Love Island

By KayKayWriting

Welcome to Love Island! The reality TV show where a dozen lonely 20-something singles sign up to be filmed on... More

Chapter 1 - Meet the Islanders
Chapter 2 - The Secret Game
Chapter 3 - First Dates
Chapter 4 - Partners in Crime
Chapter 5 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 6 - The First Recoupling
Chapter 7 - Movie Night
Chapter 8 - Compatibility
Chapter 9 - This is Not the End
Chapter 10 - The Art of Crying in the Rain
Chapter 11 - Dinner for Two
Chapter 12 - New Islanders
Chapter 13 - Briefly Embarrassed
Chapter 14 - Falling Out
Chapter 15 - What a Time to be Alone
Chapter 16 - Waves and Water Bottles
Chapter 17 - Shady Beaches
Chapter 18 - Sea Turtle Sanctuary
Chapter 19 - The Second Recoupling
Chapter 20 - Two New Boys
Chapter 21 - Peach's Dilemma
Chapter 22 - Everything Must Change
Chapter 23 - A Brief Briefing
Chapter 24 - Twitter and Bitter
Chapter 25 - All's Fair
Chapter 26 - Say Goodbye
Chapter 27 - America's Choice
Chapter 28 - Green with Envy
Chapter 29 - Panic! at the Villa
Chapter 30 - The Starry Night
Chapter 31 - Pied Off
Chapter 32 - The Fourth Recoupling
Chapter 33 - Casa Amor
Chapter 34 - Raunchy Race
Chapter 35 - I Know What You Did
Chapter 36 - Should I Stay
Chapter 37 - Or Should I Go
Chapter 38 - Never Have I Ever
Chapter 39 - In Hot Water
Chapter 40 - License to Swill
Chapter 41 - Chin Up, Princess
Chapter 42 - Prince Eric and Moana
Chapter 43 - You've Got A Friend In Me
Chapter 44 - Four is a Crowd
Chapter 46 - The Fight
Chapter 47 - Talent Show
Chapter 48 - The Final Couples
Chapter 49 - The First Official Couple
Chapter 50 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 51 - Love and Lies
Chapter 52 - Final Four
Chapter 53 - Meet the Babies
Chapter 54 - Spa Day
Chapter 55 - Totem Poll
Chapter 56 - The Aftermath
Chapter 57 - Meet the Parents
Chapter 58 - The Final Dates
Chapter 59 - Let Them Eat Cake
Chapter 60 - The Last Dumping
Chapter 61 - Finale Part 1
Chapter 62 - Finale Part 2

Chapter 45 - Heart Rate Challenge

2.6K 40 24
By KayKayWriting

The next morning, everyone seemed to wake up in a bad mood. The villa was less talkative than usual, with the guys mumbling and the girls silently getting ready for the day. All of us had gathered in the kitchen for breakfast, piling various versions of cooked eggs and toast on our plates. Peach's fork dropped out of her hand and clattered obnoxiously against the tile. She groaned in frustration as she leaned down to pick it up.

"Come on," Charlie whispered to me, leading me out of the villa to eat our breakfast in the garden. We took our seats in the shade of the loungers and placed our plates on the coffee table. "Not to sound like Blake, but the vibes are way off today."

"What's going on? Is it because of the dumping last night?" I asked and spooned scrambled eggs into my mouth. "I'm gonna miss them too, but there's something up, right?"

"Maybe someone got a text that everyone knows about but us," Charlie suggested and looked up as Peyton stepped out into the daylight, both hands holding her plate. "Peyton, come join us!"

Peyton smiled gratefully as she walked over and placed her plate down on the coffee table. "Thanks, guys. I could really use some friends today." She adjusted her mic pack before she sat down.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Peyton poked at her grapes with no intention of eating them. "I can't believe I'm saying this. I miss Blake."

I recovered from my speechlessness less than smoothly. "It makes sense, though. You guys were coupled for a long time."

She nodded without looking up. "I guess I never got over him, huh?" Mason's laugh echoed from inside the villa, and she perked up. "But I have Mason now."

"How's that going?" Charlie asked.

"It's going well. Sometimes I feel myself accidentally comparing him to Blake. The way he dresses or talks. But he's so different from him! They live completely different lives," Peyton said. Her eyes were a window to her regret. She let out a heavy exhale and ran a hand through her silky blonde hair. "Man... looks like we both got hurt by him," Peyton joked and elbowed me in the side.

I let out a small laugh. "Wish I could've warned you better."

"You did, though. All y'all warned me pretty early on, multiple times. I just thought it would be different with me..." she trailed off and continued to gaze down at her plate.

"Don't beat yourself up because you couldn't tame a guy who loves being feral," I said.

"What a metaphor," Charlie shook his head.

"I'm trying!" I defended myself. "Don't put yourself down about it, Peyton. All of us were rooting for you guys. We thought Blake had really changed."

Peyton gave me a small, grateful smile and patted me on the knee. "Thanks, Mads. Thank you, Charlie. I don't wanna be rude, but I also don't wanna be a buzzkill, so I'm gonna eat my sadness somewhere else."

"You can stay here, Peyton. Sadness is my favorite appetizer!" Charlie said.

"That's alright, I don't share food," Peyton smiled between the two of us and walked across the villa to eat her breakfast.

"Poor Peyton," I sighed and placed my empty plate on the coffee table. "Not to be mean, but sometimes I just wanna smack Blake around, just a little bit." I mimed slapping a phantom face several times before Charlie reached out and placed a hand on my arm.

"I love your enthusiasm; it's just a little scary," he joked and released me.

I dropped my arms to my sides and patted the tops of my thighs. "Alright, alright. Have you gotten to talk to Lucas at all?"

"A little bit last night, but nothing major," Charlie commented.

I leaned forward with my chin resting in my hand. "Well?"

"I've never seen the little guy so happy," he grinned. "Seriously. He's like a goddamn glowstick."

"Aw." I scooted over closer to him. "And how are you feeling?"

He saw me cast my bait but refused to bite. "I'm fine, a bit chilly."

"Charlie..."

"I'm feeling fantastic, of course. I've got the diamond of the villa by my side." He leaned over and planted a soft kiss on my cheek that he left for several seconds until I giggled shyly and pulled away.

"Goofball!" I yelled and grabbed my plate. "All done?" I held my hand out to take his plate.

"Yeah, I'll follow you in." Charlie grabbed his dishes and followed me inside the villa and into the kitchen. A group sat in silence around the kitchen table: Julie, Gray, Peach, Connor, and Anthony. "How are you guys doing today?"

"Good," Connor answered dryly. Peach and Gray glanced at each other from opposite corners of the table.

I placed my plate in the sink and gave it a quick rinse. "It's super quiet today. Are you guys okay?"

Peach squinted at me in confusion. "You guys didn't hear it?"

Charlie and I exchanged a brief look. "Hear what?" he asked.

Anthony placed his fork down on his plate with a soft clink. "There was this damn bird outside that wouldn't shut up. It sounded like it was right outside the doors, just screaming all night."

"That's awful," I frowned and looked over at Charlie. "I guess we're both heavy sleepers?"

"I guess we are," he confirmed.

"Then I pray neither of y'all has a house fire at night. You'd sleep right through the alarm," Anthony shook his head and rubbed sleep dust from his eyes. "I think Lucas tried to make it stop at one point... I don't really remember."

"No, you're right," Gray confirmed. "I distinctly remember Lucas saying 'I've got this!' and then he stepped outside and immediately got shat on." Peach laughed a quiet giggle that ended in a snort.

"Oh, that's right. He had to go take a shower," Julie nodded, then laid her head in her hands. "Can we declare this a nap day?"

"I second that motion," Connor smiled over at her warmly.

Mason jogged down the stairs and looked around our gloomy table. "You guys okay?"

"You slept through it, too?" Peach sneered.

Mason dipped his hands into his pockets. "Slept through what?"

-

Our challenge took place much later that day after the sun had set and the tiki torches were ablaze. The text came through to Julie's phone, who announced it proudly.

"Text!" She yelled and pranced around the garden. "I've got a text!"

"Well, read it then," Gray smiled as she approached.

"Islanders- who has got your heart beating? Tonight you'll be competing in the Heart Rate Challenge. The girls will be going first. #StrutYourStuff #WindAndGrind."

The girls, already familiar with the game, rushed up the stairs to put on their outfits. The boys, however, shuffled awkwardly around the grass, unsure of what was happening. I stayed behind to help them out.

"Basically, we're gonna take turns giving lap dances to each other while we're wearing heart monitors. It's supposed to reveal who gets your heartbeat going the fastest, that sort of thing," I explained. After our discussion, the boys immediately perked up.

"Can't wait." Charlie kissed my cheek before I departed to catch up with the girls, leaving the boys in the garden.

I stepped into the girls' dressing room to find chaos breaking out. Bottles and hair ties flew through the air, and hair tools were on high power.

"Maddie!" Peach waved me over. "Get dressed!"

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. I walked over to my vanity, where the outfit had been laid out for me. "Woah." I lifted the feathered wings and lingerie set off the chair.

"Oh, that's gorgeous," Peyton commented from my right.

"Looks like they're making up for the princess party," Peach joked as I held up the clothes to my body.

Julie popped up from behind her vanity. "What, you didn't like your outfit?"

"I did. I just felt like I stuck out, with all you guys wearing these beautiful gowns and tiaras... it didn't feel as special," I explained. I stepped into the bathroom to change and returned in white lace lingerie and the wings strapped on my back.

Polly gasped from her spot at the vanity. "You're a Victoria's Secret angel!" she grinned up at me.

Julie giggled from behind her vanity and stepped out in a pink latex one-piece with black wings strapped behind her. "Guess I'm your devil." She winked at me and took a seat in front of her mirror to apply red lipstick.

I crossed the room to my vanity and slid on the matching heels; the strap that crossed the top of my foot was fuzzy to match my wings. In front of my mirror, I fluffed my hair and applied a highlighter to my cheekbones.

Once everyone was ready, we were instructed to walk downstairs and out the side door to the outdoor hallway to make our grand entrances. We formed a single line, with Peach pushing me backward.

"Maddie's gonna be our showstopper," Peach explained as she planted me dead-last in the line. I was okay with this arrangement; I needed the time to instill myself with faux confidence.

The music started, something straight out of a Magic Mike soundtrack.

Playboy bunny Polly stepped into the boys' sight to immediate verbal praise. Several of the girls peeked out as she approached slowly and with her chin held exaggeratedly high. Fishnet tights were tucked into a pink bodysuit with a fluffy white cottontail on her posterior. As she got close to the boys, she jumped and spun around, then began running in place, making the little cottontail shake directly in front of Lucas. I had to cover my mouth to keep from giggling as she straddled his lap and rubbed their noses together, then made an innuendo about taking a bite from a carrot. With her routine complete, she strutted back toward us, receiving an array of applause. Polly disappeared inside the villa and emerged on the balcony to watch the show unobstructed.

Policewoman Peach stepped onto the grass next in an extremely tight blue shirt that was unzipped to exaggerate her cleavage. Her shorts were tiny and definitely not adequate protection for her line of work, but she stomped up to the boys in chunky boots with confidence. She slowly removed her sunglasses from her face and stroke a body-snatching pose as she tucked the accessory between her breasts. She began twirling in front of all the boys, crawling across their laps and running her hands through their hair, then stopping at Gray. She pulled a pair of plastic handcuffs from her pocket and clipped his hands behind his head before performing a sensual lap dance that none of the boys could take their eyes off of, and I couldn't blame them. I couldn't either. Peach pressed a small button to release the cuffs and sauntered back, hips swinging side to side in her best model walk yet. The only person who didn't look pleased with her routine was Connor.

Giselle opted to go next in her schoolgirl uniform. Thigh-high socks, a tiny plaid skirt, and a white button-up shirt accented every possible angle of her body. Her hair was tied up in two pigtails and accessorized with red silk bows. She swung her hips around Lucas, placing one foot on the bench beside him and teasing him before approaching Anthony. She leaned down and grabbed his hands and brought them to her shirt. He took the hint instantly and ripped open her top, sending buttons flying every which way and exposing Giselle's lacy black bra underneath. "Are you gonna give me detention?" Giselle asked, continuing to twirl gracefully in front of him.

"If one of my students came in like this, I'd be calling their parents," Anthony leaned back, suddenly unamused. The schoolgirl fantasy was not for him.

Nurse Peyton adjusted the crimson bows on her stockings and stepped out. Perfectly costumed for her occupation, she walked toward the boys in a tight white dress with red medical symbols patched onto the sleeves. A belt wrapped around the middle of the dress, accentuating her small waist. She smiled and began dancing around the boys, choosing no one, in particular, to grind against. She eventually orbited over to Mason and straddled his lap, playing with his hair and giving the other boys a fantastic view of her body. Anthony could hardly help himself; he reached out a hand and pulled Peyton over to him. He gently grabbed the fake stethoscope around her neck and eased her toward him, pulling her in for a kiss. At the last second, she stood up and playfully pushed his head backward.

Julie grabbed her pitchfork and fluffed her hair backward. She adjusted the devil horns on her head and strutted out as Peyton left the firepit, passing her on the way. A hot pink tail swung behind her. She approached each of the boys, beginning with Charlie. She desperately tried to get him to interact but he let his hands go limp and fall to his sides after every attempt. Finally, she gave up and straddled Lucas, nibbling at his neck until she moved on. She stopped at Gray and rubbed up against him, which was more than any of us wanted to see. She continued making her way around the group until each boy was a mixture of uncomfortable and sweaty.

"Come on, Julie!" Peach yelled from the upstairs balcony.

"I'm trying to win, Peach!" Julie yelled back. She twirled and exited, leaving me to be the last girl to go.

I took a deep breath and fluffed out all my hair as "Thank U, Next" by Ariana Grande began playing through the speakers. Suddenly, all the confidence I needed to get through the next minute of my life came coursing through my veins as unmatched adrenaline. I relaxed my shoulders and stepped out into the garden wearing the white lingerie set and fluffy wings. The balcony behind me came alive with cheers and supportive screams. The boys, however, were speechless.

I approached the firepit and walked the perimeter of the bench, giving every boy a glimpse of the treasure they couldn't have. I approached Charlie and had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. His breath had quickened to a rate that noticeably expanded his chest with each inhale. His eyes were locked on me, pleading with his eyes since his voice had been stolen. I finally obliged and straddled his hips, grabbing his jaw and pulling him in for a passionate kiss. One hand grabbed the back of my head and the other wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer until any space between our torsos had vanished.

I broke the kiss and began leaving a sloppy trail to his ear, nibbling the lobe. His head tilted back and that was when I made my exit, playfully pushing his chest backward and standing to my feet.

"Any chance you can keep that outfit?" Charlie asked, looking nearly out of breath.

I laughed and spun around, making my way upstairs to join the girls at the balcony. They cheered as I made my entrance and gave me plenty of high-fives and encouragement. But the music hadn't stopped playing. I looked around and counted each girl on the balcony, making sure we hadn't forgotten anyone. But all the girls were accounted for. Still, my song continued to blare over the loudspeakers.

And a new girl stepped out.

Her black corset wrapped around an unbelievably large chest. Fishnet stockings tucked into black combat boots, and her purple skirt was mesmerizing to watch. The brunette newcomer approached our boys in her witch costume, twirling her arms gracefully as she cast a spell on each of our guys. They clapped as she entered and began her routine, dominating the space and filling the air with electricity.

"Oh my god," Polly whispered, watching this girl grind on Anthony.

"She's gorgeous," Giselle added.

None of us could take our eyes off of her. The music finally ended and she went around to each of the boys, greeting them with friendly hugs and introducing herself. The boys left to go get dressed for their turn in the challenge and the new girl spun around to observe the balcony full of girls.

"Come on down!" Her smile was warm and infectious, even from dozens of meters away. We quickly obeyed in a rushing wave of perfume and excitement. We ran through the villa doors and swarmed around the new Islander. "It's so great to meet you guys!" she let out a soft laugh.

We took our seats on the bench behind the firepit, turning our bodies to face our newcomer. As we chatted, producers came around and handed Fitbits to put on each of our wrists to track our heartbeat.

"I'm Sara," she smiled sweetly. She smelled like cinnamon candy. Her medium-length brown hair had been curled perfectly away from her face, and her eyes were impossibly green.

"Where are you from?" Giselle asked, adjusting her skirt to cover the sides of her thighs.

"South Portland, Maine," Sara said.

"I've been there!" Peach grinned and sat up straight. "It is absolutely beautiful."

"Right? I entertain at a local jazz club."

"You sing?!" Polly asked with a multitude of enthusiasm.

Sara laughed at her excitement. "I do, yeah. It's 1920's themed, so I perform in a trio with two other girls who work there. We're called the Smooth Suffragettes." She smiled to herself.

"Okay, that's pretty good," Peyton laughed.

The music slowly increased in volume and we took our positions on the bench, waiting in anticipation for the boys to start the show.

Connor stepped out dressed as an ill-prepared firefighter. Where his protective coat should be was replaced only by thin suspenders keeping his yellow pants up, putting his abs on full display. He began hip-thrusting toward the group, stopping in front of me until I giggled and hid my face in my hands. He stopped at Peyton, giving her a small show of his butt before finally landing on Peach. Literally, he sat bridal-style on her lap and licked up her neck. She grimaced and let out a soft, muffled scream as he continued his routine.

"Anyone have a cat needing rescuing?" He asked, grinding his hips toward Giselle.

"Oh, no. Pick another analogy!" Giselle giggled into her hands.

"Okay! Anyone have a fire that needs putting out?" Connor jumped up on the edge of the firepit and continued his dance.

"We might if you get any closer to the pit!" Peach said through a laugh.

Anthony was next, sporting a sexy pirate costume suited with an eyepatch and a hook for a right hand. He walked toward us and did a twirl. His torso had definitely been slathered in baby oil before his performance, but none of the girls seemed to mind. He wasted no time in approaching Peyton, wrapping the hook expertly around the back of her neck and pulling her close to him, brushing his lips gently against hers before giving her the dance of the century. The eyepatch gave him an edge of mystery that had previously been missing. He left the girls wanting more as his song came to an end and he disappeared inside the villa. Much like the girls, the guys who finished dancing reappeared on the balcony to view their competitors.

Gray took a much more high-speed approach with his entrance, literally jumping into view and striking a pose in a Superman costume. He strutted closer to us, his eyes locked on Peach. In mid-stride, his hands found the center of his shirt and he ripped it open, exposing a bare torso. He approached the bench with a smooth stride and held out his hand to Peach. She accepted, placing her hand in his as Gray pulled her off of the bench and carefully laid her down on the pavement. He then planked over her and began doing push-ups, giving her lips little pecks with every rep.

"Get up, Superman!" Connor yelled over the music from the balcony.

"Yeah, Gray. Get up." Julie was less than amused that her couple hadn't chosen her.

Gray rolled his eyes and jumped up, helped Peach to her feet, and gave the rest of the bench a close-up look of his muscles before walking off.

Sailor Mason stepped out in flowy white pants and dark blue cuff links. He strolled up to Peyton with a sharp smirk. "Ready to rock the boat?" he asked, grabbing her hands and slowly sliding them down his torso, then tossing them away as they reached his hips. He leaned down and pushed her knees apart and began dancing between them, miming several gestures too crass to put into words. After an uncomfortable amount of time of watching Peyton get grinded on, he lifted his anchor and departed the firepit.

Lucas slowly strolled out onto the lawn, his cowboy hat dipped down to cover his face as he gripped his belt loops in his thumbs. The spurs on his boots chirped with every step as he made his way closer to the bench, then pulled a lasso from his belt. With the slipknot already drawn, he swung the rope around his head and tossed it toward the bench. It crumbled quickly and fell on Polly's lap.

"Could you... Could you lasso yourself?" Lucas asked awkwardly.

Polly giggled and lifted the rope off her lap. "Of course." She slid the rope over her head and let it settle around her waist. Lucas grinned and pulled it tighter, then gently pulled Polly toward him until they were nose-to-nose. He gave her the makeout session of her dreams before freeing her of the trap. Polly cheered as he did a few dance moves around her, then ended his turn.

Last, but not least, Charlie walked into the villa with the swagger of a pilot. His hands were tucked into the pockets of his black pants, and his torso was bare apart from a blue tie clipped around his neck. He had accessorized with a pilot's hat and aviator sunglasses. He strutted forward and began hip-thrusting to the music. I giggled and hid my face in my hands. When I peeked out between my fingers, he was standing in front of me. He leaned down and I grabbed the pilot's cap off his head and placed it on my own. A devilish grin spread across his lips. He pulled me off the bench and gestured for me to lay down on the ground. Still in my angel costume, which barely counted as clothes, I watched him toss his sunglasses to the side, dove smoothly, and landed above me. He then proceeded to mime grinding on me, which made me laugh shyly. Eventually, his music began to dwindle and he helped me back to the bench, kissing me on the cheek as he made his departure.

The girls and I looked around at each other, waiting for a text to come through on one of our phones since the music had died. Instead, "Woman" by Harry Styles trickled in through the speakers. My hand covered my mouth in shock.

"If our new Islander is Harry Styles, I'm gonna pee my pants," Polly whispered.

Peyton looked down at Polly's hips. "You're not wearing pants."

A man with a buff chest and a jawline like a Greek god stepped out of the villa. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a few girls squirm and straighten their postures. "Hey, ladies," the man greeted us just low enough that only we could hear. "I'm Joshua. But you can call me anytime." He winked at no one in particular and began an aggressive routine that involved walking through the firepit. Peach, Peyton, and I immediately gasped in protest but he came out perfectly fine and continued dancing in front of Giselle and Polly. I cast a stray glance toward the balcony and saw several bodies getting pushed with increasing violence.

A fight was breaking out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 120 62
If you enjoy books that warm your heart to the point of kicking your feet, then your search ends here! Imagine suddenly being forced into a wild real...
625 18 27
24 teenagers are stranded on an island to compete in a competition. They will fight against each other until one is left standing. Friendships will b...
60.8K 2.1K 51
What would you do if you were throw into a house with 20 something strangers and told that one of these strangers is your perfect love match? Better...
564 57 39
Isla Jackson is your all-American girl - or at least she used to be. In her sophomore year of high school, she falls in love with a boy who has a dar...