Love So Far

By StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... More

Second Chances
Forgiveness
Tragedy Brings Us Together
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Sleepover
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Emotions
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
Celebrations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
New Bonds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

Hani

5.3K 230 169
By StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fariha

I'm going to sound extremely biased right now, but Hania was the sweetest little girl in the world. She was shy, and the smallest of things frightened her. She was her Papa's Girl, and extremely attached to her Mama, and it was actually surprising how she had managed to come out here for this long without either of her parents present.

"What am I going to tell Bhai and Bhabi?" I freaked out, looking at Zafar. "Bhai sent his family over earlier to celebrate my son's birthday, and I lost his daughter?!"

"Relax." Zafar came into his policeman mode. "Stay with the boys, I'll have a look."

I was in tears as I stood by the table where my boys sat eating their ice cream. However, they clearly sensed that I was distressed, because they were both looking up, wide eyed. I watched Zafar walking around the shop, and my heartbeat began to decrease until I was sure that it was going to come to a complete stop. 

Finally, Zafar bent down to glance under a table and a relieved grin appeared on his face. He nodded at me to come over and I rushed over immediately.

"Allah! Hanu!" I bent down, putting a hand over my chest to calm my heart down.

Hania was crouching on the floor under the table, holding a fallen piece of brownie and staring up at us like she'd been caught doing something naughty. 

"Hanu, aapke Papa ne apki Phupho ko chodna nahin tha, meri jaan." I grabbed her hand and took the piece of brownie and placed it onto the table above. I didn't toss it aside as I've been raised to respect and value food. 

*"Hanu, your father wouldn't have spared your aunt, my life." 

Being a mother, I always kept kid-necessities in my bag, including hand wipes. I took one out before pulling her out from under the table and wiping her cute little hands clean. 

Hania stood there, watching me wipe her hands.

"Aise nahin darate Phupho ko, baby." I told her gently.

*"You shouldn't scare your Phupho like this, baby." 

I think she must have felt that she was being told off because tears filled her eyes and her lower lip began to tremble. "No, sweetheart. Don't cry."

"Mama." She muttered before she started sobbing.

"You want ice cream?" I can't believe I was trying to appease my almost two-years-old niece by bribing her with ice cream. "Come on, let's get you some chocolate ice cream." 

"I'll get it." Zafar told me. "Go and have a seat at the table with the boys." 

"Thanks, Zafar." I smiled up at him, before walking to where my sons sat, holding Hania in my arms. 

"Is Hania okay?" Omar asked worriedly as he watched her cry into my shoulder.

"She will be. Hopefully." 

When Zafar set the little container of chocolate ice cream on the table, Hania turned and looked at it curiously, before reaching out for it.

"You want some, baby?" I asked.

She nodded. 

I smiled and grabbed the little pink spoon and fed her the ice cream with it, which resulted in all traces of tears disappearing from the little girl's eyes.  "You really are Bhabi's daughter, aren't you?" I laughed.

****

Jasmina Fawad

The giggles of my normally shy daughter could be heard all over the house, Ma Sha Allah, as her Dada Jaan chased after her, pretending to be a lion. It was hilarious to see my father-in-law like that actually.

Ever since we'd returned from Fariha's house, Hania had been in a happy mood, which increased when she saw her Dada Jaan waiting to play with her.

We were in the Ali family home living room, and Ammi (my mother-in-law) and I were sitting on the sofas drinking fresh orange juice.

"Ali, be careful!" Ammi cried out as Hani stumbled.

"Have no fear, Doctor Dada is here!" Papa scooped my daughter up, lifting her up in the air, causing her to squeal happily. 

I'd gotten into the habit of referring to my in-laws as Ammi and Papa. They were my Fawad's parents after all. 

"She loves it when Fawad does that as well." I smiled.

"Fawad ki yaad aagayi hia ise dekh ke." Ammi suddenly looked tearfully. 

*"I miss Fawad, looking at her." 

"Un ka sochain, Ammi. Akele unhe manage karna hi nahin aata ab." I sighed.

*"Think of him, Ammi. He doesn't know how to manage alone anymore." 

"Husbands get too used to their wives, right Ali?" Ammi teased her husband.

"You wish. We're actually at peace when our wives are way." Papa sat down, clearly worn out. Hani began to whine in protest.

"Hani, no!" I told her off, gently. 

"It's okay, beta." Papa smiled. "She has a right to complain to her grandparents." 

"As long as Hania's here, you and Fawad will not say a word to her." Ammi told me, firmly.

Hania put her small hands over her Dada Jaan's eyes and giggled.

"Hania kahan gayi?" He asked, in a singsong tone.

*"Where has Hania gone?"

When Hani removed her hands, he grinned. "Yeh rahi Hania!"

*"Here's Hania!"

My daughter giggled so hard that she started coughing.

"Ali, kya kar rahe hain?" Ammi stood up, tensed, and reached for Hania's sippy cup that was filled with water. 

*"Ali, what are you doing?" 

Papa was rubbing my daughter's back soothingly, and Hania started to giggle again. Suddenly she pounced at his glasses.

"Allah! Hania!" I groaned, but my husband's parents just laughed. 

"Dado sadqay jaayain gi apni Hani pe." Ammi smiled.

*"Dado can sacrifice herself for her Hania." It's kind of hard to explain, to be honest.

"I wonder how she'll react to her sibling." My mother-in-law wondered out loud. 

"How did Fawad react?" I asked, curiously. "When Fariha was born, I mean?" 

"He tried to run away to Arhaan's house." Papa replied, and all of us adults laughed. "He couldn't stand her." 

"Our babies have grown up so much, Ali." Ammi said, nostalgically. "They're parents themselves now. How time flies!"

I rubbed my belly under my dupatta. It was true. It seemed like just yesterday when Fawad and I got married, and now our second child was on its way. Ma Sha Allah and Alhumdulillah.

But despite all this time passing by, we were still completely in love. Fawad could still sweep me off my feet with his romantic gestures and consideration towards my every need. And seeing him with Hania always made my heart melt. The father and daughter had a beautiful bond. I always pretended to be jealous, but it made me incredibly happy. He and Hania were the biggest blessings of my life, without any doubt. And now our unborn baby as well.

"Jasmina, why don't you both get ready?" Ammi said, suddenly. "We have to go to dinner at your parents' place." 

I tensed up. I know that it sounds weird. Why was I so tensed about visiting my own parents' house? Well, the easy answer was: family politics. The hard answer was: I couldn't stand Sadia Bhabi, Arhaan Bhai's wife. And with my increased impatience and difficulty in controlling my temper due to my pregnancy hormones, I was worried that something major was going to happen. Fortunately, my parents-in-law would be present.

As much as I loved my brother, I felt sick at the thought of seeing her. 

Ya Allah, I actually feel sick!

I got up and rushed out of the room to throw up again. Jet lag had not been kind to me. I had been sick so much that Ammi had taken me to the hospital to have me checked up, but the doctor reassured me that everything was okay. It was actually Dr Khan, my gynaecologist from when I was pregnant with Hania.

Ammi came after me concerned. "I'll get Hania ready. You just take care of yourself. Unless, you want to skip the dinner?" 

"No, we'll go." I turned to face her. "I've already set Hania's dress out on the bed, if that's okay, Ammi." 

She nodded. "Okay, no problem." 

****

"Assalam Alaikum!" My mother cried out happily, her gaze on Hania, who stood beside me and Fatima Ammi. 

Hania wore a black sleeveless dress with pink polka dots and a pink ribbon around her waist, with a bow over her stomach. Over it she wore a black sweater for protection against the chilly weather. Underneath, she wore white leggings and adorable pink shoes.

My daughter was the first child of the only son of the Ali family, and the first child of the only daughter of the Sheikh family, so she was naturally the apple of everyone's eyes.

My parents didn't seem to want to let her go as they hugged and kissed her. When my Ammi set her down, Hania shyly clutched onto my leg, hiding underneath my dupatta.

"So cute!" Zoya Bhabi gushed. "Ma Sha Allah!" She held out a teddy bear that was more than half of Hania's size. It was yellow with a red bow around its neck. "Here you go, Hani Jaani." 

"Come here!" Ahad Bhai suddenly lifted Hania up and kissed her cheek. "My favourite little niece." 

"She's your only niece." Zoya Bhabi pointed out.

"Therefore, I'm right." 

Hania burst into tears, startled by Bhai's sudden actions, and also by all these people that she didn't recognise. "Mama!" She reached out for me, her little face already wet with fat drops of tears. 

"Hania, I'm your Mamu. Don't be like that!" Ahad Bhai kissed her cheek again.

"Ahad, she's distressed. Let her go to Jasmina." My mother told him.

The moment Hania came into my arms, she buried her face against my neck, while wrapping her small arms around it. She was sniffling, but became to calm down as she realised that she was with one of her two most trusted people.

"Babies and toddlers take time to get used to new people." Fatima Ammi explained to Bhai. "Don't take it personally. She almost cried herself sick the night she and Jasmina arrived here, and she saw me and Ali."

We'd arrived the night before Omar's birthday, and the only way Hania had calmed down was when I'd video called Fawad. Seeing him had instantly made her smile and she actually leaned forward to kiss my phone screen. She often kissed me on the cheek as well, but with Fawad, it was a daily thing. She loved kissing her Papa's stubble-covered cheeks. The amount of love this little love of my life had for the first love of my life always made me tearful.

"It's okay. One day, I'll be her favourite." Ahad Bhai grinned, reaching out to ruffle Hania's hair.

"Ahad, stop!" My Ammi warned him. "Don't make the poor baby cry again!"

"Where are Arhaan Bhai, Bhabi and the boys?" I asked.

Arhaan Bhai and Sadia Bhabi's first son, Ismael, was only a week older than Hania, whereas their second child was born last year, Ibrahim. 

"Arhaan was called in for an emergency." My Ammi explained. "And Sadia has been staying with her parents for the last two days." 

"Well, why are we all standing around in the foyer?" My Papa suddenly asked. "Let's head inside." 

****

As we all ate, Hania sat nearby in the playpen set up for Ismael, playing with her new teddy bear. Naturally, my mother had made me feed Hania before everyone else, so the little madam was happily playing with a full tummy.

"Fariha and Zafar couldn't come?" My mother asked Fatima Ammi.

"Zafar had work as well, and it was school night for the boys, so Fariha apologised." My mother-in-law explained.

We were having chicken biryani, aloo-tikki, kebab, lamb koftay and Naan. Additionally, Zoya Bhabi had prepared Russian salad.

The mood was light and relaxed, and everyone was having a good time.

My phone started ringing on the table beside my plate. I glanced down at the caller ID and instantly smiled. Jaan.

"Sorry, I have to take this." I stood up, excusing myself.

"Of course you do." Ahad Bhai grinned, causing me to blush. 

I walked over to where Hania was playing and sat down on the sofa close to her as I answered the phone. "Assalam Alaikum, jaan. Did you somehow know that we were having a delicious Lahori dinner without you?" 

"Walaikum Assalam." Fawad's deep, warm voice came through and I realised how much I missed him. "You told me about the dinner, Mina. Remember? You were practically laughing at me for missing it."

I grinned, even though he couldn't see me. It was true. I had been gloating that we'd all be together, while he was there alone, while on the inside I'd just wanted to cry because I missed him so much.

"Anyway, that's not why I was calling you." 

"What's up?" I smiled at Hani, who was hugging the teddy from behind while saying something in her baby language. 

He cleared his throat. "How do you make that spicy chick pea curry? I really feel like having that tonight. Just send me the recipe, please." 

Again, I got tears in my eyes. If I had been there, I would have happily made it for him. I knew how much he loved that dish. "Didn't you have work today?" 

"Yeah, I just got back an hour ago." 

"Fawad, you should rest. Order out. I promise, if you want, the day you get here, I'll make some for you here." 

"Oh, Mina. I really feel like having it now. Don't worry, just send me the recipe." 

I remembered every single one of my unreasonable pregnancy cravings that he'd provided for me. And now that he really wanted something, I couldn't refuse. "Fine, it'll take a few minutes, but I'll send it to you." 

Hania's bear suddenly landed near my feet, startling me, and I looked up to see her reaching out for me. "Mama!"

"Your daughter wants attention." I stood up and walked over. Bending down a little, I lifted her up and out of the playpen, before setting her down on the ground again.

"Let me speak to her." 

"Okay, I'll put it on speaker." I did so and held it up in front of Hania. "Hani, speak to Papa."

"Hani, Papa ki jaan." His voice was even softer, if that was possible.

"Papa!" Hania squealed just hearing his voice. "Hani. Papa."

"I know, meri jaan, Papa misses you too." He sighed. "Only a few more days until I see the two of you, In Sha Allah." 

"Papa!" Hani began to speak to him in her own language, and he pretended to understand and had a 'conversation' with her, which made me smile.

"Mama ko de do ab, baby." He finally said.

*"Put Mama on the line." 

I turned off the speaker and continued speaking to my husband. "I'll send you the recipe in a minute. How are you anyway, jaan?"

"Alhumdulillah. The house is too quiet, but I'm okay." He paused. "How are you? The jet lag any better?"

"No, I threw up some more." I sighed. "But it's normal, apparently. My pregnancy is causing me to adjust a little slower apparently." 

"Take care, okay? And don't hesitate to ask Ammi if you need anything."

"I won't. Anyway, I should go. It doesn't look good for me to chat too long while at dinner at my parents'. I'll call you once we're back home, and I'll just send you the recipe now."

"Okay, thanks, Mina. I love you. Allah Hafiz."

"I love you, too. Allah Hafiz." I felt sad as we ended the call, but I quickly typed up the recipe before sending it too him. I looked up at Hani, who was playing with the teddy again. "It's so hard being away from him, Hani." 

****

That night, I lay in bed with my daughter, reading her a poem from her nursery rhyme book.

"Does Hania have a little lamb?" I asked, tickling her tummy.

"No!" She giggled, shaking her head.

"Hania is my little lamb!" I smiled.

"Hani." She blinked up at me, looking so adorable that I leaned down to kiss her cheek hard.

Suddenly, I felt some movement in my stomach, and realised that my other baby seemed to want attention as well. I pressed my hand against my belly, caressing it lovingly. 

Hania sat up and began to bounce on the pillow, giggling.

"Shh!" I laughed quietly. "Dado and Dada Jaan are asleep!"

She then took my phone that was lying on the bed and held it up to her ear. She has started to copy our words and actions. "Hello? Papa?" 

"My baby!" I pulled her towards myself, holding her close. As much as I loved my Mama and Hania time, it was much better when Fawad was with us. I was always with Hania the whole day anyway, but when he was there, and the three of us spent time together like this in our room, on our bed, I didn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

Hania's eyes were beginning to drift close, so I tucked her under the duvet. As I was finding it more and more difficult to bend now, my parents-in-law had installed a railing on one side of the bed, so that Hania could sleep here with me without me having to bend down to set her in her cot each time. 

Softly, I began to sing her a lullaby, and she was soon in Dreamland. "May Allah always protect you against all harm, and may he give you good health, happiness and a long life. Ameen." I again caressed my belly. "And I mean, both of you." 

I fell asleep, cradling my pregnant belly, with my little Hania fast asleep next to me. I was seriously living my dream life.

****

The next day, we took Hania out on a drive around Lahore. 

"You were born here, your Mama and Papa are from here." Holding her in her lap, Ammi was talking to her like Hania understood. "Some good and bad memories here." She and I exchanged a look.

My father-in-law had to go to work, so the driver dropped him off, while Ammi, Hani and I continued to the mall for lunch.

We were at the restaurant, and Ammi excused herself to go to the restroom, while I fed Hania, who sat on a high chair. 

Hania was concentrating hard on the small bits of fish fingers resting in a bowl on the high chair, and I found that very amusing. "What are you staring at with so much concentration, baby?" 

"She's wondering if these are enough to share with her Papa." A deep, warm voice replied from behind me, making my eyes widen. 

I turned.

****

I could just imagine you all screaming at your phones, wondering why I write so many cliffhangers?

How did you like this chapter about Hania?

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.2K 22
IZTIRAAR اِضْطِرار The perfect word to describe her helplessness. Can you love and lose. Can you hate Can you choose. Insia wanted to fight for her...
228K 8.8K 29
A story of two people bound in an arranged marriage and their journey of love and forever.❤️💖💞 P.s. This is the second book of the Singhania series...
497K 26.7K 76
"What's meant to be, will always find its way." Jasmina Sheikh, a spoilt, pampered princess with a kind and loving heart. An innocent crush leads to...
14.5K 799 31
"She fell first, He fell harder❤️" I am going to write the emotional and beautiful love story on Farjaad and Umeed which make you fall in love with t...