Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 8

20.9K 573 82
By nic275

The entire drive to the station is quiet , the police officer keeps on looking at me through the dashboard mirror and shaking his head at me  .

Am I feeling guilty , nope ! actually I feel like I'm high on cocaine and I have no care in the world .

When I get into the cell , I sit on the bench and immediately sleep takes me over .

This is not the most comfortable I've slept,  but this could be worse . I'm violently shaken , I and I do wake up .

The warden calls me to the visiting . The hand cuff are still on my hands,  but I'm almost used to the coldness of the metal and its tightness around my wrists .

He leads me to a room full of benches , a few people are sitting there talking with their families . I look over to where he's taking me . I see momma dressed in a floral knee length .

And Bethany  , in jeans  and a white tshirt .They're both looking at me in disbelief , well momma with teary eyes .

I sit on the bench opposite to them . The warden leaves . And I'm left just staring blankly at them .

Momma stands up and then engulfs me in a hug . Bethany soon joins in . Then they go back to their seats .

"Honey what happened?" Momma's voice sound tired .

" He-he cheated." I tell them both . Beth looks at me in surprise and momma looks confused .

"Jacob ?"momma asks . And I nod .

"Yes mom , Jason . " I say to her and her face twist to the one emotion I used to fear when I was a kid . Anger .

"Then why are you here then . Did that scumbag send you to jail?" Its now Beth who is asking.

" I beat them up . I mean Jason and the harlot." I say , momma gasps because of the cuss that escaped my words and Beth smirks.

" Honey , I always told you that violence is not the answer ." Momma says . Raising her voice .

"What was I supposed to do , the whore was throwing my insecurities right I'm my face ." I say . Also raising my voice .

"You could have told her to stop , and if not you could have done what other women did when their husbands cheat . You could have left !" She screams in my face .

"Yes you're right,  I could have . But I didn't,  I made my bed and I will lie in it no arguements whatsoever ." I say . I'm done talking  to momma , she'd never understand , she believes in nonviolence and all but it never works .

"I cant sit here  and pretend that I regret what I did yesterday , because I dont . I dont regret a thing I said . I dont regret a thing I did . Because I'm tired of being run over , being overlooked.   So no , it's their fault not mine ." I scream at momma and Beth .

" Would you stop blaming other people . You had a choice Cassandra , you could have walked away , you should have ! So you know what , it is your fault , you did this to yourself . I'm so disappointed in you Cassandra . But who am I to judge , I dont know what it felt like to be in your position.  All I know is that your father and I taught you better ." She says . Bringing up dad was below the belt .

But I won't say anything she's my mother . I nod and look at Bethany .

"Make sure she never comes here again ." I say and their faces fall .

" I dont want my mother to see me like this .  And Beth , please make sure she doesn't work anymore . Mariah will send my profits to you and you'll take care of my momma . I dont want her fainting while I'm not there to help ." I say and then I stand up.

I go around the table and I kiss her cheek and then kiss Bethany's cheek .

"I love you guys , take care ."  I say . And then I begin walking away .

I hear my mother's broken sobs and Bethany trying to soothe her . When I get to the door I turn around . My mother looks defeated , her eyes are blood shot . When she feels my gaze , her head shoots up and she gives me a weak smile . I nod and then I get in .

Is this the right decision,  is momma right , could I have made a better decision? I dont know for sure . But I know that I need this .

I need to be away from reality for some time . And this is the best way to avoid reality .

You did this to yourself.

Momma's words ring in my head the entire time . I hurt my momma by the stupid choice I've made . And I couldn't even apologize. 

For some reason unknown to me , the warden and I come to a sudden halt . I look up . Oh , were at my cell . I look at him .

"Thank you , have a nice day ." I say to him .

He looks surprised , almost taken off guard . I understand though , most prisoners insult him .

He nods at me then he leads me in and then removes my handcuffs . He's about to go , but he stops then looks at me .

" You know if you keep this up and also take behavioral therapy and classes , you'll be outta here before you can say life sentence ."he says with a slight smile .

I nod at him . " Thank you for informing me."

He walks away . What a nice man . I settle on the bench slash bed like structure.

And then sleep overtakes me . I'm drifting to another dreamless sleep .

It's just quiet , no thoughts , no talking . No loud and obnoxious snoring coming from Jason .

No waiting up for him . I literally have so much peace right now . Well I had piece until I hear a person saying my name .

" Mrs Smith! "She says again and then I look up with a little bit of a blurry vision.

Its Kerrie , my lawyer . The warden from earlier comes and opens the cell door or gate , I dont know .

He nods at me and I nod back .

We head to that benched room again . Kerrie takes out some papers.

"So how are you  Cassiey?" She asks .

"I'm fine thank you." I reply .

"That's a good start . Now let's sum a simple plan to get you out of here as quickly as possible." She says in a peppy voice that comes through as annoying to me .

It sounds exactly like Kayla's when I first gave her the job .

Flashback

"You can come to the office first thing Monday morning , and we'll discuss everything you are going to do ." I had said to her .

"Thank you . Thank you so so much . The lord bless your soul . I won't ever disappoint" she said with a peppy voice .

I was happy I  had helped her out .

End of flashback

"  I dont want to be out of this place ." I say to her .

"What?" She asks , the peppy voice long gone .  I smile internally .

"I said , I dont want to be out of this place ."  I repeat my words .

" No , no please Cassiey , listen to me . You're my first big case . And I need to show my boss that I what I can do . Please ." She begs . I just stare at her blankly .

I literally watch as her face falls.

I give in  . " Okay , fine . But I don't want bail and I should at least be in here for over two years ." Curse my good heart .

She smile at me and then looks over the stacks of papers in front of her .

"Well looks like you've been charged with ...  assault and ... attempted murder. " she says .

"What ? Murder ? No , nobody died ." I say to her and she shakes her head .

" A miss Kayla Dixon who was one of your victims has been admitted to the hospital , I don't know what her injuries are , I'll come back in the morning to inform you . But if the word coma leaves my mouth then you're in here for a long time ." She says with a sad look.

I honestly wish she was in a coma,  I'd love love love to stay here for a long time.  But I won't tell her that .

I just nod and then she begins to ask me a few questions . The case is going to start in a month . So this is home sweet home .

Author's note

What do you think?

Cassandra's character is now maturing if you haven't noticed . I'd like for you to pay special attention from now on as you read because there will be noticable changes in her character. 🤲

Thank you to those who are reading and to those who aren't please do 🥰

Vote,  comment and recommend ❤

Nic275

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1K 23
Trapped in her own darkness, surrounded by her demons. What can help her escape her self-proclaimed destiny? [graphic artwork: ]
1.4M 91.9K 184
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.6M 158K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
854K 20.2K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...