Saviours (Daryl Dixon)

By garbagebag360

Her name was thea wenneck. Once the dead start walking she uses this to an advantage and begins running. One... More

1. Promise
2.Closer
3.Wake up
4.Care?
5.A flame
6.The stash
7.Parting glass
8.They know!?
9.Ankle bitter
10. Death
11. Gone
12. Governor
13: Ghost
14. Car accident
15. New friends
16. Sickness
17. The end thats begun
18. Old friends new stories
19. Gabriel
20. Drugs
21. Dawn
22. Depression
23. Alexandria
24. New job
25. Long needed talk
26. Protection
27.Back to sisters
28. Goodbye old friend
29. New community
30. Insecure
31. Concussions and crossbows
32. Negan
33. Were on easy street
34. Home at last
35. The kingdom
36. The eve of war
37. Memories
38: Oceanside
39. A tease
40. Two new comers
41. The broken promise
42. Dwights loyalty
43. Gagging
45. New life
46: The motherload
47: Rings
48: Silence
49: The alpha
50: End of the line
Small scenes from Daryls side

44. Emotional muppet

166 0 0
By garbagebag360

Me and Daryl found our stuff next the wall in the main room.
Maggie declared it as our spot and we soon found ourselves going to sleep.
Daryl put a protective arm around me and pushes his back to the wall trying to get away from the group of strangers.

I feel his breath go slow and I push my self into his arms.
I begin to go to sleep as a arm grabs my ankle. I look down at the man and scowl at him moving my leg away.
He grabs my other one and I pull my legs up to Daryl's arms.

I start to relax again as he grabs my ankle again. I let out a small Yelp as I go to kick him off.
Daryl's entire weight shifts as he pulls his arm out from under my head and grabs the mans arm.
I sit up as Daryl glares at the man. They stare at each other for a couple seconds before Daryl throws a punch square in his nose.

"Daryl!" I whisper yell as rick shakes his head seeing the whole thing.
"I didn't see anything" rick mumbles walking up stairs.
"Lay a hand on her again and it'll be worse then a broken nose" he growls. After he silently gets up and pushes me against the wall, before laying on his side and putting my head on his elbow as his arm hangs loosely.

He gives me a soft look before giving me a kiss and letting me sleep in the safety in walls and his arms.

We wake up to screams.
Daryl jumps up and grabs a knife before going for the first Walker. I grab my machete and take out another as the group begin to kill the walkers.

Many of the people that don't fight ended up bitten and crying as they iver bleed out or except their fate.
I watch as rick cuts off a mans arm.
I help the new guy carry the armless guy to the infirmary before running back and watching Daryl kill the last walker.

"What the hell happened?!" He shouts.
"I don't know. Maybe walkers got in-" rick starts.
"Maybe during the fight" Morgan agrees.
"These are all our own people though" I say checking each face.
"I doubt a walker could get in and go a full day without someone seeing it" I add.
A small scream comes from upstairs and we all run up the stairs to see Carol killing a walker.

"Ya okay?" Daryl asks softly.
"Yeah. He wasn't bite though" Carol says pointing at the guy. They must have been friends.
"Negans bat. When I was out their with him, it was covered in walker blood. I thought maybe he crossed a few but maybe-" rick tells us.
"The arrows at the start. They make sense now" maggie agrees.

"The fever" the man in bed states.
"One o-of you are gonna have to do it. I c-Cant you have to do it" the man stutters as a woman holds his hand.
"I'm gonna go make sure theirs no walkers outside" I say leaving.

As soon as I'm out I watch the saviour prisoners trying to close the gate.
"Shit" I mumble running down to the gate.
I help them push it before realising their isn't enough of us.

"Someone needs to get back up now!" I shout as walkers come up from behind us.
"Someone go!" I shout again as a curly hair blond from earlier runs up the hill.
Daryl and rick appear next to me and we give it a finally shove, closing by the gate.

I sigh of relief echos though the group as the walker stay locked out.
So much for getting some sleep.

That night to spent cleaning up and making sure hilltop was clear of walkers.
I'm currently on my way over to the stables to see spice.
"Once a horse girl always a horse girl" Ashley repeats when she sees me.
"Came to see spice" I say.

"Just to see? Figured you'd wanna get in the saddle" she says and I nod.
"Fine, I do" I smile.
"He's over their. His saddles on the door, good luck" she says as I walk off.

I tacked him up and put on a jacket before jumping onto his back.
"Hello spice" I whisper patting his neck.
"Please don't throw me?" I ask tapping this side.

I lead him into the ring before kick him into trot. At first he's against it till he quits and we start trotting around the side.
"Good boy!" I shout as he slows back into a walk.

I pat his neck and take him out the ring.
"Ash! I'm gonna go around the wall" I tell her and she nods before going back to brushing a ginger horse.
The ride was peaceful, we wen past the grave yard and I nod to Jesus and Jerry as they dig the graves.

They nod back and we keep walking till we reach the place that Rose would have ran though.
I bring him to a halt as I stare over the box that hides the passage. A tear slips before I could catch it and I kick spice for him to move.
Once we made it around the house I watch Daryl talk to Terra.

Looks like she's not sick
We make it back and I watch Ashley's smile fade as she sees my face.
"What's wrong?" She asks softly.
"Nothing" I say jumping off spices saddle and putting it next to him.
"You sure?" She asks again and  I nod putting spices head collar on.
"Alright well call if you need anything" she says walking off as rick strolls past her.

"Hey Thea" he says as I notice the letter in his hand.
"Hey" I reply.
"This was off Carl. I didn't know when to give it to you" he says and I nod taking the letter.
"Thanks" I whisper and he nods.
"This is spice. I rode him the first day we came" I explain patting the horse.

"He's nice" rick say patting his mane.
"I'm sorry" I whisper.
"What for?" He asks.
"I promised Lori and you that I would protect him but-" I start.
"Dont. It isn't you fault, I should have been their too" he admits as I pull him into a hug.
He hugs back for a minute before I pull away and wipe my eyes.

"I should go do something" I say and he nods.
"So should I. I'll Cya later" he says walking towards the house.
I sigh and walk off in the opposite direction.

I watched Daryl leave with Terra about an hour ago. He didn't say goodbye so I'm hoping he's planning to make it home before night time.
I spent the next hour contemplating opening the letter.

It felt stuffy like something is hidden inside.
I ended up making my way to the loft onto of the horses and leaning against a stack of hay.
I pull open the letter and feel tears fall as I pull out the same red fabric I used to tie around out hands the day we met.

I place it on the hay before pulling out the letter and sitting down as I unfold it.

To Thea,
I remember when you said you weren't good at goodbyes, so I'm just gonna say mine.
I wanted to thank you for watching me over the years and being the big sister I never had. Truth is, I wouldn't be here without you.
I guess that's obvious, now that I look back to how we met. That day, I was weak and scared. You taught me to be strong and to stare danger in the face.
I won't ever forget that but now I must ask that you and Daryl show the same love and protection to Judith, so she can succeed where I failed, surviving.
None of this is your fault. I know when people disappear you take up their guilt. But it wasn't you or dad or negan. This was me, doing something right in this wrong world, I hope you understand this.
Goodbye Thea.

I pull my knees up to my chest as I weep. After a few minutes I feel sleep calling out to my body.
I put the letter away before slowly drifting off to sleep in the hay.

It's been a day since Daryl ran off and I read the letter. A full 24 hours.
I've been doing small jobs and helping the prisoners with the jobs they struggled with.

Gregory came back and gave us a map from dwight. I guess that's our next move.
I huff as I sit down Infront of a bench. This maybe the last sunset I see.
Tomorrow we move.

"Hey, what you thinking about?" Carol asks sitting next to me.
"This maybe our last day. I'm not quite sure if I'm scared or not" I say and she looks down.
"What do you mean?" She asks.
"I fear for the group and what will happen to the kids after. I fear for my friends and what they would think if I dropped" I explain looking at my hands.

"And what about you? Do you fear death?" She pushes.
"I think- I think at this point I'm at peace with death. I've spent so many years thinking about it but I've always had someone at my side dragging me back. The last few years it's been Daryl, before then it was the greenes" I explain rubbing my hands.

"You can't think like that. All the people that died live in your memories, if you go then them memories die" she says putting a hand on my shoulder.
"And all they ever be are memories. Carol, I don't know what to do. My mind is against everything. I just-" I cry putting my head in my hands.

"Shhh it's okay" she whispers pulling me into a hug.
"I'm just sick of losing people" I whisper.
"I know. But this will be over soon, I promise. And as soon as it is we will March back to Alexandria and rebuild our homes. We can go back to only worrying about the dead" she says pulling away.

"Okay" I whisper turning back to the sunset.
She sits next to me and watches it as we let some of our emotions out.
I watch as the gate opens and Daryl and Rosetta strode though. My heart misses a beat as doubt and sadness fills me along side relief.
"I'm gonna go to bed. Got a big day tomorrow" I tell Carol.

"Alright, night Thea" she says as I walk back to the hay loft.
I set a box on top of the trap door and fall back onto the hay.

God damn mood swings! Making me look weak infront of everyone!
I mentally scream at myself as I roll over and stare out the window as the last bit of colour drains from the sky.

I hear a knock on the loft door before someone try's to push it open.
"What?" I ask.
"Let me in" Daryl grumbles.
"Shh I'm trying to sleep" I mumble half asleep.
"Thea!" He shouts making me jump.
"Okay? I'm awake geez" I grumble getting up and moving the box.

He steps up and into the room before closing the door behind him.
"Why ain't ya in the house? It's warm up their" he asks putting his crossbow down.
"A guy tried to feel me while my boyfriend was their. I wasn't risking sleeping in their while my boyfriend wasn't their" I grumble.
"Ya could have ask Maggie ta move Ya" he says side stepping me.
"And then I would have to explain what happened" I say.
"So?" He asks turning around to me.
"Just- you wouldn't understand" I grumble before sneezing.

"Ya gave yourself a cold" he says and I nod.
"Thanks captain obvious"
"What is wrong with you?" He asks rudely.
"God, I'm not doing this tonight. Can we sleep? I'm tired" I ask and he shakes his head.
"Listen I've already had a brainwashingly weak breakdown with Carol, I don't need another one" I say rubbing my head.

"Thea" he growls.
"Please Daryl" I whisper as a tear falls.
He looks shocked for a minute before concerned then sad.
"I'm sorry" i whisper.
"For what?" He asks stepping close and putting a hand under my chin.
"For being weak. Your so strong but I'm-" I start.
"Don't finish that. Ya strong. Your just under a lot right now. We all are and it's expected for you to be more emotional now. Barely eating or sleeping, it's worrying me" he admits pulling me into his arms.

"I don't mean too" I whisper.
"I know. Last night was unexpected and the food is a problem we are fixing, when did you eat?" He asks and I mentally slap myself.
"This evening. After work" I lie and he nods.
"Good. Let's get some sleep" he says picking up his crossbow.

"Where you going?" I ask as he gives me a confused look.
"The house" he states and I nod slowly walking down behind him.

Once we got into the house we took up our normal corner.
He used his body to shield me from anything and everything that could come our way.
I humm softly as he falls asleep and I smile at his resting face.
"I love you" I whisper curling deeper into his arms.
"I love ya too" he responds to my surprise as I fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 51.1K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
13.2K 211 20
Amy Pond's best friend; Alice Cooke, has been told everything about the Doctor but has never met him. One day, Amy goes missing, desperate to find ou...
2.3M 120K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.3K 33 1
Lamia ? What is it ? 💕 No Rated. Not 18 plus. And, This fiction is not a ghost story. Just a creation depend on Latin Name. 💕 ⭐ Own Creation , O...