Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 5 Part 10

621 14 4
By aLogan11

(Your POV)

You looked down at Ruby one last time, rubbing your thumb across her cheek, as she leaned into it, her beautiful face pleading.

You wanted to try and help, you wanted to try and save her...

But.

With that you leaned down, pulling Ruby into you, and you heard Ruby gasp slightly. Your lips met each other, in a gentle kiss, embracing each other.

It lasted only a few moments, but perhaps, with no knowledge of your past, it was the best moment of your life.

The two of you separated, as you rested your forehead against Ruby's own, the two of you looking into each other's eyes.

(Y/N): Of course Rubes. I'll live in the now, with you.

You couldn't help but smile at the delighted expression that lit up her face. You leaned in once again, meeting her lips, yet again, as her mouth parted.

After a while you had ended up with Ruby sitting in front of you, leaning her head against your chest as you looked at the sun.

Ruby: No more secrets?

(Y/N): None at all, Rubes...

You looked down to see Ruby looking up at you, smiling. You leaned down, giving her a quick peck as she nestled into your chest, and you wrapped your arms around her.

You sat there together with her, contempt to just exist in the same place...

In the same time.

Eventually you felt Ruby move, and you looked down to look at her, and her up at you.

Ruby: What do you think happened to the relic at Beacon Academy?

You thought about it, gazing out at the sun, but the answer was pretty apparent to you.

(Y/N): I don't know, up until this point I haven't been very concerned with the relics, more about the future. 

You looked back to Ruby who raised an eyebrow at you, and you laughed.

(Y/N): I've been thinking about you Rubes, trying to save us.

The word felt weird on your tongue, but perhaps not a bad thing. Ruby smiled at this, and gestured to get up. You opened your arms as Ruby stood up, stretching her arms out as you looked up at her.

Ruby: I'm going to ask Ozpin about the relic. Want to come with me?

You looked from Ruby to the sun, and then back at her.

(Y/N): I'll stay a little longer. See you soon?

Ruby: Of course.

With that Ruby walked off, and you sighed, looking at the sight in front of you, wondering what your past may have been like if you could remember it.

(3rd Person POV)

Oscar, who was currently letting Ozpin take over, and Qrow were sitting together. Qrow took a sip from his cup.

Qrow: Things aren't looking good, Oz.

Ozpin: Ever the optimist.

Ozpin now sipped from his cup. 

Ozpin: While I would not say our current predicament is... ideal, I think we can both agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force.

Qrow: Oz, pro Huntsmen like that don't just bite it all at once. Salem's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about Humanity?

Ozpin: That there are indeed a misguided few who have filled their hearts with malice. It doesn't take a great number of people to cause harm, but I still believe there are far more people in this world willing to prevent it.

As Ozpin was about to take another sip, Ruby was heard walking into the room.

Ruby: Um, excuse me?

Ozpin: Ah, Miss Rose, join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discuss our next steps.

Ruby: Oh, uh, great.

Qrow: Something on your mind kiddo?

Ruby: Uh... uh, it's... if it's okay to ask.

Qrow: Of course.

Ruby: Well, uh... we've been talking about the Relic at Haven... and the Spring Maiden, but... what about the Fall Maiden?

Ozpin: Cinder?

Ruby: Does that mean... Salem has the Beacon Relic?

Ozpin and Qrow shared a brief look with each other.

Ozpin: Very astute, Miss Rose, I was wondering who would be the first to ask. No, thankfully she does not. It's true that the Relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus. Let's just say I made finding the Relic at Beacon a... bit more challenging than at the other schools.

Ruby: Oh.

Ruby sighed in relief.

Ozpin: That's good to hear.

Ozpin: It is, but let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us.

Ruby nodded.

Ozpin: Now is there anything else we can help you with?

Ruby: Oh, uh... well, I did have one more question.

Ozpin: No, my cane is not a Relic.

Ruby: I have no more questions.

They all giggled.

Ozpin: Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that - precious to me. While I admit it still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students?

Suddenly, Qrow's scroll was heard vibrating. He took it out from his pocket to see "LEO LIONHEART" calling. He took the call.

Qrow: Yeah...? Okay... yeah, we'll be there.

Qrow then hung up.

Ruby: Who was it?

Qrow sighed while taking out his flask.

Qrow: It was Leo, says he had a breakthrough with the council. Thinks he might be able to get together a small raiding party for the bandits. He wants us to meet up at the school tomorrow night to walk us through it.

Ruby gasped and smiled at the thought.

Ruby: Really? Oh that's great! I'll go get the others.

Ruby ran at first to get the others, but quickly turned and ran outside, while Qrow took a drink from his flask.

Ozpin: Mmm, that sounds drastically different from your original conversation, does it not?

Qrow: It does.

Ozpin: Interesting...

Qrow: Things aren't looking good, Oz.

Ozpin: I know...

At Leonardo Lionheart's office, the Haven headmaster sat at his desk in front of a blue holographic screen with the text "CALL END" before deactivating. 

Raven Branwen stood a few feet away from him, arms crossed and smiling.

Raven: I still have questions for you.

Lionheart: You're not alone in that.

Raven walked in front of his desk.

Raven: You know, I never expected you would be the one to have the guts to betray Oz. Which makes me wonder, what does she have on you?

Lionheart: I'm helping her for the same reason you are - I'm afraid. We... we can't stop her... no one can...

Raven: That's why I tried to leave when I did. I'm not afraid, I'm smart.

Lionheart: You can call it whatever you want, it doesn't really matter. We're here... helping her. 

He buried his face in his hands, sighing at the fact, thinking of what he had done.

Lionheart: I've crossed a line... I've done things that Ozpin will never forgive, and he shouldn't! I don't know where I go from here.

Raven placed her hands on his desk.

Raven: Man up! You did what you had to do to survive, there is no shame in that.

Lionheart: Who are you trying to convince?

Raven did not say anything, she just left the room while Lionheart sadly leaned back, sighing.

Renata: She's trying to convince herself that she is smart, capable.

Renata stepped out from the shadows, smiling at Lionheart, sitting across from him.

Lionheart: What else could I have done?

Renata: You could have chosen death. You could have been brave in your final moments.

Lionheart: But I would've died.

Renata: That's what death is. You serve Salem until she is done with you.

Lionheart: How do I continue to make myself useful?

Renata: You don't. You're already dead. When your part is done...

She leaned over the desk, closer and closer to Lionheart. 

Renata: Edel will climb back from the dead to take revenge on you...

In Menagerie, the assault on the Belladonna Family Home continued. In the darkened tea room, Kali and a guard fired back at unseen assailants. 

Kali ran out of ammo in her pistol and threw it to the ground in annoyance. She then picked up a tea tray to block another shot. She looked to a wounded female guard leaning against a pillar, who just stared back.

Kali: Do you have a better idea?

Suddenly, Yuma flew in and knocked down the other guard to the ground. He wrapped his hands around the guard's throat to choke him out.

Yuma: Quiet now...

Kali then lifted the tea tray above her head, and yelled a loud battle cry as she ran toward Yuma.

Female Guard: Ma'am, no!

Yuma let go of the guard's neck as he looked back in surprise as Kali approached him. The sound of a thunk was heard.

Elsewhere, Blake and Ilia stared at each other from their positions, both holding their weapons.

Blake: Did you come in here to hide?

Ilia: I told you, I didn't want this.

Blake: But you're still here!

Ilia: I don't have a choice!

Blake: Of course you do!

Ilia didn't say anything, she just looked away.

Blake: Just... stay out of my way.

Blake put Gambol Shroud on her back and started walking away. Suddenly, Ilia leapt and charged at Blake but her form disappeared. 

Blake then reappeared a few feet away behind Ilia. Blake held Gambol Shroud in a defensive stance, while Ilia began to attack with the whip form of Lightning Lash. Blake dodged and rolled.

She ran along the desks and chairs in the room as Ilia tried to use her whip to hit her. Blake managed to dodge and block Ilia's attacks, and used her ribbon to wrap around Ilia's wrist. 

Ilia was pulled toward Blake, followed up with the latter kicking the chameleon Faunus to the ground. The two then locked blades with each other.

Blake: Why do you feel like we have to hurt people to get our way?

Ilia grunted as she struggled.

Ilia: Because it works!

Blake: That doesn't make it right!

Ilia pulled the trigger on her weapon, generating an electrical charge that caused Blake to drop her katana a few feet away from her. Blake pulled out her cleaver, but Ilia jumped from the desk and did a turn kick that knocked Blake over another desk, causing her to drop her weapon. 

Ilia whipped at Blake again, but she used her Semblance to get out of the way. Blake took cover behind a desk.

Ilia: Stop lecturing me!

Blake peeked from behind the desk and noticed Ilia's Grimm mask left behind on the ground. Ilia quietly turned the lights off in the room, causing it to go dark. 

Blake quickly went to pick up her katana while Ilia snuck around the room camouflaged. Blake heard a creak on the floor, Ilia quickly knocked her back. Blake used the pistol form of her weapon to shoot at Ilia, who quickly evaded the shots.

Ilia: Why couldn't you just leave?

Blake then transformed her pistol to its katana form.

Blake: Because I run away too much.

Blake dodged a couple more whips from Ilia who has moved up to the balcony. As she took cover behind the desks, Blake took out two cartridges - one with fire Dust and the other with ice. She loaded the fire Dust cartridge in her weapon and aimed at the shrubbery at the top corner of the room.

Blake: Sorry, dad.

Blake fired her weapon and the spreading flames started to light up the room, revealing Ilia's location. With camouflage not an option anymore, Ilia engaged Blake in combat. 

The two started off with a mixture of sword clashes and hand-to-hand. Blake dodged out of the way of one of Ilia's attacks and started shooting at her with the pistol form of her weapon. Ilia deflected the shots with her whip.

Ilia: Quit taking potshots and fight me like you mean it!

Blake dodged another one of Ilia's whips and landed on the balcony above her. She took cover behind the railing as Ilia ranted at her.

Ilia: You used to see things the way I did! The way Adam did! If no one's going to do anything to stop the humans that attack us, then the only choice we have left... is to attack back!

Blake loaded another cartridge in her pistol and began to fire at Ilia again. Ilia deflected the shots, but when she went to use her whip again, her weapon was frozen in place. 

Suddenly, a ribbon was wrapped around her weapon as Blake pulled it away and she leapt from the balcony to kick Ilia to the ground. Blake held Ilia down.

Blake: You're wrong, there's always another choice.

Ilia struggled to get up as Blake continued to hold her down.

Blake: Ilia... please. You're a good person but you're making all the wrong decisions!

Ilia: SHUT UP!

Blake: Is this really what your parents would've wanted?

Ilia's voice broke as she spoke now.

Ilia: I don't know what else to do!

Suddenly, Ilia ceased her struggling and her eyes started to well up, as she sobbed.

Ilia: I don't know what else to do...

As Ilia continued sobbing, Blake heard a rumble. Corsac was thrown through the wall, dropping his half of Cyclone and Inferno. Ghira jumped into the room as he growled at Corsac. He then noticed his daughter pinning Ilia to the ground.

Ghira: Blake!

Suddenly, Fennec stabbed Ghira in the back, who cried out in pain and slumped toward the ground.

Blake: Dad!

With Blake distracted, Ilia got her off of her and kicked her into a nearby chair, knocking Blake out momentarily. Ghira then got Fennec off his back and tossed him away as Corsac ran to him. Ghira pulled the wand out of his back and clashed fists with Corsac. 

The two then struggled to push each other as their hands interlocked. Ilia just stared in disbelief at what was going on around her, before a voice snapped her out of her trance.

Fennec: Ilia! What are you doing? Fight!

Fennec pulled out another wand and charged at Ghira. The chieftain managed to push off Corsac and dodged Fennec's swipes as he began to fight both of them at once. Fennec dodged a swing then leapt at Ghira as he drove Corsac back, only to be caught and tossed onto the floor. 

As Ghira defended himself Fennec recovered and began to charge his weapon while the pair continued exchanging blows. Fennec then charged in again, giving a loud battle cry. 

Ghira noticed him and grabbed his wrist, pointing his weapon as it fired at Corsac, who got blown back several feet away and was knocked unconscious.

Fennec: BROTHER!

Fennec tried to attack Ghira again, but Sun jumped in and kicked him away. Sun saw Blake struggling to get back up and clenched his fist. He then angrily glared at Ilia who continued to stand watching the fight.

Ghira: Go help Blake!

Sun: On it!

Sun pulled out Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang and engaged Ilia in combat. He slammed the staff down but missed, then jumped back to dodge her sweeping leg. Ilia back-flipped away from his next swing and tried to kick him. 

Sun turned to dodge then split his weapon, landing a blow on her back. He delivered a flurry of attacks with his shotgun nunchucks that overwhelmed Ilia and left her open to a kick in the side. Rejoining the split halves to block Lightning Lash, which finished thawing as they struggled. 

Ilia smiled before trying to shock him, only for the trigger to jam. Her eyes widened as she tried again while Sun shoved her back. She was then pushed against a pillar by Sun with a jab to the stomach. Before she could move he pinned her against it with his weapon. 

Nearby, Fennec ducked under Ghira's claws then blocked his left arm, only to be punched back through the hole by his other hand. 

As Ilia struggled to get out of Sun's hold, the pillar she was getting pushed against started to crack.

Blake: Stop!

Sun and Ilia stopped to look at Blake.

Blake: Please...

At this point, tears started streaming down her eyes.

Ilia managed to push Sun off her and fell to the ground as he hit the pillar. Suddenly the pillar started to crack even more, Sun moved out of the way quickly as the balcony above Ilia started to give way. 

Ilia yelped, looking up in terror as the balcony was about to fall on her. Suddenly, Ghira lifted the broken part of the balcony with his own strength. Ilia stared in awe.

Ghira: Go!

Ilia quickly got out of the way as Ghira was forced down on one knee to keep the balcony from falling on him. Sun used his semblance to summon two light clones that went and helped Ghira lift. Blake grabbed her katana and transformed it into kusarigama form. 

Unbeknownst to them, Fennec got back up and saw his brother still unconscious. He grabbed both of their wands and ran towards Ghira. Blake saw this and quickly tossed her weapon, wrapping it around her father's torso and pulled him out as Fennec landed just below the falling balcony. 

Fennec was then crushed by the balcony, and the dust in the wands exploded from impact, ensuring the younger Albain's death. 

Afterwards, Kali entered the room dragging an unconscious Yuma, who had his hands tied behind his back.

Blake: Mom!

Kali dropped Yuma as her daughter came up to hug her. Their embrace was cut short as a voice got their attention, speaking darkly.

Corsac: What have you done?

He stood back up.

Corsac: You ruined everything... 

He then inhaled deeply.

Corsac: EVERYTHING!

The Belladonnas and Sun took defensive stances. Corsac angrily ran forward, but suddenly, Lightning Lash wrapped around his body, electrocuting him and knocking him unconscious. 

With the battle over, Ilia started to cry and fell to her knees as she broke down, with the Belladonnas and Sun looking on.

Outside of the Belladonna's home, a large crowd of Faunus gathered outside, noticing the smoke coming from the building.

Guard: Back! Everyone, stay back! We've got people inside doing their best.

Faunus: Look!

From the smoky doorway, Ghira walked out carrying the motionless bodies of a White Fang soldier and a Menagerie Guard on each of his shoulders. He handed the bodies to two guards as Saber arrived.

Saber: Get in there! Search for any stragglers!

More guards walked out, keeping Corsac restrained, followed by Blake, Kali, Sun, Ilia and others, as Saber now spoke to Ghira.

Saber: We came as soon as we got the call.

He then noticed Corsac being forced to his knees.

Saber: And Fennec?

Ghira sadly shook his head. Saber walked over to Corsac, speaking snarkily to him.

Saber: Was it worth it?

Corsac looked down, defeated. As the commotion continued, Blake shared brief looks with Sun and Ilia. Blake took a deep sigh as she went down the steps. Ghira noticed his daughter walking away.

Ghira: Blake!

Before Ghira could go any further, his wife stopped him, and both looked on. Blake then stopped at one of the steps as she began to address the crowd.

Blake: Humans didn't do this.

She pointed back at the smoke coming from her house.

Blake: We did this: Faunus. We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us? By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message that Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem. And I can't give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away, I don't. But I know that this kind of violence is not the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk. But that's what's at stake. So I'm going, and I'll stand by myself if I have to.

Ilia: I'll stand with you!

Blake turned around with a surprised look on her face as Ilia stood up. She had a pained expression then looked down.

Ilia: If... if you'd have me.

Male Faunus: Isn't that the White Fang girl?

Female Faunus: I thought she hated the Belladonnas.

Despite some of the crowd's murmuring amongst themselves, Blake smiled at her old friend. As Ilia proceeded forward, Saber suddenly stopped her.

Saber: You're not going anywhere!

Blake: Let her come.

Saber: Huh? You're just going to forgive her? After everything she did?

Blake: I am.

Saber looked to Ghira, who nodded to let Ilia go. Ilia continued to walk down the steps to stand next to her friend.

Saber: What does she think she's doing?

Ghira was now smiling.

Ghira: She's learned a lesson that evaded me until I was much older: That there is strength in forgiveness.

Blake put a hand on Ilia's shoulder, sharing a smile together.

Mata: I'll go!

Mata, the ram Faunus, stepped forward and raised his hand, followed by many more.

Female Aquatic Faunus: I'll go too!

Faunus 1: I'll stand with you! 

Faunus 2: I'll go! 

Faunus 3: Yeah! 

Faunus 4: Me too! 

Faunus 5: Let's go! 

Faunus 6: Yeah, let's go!

As more Faunus started to give Blake their support, Sun walked down the steps to join her and Ilia. The crowd was heard cheering as a majority agreed to volunteer. They all smiled at the crowd.

Sun: Looks like we've got work to do.

Blake: Thank you.

Sun now pointed to Ilia.

Sun: You stabbed me.

Ilia looked down sorrowfully.

Ilia: I...

Sun then playfully pinched her arm.

Ilia: Ow!

Sun: There. Let's just call it even.

Ghira and Kali then walked down the steps to join their daughter and her friends.

Ghira: We have about two weeks before Adam's attack on Haven. We're going to need shields, training, whatever we can do to protect as many people as possible.

Kali: We'll need transportation too. For everyone.

Blake smiled to herself.

Blake: I think I know a ship captain who owes us a favor.

Sun grinned and nodded in agreement.

(Your POV)

Edel: I have other things to do.

You looked towards Edel, who was going to head out to... somewhere else he didn't say.

(Y/N): You just happen to leave when Lionheart says he got a break through?

Edel shrugged.

Edel: No, this is something I have to do. I've been planning it for a while, waiting for the right time.

(Y/N): Are you going back to... that place?

Edel: No, the damned, the demons of dark, will sooner die again then lay a hand on me. They are too frightened to show their true force.

(Y/N): Then what are your troubles?

Edel: Something that doesn't concern you.

With that Edel turned away, walking into the night, not seeming to teleport away, but merely contempt with walking to his destination.

You had apparently stood there for a long time, as you felt hands wrap around your waist, and you turned around in the grasp to look down at Ruby.

Ruby: We've got to go.

You nodded, hugging Ruby close to you, your... well false semblance going off.

(Y/N): Please be careful... for me.

Very short parts for you, but meaningful nonetheless. 

A short look into potential benefits and consequences of leaning in, choosing to be with her, rather than look to the future.

You march on to Lionheart, ready for whatever lies for you there.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth
869 6 7
(DISCONTINUED) What were those years you've spent in Remnant so far? What did drive you to pick up a guitar and make music? It was very easy for you...
8.5K 114 15
A boy bound by his hate for Huntsman and Grimm is offered an once in a lifetime opportunity to become a huntsman. Will he meet new people to call his...
97.4K 1.2K 11
You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in the space time continuum leaves god with n...