"

"I don't know yet, Tokyo's having their interhighs at the moment."

They were now by Tobio's door, and the two Seijoh boys were standing there awkwardly. Tobio looked at them curiously.

"Uhm Tobio-chan... we have practice that extends till the evening tomorrow." Oikawa said.

"Ok?"

"So we won't be able to see you tomorrow..even after your guitar class."

"Oh...ok. I guess.. see you Saturday?" Tobio was hesitant.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi smiled brightly, as if they weren't really expecting that answer.

"Ok! Bye Tobio-chan!!" Oikawa jumped off, Iwaizumi following behind after a soft "See you then."

Tobio felt light.
______

Tanaka was holding a magazine, Monthly Volleyball to be exact. Tobio didn't know why he hoped for a peaceful day.

"Oikawa's featured in Monthly Volleyball.." he said through gritted teeth, "and it even has his picture."

"Well, he's good enough to play in a national league", Suga commented, peeking at the magazine, "So, what does it say?"

"Uhm, Oikawa Tooru's favourite food is milk bread. His personal motto is-"

If you're gonna hit it, then hit it till it breaks.

"-if you're gonna hit it then hit it till it breaks."

"What the hell is that..?" Sugawara said, slightly annoyed.

"Who cares? That's completely useless!" Nishinoya yelled.

"Looks like Seijoh wants to take down Shiratorizawa, so most of the third-years that were regulars are still there."

I wouldn't expect any less from Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san.

"Come on and bring it, Seijoh!!" Tanaka yelled, pulling the magazine. "Bring it!!!" Hinata screamed, copying Tanaka.

Sugawara hit Tanaka, making him let go of the magazine. "Hey! You're gonna rip it!"

"For crying out loud..." Sugawara muttered, opening the magazine again. "Hey, it's Ushiwaka."

Hinata went over to Sugawara. "Japan?!"

Just at that moment, Sawamura opened the door, Azumane and Ennoshita behind him. "Hey, get out of here already. We're going for a run."

"Hey.. Ushiwaka's in the Youth World."

"What?"

Tobio looked over Hinata's shoulder. I guess that makes sense. He heard Tsukishima explain what a Youth World is. Then Sawamura spoke up again.

"Only one high school can represent Miyagi in the Spring Tournament. For us to go to Nationals, we'll have to defeat Ushiwaka and Oikawa."

Those words hit Tobio. He understood, the team understood. They needed to improve.

"Alright! Let's go running!"

They were now in front of a hill near Karasuno.

"Here we are, Karasuno's famous Heartbreak Hill!" Tanaka said.

"Alright! Ten dashes uphill to the halfway point. Two at a time."

The team got into two lines, Sawamura clapping once to signal when each pair should go.

When it was finally Tobio and Hinata's turn, they were both ready to beat each other. As soon as Sawamura signaled them, they ran up the hill at full speed, not noticing the halfway point where the other teammates stopped. Tobio could vaguely hear someone yelling something but that was the least of his worries, he had to beat Hinata.

They ran, and ran until-

They stopped, looking around.

"There's nobody behind us. You totally went the wrong way somewhere, didn't you?"

"That would be you, dumbass!!!"

"Where are we?" HInata looked around, finding a sign on a lamp post. "Wakano 3-chome?"

"Isn't Wakano near Shiratorizawa?"

"Shiratorizawa? You mean Ushiwaka's school?"

Suddenly a voice beamed from behind them. "Did you need something from me?"

Ah shit.

Tobio and Hinata turned toward the voice, seeing none other than Ushiwaka himself.

"JAPAN!!!" Hinata yelled.

There was a short silence before Ushiwaka spoke up again. "If you don't need anything, I'll be leaving.

"We're from the Karasuno Volleyball Team, a-and we want to go to your school and spy on you.!"

Tobio saw Hinata's shocked face in the corner of his eye.

"Karasuno...." Ushiwaka said, stopping for a second. "The team that uses that weird quick attack?"

Oh, he knows us.

There was more silence, again cut off by Ushiwaka.

"Do as you like. No matter what your abilities may be, we won't get weaker just because you watched us."

Tobio and Hinata stayed silent, sort of stunned.

"I'll be heading back to my school. If you want to look follow me." There was a short pause. "If you can keep up."

Oh-

"Of course we're going. We're going to defeat you at the Spring Tournament. Of course we'll watch." Tobio said, stretching for the run.

"Yeah." Hinata replied, also stretching. "Are you out running by yourself?"

"Everyone else is just slow. They're back there somewhere."

Ushiwaka started running, Tobio following quickly behind.

"Kageyama! Don't you dare get a head start!!"

"You're just slow!" Tobio shot back. He knew Hinata would catch up eventually.

They were following Ushiwaka, a good space in between them and him.

As expected, he runs at a fast pace.

"Holy crap! I'm excited!! Woo!" Hinata squealed, skipping -or more jumping- along.

"Calm down dumbass! Are you a dog or something??"

Hinata ignored him in favour of keeping up with Ushiwaka. Soon enough, they arrived at Shiratorizawa Academy. Tobio's dream school. Or, former dream school.

The two crows stopped running, looking at the scenery around them. The school was big and beautifully made.

"It's so big!!" Hinata yelled. "Their school building looks so cool!! It looks like a hotel!"

"What's with the super huge athletic field??"

"Woah! This place is so big it needs signs!"

"Kageyama! Horses! They have horses!"

Tobio just followed Hinata around.

"OoH!! The volleyball team has its own bus!"

"Hey, don't get lost." Tobio finally said. "I won't!!"

Tobio looked around and-

"We've lost sight of Ushiwaka-san!!" Tobio said, jumping around frantically.

"Then we're lost." Hinata said, also jumping around.

Finally, finally, they found what seemed to be the volleyball court.

"This looks like it might be the volleyball team's gym.." Hinata said, the fatigue finally catching up to him.

"Yeah..."

Hinata tried to peek in through the door, and Tobio tried to look in through the small windows. Crouching down, Tobio was about to look in when Hinata tried to peek in too.

"Hey! Can you see Ushiwaka?" Hinata crouched beside Tobio, pushing him to the side to see.

"Shut up! Don't push!"

Hinata opened the window slightly wider, finally getting a look into the gym.

"Huh? Is that another school? Is it a practice match? Who are they playing?"

"Aren't those college students?"

"College?!"

"Well no other high school in the prefecture stands a chance against Shiratorizawa. They'd have to go out of the prefecture or have a college for it to even count as practice."

Hinata scrunched his face, turning to peek back into the gym. "Curse you, Japan."

"Took you long enough." The voice they forgot about reappeared. Ushiwaka.

Tobio and Hinata quickly got up.

"I'm Kageyama from Karasuno High. Would you mind if I had a look?"

"Kageyama...from Kitagawa-Daiichi."

Tobio bit back a flinch.

"Yes, I applied to this school but wasn't accepted."

"That's not surprising."

Tobio flinched this time.

"I remember seeing one of your matches from junior high." Ushiwaka turned to face Tobio. "We don't need a setter who can't serve the ace at this school."

Tobio clenched his face, ready to say something back but was cut off.. by Hinata laughing.

"True, you're not really one to serve anyone."

"What?!"

What's that supposed to mean?

"But that goes the same for the Great King too. He is the top setter in the prefecture, afterall."

"Oikawa-san has nothing to do with this!" Why did he have to bring up Oikawa-san...

"Oikawa..." Ushiwaka cut in, "He is an efficient player. He should have come to Shiratorizawa."

Tobio heard Hinata gasp.

"Does that mean Oikawa-san would have be able to serve you?"

"No matter where he is..." Ushiwaka said, walking towards the two boys, "Oikawa is a setter that can bring out the absolute best out of his team. If the team's absolute best is weak, there's nothing more to be done. If it's strong, he'll make it as strong as possible. That is his ability."

Is he saying that Seijoh...

"A sapling must have good soil in order to grow strong. Infertile soil will not bring forth splendid fruit."

...what?

"Infertile soil? What do you mean?"

"Other than Oikawa, everyone at Aoba Johsai is weak. That's what I mean."

"Weak..." Hinata muttered lowly.

Weak... Iwaizumi-san isn't weak. Kunimi and Kindaichi aren't weak.

Tobio wanted to say something but Hinata beat him to it.

"If Seijoh is infertile soil... are we concrete or something...?"

Tobio watched, mildly impressed, as Hinata slowly crept towards Ushiwaka.

Hinata's eyes were wide, staring straight into Ushiwaka's.

He's usually pretty scared of strong players he's meeting for the first time.

"I apologize if I hit a nerve, but words from someone who lost to Aoba Johsai and couldn't even stay in the prefectural finals mean nothing to me."

At that moment, a ball flew out of the gym, heading straight for Ushiwaka. He jumped, ready to catch the ball, but Hinata sprinted over, jumping and catching the ball right in front of Ushiwaka.

Tobio smirked.

"I'm Hinata, from the concrete." Hinata started, standing back up from his landing. He walked to Ushiwaka, handing him the ball. "I'm going to beat you, and go to nationals."

Hinata and Ushiwaka glared at each other, both of them keeping eye contact.

"Hey, are you from another school? You're not aloud to be here." A voice beamed, and Tobio looked over to see a faculty member of Shiratorizawa.

"Thank you for showing us around." Hinata said to Ushiwaka, still keeping eye contact, before bowing. "We'll be going now."

Hinata started to walk away, but Tobio still had things to say.

"Um, if Oikawa is the best setter in the prefecture, I'm the one who's gong to surpass him." Tobio bowed, "If you'll excuse me."

Tobio turned around, catching up to Hinata.

There was a silence between them, both stuck in their heads, but Tobio spoke up.

"In truth, we are a team that couldn't beat Seijoh who in turn couldn't beat Shiratorizawa."

"That doesn't matter, as long as we beat both of them."

"We seem to be on the same page."

"That's why we're going to Tokyo. It's best to go up against strong guys if you want to get stronger. Besides," Hinata turned to face Tobio, face now teasing. "He's totally obsessed with your boyfriend and is sooooo amazed by his skills," Hinata smirked, "Poor Kageyama must be jealous, Oikawa this, Oikawa that. You looked so mad~" Hinata said, suddenly adding speed to his pace and running away.

"BOKE!!!!" Tobio ran after Hinata.

————

They were now sitting on the gym floor, surrounding Takeda and Coach Ukai.

"Ahem.." Takeda started, "As for our series of away games in Tokyo, for the time being, it's planned for next month. Because they are away games, we will need permission from your parents or guardians, so I'll hand out those forms later."

Forms? Permission? To go to Tokyo? Mother- she wouldn't sign it! How- Nobu-san! Nobu-san can do it! Yes-

"However.."

Tobio zoned back in.

"As you are aware, you have final exams starting next month."

Tobio froze.

"Right?"

Tobio looked away.

"So, I think you know what I'm getting at.. if you fail any subject, supplementary classes will be held that weekend. Which means you won't be able to go to the away games."

And there it is.

Tobio felt his heart stop. His grades suck, how is he ever going to do this?! He couldn't move. He's dead.

"Kageyama's not breathing!" Yamaguchi yelled, though it sounded distant.

Tobio could hear the others yell here and there, Tsukishima's laugh and Takeda's panic, but it all sounded muffled. The only thoughts in his head were that he'd fail his exams and not being able to go to Tokyo.

When Tobio finally came back, he was in the club-room -probably dragged by Tanaka- and was being lectured by the captains.

"Listen up, you guys. The one thing that you're going to promise me now..." The four idiots stayed silent while the other members changed. "..is that you will not fall asleep in class."

All four of them flinched.

"That's the main priority?" Azumane mumbled.

"Staying up late through sheer willpower, screwing up in your classes and in club. It's all absolutely unreasonable."

Tobio wanted to hide.

"Right.." Hinata mumbled.

"We're heading out.." Tsukishima said, immediately walking out of the club-room, Yamaguchi following behind.

"R-right. Good job." The third years replied.

"It'll be alright", Sugawara said, getting back onto the topic. I mean, you guys passed your high school entrance exams."

"Suga-san!" Tanaka teared up.

"If you fall asleep in class you'd better be prepared for the consequences." Sugawara continues, a threatening smile on his face.

"Kageyama." Hinata called, pulling Tobio to whisper in his ear.

Tobio listened attentively.

"What?! No!"

"You have no right to be picky! We can't go to the away games if we fail! It's Nekoma!!"

Tobio furrowed his brows.

"There's gonna be plenty of strong schools from Tokyo! You're ok with not being able to go?!"

Tobio scowled.

"You told Ushiwaka that you'd become the best setter!"

Tobio tried to fight back, but Hinata's points were right. He looked away, giving in.

Fuck.

"TSUKISHIMA!!!!" Hinata yelled out, making said boy and the pinch server stop in their tracks.

"-san.." Hinata finished.

The blonde and brunette turned around, facing the freak duo.

"Help us study.. please."

Tsukishima kept a straight face. "What? No."

Tobio saw Hinata grimace.

"Just, like, less than an hour each day. Or tell us how to study."

Tsukishima stayed silent. "It wouldn't hurt to do that a couple minutes before or after club." The brunette tried to convince his best friend.

Tobio watched at the tall middle blocker sigh, before smirking at facing him. "Hey, I don't think it's fair that you're having the shrimp ask for the both of you."

The smirk widened.

"What do you have to say, big guy?"

Tobio scrunched his nose, no way in hell is he going to do that!

Hinata nudged Tobio. "Kageyama, ask him!" He whisper-yelled.

There was a silence, all three middle blockers waiting for Tobio to say something.

"..Please teach us.."

"What?"

"Please...teach us how to study.."

God, is this how Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san felt when they confessed about being jealous??

"I don't this I quite heard you." Tsukishima's smirk grew wider. Now he's just messing with me!

Tobio growled, irritated, before yelling, "TEACH US HOW TO STUDY!!!" Tobio bowed, when the door to the Sakanoshita store opened.

"SHut the hell up! You're disturbing the neighbours!" Coach Ukai yelled.

Eventually Tsukishima agreed, with the help of Yamaguchi.

Tobio promised himself to treat said brunette with tons of soggy fries later on.

_______

Keiji: Hey Tobio, sorry we haven't been talking lately..

Tobio: It's fine.
Tobio: I know you've been busy with volleyball.
Tobio: How far did you get?

Keiji: We've only played 2 rounds so far, the next one is in a few days.
Keiji: How have you been? With your whole soulmate deal

Tobio: We
Tobio: We're progressing.. I think?
Tobio: Yesterday they cooked for me, it was good.

Keiji: Oh?
Keiji: You rarely compliment someone's cooking.
Keiji: Must've really impressed you I see ;))

Tobio: The chicken was burnt though, but tender.
Tobio: Oikawa-san's were hard as a rock
Tobio: and- O h g od since when did you use those-

Keiji: I'm sorry, Bokuto-san got to me ://

Tobio: ...
Tobio: Who are you?
Tobio: Give the phone back to my brother please..

Keiji: I'm- Wow, ok.
Keiji: I guess I'll take my leave.

Tobio: No wait!
Tobio: Luv u <3

Keiji: ....
Keiji: I see why you were scared.

Tobio: Told you.

Keiji: Also you called me your brother~

Tobio: Oh m y go d fine I'll never call you that again.

Keiji: :)

Tobio: ...
Tobio: Hello brother of mine.

Keiji: Hello to you too, lil' bro.
Keiji: So, other than getting yourself boyfriends, how are you?

Tobio: First of all, NOT boyfriends

Keiji: Yet.

Tobio: Shut-
Tobio: Second of all,
Tobio: Good I guess..?
Tobio: The wall feels heavier since we hang out together a lot..

Keiji: You haven't put it down yet??
Keiji: Tobio :(((

Tobio: No, you will not guilt me.

Keiji: :((((

Tobio: No.

Keiji: :((((((((

Tobio: I want to talk to them about it first..
Tobio: Plus, it's not the end of the week yet so what if
Tobio: What if theu
Tobio: Wgat if t hey chamge tgeir nnmind
Tobio: Whas id htey hatr me

Keiji: They won't hate you, Tobio.
Keiji: Breath for me.
Keiji: In
Keiji: Then out
Keiji: Repeat it, yeah?
Keiji: In
Keiji: Out

Tobio: Im fine
Tobio: Call me?

The phone rang, and Tobio immediately picked up.

"Are you ok?" Keiji's voice rang through the phone instantly.

" 'm better now... thanks.."

"Of course. What makes you think that?"

"I mean.. they hated me before, maybe they'll just realized that their first choice was correct and-"

"Tobio! You said it yourself, they COOKED for you. This Oikawa-san even gave the tender chicken to you and got the ROCK SOLID one. Trust me, they wouldn't just leave."

Tobio stayed quiet, taking in Keiji's points.

"Yeah...ok.."

Tobio could hear a soft sigh from Keiji.

"Can we talk about something else now...?"

"Of course, how has school been?"

Tobio scowled, and he could hear Keiji muffle a laugh. "Exams are next month..."

"Good luck Tobi."

"Aren't you going to help me?"

"Nope."

"But Keiji-nii!! This ones important?"

"Is it Rin-san?"

"N-no, I mean yes, but if I don't pass all my exams I won't be able to go to a training camp!"

"Oh? Training camp? Do tell."

"It's in Tokyo. Nekoma invited us.. Apparently there will be more teams there. It's part of a group.. Fuku- Fukudo? Uh-"

"Fukurodani?"

"Yeah! Fukurodani Group or something... How do you know about it?"

"Oh nothing, I've heard of it."

"Um.. ok. I need Nobu-san's signature though..."

"For what?"

"I need it if I want to go to the training camp, I don't really want to ask mother..."

"I can ask father, but is he allowed to sign it?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I'm pretty sure Rin-san didn't register father as a guardian for you. You'll have to convince Rin-san to sign it.."

"B-but.. What if I get Nobu-san to convince mother!?"

Keiji was silent for a while, and Tobio thought he hung up, when Keiji spoke up in a slight whisper.

"They, um, had a fight recently. It's- it's more serious than their usual teasing so I, I don't know how they are right now."

"Oh......" Tobio didn't really know how to respond. When his papa and mama mother used to fight, it was just him. He didn't really have a reason to tell anyone, nor did he really understand the seriousness of those fights. As far as he knew, Keiji has never mentioned anything about his mother and Nobu arguing before.

Keiji sighed. "The made up, I think, but it's still pretty awkward."

"Oh... that's good... What am I supposed to do with the permission slip?"

"Just email the form, I'll try asking Rei-san."

"Ok... thank you, Keiji."

"Of course, Tobio. See you next month."

"Ya, of course... Wait- didn't you say you couldn't come next month because of your training ca-"

The call was cut.

Tobio was woken up by his phone ringing and his doorbell possessed. He sleepily answered the call, trying his best not to topple over to go to the door.

"Helwo...?"

"Hey Kageyama. Did I wake you up?"

"Of course not, I was totally not sleeping peacefully in my bed-" Tobio cut himself off with a yawn, "- not at all."

"Tobio-chan!! Open the door!!" Of course Iwaizumi said would be on speaker-

"Wait- that's your doing- STOP PRESSING THE BELL! Thank you.." Tobio walked up to the door, swinging it open.

The two Seijoh boys were.. suddenly silent, face red. Was it that hot out here?

"What are you guys doing here?"

"I- We- uh- Hi."

Tobio frowned at Oikawa's weird response.

"Uh.. hi?"

"Uh- we uh, we were here to ask if you wanted to um, you know.."

Iwaizumi too?

"Are you guys ok?"

"I- um yeah, yeah. T-tobio I think you should- um, put on some pants it's uh- very.."

"..distracting." Iwaizumi finished.

Tobio looked down. He was still in his pajamas, which meant he was wearing a hoodie and- no pants, just his boxers.

"O-oh.. I- just woke up so- come in."

Tobio quickly left the door, keeping the door open and running straight to his room. The door shut with a slam. How embarrassing.

Tobio's face was bright red as he quickly shuffled to find a pair of sweatpants -or any form of pants to be honest- head spinning. What made it worse was that yesterday had been colder than usual, so Tobio put on a hoodie.

Which meant if it weren't for the cold, Tobio would've opened the door with no shirt.

And in just boxers.

Focusing back to his mission to find a pair of pants, ignoring his warm face, put on yesterday's sweats and rushed back downstairs. As much as he didn't want to see them after that, he was raised to treat guests with the utmost respect.

He saw them sitting on the couch in the living room.

"So uh.. why are you guys here?"

"To bring you on a date of course! We only have two days left and would love to make the most of it thank you very much."

Iwaizumi just nodded, but he had the same look Tobio had yesterday. They only have two days left. Tobio has two days left to relish the feeling of being loved from his soulmates before they can take it all back and say it's some joke when Tobio tells them outright that he forgives them.

Two days, make them count.

Tobio frowned, "But I usually spend Saturdays in my house, after I buy groceries."

Before Oikawa could complain, Iwaizumi cut him off.

"Then.. we can just stay here? We'll help you with groceries..?"

"Um..."

Originally Tobio would accept, since they had little time left and Tobio wanted to spend time with them, but he actually wanted to spend that day in his house, not Nobu-san's and he doesn't think he'd be able to answer their questions.

But there were only two days left.

"Ok.. let me take a shower first."

Oikawa grinned, nodding vigorously. Iwaizumi let out a soft smile.

Tobio nodded, running back upstairs to quickly take a shower. He got dressed in something comfortable -since he would spend most of his time just relaxing at home- and went back downstairs.

"Ok, let's go."

Oikawa grinned, lunging at Tobio and grabbing his hand and dragging Tobio out of the house.

Oikawa's fingers interlaced with Tobio's.

"Uh- Oikaw-"

"Ok! Which grocery store do you go to?"

"Um, the one near-"

"You go to the same place I work at right?" Iwaizumi cut in, appearing beside Tobio.

Tobio slowly nodded, looking down. Truthfully, he started to avoid that particular store since he learnt Iwaizumi worked there last month.

"U-um yeah."

Iwaizumi smiled, intertwining his hand with Tobio's left.

"Let's go."

Tobio could only nod, voice stuck in his throat.

They arrived fairly quickly, and Tobio took out his list on his phone.

"Ok, I need-"

"Awe, Tobio-chan has a cute list ready! You do know that normal people don't actually use those-"

Iwaizumi hit Oikawa's head, "Oi!"

They don't? Am I weird? Am I not normal?

"...tobio..Hey- are you listening?"

Tobio snapped out of his trance and saw Oikawa stare into his eyes.

"Hey, I didn't mean in a bad way, ok?" Oikawa's eyes were pleading Tobio to believe Oikawa.

Tobio nodded.

"Ok," Iwaizumi said, suddenly reminding Tobio that they were in public. "Let's start. What's on your list first?"

"Uhm.. I need some eggs, bread, rice and broccoli. And milk. Lots of milk."

"Of course you'd want milk," Iwaizumi said, ruffling Tobio's hair, "C'mon, I work here so I know where everything is."

Tobio nodded, following Iwaizumi with Oikawa close behind him.

The whole process was quicker than Tobio's usual shopping trips because Iwaizumi knew where everything was. He even got an employee discount -somehow, something about taxes and soulmates? Honestly Tobio didn't understand a word- and he saved some money for those new shoes he has been saving up for a few weeks.

Iwaizumi helped bring most of the bags -not that they were many, just heavy like the rice- and Oikawa carried the rest, much to Tobio's refusal. The only thing that he was aloud to carry were the eggs, since they could break easily.

They arrived back at Tobio house just as swift, the older boys helping Tobio place the groceries into their right places.

"Hey, Kageyama", Iwaizumi called, making Tobio look up from the rice he was putting into the dispenser.

"How come you buy the groceries? Don't your parents do that?"

Tobio paused, thinking of a response.

"My mother is usually busy, so it's a habit for me to buy groceries."

Tobio stopped at that, not really wanting to talk about his papa nor explain anything about Nobu-san.

Iwaizumi gave him a look, probably expecting him to continue, but went back to washing the eggs when Tobio didn't say anything further.

The rest of the day was uneventful, aside from one comment Oikawa made.

"Tobio-channn!! Show me your baby picturess, there are none hanging arounddd"

Of course there are none of me.

"Haha yeah... maybe if I can find any..." Tobio said, looking down at his phone.

He missed the worried frown Oikawa gave to Iwaizumi.

Sunday, final day of the week.

Tobio feels like it went by way too fast.

He started the week reluctant to let them in, now he's scared that those would be the only good memories he'd have of them.

He knew it was technically his choice, this was their chance to get him to accept them. Yet it still looms on Tobio somehow.

You've talked to Keiji about this. Ok, talk honestly to them about your boundaries. Talk to them about the wall. Ok. You can do this.

The bell rang, and Tobio's grip on his jacket tightened.

Unlike the day before, where it was unplanned, Oikawa suggested they go to a carnival held that night, giving Tobio time and space to think about everything during the day.

Slowly, Tobio took a step toward the door, opening it. The two boys smiled at him, but there was a subtle tension in their shoulders, a tint of nervousness, no doubt from the decision that was going to happen that night.

Both boys held up their hands, waiting patiently for Tobio to take it. Tobio hesitated for a second, glancing at their faces. They just gave him soft smiles.

Tobio's hands slotted perfectly.

"Ok, let's go. I borrowed my mama's car."

Tobio nodded as Iwaizumi led them to his car.

Tobio got in back, as Oikawa took the shotgun seat.

Tobio watched the two, their shoulders seemed to be tense, their movements quite rigid.

Tobio sighed softly, he just wanted them to be the normal them, seeing them nervous made him nervous too.

They arrived at the carnival, and Tobio was immediately distracted by the blinding lights.

He has never been to a carnival, his father wasn't in the right health to supervise Tobio.

Oikawa chuckled, "Have you never been to one, Tobio-chan?"

Tobio shook his head, eyes focused on the giant ferris wheel.

"Can we ride that?" Tobio said excitedly, pointing to said ferris wheel, all the tension from beofre long forgotten.

Iwaizumi chuckled, his hand finding Tobio's again. "What about we check out the stalls first?"

Tobio pouted, but nodded.

Oikawa pulled on Tobio's right hand, dragging him to multiple stalls. A cotton candy stall -where Oikawa got a green one that somehow had a minty after-taste to it, a hot dog stall -that was wayyy overpriced in Tobio's opinion, and one of those games where you can win a poor fish that would eventually die if you don't have a proper aquarium setup.

Oikawa was whining about him not being able to get any fish, and Iwaizumi was teasing him about it. Tobio didn't pay much attention to their battering, it was calming in a sense, knowing they weren't seriously fighting but just playing around. Tobio was looking at the many stalls, when his steps faltered.

This caught the older boys' attention.

"Is everything ok, Tobio-chan?"

"Did something happen, Kageyama?"

Tobio couldn't hear them, their voices were muffled. All Tobio could really focus on was the flower stall. Tulips, purple double tulips. Just like his papa's soulmark.

Iwaizumi probably noticed Tobio's line of sight.

"You want to check that stall?"

Suddenly his voice seemed closer than before, and Tobio could process it properly.

"Yes! Uh- please.."

Iwaizumi chuckled, " 'Kawa, let's go."

"Which one do you want, Tobio-chan?"

"Tulips. Purple." Tobio said, staring at said flower.

"Ah, would you like the standard tulips? Or the double tulips?" the stall owner asked, looking at Tobio.

"Double."

"That would be 800 yen."

"What- that's way too high-" Tobio tried to argue but was cut off by Iwaizumi handing the owner 1600 yen and asking for two.

"Wait-"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi both held a single tulip, offering them to Tobio.

Tobio looked up at the two of them, soft smiles and gentle eyes.

Tobio's face slowly morphed red, gently taking the two tulips from the boys.

"um..thanks. I guess...."

The older two didn't reply, instead placed a gentle hand on Tobio's shoulder.

"It's time to ride the ferris wheel don't you think?" Iwaizumi said, Tobio nodding excitedly.

The three got in line, which wasn't that long since it was getting pretty late.

Eventually the previous people went off, and the three boys got into their capsule.

The wheel slowly moved, lifting them up. Tobio was impressed by the sight. It was twinkling, light red, yellows, oranges, even green, contrasting against the dark night sky.

If Tobio was paying attention to the two, he would see how they were getting nervous again by the second.

"So.." Oikawa spoke up, making Tobio look at him, the smile he had from the beautiful sight behind him stuck to his face. Oikawa gulped. "Why did you choose tulips? Any specific reason?"

Before Tobio could hold himself, his mouth opened. "My papa's soulmark were purple double tulips."

"Were?" Iwaizumi asked, but it was more of a mutter to himself.

Tobio tensed, realizing what he just said. He decided to just nod, shifting his eyes to the outside view.

A heavy silence loomed over them.

Eventually Iwaizumi sighed, "Ok, Kageyama. We technically have..." Iwaizumi checked his phone, "30 minutes left as your... boyfriends? Trial boyfriends? I just want to say that you don't have to make the decision immediately, and I know you already had the whole day to think about it, but we don't want to pressure you. And if these are our last moments with you, I just want to say, thank you. For giving us a chance at least."

"I-"

"We're happy. With you, Tobio. I hope we- Tobio?!"

The two scrambled to Tobio's side, where he was crying, afterall, they had never seen him cry.

"Shit- Tobio are you ok? I'm sorry did I say something wrong or-" Iwaizumi was cut off when Tobio clung to his hoodie, crying into it. Oikawa ran fingers through Tobio's hair, giving worried looks to Iwaizumi.

The sobs turned into sniffles, and eventually Tobio let go of Iwaizumi's hoodie. It was drenched in tears, but from the look of Iwaizumi's face, he couldn't care less.

"I'm sorry Kageyama, did I say something wrong or-"

Tobio shook his head. "N-no.. I- I'm- ..scared..."

Oikawa frowned, "Of what?"

"Of.. of being hurt again- I- I know you don't want to hurt me on purpose and I know that was the whole point of this week but I can't help but be- be scared and I-"

"Shhh," Oikawa muttered, rubbing Tobio's back.

"I know it'll take a lot for you to fully trust us, but I'm willing to go through with whatever to prove it to you." Oikawa said, staring into Tobio's eyes.

"Is there anything you want us too do? To make you more comfortable with us?"

"Um- um about that-"

The door to the capsule suddenly opened. When did we get here?

They got out, Iwaizumi muttering to them about 'talking more at home.'

Iwaizumi drove back to Tobio's house, where they quickly got in. It was officially Monday, and at the back of his head Tobio couldn't help but get annoyed at the thought of having to go to school the next day with less sleep than usual.

They sat down on the couch, but instead of the usual Tobio on one and the older two on another, the Seijoh players sat on either side of Tobio. Another heavy silence was in the ar.

"So" Iwaizumi immidiately got to the point, "Is there anything we can do to make you more comfortable with us?"

"Uhm I.. you.. you impressed me?"

The older two stared at him, before cracking up. The tension disappeared.

"So- so I'm willing to try this for real this time. I- I wanted to talk about the wall."

The two boys listened attentively.

"I need you to promise me, that whatever happens, I will never have to put up the wall again. Even if we break up.." Tobio took a short peek at the two but quickly continued as he saw them looking straight at him, "..I don't want to put you guys happiness over my own wellbeing anymore. It's tiring, especially the past week because I've been near you guys for long period of time. So, please, the least you can do is please promise me this."

"I promise." They said at the same time, a determined look in their eyes.

Tobio nodded, looking down at his lap, "Second, I'm still not used to showing my mark... so please don't push it to much.."

Iwaizumi nodded, Oikawa giving a hum.

Tobio let out a sigh, he had gotten the reoccuring thoughts out.

"And finally..."

"Oikawa-san, please stop asking my teammates who 'Akaashi Keiji' is."

"Wait you knew--?!"

________

(Also random note, I feel really happy with the small community of Iwaoikage writers and stories on wattpad. When I first posted here,, Ao3 had a decent amout of Iwaoikage but wattpad had like... 3 and 2 of them were headcanons and the third one was.. honestly idk if I'm remembering 3 stories with mine included or there's another story I completely forgot -I'm sorry fhrfbr- but it's been a really fun journey seeing the number of books with Iwaoikage expand, it's 1 am and I'm feeling sappy ok to the announcement)

Just an announcement about the future of this story. So my online classes are going to start next week, so I'll be busier. I also have a few projects I want to work on, mainly for youtube but I'm also working on a story for my ocs atm. I don't really want to keep you guys waiting that much for a chapter but they are going to be less frequent (I also am trying to make the chapters longer so it'll take time). Apart from that, I also have less time near my laptop because my mom came back from overseas work -she couldn't come back for a long time because of covid- and now that she is back so are my little siblings and thus I have to help my mom to take care of my youngest sibling -who is two- when my parents are working. I also have to start helping with the cooking again because when my mom was overseas my dad would just buy takeout for every meal apart from the occasional fried rice and stuff so yeah, I'll be more active in my house. Rest assured, my time online won't be that affected, since my old schedule at boarding school was way more packed than now and somehow I managed it. I will still update, just they're going to be less frequent, thank you for all your support for the past 5 months -wow this has been going on for a while- and I'll see you guys in the update, thank you for your time!

TL;DR Update are going to be slower but longer because of online school and family stuff

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 557 16
~In an AU where you get a string at some point in your life at 16, which is connected to your soulmate. Only you and your soulmate can see it. The st...
7.4K 436 12
【🔸】𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐮𝐮 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐔 -COMPLETED © MORKAWA ┏━┓ •. ♡ .• ┗━┛ Many called her unfortunate. H...
131K 5K 31
DISCLAIMER IS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NEVER BE FINISHED What happens when you have a soulmate? well, you love them with everything you've got, of course...
378K 15.6K 45
Y/N l/N was your average girl. She had good grades. Good group of friends. She was happy and cheerful. And she had wonderful parents. But that all c...