My Brother's Best Friend✔️

By Storiesfromthelads

You're going to pay for that." I whispered to her, making sure to graze my mouth across the spot that makes h... More

-Author's Note-
---
1/ flashforward
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-
31-
-Epilogue-

22-

52.1K 1.6K 405
By Storiesfromthelads

RECAP:

It was a quick kiss and was nothing compared to Ashton's lips, so I quickly pulled away in confusion.

Once I had given him a 'what the hell?' look, he finally murmured. "You'll thank me later."

Shaking my head, I turned around with the glasses, only to see Ashton's figure turning back up the stairs.

Meaning only one thing...

He had just seen Jake kiss me.

(If you are able to play the song, I have mentioned when it can be played!)

REBECCA'S POV:

Jake walked emotionlessly behind me as we wandered into the once crowded movie room.

Glancing down, I could see the half-empty pizza boxes lay in the middle of the table with Josie crouched beside them.

"I'm gonna see where they have gone." Jake spoke and collected a couple of slices of pizza as he left.

"Well that was fucking weird." Josie turned to me and handed me a plate but I just shrugged the situation off.

"No. For real. Like, Ashton left to get some more plates and all of a sudden he storms back in and then everyone just left." She continued with her hands in the air acting out her every word.

"So what? More pizza for us." I shrugged and seated myself opposite to her.

"Oooo good point." She replied and eyed up the large brown boxes.

...

The rest of the evening was spent in Josie's beautiful room. Other than the majority of her wardrobe scattered across her floor, It was fairly clean and had neutral cream walls.

We managed to binge around 5 episodes of Bridgeton before Josie dozed off, so I hesitantly turned off the laptop.

I mean, who would want to leave the smoking hot Duke?!

Deciding that I was going to grab my toothbrush from my room, I lifted her head slightly off my shoulder and shuffled out of the cozy bed.

Her snores momentarily stopped, causing me to whip my head around but I was only met with Josie's resting body.

Creaking open the door, I tried to keep the noise to a minimum as the rest of the house seemed to be asleep and I ran across the hallway and into my bedroom.

A strip of yellow light beneath the bathroom door threw me off when I entered the room, but I chose to ignore it. Flicking on a small lamp that sat on my bedside table, I was soon able to spot my toothbrush.

Glancing back at the light beneath the door, I thought back to what Josie had told me earlier.

Did I cause him to storm out of the room? -Well yeah no shit Becca. It's not like his best friend kissed you and he witnessed it happen. Oh Fuck. But why would he care? He's a player. This is what he does. He fucks one girl and then moves onto the next-

Ugh my head hurts.

Shaking away my thoughts, I flicked off the lamp after reaching for my toothpaste and tiptoed back to Josie's bathroom.

Once I had brushed my teeth, I changed into my silk pyjamas and shuffled beneath the sheets.

Half an hour of tossing and turning left me staring at the ceiling,when I impulsively jumped out of the bed and grabbed my phone and headphones.

I plugged the white wires into my phone and pressed play on spotify.

*Play song now*

I could feel the chill from the marble floor on my feet as I walked down the grand stairs. Once I had made my way to the kitchen, I turned left and used all my force to slide open the bifold doors.

My fingers frantically hooked at the door, begging for fresh air as I forced my bodyweight into the handle.

I tugged at the door with all the force that I could create, but it wouldn't budge.

Finally giving into defeat, I pulled at the door one more time before letting out a frustrated sigh.

I ran my hands up to my messy bun and tugged them back down my skin.

A headphone falling from my ear distracted me from looking at the therapeutic waves through the glass of the doors...

"Maybe a key would help." A deep voice spoke directly behind me.

I couldn't help but jump at his words. When I spun around, I could see Ashton with his sexy bed hair holding onto my earphone.

My action of spinning around didn't make Ashton step back, as his head remained hovering right above mine with his jaw clenching.

I turned back around to meet an obvious key hole in the handle of the door. I mentally facepalmed myself and looked back at him in embarrassment, to see Ashton with an amused expression.

I also didn't need to look very hard to be able to see a polished silver key in his right hand.

"A key would help if it was put into the keyhole." I spoke blunty, although inside I was enjoying our close proximity.

"Come and get it then." He smirked and I reached to his hand but he effortlessly maneuvered it backwards.

I reached again, but he only pulled it higher and at this point I was refusing to give into the urge of jumping.

Giving it one last go, I reached around his body in an attempt to get the key but he quickly pulled my hands back and pushed me against the strong glass.

"Is that the best that you can do Becca? You and me both know that you like to play games" He said as his eyes flicked between my eyes and lips.

This little fucker.

"You and me both know that I can still do a lot without my hands." I muttered next to his ear but avoided eye contact at all costs..

I saw his jaw clench again which told me that I still had an effect over him.

Whilst he was slightly distracted, I pulled my hands away from his hold and placed them on the back of his neck.

Just as I started to pull him closer, I took one hand and grabbed the key from him before twisting away.

Although I now had the key, I felt somewhat disappointed that Ashton's lips didn't have the chance to meet my own. However this quickly changed when his hand gripped onto my chin and he tilted it upwards so that I was forced to finally meet his eyes.

"Ashton this can't happen. WE can't happe-"

"-I know." His hands now moved beneath my ears and rested on my neck, almost cupping my face. "It just doesn't make wanting you any easier." He finished and there was suddenly the slightest bit of emotion on Ashton Miles' face.

Sadness.

As if it was an instinct, I pulled Ashton towards me and wrapped my arms around his toned body. He stiffened from the movement at first, but once my head naturally fell just below his shoulder, his arms wrapped themselves around me too.

It was so comforting being in his warm hold. I felt safe and comfortable with him, but at the same time, Ashton's presence could flip my stomach upside down and his touch could set my body alight.

I guess that was what made him so addictive. His mysterious aura is like a drug that you can't get enough of.

But the saddest part of all?.. I felt like I never wanted to pull away.

But that was exactly what I needed to do. After all, Ashton could never be mine and I could never be his.

With my head resting on him, I inhaled his masculine scent for the last time and slowly tugged away from him.

As I released him from my arms, he pulled me closer for a moment and brought his lips to my ear again.

"Give me one reason." He breathed out.

I lifted my head slightly so that I met his eyes. My brows furrowed in confusion at his strange comment.

"Give me one good reason why we wouldn't work."

VOTE & COMMENT <3

(It takes 1 second to leave a vote, so don't be a silent reader!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
2M 44.5K 41
His eyes darken, his pupils dilating almost entirely. His warm hand cups the back of my thigh and pulls me closer, so I am now straddling him complet...
120K 2.3K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
8M 282K 46
He's popular. I have one friend. He's outgoing. I'm quiet. He has a girlfriend. I'm alone. I'm shy and he's purely arrogant. But they say like fo...