rooftops

By maywashere_

༄ Dream is the lead guitarist in a band, George is just a boy who happens to be the one Dream falls for. Litt... More

chapter 1 ~ him
chapter 2 ~ music
chapter 3 ~ sweater weather
chapter 4 ~ knocking
chapter 5 ~ plans
chapter 6 ~ 505
chapter 7 ~ wild ones
chapter 8 ~ know
chapter 9 ~ my blood
chapter 10 ~ realizing
chapter 11 ~ reality
chapter 13 ~ mountains
chapter 14 ~ sleeping
chapter 15 ~ lipstick
chapter 16 ~ the hill
chapter 17 ~ home
chapter 18 ~ help
chapter 19 ~ flying
chapter 20 ~ jane
chapter 21 ~ snow
chapter 22 ~ warmth
chapter 23 ~ lying
chapter 24 ~ calm
chapter 25 ~ creak
chapter 26 ~ droplets
chapter 27 ~ elevator
chapter 28 ~ the truth
chapter 29 ~ hallway
chapter 30 ~ shoved
chapter 31 ~ jumper
chapter 32 ~ spiraling
chapter 33 ~ sand
chapter 34 ~ worsening
chapter 35 ~ driveway
chapter 36 ~ caving
chapter 37 ~ moon
chapter 38 ~ stars
chapter 39 ~ dreams
chapter 40 ~ deeds
chapter 41 ~ nerves
chapter 42 ~ breeze
chapter 43 ~ suitcase
chapter 44 ~ pen
chapter 45 ~ arguing
chapter 46 ~ calls
chapter 47 ~ song
chapter 48 ~ packet
chapter 49 ~ rooftops
chapter 50 ~ touch
chapter 51 ~ him
epilogue 1/2
epilogue 2/2
notes !!
life after

chapter 12 ~ clouds

131K 3.6K 21.6K
By maywashere_

•mature language

Georges pov=

This isnt how I wanted Tommy to find out.

Why did he have to be so nosy?

When we got back to camp last night, me and Wilbur were talking about Dream, and how I was feeling, and who was there? Eavesdropping? Tommy was.

I think thats what had pushed me over the edge of actually fainting. It was all too much.

When he had emerged from the trees he had a guilty look on his face, and he actually looked like he felt bad.

That had sent me into panic, he had heard me talking about Dream, and then everything had just gone black.

When I came back around Niki and Wilbur were there to help me up, whilst Tommy laughed at me.

I felt like murdering him. Niki asked Wilbur what had happened, and he told her it was probably mild heatstroke, and she agreed. But the rest of us knew it wasnt that.

Then Dream came to see if I was okay, and that just made everything ten times worse, I started feeling sick as soon as he came into view.

Wilbur was the one who had talked to him as I tried my best to focus on the conversation whilst my head is spinning.

I began to focus more when Dream spoke directly to me, asking me if I was okay.

And then I told him Tommy would stay here with me tonight. I wished Dream could, but that wouldve been selfish, and I needed time to think about things.

So then Dream left to get back to the others, and said something about calling him, I just nod in agreement.

Wilbur helps me into the tent and sits with me until Tommy gets back, and when Tommy gets here he says something else about calling people, and Tommy seems to know whatever hes on about, so I sit back and relax.

After Wilbur leaves, its just me and Tommy.

Im still angry at him, so I turn my back and face the other way from him and stare at the side of the tent.

"Oh come on George" he says, in an angry but amused voice.

"You know I didnt mean to" he tells me, and I can picture him smiling by his tone.

I turn around and glare at him, and that wipes the smile off of his face pretty quickly.

"George im not going to tell anyone" he tells me, softening his voice a little.

I still dont reply, this was his fault and these were his consequences.

"Im sorry" he says, in a really quiet and sad tone.

I hate him right now, I know hes guilt tripping me. And now I feel bad for being mean. I turn myself around to look at him.

"You will be if you keep listening in on my conversations" I tell him, trying my best to give him a small smile.

He smiles back at me, knowing his shitty plan worked. Then he starts to grin.

"Do you actually like him?" he asks me eagerly.

I debate on whether or not I should start talking about this with him, could he really keep a secret like this? He said he wouldnt tell anyone, but hes Tommy.

I nod my head at him, and Tommy starts to smile.

"Thats nice, you guys would be cool together" he tells me, grinning.

"Wait, since when are you gay?" he asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"I dont know what I am" I tell him, and thats true because I really dont know.

"Oh well, whatever you are, I support you" he tells me, and it makes me laugh slightly. Tommy trying to be serious was always weird.

"Thanks" I say, giving him a smile back.

We start talking about what we'll have to eat, and Tommy ends up texting Wilbur asking him to bring us back takeout on their way home.

Me and Tommy start to talk about what we miss most about London, and his is the atmosphere that London has. He asks me what mine is, and im not sure.

"Theres loads I love about it" I tell him. I honestly cant pick.

"Pick your favourite" he says to me, laying down on his sleeping bag.

I sit and think about it. What would be my favourite thing about London?

"I like the Winter, especially when it snows there" I tell him, making up my mind.

"Oh yeah, snowy days are really fun" he replies, and I can see him nodding his head in agreement.

We both go quiet for a minute or two, but its not an awkward kind of silence, its more peaceful rather than anything.

Tommy clears his throat.

"Whats your favorite thing about Dream?" he asks me, in a small voice.

I turn my head to look at him, and hes not laughing, hes looking serious.

I think about his question, unsure of how to answer to it. What was my favourite thing about him?

"I couldnt pick, everything about him is just so, hes just so near to perfection" I ramble on, I know I dont actually answer his question, but I dont even know how to answer it.

He turns his head back up to look at the roof of the tent before sitting up. I can tell he doesnt want to push me too much.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asks me.

"Yeah I think im okay now, why?" I ask.

"Lets go sit out by the logs then, its getting too warm in here" he complains, unzipping the tent.

I sit myself up, and everythings stopped spinning. I think im alright. I stand myself up and follow Tommy out of the tent.

It hasnt started to get dark yet, but the skys started to go a pinkish purple.

Theres only a slight breeze, but its colder then any other night we've been here.

Me and Tommy get over to the logs and sit down. We end up just chatting about what else we were going to do in whilst we were in America.

I sit back and listen to Tommy talk as I watch the trees in front of us sway back and forth with the wind.

The pink lines in the sky slowly start to disappear as the sky turns from purple, to dark blue, to a black.

The wind starts to slow down as it gets dark, and then its left eerily quiet.

Tommys found a deck of cards and I sit trying to teach him how to play solitaire. Hes not that good at first, but he gets into it after a couple of rounds.

After a while I make him try play a round without me, and he does quite well.

Hes asking me about where to put one of the cards when I hear voices wandering closer to us.

Could they actually be back already? I pull out my phone and check the time.

Its 7:30pm, theyve been gone nearly three hours.

"That flew by" Tommy says to me, not taking his eyes off the cards.

"Yeah didnt it?" I ask him, I spotting the others coming into view, all laughing and joking with eachother.

"Now where do I put the card? Cmon focus" he says, slapping me on the leg.

I take my eyes off the others and look at whatever Tommys talking about. He ends up finishing his game just as everyone gets over to us.

"Hey, how was dinner?" Tommy asks, and most of them tell us it was good.

Wilbur hands me and Tommy our food, and its chinese. I dish it out between the two of us and we both sit down to eat.

Niki comes to sit beside me and Tommy, asking how I am. I thank her for helping me earlier and tell her that im alright, and she gives me a smile before starting to talk to Wilbur.

Me and Tommy finish eating, and I sit back down beside him to help him with his cards again. Everyones sitting around discussing for their show tomorrow, and I feel someone sit just behind me. I dont have to turn around to know who it is.

Nobodys watching us, everyones focused on their own conversations, and Tommys still talking to me about his cards.

I turn my head slightly, and hes alot closer to me than id expected. He starts to smile when I turn around, and I can feel my face starting to burn and my head starts to fuzz. I turn back around because I think Tommys asking me a question.

Tommy turns around to look at me, and doesnt even bat an eyelid when he sees Dreams behind me, he just keeps on talking and asking me questions.

I can feel Dreams hand slide over to my waist, and it makes my breath pick up again. If I faint over him again Tommy will never ever shut up about it, so I try to control myself.

He starts moving his hand up and down over my waist slowly, and im hoping nobody can see my face. He stands up and moving like nobody else is watching, lays his head down in my lap and pulls out his phone, acting like nothing had happened.

Tommy finishes another question and turns to look at me waiting for the answer, but I have no idea what the question even was.

"It has to go on the second pile, or youll just have to pull another card" Dream answers him, not taking his eyes away from his phone.

"God George, pay attention" he says, grinning.

I stare down at him in disbelief, before thwacking him on his head, which he starts to chuckle at before going back to his phone.

"Thanks Dream, and yeah George, pay attention" Tommy says, inpersonating Dream.

I start to play with Dreams hair without even meaning to, its gone longer, and the sun had turned it blonder than it usually was. Ranboo had come over and told Tommy he'd play some card game with him, and Tommy was happy to have something to do.

Dream had put his phone down, and had his eyes closed whilst I ran my fingers through his hair. I wasnt sure if he'd gone asleep or not.

"Have you ever bleached your hair?" I ask him.

It takes a few seconds, but he starts to smile.

"No, what makes you think that?" he replies, his eyes still closed.

"I dunno, some parts are way more blonde then others right now" I tell him, moving my hands down as I start to stroke along the side of his face. He starts laughing quietly.

"That tickles" he tells me, opening his eyes.

I start to smile down at him as he grins up at me from my lap. I drop my gaze at him after a few seconds, embarrased.

"You dont have to do that you know" he tells me, shutting his eyes again as I bring my hands back up to his hair.

"Do what?" I ask him, confused.

"Look away whenever I stare back at you" he says, smiling a little at his words.

"Why shouldnt I?" I say, still staring down at him.

His jawlines straight right now with the way his head is angled, and all I can think about is leaning down to kiss it.

"I like when you stare at me" he says, starting to grin instead of smiling now.

I hold his stare, getting too cocky. He stares back directly into both my eyes, and im not gonna break contact.

He likes it? He can have it.

Dream steadily holds his stare and bites down softly on his bottom lip.

My heart starts to thud, and I look away turning red. I can feel him starting to laugh at me.

I turn back to look at him, and hes smirking.

"Am I just too gorgeous for you?" he says, laying a hand on his head dramatically. It makes me laugh slightly.

"Yeah, I think you are" I say, smiling down at him.

He turns his head upwards to look at me, and he has an expression on his face i hadnt seen before. Hes staring at me, but his eyes look cloudy, like its not just me hes looking at, but something more. Almost like hes mesmerized.

I stare back at him, but its not like it was a few seconds ago, my stomach starts to jump, but my heartrate is steady.

Hes not looking at me how he was a minute ago. No, this was something else.

"What?" I ask him, and I wouldnt of been able to see him smiling if it werent for how close to his face id gotten without realizing.

He blinks twice, and seems to come back to his senses.

He doesnt reply to me, he just lays his head back down and takes back out his phone, hes still smiling, even though I have no idea what hes smiling about, or what any of that even was.

I watch him, confused. That was weird, maybe he didnt hear me?

"Dream, what?" I repeat myself, still watching him.

He puts down his phone and turns his head up to look at me again.

"I cant tell you right now" he tells me, starting to rub his hand up the inside of my leg.

It feels like my hearts stopped, I watch him as I try to control my facial expressions.

He reaches the top of my leg, and drops his hand before picking up his phone again and putting his head back down on my lap.

"That was just to try to make me forget about my question, wasnt it?" I ask him, copping on.

He starts to grin a little before nodding his head.

I flick him on the ear and he laughs before going back to his phone.

I lift my head and look up around us. Id forgotten we were actually outside, with other people who couldve easily seen any of that. But I dont think any of them were interested enough to turn around to see what we were doing, and that calms me down a little.

"Whats the time?" I ask Dream, not bothered to pull out my phone and check.

"9:30" he tells me, and then he goes back to scrolling through whatever app he was on.

I watch Dream doing whatever he was doing, sometimes he'd drop his phone and start talking to me, sometimes he'd shut his eyes for a few minutes and sometimes he'd just scroll on his phone.

After a little while Ranboo comes over and starts talking to Dream, not seeming to care that he had layed himself out across my lap.

But I wasnt paying attention to him, I was watching Dream. His mouth, the way he'd shove his hair of his eyes, the way he kept running his finger down his jawline whenever he was thinking. These were all things I hadnt really noticed before, but I was definetley noticing them now.

Tommy starts to screech for Ranboo to come help him, which breaks my train of thought. Ranboo stands up and goes over to help Tommy, and Dream looks up at me.

"Do you want to do something else tonight?" he asks me, in a low voice.

"That depends, how late do you plan on keeping me?" I ask him, I dont know how much longer I can run on such little sleep.

"I promise ill have you back here by 2am" he tells me.

I dont know if I can believe him or not by the way hes grinning at me, but im not going to refuse another night out with him.

Id have to be insane to do that.

-
-
-

authors note
• im pretty sure we're on like 1.26k reads right now and thats just mental, thank you guys so much!!
• i hope you all enjoyed this chapter!💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 46 13
George is distracted with thoughts of Dream. The time has finally come for him to move to America-to be with Dream. Are they simply friends, or is DN...
421 2 13
when wilburs indie band does a collaborated tour around all of the usa states with the newest pop band trending, dreams, brings a wave of excitement...
11.9K 602 16
George Davidson is the lead singer of his band. Yet, an unexpected trouble arrives when their lead guitarist moves away. They needed to host an audit...
358K 8.1K 21
[Complete] Dream x GeorgeNotFound George sat on his bed as he thought about everything in his life. He thought he had everything he could pos...