Love So Far

Par StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... Plus

Second Chances
Hani
Forgiveness
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Sleepover
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Emotions
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
Celebrations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
New Bonds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

Tragedy Brings Us Together

4.2K 211 202
Par StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

I once saw someone asking a question to writers on Wattpad: Do you take Covid-19 into consideration while writing your books, or do you set your books in the past or future, or do you pretend that Covid-19 never existed.

Well, I'm not going to mention it, since, hopefully, people are going to be reading this long after the tragic year 2020. This story is set whenever the readers want it to be set

****

Zafar

Our group has had weird love lives, seriously. And by group I mean, the guys and girls in my generation in the Ali and Sheikh family.

Arhaan Bhai was the only one with a straightforward marriage.

Fawad Bhai started off loving Laiba, and he almost gave up his career for her. That man can do anything in love. But he ended up choosing his career because he had worked hard for it his entire life, and Laiba was just being selfish. He had ended up marrying Jasmina Sheikh.

Fariha chose Umair, despite her brother's and parents' warnings against her. After two kids and years of misery with him, she had decided to divorce him. She opened up her already vulnerable heart to Ahad, who first agreed to marry her despite knowing her entire situation, but then jilted her on the evening of their Nikah. That led me to send over a marriage proposal to her through her parents, because I genuinely liked her and had thought that she would make a good wife. And turns out, I was more than right. She was an amazing mother, and an incredible wife. She was the definition of selflessness.

In the Sheikh family, Ahad had married Aliya out of spite towards his little sister, but had ended up divorcing her just as impulsively. He then offered marriage to Fariha, but after changing his mind and basically being exiled from everyone for a while, he'd ended up randomly meeting Zoya Bhabi at a mall, and falling for her.

And then there was Jasmina Bhabi. I had been in love with her for years, but then she got engaged to Fawad Bhai, and during that engagement period, he ended up in love with her as well. The girl, at a young and impressionable age, made a wrong choice because of seemingly an innocent university crush, and had abandoned Fawad Bhai for her, but they still ended up together.

But ultimately, we'd all ended up with who we truly belonged with. Well, I am not too sure about Arhaan Bhai yet.

"Zafar Papa?"

I had been lying on the charpai in the veranda, waiting for Fari to call, when a small voice made me turn. "Yes, Saad?"

He looked small and vulnerable. "I had a bad dream."

I sat up and patted the charpai beside me. He came and sat down, looking close to tears. "Tell me about it."

"I dreamt that Omar Bhai met Thor and didn't tell me about it. He went to meet him, and didn't take me with him." The tears appeared in his eyes then. The boys looked like Umair, their father, but the vulnerability in Saad's eyes reminded me of how Fariha looked whenever she thought about her past.

"It was just a dream, Saad. Your Bhai will never do that to you, you know that."

"Really?" Saad rubbed his eyes.

"Of course. Your Bhai loves you too much to do that to you." 

He lay down on the charpai, curling up into a little ball. "When is Mamma coming back?" 

"Mamma needs to look after her Dado for a bit." I ran my hand through his hair, and his eyes began to drift shut.

"Our Dado was mean. She locked us in the dark room and she yelled at us." 

My heart broke for the little boy. Grandparents were meant to be blessings. They were meant to protect you from being told off by your parents. They were not meant to abuse you.

"My mother is your Dado now. She loves you like a Dado, doesn't she?" I asked. 

He nodded, and within seconds he had fallen asleep. 

Last month, Fari and I had celebrated our two years wedding anniversary, Ma Sha Allah. In these two months, I had legally adopted the boys, and I'd started feeling like a father to them right from the start of my marriage to their mother.

Umair, their good-for-nothing biological father, barely glanced at them now. This time he hadn't even wished Omar on his birthday, and even though Fari didn't say anything, I knew that she'd felt upset because ultimately, Omar felt the absence of his father the most, being the older one. 

But I had made a promise to myself that I would be such a good fatherly figure to them that they were eventually not even going to remember that I wasn't their biological father. Already, they proudly introduced me to their friends as their 'Zafar Papa'. 

I carried Saad to the boys' bedroom and tucked him into his bed. I felt awful because due to our relatively small home, the boys had to share such a cramped space, but this was all I could afford at this salary. Apart from that, I had no complains with our life, Alhumdulillah, and one day, I planned to built an entire portion on the roof to create more rooms for our family. In Sha Allah. I would love for Saad and Omar, and even Zaid, to have their own rooms which they could decorate as they wished.

Before marriage, I used to either sleep in the veranda, or in the living area if it was cold, so that Dua and Mahnoor, my sisters, could take a room. After my wedding, I had to take the room, and the twins had moved in with Ammi, while Baba Jaan initially slept the way I used to. Shortly after marriage, I had built a small room upstairs on the roof and Baba Jaan slept up there, as the twins were scared to sleep up there on their own.

Sometimes I wondered if Fariha truly happy with me. Even Umair's house had been slightly bigger than me, and as for her parents' house, it was a palace in comparison. But, every single time, Fari unknowingly answered my question. The happiness on her face was absolutely genuine, and could be reflected in her eyes. I remember when she was married to Umair, she always looked like a wilting rose, still beautiful but losing the life that once gave it its former glory. 

I fell asleep once I'd checked in with Fari, not turning my phone on silent mode because I wanted her to be able to reach me instantly.

****

"Zafar?" Fariha sounded worried. 

It was four in the morning, and I'd received a call from her. "Fari, what's wrong? Is Dadi Jaan okay?" 

"She's..." Her voice broke. "She's gone into cardiac arrest. It doesn't look good, Zafar. Ammi and Papa are trying their best, but..." She paused, probably to compose herself. "Can you come over, please?"

"What about the kids?" I asked. "You want me to bring them?" 

"There's no choice,  Zafar. I shouldn't have done this. I should have let her meet them. Allah's never going to forgive me for this. I didn't let her meet my children..." She started sobbing.

"Allah knows your intentions, Fari. Don't worry. I'm coming." 

"They can stay downstairs with Bhabi and Hania." She added. "But I really need you right now." 

"I'm coming, don't worry." I immediately got up. "Pray for her, and stay strong, okay?" 

After the call ended, I went to the boys' room to gently wake them up. I'd dropped Zaid off with Fari earlier as he was too young to stay the night without her. 

"What's going on?" Omar muttered, sleepily.

"We need to go to your Mamma." I said in a gentle voice, trying not to startle or scare them. 

As the two got chance, I came outside, and before I could think about what I was doing, I was dialling Ahad's number. 

"Zafar?" He answered sleepily after a few rings.

"Ahad, I need your help, Bhai. Fariha's Dadi's not well..." 

****

Ahad and Zoya Bhabi instantly drove over to help look after the kids. Jasmina Bhabi was pregnant, and it was unfair to expect her to handle a newborn, a toddler and two boys by herself, and Fariha was too distressed. 

"Ammi said to let her know if you guys need anything." Ahad told me. "She and Papa didn't come right now, because you all are already so distressed, and they didn't to cause further inconvenience, but they said to call immediately if needed." 

"And Arhaan Bhai will come here straight from work." Zoya Bhabi added. "Fawad Bhai's family has always been like his own family, as you know very well." 

"Thank you both for coming." Fariha came down the stairs, a dupatta draped over her head. "I really appreciate it. We all do." She and Zoya Bhabi hugged. 

Suddenly, we heard Saira Phupho wailing loudly upstairs. "Ammi Jaan!" 

We all knew what must have happened, but for some reason we didn't want to believe it until we were told directly. As if on cue, my mother-in-law came downstairs, tears in her eyes. She almost stumbled on the last step, and Zoya Bhabi and Fari instantly reached out to steady her.

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un." Ammi whispered.

*Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un: means 'Verily to Allah we belong, and Verily to Him do we return." This is said when someone passes away.

We all repeated it as Jasmina Bhabi came out of the room, also with a dupatta draped over her head.

"Jasmina, beta, call Fawad and let him know." Ammi told her.

"Bhai will be devastated. He was the closest to Dadi Jaan out of all of us cousins." Fari said, crying silently. 

The gate opened behind us and we turned to see Arhaan Bhai enter. He saw our expressions, and closed his eyes, muttering, "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un." under his breath. He walked up to Ammi. "I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Aunty." 

"I better go up to check on Phupho." Fari briefly met my gaze. 

"I'll come with you." Zoya Bhabi offered. 

The two headed upstairs. 

Meanwhile, Jasmina Bhabi dialled her husband's number, in tears herself. "Assalam Alaikum, Fawad." She swallowed hard. "No...she had a cardiac arrest, and Papa and Ammi tried everything but..." She looked like she was having difficulty speaking.

"Let me." Arhaan Bhai held out his hand towards her and she gave him the phone. "Fawad, Assalam Alaikum..." 

Omar came out of the room then, looking confused. "What's going on? Why is everyone upset?" 

I crouched down in front of him. "Omar, your Mamma's Dado has been called back by Allah. She's gone to Him, to a much happier place, In Sha Allah." 

"Call back? Did she go to Him before?" Omar looked genuinely bewildered.

The innocence of kids. "No, beta. Allah sends us all into this world, and eventually, we all go back to Him." I ruffled his hair. "Now, go back to sleep." 

"It's Fajr time." Omar pointed out.

I glanced at my watch and realised he was right. I smiled at him, proud of this little kid. He didn't pray five times yet, but his favourite namaaz was Fajr. While the rest of us struggled to get up for Fajr, this boy loved it. "Ma Sha Allah! Thank you for the reminder. May Allah reward you for this. Ameen." 

And, so, in this time of grief, this little boy made us all remember our religious duties, and we all prayed. 

We had a little jamaat (congregation prayer), and my father-in-law came downstairs to lead the prayer. 

****

Fariha

"How's Bhai?" I asked Jasmina Bhabi, as we sat in the room downstairs.

Nearby, Zaid slept in the travel cot that Hania used to sleep in while Bhai and his family had stayed here. Hania was asleep on the bed beside us, and my sister-in-law and I sat on the bed, keeping an eye on them. Ammi and Afreen Aunty (Bhabi's mother) were upstairs, comforting Saira Phupho. Papa had gone out with Arhaan Bhai and Asad Uncle (Bhabi's father), to make funeral arrangements. Meanwhile, Ahad and Zafar had gone to get breakfast for everyone, taking Omar and Saad along with them, as per my sons' requests. Zoya had quickly gone home to freshen up and change, and would be returning shortly.

"You know your Bhai, he tries to remain calm." Bhabi pulled up Hania's light blanket over her. "But I could tell how deeply upset he was. You know he adored Dadi." 

I smiled sadly. "I know. Even in his college days, before he left for London for higher education, he used to come here and study here. And while taking breaks, he used to sit with Dadi and talk to her. I guess that's why he was her favourite. He talked to her, something that the elderly crave for, I guess." I wiped a stray tear from my cheek. "Is he coming?" 

"He was going to take the flight today anyway, so yeah, he's coming, In Sha Allah." She nodded. "But he's going to miss the burial, because we don't delay the funeral for too long."

"Poor Bhai. But I'm so glad that at least Arhaan Bhai is around." I admitted. "He's such a great support to our family, especially in Bhai's absence." 

"You know how they both have a brotherly friendship, Ma Sha Allah." 

There was a light knock on the door.

"Fari?" Zafar said from behind the closed door. "Breakfast is here. You want to come up?" 

"Sure, coming." I replied, glancing at Bhabi. "I'll bring breakfast for you and me down here, as the kids are asleep." 

"That's okay. You can have it upstairs. I'm not hungry right now." She shook her head.

"Bhabi, you need to take care of your health." I said, sternly. "And Hania's asleep right now, so it's a good time to eat. When she wakes up, as much as I adore her, she's too energetic to let you eat in peace. Ma Sha Allah."

"Fariha..."

"No arguments." I warned her. "I'm your Nand. You should listen to me." A smile broke out on my face even as I tried to sound like a stereotypical Nand.

"My younger Nand." She pointed out.

"Age wise, I'm older." I sighed. "I'm not listening to you. See you in a bit." I headed out and up the stairs. 

A wave of sadness suddenly took over me as I climbed up the stairs. We never visited Dadi's house as often as we would have liked to as kids, but whenever we did we just to run up the stairs excitedly, me and Bhai, ready to meet our Dadi Jaan, and in those days, Dada Jaan as well.

I'd fallen down these steps a few times, and had always got told off by Ammi for running. I'd cried and complained that Bhai was running as well, so why was I the only one getting told off, to which Papa told him off, causing me to laugh at my brother. And then both my parents got told off by Dadi Jaan for telling us off, to which both me and Bhai laughed.

Once, I remember very well, Bhai had fallen down these steps when he was eleven. It was so serious that I'd ended up crying. Well, actually, as a child it seemed serious to me, but to my doctor parents, it was nothing to worry about. But I remembered the blood on the floor where he had fallen, and I'd freaked out. No matter what, I couldn't see my brother in pain. Dadi Jaan had also come running down the stairs, crying and saying, "Nazar lag gayi hai, mere potay ko!"

*"My grandson (son's son, in particular) has been affected by an evil eye!"

For a few seconds, I stood in the stairs, crying silently. I couldn't believe that she was really gone.

"Fari?" Zafar came down the stairs again and pulled me into a hug. "I know it hurts, but her pain and problems are finally over. She's at peace now. Now, we can only pray for her." 

Both my parents were tall, which is why both me and Bhai were tall. Because of my height, there wasn't a huge height difference between me and Zafar, which I really liked. Now that there was anything wrong with height difference: my Bhabi looked almost adorable next to Bhai, because she was quite short in comparison to him. But for me, personally, I was comfortable with how I felt being with Zafar. 

"Thank you." I whispered. "For getting up in the middle of the night and rushing here with the kids." 

"Why are you thanking me? We're family, and this is what family does for each other." He kissed my forehead. "I love you so much, Fariha, and I consider your family and relatives my own."

"I love you too." I closed my eyes and thanked Allah for blessing me with such an amazing husband. After Umair, I'd lost all hope of ever being happy again, but Zafar had truly made me feel like the most blessed person on the planet. Alhumdulillah.

****

Ahad

Being in a cemetery always shakes me to the core. It reminds me of the arrogance with which I'd lived my life, despite knowing that this was our ultimate end.

Papa stood beside Ali Uncle, with Arhaan Bhai on the latter's other side. I stood at the foot of the grave beside Zafar, and we all silently recited Surah-Fatiha (a verse from the Quran). There were various other relatives and family friends around, all praying for Ali Uncle's mother. 

It was almost bittersweet how a tragedy brings us all together. All issues, all drama is forgotten, and we all come together when something like this happens. This showed that the Ali and Sheikh family friendship was as strong as ever. 

"May Allah grant her a place in Jannah." Papa said, as we all turned to head home.

"Thanks." Zafar told me as we exited through the gates. 

"For what?" I looked at him, surprised.

"For being there for us." He was staring down at the ground.

"We're all an extended family somehow." I said. "You are not just my best friend, but you are married to Fariha, who is Fawad Bhai's sister, who is Jazzy's husband. That makes us all a family, right?" 

"Right. I keep forgetting that you were there for Jasmina Bhabi as well." He nodded.

"I was, but initially, I drove over at that time because you needed my help, bro." I patted his back. "I first came there because of my friendship with you. I told you a long time ago, I'll always have your back." 

He glanced up at me and gave me a genuine smile. "And I'll always have your back."

"Unless I'm wrong...as usual?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You've actually changed a lot, Ahad." He pointed out. "For the better." 

"Zoya takes the credit for it." I smiled weakly.

"She's definitely right about that." He agreed, smiling back.

I know that it may seem like a weird time for bromance, but it's actually death that teaches you the value of people around you. It shows you that life is actually quite short, and that we can't take the people we love and care about for granted.

Speaking of friendships, Ali Uncle was also thanking Papa for always supporting him. 

"We have had decades of friendship, yaar." Papa replied. "There's no need to thank me. I'm just doing what you would have done for me as well." 

I looked over at Arhaan Bhai, who was walking on his own, with his head down. He clearly felt his own best friend's absence. Their friendship was an example in our families. 

"He's coming." I walked to my older brother and patted his back. "And he's going to need your support, even if he never admits it." 

****

Fawad

It really is always an unbelievable feeling when I arrive back in Lahore.

Home.

*I am getting a cliché 'hero entry' feeling writing this scene. Like a scene from a Bollywood film. :D

It was three in the morning, local time, and a thin layer of fog engulfed the airport. The familiar Lahore fog. I took a deep breath, looking around. 

Stop being all emotional and find a bloody taxi! I mentally told myself off. After the surgery yesterday, I'd dashed home, packed up quickly and then headed to the airport, which is why I was exhausted now. 

"Fawad!"

I turned, hearing the familiar voice, and saw Arhaan walking towards me, wearing white shalwar kameez. "Arhaan?" I hadn't been expecting anyone, but my wife knew my flight details, and she probably asked Arhaan to meet me at the airport. "Assalam Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam!" He immediately hugged me. "I'm sorry for your loss, Bhai."

"Thanks, Arhaan. Allah unhe jannat naseem farmaye. Ameen." I muttered.

*"May Allah grant him a place in Jannat (heaven). Ameen."

I pulled back. "How are you, and the family?" 

"Alhumdulillah." He paused. 

We walked to the car, going into an awkward silence. It was weird how this was the same best friend of mine who had been by my side throughout my life. 

"Hania is very cheeky, Ma Sha Allah." He broke the silence. 

I smiled, hearing my daughter's name. I was desperate to hold her and my wife in my arms. "Yeah, you can't leave her alone for even a second." I looked at him. "How are the boys?" 

"Ismael is too well-behaved for his own good. Funnily enough, he is exactly like how Ahad used to be at that age. It was only as Ahad grew older that he ended up as the 'bad boy' of the family." 

"I can never imagine Ahad as well-behaved."

"I can't anymore either." He laughed lightly. 

As we got into the car and he drove out onto the Ring Road, I spoke. "You didn't have to come." 

"I chose to." He replied. "I asked Jazzy for the flight details because if I knew that she would definitely know them, but she couldn't come herself. So, here I am." 

"Thank you." I stared out of the window.

"Stop being so formal, yaar. I know that things became...messy, because of Sadia, but we are still best friends." 

"I have no issues as long as there's no repeat of the previous incidents." I said, very quietly. I remembered how Sadia Bhabi had yelled at my seven-months-old Hania, how she'd been awful to my wife and my daughter in general, how she'd dragged mine and Mina's private romantic life out in front of everyone in our families, when we'd been forced to stay at the Sheikh family home.

"I will make sure it's not repeated." Arhaan told me with a nod, before quickly glancing at me. "I wish the circumstances were different, but I'm glad that you're here." 

"I was going to come anyway." I shrugged. "But, it's good to be back home. You know me. I'm a Lahori at heart." 

****

Jasmina came out at the gate, as she must have heard the car. With a dupatta draped around her head, she was using her phone's torch light, possibly because there was load shedding going on.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Arhaan told me, giving me another hug. "I'll drive you to the cemetery if you want."

"I would appreciate that." I nodded. "Thanks, Bhai." 

He got into the car and drove off, and I took my luggage and headed down the narrow alleyway towards Jasmina.

"Assalam Alaikum." She whispered, throwing her arms around me.

"Walaikum Assalam." I engulfed her in a tight hug, feeling relieved to finally be holding her in my arms. I kissed the top of her head. 

"I'm so sorry about Dadi." She tilted her head back and looked up at me. "I know how awful you must be feeling." 

"I'm just glad that you and Hania got to meet her at least. My representatives." 

"Is it the wrong time to tell you how much I missed you?" She asked.

I answered her question with a deep kiss. Putting my hands on her waist I pressed my mouth against her in a long-awaited kiss. Maybe it was the wrong time, but it didn't feel like it. I'd really missed her. Jasmina was a very important part of my life, the most important, and I felt incomplete without her...and Hania, of course.

She gasped slightly as I kissed her with an intensity that caused her to stumble a little, but I held onto her to steady her. Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck and as she pulled herself closer towards me, I focused on her belly. I pulled away and we both panted slightly, and I put my hands over her stomach, cupping it lovingly. "And how's this cutie?"

"How do you know our baby's cute?" She asked, quietly.

"Because it's our baby. Of course it'll be cute." I kissed her forehead. "Now come on, I need to meet my other baby." I took her hand in mine, and grabbed my luggage with the other and we stepped through the gate. 

I was immediately overwhelmed by sadness. I hadn't even been to Dadi's room, but just thinking that she wasn't upstairs was devastating. 

A memory made me stop in my tracks.

****

It was a rare time, when my parents, Fari and I were staying the night at Dadi's house. My parents and Fari had arrived earlier, and I was meant to go there straight from my college.

Eighteen-years-old, I slammed the front gate open, a happy grin on my face.

"Fawad...?" Ammi came out in the hallway, startled. "What's going...?" 

"Assalam Alaikum!" I dashed upstairs without waiting for a reply. 

"Stop running up the stairs!" Ammi yelled after me. 

"Don't worry. If I get a head injury, my father's a neurologist!" I teased Ammi, as I continued upstairs. I rushed into Dadi's room, where she and Papa were sitting, having tea. "Assalam Alaikum!" 

"Walaikum Assalam!" They both replied.

"What happened? Ma Sha Allah! Why is my boy looking so excited?"  Dadi asked, smiling.

"I got into the best university in London for my medical education!" I told her. "They accepted me, unconditionally! That means, that I'm in, regardless of my end of year grades this year!" 

"Ma Sha Allah!" Dadi actually got tears in her eyes. "May Allah give you success, and may He help you achieve all your dreams. Ameen." She kissed my forehead.

"Ma Sha Allah, Fawad!" Papa looked proud. "But, you should have brought mithai for everyone, beta!"

"No." Dadi shook her head. "In honour of my beloved Fawad's success, I am going to make halwa myself, for everyone!" 

"Ammi..." Papa shook his head. "It's not your age to slave away in the kitchen!"

"Oh, hush, Ali! I will do everything for my loved ones, but especially Fawad." Dadi put a hand on my cheek again. "May Allah give you a long life, and true happiness, meri jaan. Ameen."

"Just pray that I successfully become a doctor, Dadi. I've worked really hard so far, and I will continue to do so, In Sha Allah." 

"In Sha Allah, you'll be rewarded for your hard work, you'll see. You're a good boy, with a heart of gold. Ma Sha Allah. Allah will always help and support you, I have faith." 

****

It turned out that my Dadi's duas had been answered. I had achieved my dream career, Alhumdulillah, and I had a beautiful family that I would happily give my life for. 

I just wished that I'd seen her one last time.

Sensing my mood, Jasmina wrapped an arm around my waist, resting her head against my chest, wordlessly.

"Akhri dafa main unka moun nahin dekh saka. Aur mujhe is baat ka hamesha pachtawa rahe ga." I whispered.

*"I couldn't see her face for the last time. And I will regret that forever."

"Yeh Allah ki marzi thi, Fawad. Dukh zaroor hota hai, laikin Allah ki marzi kabool karni parthi hai. Aur jab yehi marzi thi, tho regret karne ka koi faida nahin." She replied.

*"This was Allah's will, Fawad. It definitely hurts, but we have to accept His decision. And since this is His decision, then there's no point of regrets."

I nodded, before kissing her forehead. "Aap kab se itni samajhdar ho gayi hain, meri jaan?" 

*"When did you get so wise?"

"Paidashi samjhdar hoon." She smiled weakly. "Our thoda sa aap se sikha hai."

*"I was born wise." (Please no hate for Mina here lol. She's just joking! I remember her FOL behaviour very well!).
"And I learnt a little from you."

"Thoda sa?" I teased her back.

*"A little?"

The sound of Hania crying made us both rush inside. She must have been terrified, finding herself in the darkness alone. 

"Hania, shhh!" Mina soothingly told her, standing by the bed. "Look who's here, meri jaan." 

In the phone light I saw Hania sitting up in bed, crying and rubbing her eyes. She looked in my direction, and I smiled as her eyes widened. "Papa!" 

 "Let me just wash my hands first." I said, heading into the bathroom as Hania started crying again.

"It's okay, baby. He's coming." Mina comforted her. 

When I returned into the room, Hania launched herself at me, like a mini rocket. I laughed, hugging her tightly. "I'm happy to see you, meri jaan." 

Her small body wrapped itself around me, arms around my neck and legs around my torso. She buried her small face against my neck, repeatedly muttering, 'Hani Papa'.

Mina watched us, smiling. "You guys are precious, Ma Sha Allah." 

I know that we had just gone through some tragedy, but being together with your loving family is a good way to begin the healing process. 

Alhumdulillah for Mina and Hania, and the unborn member of our family.

****

A little tragic chapter, but it was important to show the bond of family and friendship.

Zafar is turning out to be an amazing husband and father figure, right?

Thoughts on Zafar and Ahad friendship?

Thoughts on Zafar and Fariha?

Will Arhaan and Fawad fix their friendship?

Thoughts and comments on the chapter?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

160K 11.5K 72
Book #5 in the 'For Our Love' series. **NOT A STAND ALONE BOOK** Noor Ahad Sheikh wants to live life to the fullest. Abandoning a medical career, she...
69.9K 2.5K 53
[A SEQUEL OF ENTANGLED LOVE] I will suggest you, read Entangled Love before this book. For her, his happiness is the most crucial thing in the world;...
366K 16.3K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
132K 3.3K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind