The Jealousy Club (TJC)#4- Re...

By Beyondtheclosedeyes

"The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances... More

Author's note
Chapter 1:"In the middle of nowhere".
Chapter 2:"Clown and new entry".
Chapter 3:"Stalker".
Chapter 4:"The top four".
Chapter 5:"The come back".
Chapter 6:"50 shades of....what?".
Chapter 8:"Blood bath".
Chapter 9:"Past has awakened".
Chapter 10:"It's all going to go down".
Chapter 11:"Possessive freaks".
Chapter 12:"An inch apart".
Chapter 13:"Parasite".
Chapter 14:"Wolves?".
Chapter 15:"My hiccup".
Chapter 16:"The pleasure of cuddles".
Chapter 17:"Twisted red strings".
Chapter 18:"Been a long time".
Chapter 19:"You".
Chapter 20:"The car chase".
Chapter 21:"Secrets out".
Epilogue
The Prestige Club (TPC)#1: "GLAM"

Chapter 7:"Curiosity kills a cat".

1K 79 16
By Beyondtheclosedeyes

I have been working for a surprise for you all. All the thinking needed for it is making me so excited. I am just waiting for the right time to bring it forward. ;)

Look forward to it. ❤

*****

She sits in her favourite spot in the old library she used to come in all the time whenever she needed time for herself. She remembers the corner she would cry to herself to ease the pain in her heart.

It all started from here.

She met Awais's father in this library while she was volunteering to help the owner one day, because Awais's father couldn't find the book he needed. That was when it all started to make her who she is today.

She has a debt to his father that she is trying to repay in every way possible.

She opens the book in her hand reading through the pages and she liked to leave her mark on the book she read here. Most of the book was already marked but she knows she can't possibly read all the books in this big library.

Even when it's old, this place has it's own values and memories for all the high school students because it is located just around the corner of the most prestige school in town.

The school the top tiers went to and it has been famous ever since. Everyone wants to get in but only the richest or the one with the genius brain was able to make it in.

She did.

Because her escape from the world was the world of knowledge and she grasps a large amount of it in a short period. She didn't intend her life to come to this prestige school but somehow through the events in her life, she ended here.

With the top tiers studying by her side.

She moves to place the book at it's place but the book was supposed to be at the top shelves that she can't reach. She looks around for the ladder but it was busy so she looks at the top shelves as she tries to reach it to place the book.

She struggles for some time as her hand slipped making the book leave her hand as she shuts her eyes waiting for the book to hit her but when she felt the warm body behind her and the familiar scent, she opened her eyes.

She turns around abruptly looking at him standing in front of her with his hand still holding the fallen book. He brings the book down looking at it then back at her.

"I was thinking you will go for something similar to 50 shades--". He started and she pushed him to stop him from speaking the next words as the library was quiet and everything he says will be heard by all

He places a hand over his chest where she hit him, "Woman! Stop abusing me. Most of the time you abuse me by staying in my mind and now I have to handle the physical torture".

"Don't say disgusting things". She said biting her lips in embarrassment

"You are the one who said it". He said pointing his finger at her, "Do you want me to remind you?".

Her cheeks flare at his words, "I didn't mean it. I never read it".

He shrugged moving closer to her as she leans back instantly to the book shelves. He places his hand beside her head on the shelve, while he takes his other hand towards the top shelve placing the book in it's place effortlessly. She feels her heart leaping out of her chest at the proximity and she knows her cheeks are only making it more visible.

He looks back at her smiling, "No need to be embarrassed for having an unusual taste, my love. People all have their--".

She stepped on his feet hard narrowing her eyes at him, "If you say it one more time, I will not buy your new car".

His eyes widen, "Forgive me for the sins I have done. I promise to be on my best behaviour from now on".

She rolls her eyes pushing past him as she heads towards the exit.

"Laila?". She heard someone say as she turned to a man who looks familiar, "You are Laila, the nerd, right?. You have changed so much and now you are wearing dresses".

"Rohan?". She asked as her eyes widen in realisation and a beautiful smile comes over her lips, "I didn't think you will still come here after all these years".

"How can I not come when you used to love this place!?". Rohan said smiling

"What is this 50's movie?. Why is this line still famous to this date?". He said irritated looking at their exchange

There has to be someone every time to ruin his mood. He cannot go a day without not being interrupted.

He needs a long break.

But he couldn't have it or everyone will hover around her. He needs to stay close to her to push everyone away.

"Awais?". Rohan said confused then he looks back at her, "I never thought you will be with him of all people".

She fake a laugh at Awais narrowed eyes at her, "What are you talking about and most importantly why?".

"You don't remember?". Rohan said and she shakes her head pleading him to stop

"Know what?". He asked wanting to understand

"You don't remember her?". Rohan asked looking at him and he looks at her shaking his head, "Then again you were always on a high horse to remember anyone".

"What is that supposed to mean?". He snapped because he isn't as arrogant as he made him sound like

"You should think about our high school days". Rohan said then he turns to her, "Would you like to go to your favourite cafe?".

She smiles tightly looking at him who looks deep in thought and the confusion on his face made her want to stay with him but she chooses to flee while she has a chance.

She takes her drink after it was prepared sitting at the couch in the cafe with Rohan in front of her.

"I never thought you will work directly under him. You hated him". Rohan said

She shrugged, "Things changed with time. I have to do certain things".

Rohan nodded, "But you didn't find anyone for yourself, did you?".

"I was never looking for someone in the first place". She replied sipping her drink as she tucks a strand of her hair away

"How about you find someone now?". Rohan suggested looking at her actions knee

"I might". She said smiling, "If I want to".

"I will grace you all with my presence today". He said sitting on the couch beside her, "You can continue, I won't disturb you".

She sighs, "What are you doing here?. Don't you have lunch with your cousin?".

"The one my Ammi want me to marry?". He asked and her hand clench as she nodded meekly, "I would rather be with someone I want to be with".

"Mutual feeling. So leave". She said gritting her teeth

"That is no way to treat your boss". He said stern

"You are not my boss. Your father is my boss". She stated

"Dammit". He said groaning, "We need to sign that new contract so I can be your boss".

"I am not signing any contract with you". She said smiling slightly, "Now, be on your way".

"Why do you want to get rid of me this bad?". He asked looking at the man in front of him, "I remember you. You are the one who always taunts me about my status and how I use that to my benefit".

"Where is the lie?". Rohan asked shrugging, "Everyone knows that all of you rich kids only used your parent's name".

He narrows his eyes at him, "You see to be infuriated with our popularity. Why?. Did someone break your heart?".

Rohan's eyes darkened as he glared at him and he smirks knowing he hit the nail.

"Must be sad". He said snickering as he picks the drink on the table drinking it

"That's mine--". She started but he already drank from her drink making her sigh

"I heard Kabir died". Rohan said making his hand clenched, "Guess we all know it was coming".

That was it before he leaves his seat holding him by his collar ready to punch him when she calls his name. He turns to look at her and she shakes her head as he let go of the bastard.

He brushes his hand through his hair wanting to punch something as he leaves from there.

"You shouldn't have said that". She said angrily, "I agree that there were things in the past but that was just low of you".

"Don't you remember how he was?". Rohan said angrily, "He is still the same. How can you not see it?".

"We are all grown, Rohan". She said shaking her head, "We can be mature enough to not mock on a dead person. Excuse me".

She was worried that he might just speed off someone and end in an accident. She runs out of the cafe looking around as she continued to run until she reached the school and her breathing heavy.

She dialled his number continuously as she holds her head trying to not panic and her thoughts all going sideways. She taps her feet anxiously trying to calm herself as she looks around hoping she can find him.

At last, she decided to enter the school that turned her life around. She walks to the place he would always be in. She heads towards the rooftop gulping as she opened the door looking around.

As she enters she finds him standing near the wall with his head down. She watches him raising his hand to punch the wall but she need to stop him before he could hurt himself.

"What are you doing?". She shouted as she head towards him

He opened his eyes looking at her and she finds the sorrow in his eyes of losing his close friend.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was and how long I have been searching for you?. I called you so many times what were you doing?". She said in a single breath as she stands beside him

"I don't believe he is dead". He whispers as he turns to look at the wall they all wrote their names, "He can't die after trying to live all that time".

"Did you look into his death?". She asked watching him turn around walking to the other side

"Akbar looked into it. That is how we found he was dead". He replied nonchalantly as he looks at the school field, "I just can't believe it. He used to be closed off and he always had something going on but he was always here even when it was hard. How can he just leave after fighting so much to live?".

"We know he was into wrong things". She said softly

"He wasn't into anything. That is what people who don't know him believed". He said harshly because he didn't like people always moving away from Kabir scared of him for no reasons when they all used to throw themselves at others

She looks down, "I am sorry. I shouldn't have judged".

"I won't believe he is dead no matter what. He needs to come back. I don't care how but he has to come back to live this time". He said nodding to himself, "He protected us all back then. We will protect him this time. All I want is for him to come to us. Just once".

She didn't speak as she gives him time to mourn over his friend and she stayed by his side. She knows she is also in the ones who believed the rumours and stayed away from Kabir. Maybe she shouldn't have but she couldn't afford with the secrets of hers to be in trouble.

Even if Kabir wasn't in bad things, there is one truth about him- he is just pure trouble no one can deal with all alone.

She went back to Usman's hotel where she is staying at because Awais thinks it's the best place to live in. He requested the most expensive room and booked it for her when she clearly said no.

She sighs.

She was still worried about his state because he didn't speak after his outburst. She wishes to know more about the things around and she can't help but he curious but she forgot that curiosity can lead to a place that is forbidden.

Or it can land one in the land of forbidden without realising.

As she waits for the elevator to come to the ground floor so she can head to her room she looks around the hotel which is also the hotel that Anabia built by herself.

Her curiosity made her come to back to the top tiers.

What is more to come?.

She forgot that curiosity kills a cat and she just placed herself in front of her killer.

The elevator opens and she finds the magnificent beauty looking at her smirking.

"Romaisa". She muttered stumbling back when Romaisa moved towards her

She did sign for her death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1.1K 66
He forced her to marry, not caring about the circumstances. He was obsessed with her, but refused to accept it. He claimed to hate, he vowed to make...
31K 4.5K 60
Book 1 of From Ours To Yours Triology ABOUT THE BOOK Two strangers complete opposites of each other fall in love. But the life is not eas...
44.1K 2.9K 26
"A single moment of misunderstanding is so poisonous that it makes us forget the hundred lovable moments spent together" - Unknown It was a misunder...
21.4K 920 35
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...