Receiving

By thewiseone12

Riley Daniels isn't your normal girl but no one remember the normal girls that blend into the background. For... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 21

1.7K 41 7
By thewiseone12

Riley's POV

Kelsey is the first person I saw on Wednesday. I had kind of forgotten that I hadn't seen her since my speech last week.

"The lying bitch is back," she snapped.

"I'm not lying and you know that," I smirk.

"The school loves me. All you have done is made yourself more of a bitch. You aren't good enough for anyone," she laughed.

I couldn't say anything. That comment hit home, hard.

"You are a bitch, whore and slut. No one likes and you should just disappear and no one would care," she laughs.

"Kelsey, I'm sick and tired of playing your game. You are messing with my life and I'm not okay with that."

"And what are you are you going to do about it?"

"I can't do anything about it but I'm done with it."

"You are just upset that I won," Kelsey laughed.

"Won what? Luke? News flash, I don't care," I snapped and walked away.

About five minutes into my first class I got called into the principal's office. I can't say I wasn't expecting it. Sophie gave me a small smile and I grabbed my stuff before walking out because I am unsure as to how long I am going to be there. The secretary ushered my into the principal's office. I shut the door behind me before sitting opposite him.

"It has come to my attention that your attitude needs addressing after your speech last week. After your speech last week I am rather annoyed with your accusation," Mr Myers said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We can deal with that later. I finally have a reason that you have to believe me about Kelsey," I smirked.

"Kelsey is a model student," he said.

"That makes four that agree. You, her and her clone best friends,"

"What do have for me?"

I pulled my phone out and played the audio from this morning and played what Kelsey said to me.

"And since you have a no bullying policy which you constantly remind me," I said.

I was in her a lot in freshman year through to junior year. Not yet this year though. I was often fighting with Kelsey and it doesn't a genius to figure out that no one believed me.

"And how do I know that this isn't fake?" Mr Myers asked.

"Kelsey Thompson has made my last three and a half year hell and I almost committed suicide. I'm pretty fucking sure that I'm not making this up," I snapped.

"Miss Daniels, I'm going to call your parents about your attitude," he snapped back.

"You can but my Father is Aaron Wright and I don't think that he will too happy to know that you aren't punishing the girl that is making his darling little girl's life horrible," I lied looking up at the picture of Aaron Wright playing baseball sitting on his desk.

"Why haven't you said before?"

"Does it look like I am the type of girl to get other people to solve my problem?"

"You still have a detention for your attitude after school today"

"I'm busy after school today because I have to talk to some people and I have training after school on Thursday and stuff on Friday but Monday will work,"

"You don't get to choose," he gasped.

"And I'm not going unless Kelsey has already been punished and gets at least 2 weeks of detentions plus two Saturday detentions,"

"Why should I agree?"

"Do you want Mr Wright involved?" I asked and stood up.

"I wasn't done with you?" he thundered.

"I was finished with you so unless you want to fuck off I shall be leaving as I don't with you anymore," I laughed and skipped out.

He shouted something but I couldn't hear what it was. Probably about my language but I didn't turn around.

Sophie was waiting for me when I got back and was begging for details.

"So you lied to the principal's face?" she asked when I finished

"Yeah, you should have seen his face. He was really embarrassed," I laughed.

"You should know that Brent is listening to us," Sophie said.

"I don't care," I said as the bell rang.

We headed to our usually lunch table and I sat down between Peyton and Sophie.

"When do you think the letters from Juilliard come?" Peyton asked.

"They said about a week," Sophie told him.

"They did?" he asked.

"You weren't listening?" Sophie teased hitting him playfully.

I took the opportunity to get up and head over to the football team's table.

The table was loud but when they noticed me they shut up. I felt all their gazes on me.

"What do you want?" Thomas snapped.

"I need to talk to Brent," I said.

Brent stood up along with Thomas.

"Alone," I said firmly and walked away.

Brent ran after me and I stopped outside and sat on one of the benches.

"What do you want?" he snapped rudely.

"I know you are angry," I started.

"Angry, you lied to me and I thought we were friends and I thought we were closer than that," he snapped.

"Brent, I have a reason but you have to trust me,"

"I have to trust you?"

"Please, I can't ask anyone else this and it is really important. You have to stop being angry for a minute and do it,"

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Can you gather the whole football team apart from Luke and Thomas and meet in room 25 after school?"

"Sure, but why?"

"I owe you guys an apology" I said standing up and walking away.

The rest of the dancers glanced up at me as I sat back down.

"Where have you been?" Sean asked.

"Talking," I said vaguely.

Sean wanted to ask more but I silenced him with a glare.

I was in the first one in there. I sat down in a chair after pushing the desks to the side and arranging the chairs in a semicircle with me at the head, no one around me.

Brent was the first one in with Austin and Harry. They all sat at the rounded end, opposite me. No one said anything and more people trickled in. I glanced around and saw that everyone was here. I had to start now and I'm not sure if I am able to do it.

"I owe all of you guys an apology and to explain why I did what I did. It's a long story and you guys have to respect me and not look like I am a lost puppy afterwards," I said.

They all nodded.

"Luke used to have a twin brother. We met at some group when we were really young. Our parents got along and we found that we lived a few houses apart. His name was Toby. If you found him you would find me. Luke and Thomas think that I wanted to be a receiver because Thomas is a quarterback and Luke is a safety but it's not. Toby always wanted to be a kicker so he would kick and I would catch," I started.

"Up until I was eight I was really girly. My Mother would dress me up in pinks. I took dance, learnt to play the piano and whatever else my Mother wanted. I grew up getting told that all boys had their Father's last name and girls had their Mother's last name. When I was about eight I realised that that isn't true," I said.

"Father was really blunt when I asked. He told me that he never wanted a girl to damage his name and so he made sure that I had my Mother's last name. I screamed at him in rage and that is when he started to beat me and scar me. When he did that I realised that they don't care about me so I just stopped."

"Toby always stood by me. He gave me this necklace. Father wouldn't let me play football so he would train with me and he gave me the football charm. I got it engraved with the 'T' later. He was the only person that knew I got raped. It was my sister Natalie's boyfriend. She wouldn't have sex so he tied me to the bed and raped me. I only told Toby and he respected that I didn't want to talk about it."

"We had Luke and Toby's 14th birthday party at our place. I was late out because I was looking for the necklace the year before I couldn't find it. When I came out my parents were arguing in the kitchen. I always saw my parents arguing but then Toby came in and tried to stop it. My father hit him with his baseball bat and toby fell backwards and hit his head on the corner of the bench and died instantly."

"No one knew that I had seen it. I put on a fake smile and pretended that I was ok but I had lost by best friend. My sister Natalie was a big role model for me. She was really popular and happy. She was a dancer and she often taught be moves and that why I started to dance. She was four years older so when I was fourteen when she was eighteen and ready to leave."

"Father didn't want her to leave but she refused. He hit pushed her into the corner of the bench and she died immediately. Again I saw but Father never noticed. I started going to a dance studio just to dance, not to compete just dance. I went to Nationals the next year as Natalie won the year before. I won under Riley Daniels."

"When I was sixteen my father hit with his baseball bat and it shattered my kneecap. I had to get a plate in my knee. My Father made me come home after two days and I could barely walk. Mother tried to defend my. He got his bat out and hit her in the chest, crushing her chest, killing her. I was sick of him think he could rule everyone." I said.

"I took him to court. I won because I had the medical results. Father told everyone that she committed suicide but there is no way she could have hit herself in the chest with enough power to kill herself. He ended up with 28 years because I didn't have proof for the other two murders. Thomas wouldn't talk to me for six weeks because he was a daddy's boy."

"Luke started to live with us since we were about 14 after his party. He started arguing with his parents about Toby's death so he just stayed with us. Ryan, Toby and Natalie all parts of the story but you are the first people to know the whole thing," I said.

I stood up and ran out past everyone and out the door. Luke was standing shell-shocked in the doorway but I barely noticed.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Who guessed that? I have had the written for a while.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 5.9K 45
School’s finally out and Elijah wanted nothing more than for his band to play gigs at his father’s new Bar, and to continue to obsess over his school...
42.9K 2.1K 59
'Why does everything keep reminding me of the past? I don't want a repeat and I certainly don't want to be reminded. It hurts too much. One more thin...
42.8K 1K 36
"What're you doing? You can't play Riley!" He yelled at me from the sidelines looking at my ankle, that was clearly broken. "Watch me!" I yelled bac...
94.2K 3.8K 45
#3 - not a cliché Kathanya has always dreamed of becoming a professional dancer, to cheer on the sideline in front of a full stadium coming to suppo...