Her Beautiful Innocence

iguessiwritebooksnow tarafından

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... Daha Fazla

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔

10.3K 230 39
iguessiwritebooksnow tarafından

A/N: Thank youuu! More than 11k READS and 379 VOTES 🥰

Sophia's POV

Well, isn't this just great? My birthday is the day after tomorrow!

First of all, it was only a few hours since they found Josephine's body, so of course, no one will be ready to have fun—all will not be forgotten so quickly.

Secondly, I don't even have friends that I can invite. And invite to do what exactly? Liv is gone, Evie and Arabella could be an option, but I don't think they'll be in the mood to party yet, and Natalie was possible too, but me and some of her friends don't get along very well.

And because of all that, I don't truly look forward to my birthday either. I guess this year I'll just have to skip it. It's not a big deal, right? Even though my birthday is usually my favourite day of the year...

I sighed and got out of bed grumpily. I wasn't all too happy about having to go to school today, but I understand why I have to. My parents would let me stay home if I wanted to, but I told them I was fine. I'll get over it, you know. I never really was friends with her, we've only spoken to each other one time before—she didn't seem to like me very much either.

There are people like her friends and family who need a break though, and I totally understand that. But I shouldn't get behind my classes because I want to sleep more, these extra days off weren't meant for me, only for the people who knew her personally, so I wasn't going to take advantage of it.

I have no clue how she died, most people, including the police, say she committed suicide, but like with everything else in this school, there are rumors. Terrible ones that say she was murdered. I didn't genuinely believe that though, this town was small and safe, nothing bad has ever happened here in the past plenty of years.

Why would that suddenly change?

I took a hasty shower to rub the sleep off of me and clear my mind. 

(Her outfit ^)

I went with the first thing I saw and put it on, I wasn't trying to impress anyone today, not even myself. I put my hair in a ponytail and went downstairs.

I was met with both my parents and internally exhaled again. Here comes the worrying again...

-

I was out the door, put in my earphones and played some music. I actually rather walked to school than rode in Mom's car, it was refreshing.

When I entered the school's double doors, I instantly felt the different aura that hung in the air. Everything felt more vacant than before and the halls were also less crowded. It didn't quite surprise me as much as I thought it would. I mean, Josephine was popular and without a doubt had a lot of friends.

I went to my locker, exchanged some books and closed it again. I was about to turn around when I felt someone put their arm around my shoulders, kind of like a hug from behind. They spoke, "Hello, Sophia."

It was a masculine voice and I immediately knew who it was, which made a smile appear on my lips for the first time today. "Hey, Logan," I said back, happy that at least he was still here. 

He actually seemed quite eager for such a sad day, did he not hear what happened? 
In case he did know but just didn't want to talk about it, I kept quiet. 

As expected, I haven't seen Grayson or any of his friends around. They seemed really close with Josephine. Well, he did appear to be annoyed by her a lot, but they knew each other, maybe even for years, I don't know. 

"I'll drop you off at your next class if you want?" Logan suggested, the friendly tone he always had still in his voice. I nodded and told him I had math next. He lead the way, even though I already knew where it was, and halted at the door. We said goodbye and he walked away, leaving me to enter the classroom. 

-

Nothing happened in my first few classes, they all flew by until lunch came around. "Hey, how are you guys doing?" I asked Evie and Arabella as I sat down at their table. Natalie and Leslie and her friends decided to go out for lunch, they invited me, but I again declined their offer kindly. 

"We're doing alright." She knew what I was talking about and continued, "We weren't friends with Josephine—we hated each other, to be honest. But still...it's definitely going to be more quiet here."  

"Yeah, everything's also really depressive at the moment," added Bella, looking around the cafeteria that was more unfilled than usual, then suddenly turned around. "Not to be offensive or anything, I just meant that no one is smiling, is all." 

I laughed light-heartedly, "Yeah no, I get it, no worries." She smiled in relief and stared at her half-eaten sandwich. I pulled out my water bottle and drank from it, not specifically hungry for anything. 

"Let's go outside," Evie abruptly said, standing up without waiting for a response out of me or Bella. We followed her actions and ended up out the back door of the school, going toward the football field. 

We sat down in a small circle, the sun barely shining through the grey clouds that hung in the sky. Even the weather was disconsolate today. Evie lay down on her back on the grass, closing her eyes. Bella laid her head on Evie's belly, making herself comfortable on the grass as well. 

I was about to lay my upper-body on Bella's legs, making the little triangle of our bodies complete, but something caught my eye. I saw four guys standing near each other at the end of the field, discussing some things. They stood close to one another, acting exceedingly secretive, as if no one was allowed to hear them.

Why were they back there? Are they dealing...drugs? I thought to myself. They weren't near the bleachers or the school's side of the field, they were on the opposite path. It gave off the impression that they were having an underhand meeting or something. I frowned, but then recognised one of the guys. Logan? What's he doing there?

One of the four boys, not Logan, shouted one last thing to the three others, while taking a few steps backwards, then turned around and started running toward a group of jocks, jumping on them as if they were best buds. I saw him as Jacob, I also knew he played a sport here.  

Anderson was the third person I discovered. He rose a few inches above Logan and the last guy who had his back to me. Logan did a swift handshake with the unknown man and jogged away from them, almost missing me, but then he caught my gaze. He waved, and when I exchanged it with an acknowledging smile, he grinned and kept on moving to the school's entrance.   

My eyes fell on the two guys left, Anderson and the other one, it seemed as if they were arguing. I wonder what about? I have always been a curious person. But curiosity killed the cat, right? So I better mind my own business. 

Before I could shift my stare, he looked over his shoulder, one peculiar ray of sunshine hitting his face with the right angle. Streaks of his deranged, dark hair growing 'til over his forehead and his green eyes falling on me. 

Do I look away? Would that seem suspicious? Does he know I had been gaping at them like a stalker? Oh no. I wanted to but couldn't change the direction my eyes led to. I held his intense and strong gaze, but barely. There was something dark about them, definitely hiding a secret. You could tell by his posture and discreet way he talked to his friends just now.  

As devilishly as he seemed, the sun gave an impossible angelic look to it. He was a few yards away, not close by, but yet I could still see his face and all the details. Is it because I ogle him a lot during the classes I share with him? I don't know, but I could remember every single feature. From his slightly crooked but almost straight nose, to his shadowy eyelashes and pink lips. 

I couldn't handle it anymore and situated my back on the soft rug of green grass, placing my head on Bella's legs. Forget about it, Sophia. Forget about him, forget about everything... 

I rested my eyelids too, desperate for the sleep I didn't get yesterday. The few rays of the sun heating my face a little and making me feel calm. I positioned myself on my side and let out a sigh, thinking the bell will wake us up for classes, so we won't be late and relaxed fully. 

Nothing's important right now...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

213K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
2.2K 124 35
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
725K 24.7K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...