When Opposites Attract: A Fre...

By Hufflepuffsnow30

Emerald Snow is a Hufflepuff student who is attending Hogwarts. Coming to hogwarts, she thought she'd get the... More

Intro/Description
Added Characters
2: After Taste
3: Potions
4: De-tension
5: In Denial
6: Redemption
7: RISE and shine
8: Clueless
9: Morning Closet
10: Caught Up
11: Takes Two To Tango
12: Sour
13: Games
14: Sweet
15: A Different Perspective
*Commercial Break*
16: Sunday Shower
17: Familiar Faces
18: Gabriella
19: A Moment
20: Back & Forth
21: Jealousy
22: Toxic
23: First Date
24: Terror and Fear
25: Deep
26: Healed Friendships
27: Feelings
28: Explanations or Excuses
29: Misunderstanding
30: The Robe
31: Three Words
32: Memories
33: Never Leaving
34: First Sight
35: Life of the Party
36: Better Player
37: Fixed
38: Questions
39: Torn Between Two
40: Enchanted
41: Intoxicated
42: Aftermath
43: The Burrow
44: Fullness of Time
45: Splash
46: Waterfall & Weasleys
47: Finally Gone
48: No Touching Rule
Author's Note
49: Unforgettable
50: Gifts
51: New Years Eve
52: Beginning
53: Lost
54: Unexpected
55: Setting Up
56: Parchment and Chain
57: Always
EPILOGUE
Letter from Author
A/N & More

1: The Tradition

16.4K 266 344
By Hufflepuffsnow30

Today seemed to have me already drained as I woke up listening to birds chirp outside as the breeze creeped in over me through my window while I sat up. My head started spinning because all of last nights celebration of school and new Hufflepuff house members.

I laid back down on my bed putting a pillow on my head before a slight knock occurred on the door, I heard but ignored knowing exactly who it is coming to my dorm this early.

"I'm tired of knocking. I'm coming in now you whore! so if you got shagged and he is still in -"
"RO JUST COME IN GEEZ" I said cutting her off before she even thinks about finishing her sentence. Once she came in, I took the pillow that was on top of my head and threw it at her. "Well good morning to you too. Get your arse up sleeping beauty we got breakfast and the first day of classes" my sweet bestfriend Rosetta said. "Charming" i replied.

Rosetta Blue is my bestfriend, has been since our first year. We met eachother on the train and became really close, we easily bonded and went crazy over the fact that we share the same birthday. During the Sorting Ceremony, she got sorted in Ravenclaw before I went up. We were hoping we'd be in the same house but I got sorted into hufflepuff, which was no big deal. That obviously still didn't stop both of us from being besties. Ro is actually muggle born, lives in the muggle world as well but occasionally I would visit her as she did with me too during the summer.

"Merlin..what time is it? Uh my head is pounding" I said while sitting up.
"It's only 7am, here drink this. Sober you up." she said while tossing me a mini vile filled with liquid.
"Always know what to do. Thanks Ro I love ya!" I said while the liquid slid down my throat.
I felt better in seconds and got up my bed to the Loo to prep myself up, glad I didn't have to share a room. Not too many Hufflepuffs, let alone any girl members.

"Okay Em it's been nearly forty minutes! Are you even-" once again Ro was cut off, but because she noticed how much I changed over summer. Thanks to quidditch and volleyball. "Em you look dashing darling" Ro said while I was spinning in circles giving her a full view also giving her a thank you.

We had head out after I got dressed and head to the common room. "Morning Snow, Blue." A tall, handsome, brown haired boy with a deep yet raspy tone spoke. It was Grey Diggory, Cedric Diggory's cousin. Merlin that family was just gorgeous.
"Morning Diggory, Where's ced?" I asked him.
"He's head out early to breakfast, Shall we?" Grey replied.

I couldn't help but notice how awfully Quiet my loud bestfriend was, knowing how she has a mouth. I turned to look at her and she turned to look towards me too, she mouthed the words "I'd still let him shag". I gave her a slight flick on shoulder telling her to hush but we both giggled.

As we were walking to the great hall, Grey was in front of us as if he was leading the way while we walked behind him and talked.

"So, I can't wait to see our choices for breakfast" Ro said winking at me.
"Um..yeah me too I guess. Well I'm craving bacon." I replied to her, not catching her drift.

"You're daft" she said while I still gave her a confused look. "Oh my...I'm talking about our tradition!" She yelled, making it that everyone near us could probably hear.

"What are you two going on about?" Grey asked while facing us, walking backwards.

"We have This tradition where each year during our first breakfast, one of us gets to pick a lucky mate to do what the given dare is." I explained to him.

"Well said! And last year.. this priss dared me to sit on Draco Malfoys lap for 10 seconds and I absolutely hate the git!"
"Well that isn't too bad-" Grey said.

"HE GOT HARD. That dirty little bastard." Ro said and me and Grey chuckled.

"This year its my turn and its our last so I plan on going all out" Ro said while looking at me. "You might be laughing now Em, but just wait for what I have in store for you Missy" She said before she started to skip in the halls. She had that devious look on her face, usually that meant she had a plan. A damn good one at that. I swallowed nervously just even thinking about what I probably have to do.

We finally reached the great hall and saw Cedric sitting with Cho at the hufflepuff table.
"Morning Ced, Cho" us three said, greeting them and sitting down.

A few minutes had passed after Me, Cedric, and Grey discussed about quidditch and what the matches would be like since us three play. I'm a chaser, Ced is the seeker and Grey is the keeper.

"Blue ... what are you giddy about?" Cho asked Rosetta while she ate her food. She looked up at me and gave me that "you ready?" Look.
"I'm glad you asked Cho" she replied with a huge smirk forming on her face.
"I'm pretty sure you two are familiar with mine and Rosetta's 'tradition'" I said to cho and Ced. They both nodded and rolled their eyes since they knew exactly what it was.

"Ah yes, lovely gryffindor boys. Dont you just love them Em?" Ro said while two tall ginger boys had walked and sat at their house table. Twins matter of fact, one is okay but the other is absolutely barbaric.

"You can't be serious..." I told her with a deep tone.
"Oh but I'm being more serious than Sirius black" she said while keeping her contact on the twins.

Let's just say, my history with the twins is horrible. Well with one of them. Yes, you've guessed right...Fred Weasley. My older brother Ash and the twins older brother Percy are close friends, i would even spend some time at the burrow with them just so Ash could hang with Percy. Ash hated me there but I hated it too, our parents wanted us to stick together. The twins had made my 3rd to the end of 5th year a living hell. Pranking me from left to right, giving me sweets as an "apology" whole time the sweets were jokes and tampered. George was the only sweet one who actually talked to me, he was cool but his brother here didn't care one bit and that's what made me hate him and his stupid pranks since he was the one behind most of them.

I tried my best to make sure they never got to me, especially Fred. He might've got under my skin many times but I wasn't going to admit it. Seeing as if I was to give in the fact that I was mad, he'd see it as him winning a house cup or something. But, Fred hated me as well. I always found a way to get back at him, whether it was when I put slugs in his quidditch gear and uniform making him squirm on the field. Or even the time I charmed his drink to make his hair purple. It was purple for a week and every time students would see him, they would chuckle. Especially me.

"No no no no.. nooo! I already know who you're thinking of. NO." I whisper shouted to Ro as I already knew on who she was planning on picking.

"Oh, hush up I haven't even said what you have to do." Ro said. "Besides you know I hate malfoy Em." She then added.
"But...This is different...You hate malfoy because he's -malfoy. Someone else Ro PLEASE!! I'll even give 20 galleons. You know I hate him" I told her while making a serious face.

"Eh eh eh, no buts. I still put up with it so you will too. Plus he was hard and I was uncomfortable, As much as I love galleons..this is even better." She said with a grin on her face.
"Who on bloody earth are you two babbling about?" Grey asked. Cho and Ced joined as well asking and wondering.

"Well I just finished my meal so I might as well share." Rosetta said while chewing the last piece of her toast.

"Our friend Snow here will have to walk up to Fred Weasley.. tilt his chin up... as if she's going in for kiss."

"Oh you bitch...I'm gonna be sick." I blurted out.
"I'm not finished misssy. You don't kiss him, instead you have to lick his Adam's apple."

Ro finished. Grey, Cho, and Ced sat there with widened eyes as they heard the dare. I sat still in disgust. But I knew - It had to be done. We pinky promised our first year that we wouldn't back down no matter what.

So, I cleaned myself with a napkin as I finished breakfast and started flipping off Rosetta with my middle finger while standing up. "Uh what happened to 'thanks Ro! I love ya!' earlier?"

"Whatever. What has to be done...will be done" I said as I nervously swallowed.

————-

Short asf sorry. Anyways it's 5 am so I'm Lazy to read it over and over again so if you notice any mistakes, no you didn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.6K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
54.4K 1.3K 151
Hazel Taylor is in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Things with Voldemort are escalating, and Umbridge is not helping anything. She's just trying to s...
93.2K 2.5K 50
"Sorry!" I apologized "No worries!" the ginger boy said, "What are you doing down here in the dungeon?" he asked "I was looking for my class! It is s...
1.9K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...