𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬: 𝐁𝐥...

由 ddriftingdownn

The 125th Hunger Games are just around the corner, and Lacie Greenly, a 16-year-old child genius from Distric... 更多

A/N
Chapter 1 - Lacie
Chapter 2 - Greta
Chapter 3 - Soren
Chapter 4 - Carlo
Chapter 5 - Dalia
Chapter 6 - Nia
Chapter 7 - Lacie
Chapter 8 - Tanner
Chapter 9 - Saylee
Chapter 10 - Orion
Chapter 11 - Soren
Chapter 12 - Dalia
Chapter 13 - Jomilee
Tribute Profiles (pt. 1)
Tribute Profiles (pt. 2)
Chapter 14 - Angelica
Chapter 15 - Victoria
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Acacia
Chapter 18 - Lacie
Chapter 19 - Persephone
Chapter 20 - Rex
Chapter 21 - Robin
Chapter 22 - Della
Chapter 23 - Greta
Chapter 24 - Jomilee
Chapter 25 - Ada
Chapter 26 - Cressa
Chapter 27 - Kala
Chapter 28 - Dalia
Chapter 29 - Orion
Chapter 30 - Magdalena
Chapter 31 - Ada
Chapter 32 - Soren
Chapter 33 - Persephone
Chapter 34 - Rose
Chapter 35 - Jomilee
Chapter 36 - Indigo
Chapter 37 - Lacie
Chapter 38 - Cressa
Chapter 39 - Dalia
Chapter 40 - Victoria
Chapter 41 - Robin
Chapter 42 - Soren
Chapter 43 - Greta
Chapter 44 - Victoria
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 - Roman
Chapter 48 - Ross
Chapter 49 - Epilogue (Pt. 1)
Chapter 50 - Epilogue (Pt. 2)
The Tributes of the 125th Hunger Games - Death Order
Character Profiles (pt. 1)
Character Profiles (pt. 2)
A/N
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 47 - Soren

41 1 1
由 ddriftingdownn

^Lydia, the Announcer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 47

POV: Soren (District 4)

Time: Day 15

Tributes Remaining: 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the bright light subsides, I uncover my eyes, looking up at Victoria. Her exposed eye is now a milky color and she looks around, confused. Suddenly, a blade appears in her stomach as someone stabs her from behind. She screams, crumpling to the ground as I roll out from under her.

Orion appears behind her, stabbing down at me as well, but I scramble out of the way and flee from him, running to Lacie, who I see hiding in the Cornucopia. A cannon shot fires for Victoria.

Orion turns as Robin approaches him, sword in hand. It's the first time I've paid much attention to Robin since I arrived. He's overloaded with supplies, and his bag is filled with my allies' weapons. I clench my fists at the sight of him. I still can't believe he would do what he did to us. He's going to pay for it.

The two boys begin to fight. I watch from the cover of the Cornucopia, exhausted. My mind is reeling. Everything is so chaotic and I'm worried I could be killed at any moment.

Orion and Robin fight intensely until Robin gains the upper hand, knocking Orion's sword out of his hands. As soon as Orion's sword leaves his hands, the possessed weapons nearby hone on Robin, whizzing at top speed and quickly embedding in his body. Robin lets out a surprised gargle as the blades strike him. Next to him, Orion drops to the ground, startled by the appearance of the weapons, who had stayed high in the sky for the most part until now. Robin now looks like a pincushion, dropping to the ground with a clatter as a cannon shot booms.

Lacie and I share a glance, confused. Lacie suddenly reaches into her pocket, grabbing her small blade and tossing it to the ground. Then I realize - the weapons are designed to attack tributes who are holding weapons, meaning we have to fight without them.

I laugh a bit to myself. I didn't believe in karma before, but I do now. Robin only died because he betrayed Lacie and me. If he hadn't stolen our supplies, he might still be alive. He got what he deserved. In a sick way, I'm sad I didn't get to kill him myself after what he did to Dalia.

Orion looks around, spotting Lacie and me. I glance at Lacie for a moment. Knowing I'm the stronger one of the two of us, I sprint to meet Orion halfway, and we fall to the ground as we collide. Orion punches me in the jaw, and I feel something crack as we scramble for power over one another. We roll around until Orion gains the upper ground, rolling us to the edge of the Cornucopia island.

I can hear the Ultimate Solvent bubbling behind me as I push against Orion with all my might. I can't give up now. I bare my teeth, pushing back and rolling us back onto the island. This time, I pin Orion down, punching him in the gut twice before Orion gains control again, throwing me off of him and pinning me to the ground once again.

The boy pants above me as I look around frantically for anything I can do to kill him quickly.

I spot a dagger laying on the ground close to my head. It was probably dropped by Robin when he was fighting Orion. Orion spots it too, and our eyes meet for a moment before Orion snatches the dagger up. I feel panic starting to take over my body as I frantically plead with him.

"No, please!" I beg him. He turns to me, his expression unreadable.

"Lacie!" I call to her. She's still under the Cornucopia, watching helplessly. She looks around frantically for a solution, but she can't pick up any other weapons in case the possessed weapons attack her.

Oddly enough, the possessed weapons don't move as Orion hovers over me, dagger in hand. Why aren't they attacking him? I know the real answer - the Gamemakers want a good show, so Orion and I will have to duke it out. I feel sick. Orion tries to stab at my face, but I dodge. Behind him, I see one dagger floating down from the sky. It has a purple glow around it.

I'm out of time. Orion reaches up and stabs me in the stomach. The pain is blinding as the metal slices through my skin. I let out a scream, unable to move. The pain takes over my mind, and I'm unable to move. He pulls the blade out, stabbing me again.

Orion moves to stab me again, and I brace myself. I'm going to die. All of this pain, all of this suffering. 15 days of torture. All for nothing.

Orion freezes, gasping before letting out a groan. I reach up, using all my remaining strength to gently push him off of me.

In Orion's back is the dagger. It has the name 'Murray' engraved in the hilt. Lacie stands over me, her expression blank. She turns and walks away as I look at Orion, laying on the ground next to me. My stomach is pouring out blood, and I can feel blood trickling from my temple where Orion must have sliced it.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, turning to Orion. I can feel my energy draining.

Orion begins to cry. "It wasn't supposed to end this way," he sobs. "Where did I go wrong?"

I don't respond, simply looking at the ground.

"I've let Murray down... I killed Amethyst when she was on my side... I couldn't kill you, though. Too powerful... that girl saved you. Or did she save herself?" he says.

I look up at Lacie, who is at the opposite end of the island, staring over the lake of Ultimate Solvent with her back to me. A cannon shot fires, and for a second I think I've died, but I look over to see Orion, a blank stare occupying his face.

I take a shaky breath before looking back up to Lacie. "Lacie?" I call.

Lacie turns slowly. I clutch my stomach as it bleeds.

"Tell my brother I'm sorry," I tell her. "You deserve to win. I would have been dead a long time ago if it weren't for you. Just please... don't forget me."

Is this the end? For some reason, I can't help but think of Roman, watching me slowly die right now. He doesn't deserve this.

Lacie shakes her head, her face filled with sorrow.

"There's a difference between you and me, Soren. I kept us alive, but you cared. You cared about Lena when the rest of us didn't. You took Dalia under your wing after Nia died. When Robin tied us to those trees and left us to die, you easily could have freed yourself and left me behind. I hate to say it, but that's probably what I would have done. You might never understand what I'm about to do, but please, live your life every day like it's your last. And please don't forget me. It's been an honor to be by your side these last few weeks."

"Goodbye, Soren."

Lacie tears her gaze from mine, walking to the edge of the island.

"No... Lacie, no!" I shout. She can't be doing this.

I try to stand, to chase after her, but I can't move. My stomach is in too much pain.

Lacie looks back at me one last time. "Thank you," she says.

"Lacie, stop!" I order in my most commanding voice, but there's nothing I can do.

I don't deserve to win. I don't want to have to live with everything I've been through in this hellish Arena.

Before I can do anything, Lacie expertly dives into the Ultimate Solvent. She begins to scream in agony as her skin is ripped off. I weep as she screams in pain. There's nothing I can do but cry. I've finally been given the one thing I've wanted all along - to go home and see my family again. I never realized that this would be the cost.

As she screams, I can't help but think of the story she told me and my allies. Of the girl from District 4 who killed herself all those years ago to save someone she cared about. The thought makes me cry even harder.

A cannon shot fires. The Arena is silent for the first time in two weeks. There's a moment of silence before I hear the crackling of the microphone.

Lydia speaks loudly. Her voice echoes around the Arena. "Congratulations... the winner of the 125th Hunger Games is Soren Murdock from District 4!"

A hovercraft descends, blowing dust and debris all over the island. Men and women in all-white uniforms depart, moving across the island. Many of them approach me. One sticks something into my leg, and I feel myself drifting into unconsciousness as the workers lift me up. Behind them, I can see workers moving the bodies of the other tributes.

The island is stained with blood.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

883 105 26
BTS's Second Chapter, all about albums and lyrics
101K 2.4K 26
Amara Eve Lupin-Black's birth was not normal. In fact, it wasn't even legal, to the point where no one knew she existed besides the Marauders and a s...
1.1M 61.8K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
33K 750 20
Seraphine is an orphan. Her mother was murdered when she was a child, and no one knows who her father was. She was given to Sebastian Malfoy and his...