Renegades One Shots (Nodrian...

Oleh PrincessRenegade

A collection of random renegades-themed one-shots! All characters, world, etc, belong to the wonderful Mariss... Lebih Banyak

Intro (Not a One-Shot)
Silent Thoughts (Nodrian)
Asking You Out (Osby)
Perfect First Date (Osby)
I'm Sorry (Nodrian)
Bloody Noses (Nodrian)
Awkward Stumble (Nodrian)
Adventures in Baking (Osby)
Movie Night (Osby)
Supernova is Here!!!
My Happy Ending (Nodrian, Spoilers!)
The Christmas Spirit (Part One, no spoilers)
Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)
Writer's Block (No Longer Relevant)
The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)
The Trials (Part 2, No Spoilers)
Soundwave's Plan (Part 1, No Spoilers)
Elementary School Osby (No Spoilers!)
Soundwave's Revenge
Dogs or Cats? (Nodrian Fluff)
Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)
The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)
Friends (Grade School Osby Rewrite)
Support (Nodrian, Major Supernova Spoilers)
Cramps and Ice Cream (Somewhat Osby, hints of Nodrian, No spoilers)
Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)
Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)
Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part Two (Spoilers)
Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)
Tragedy (No Spoilers)
Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)
Unpopular Opinion
Telling the Friends (Nodrian, Osby, Spoilers)
Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)
You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)
Nova Makes a Mistake (Nodrian, No Spoilers)
PSA For My Readers: You Guys are AWESOME
An Update
It's Out!
The Trials Series: Danna's Trials (No Spoilers)
Truth or Dare (Nodrian & Osby)
The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)
Just Ask Her Already! (Nodrian, Spoilers)
Engagements (Nodrian, Osby, Small Spoilers)
Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)
Update (Not a One-Shot)
Adrian Makes a Mistake (Supernova Spoilers)
I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)
Family (MAJOR SUPERNOVA SPOILERS)
Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)
Ask Her Out, You Useless Lesbian
You Have to Heal
I Have Closure (No Spoilers)
Book Reviews by the Characters (Major Spoilers)
Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)
Renegades on the Big Screen (Minor Spoilers)
Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)
Memories (Spoilers, Mostly Nodrian, Some Osby)
Kittens (No Spoilers)
Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

New Year's Special (Archenemies Spoilers)

287 9 3
Oleh PrincessRenegade

*Takes Place before Supernova*

Nova was nervous. It was a couple of days before New Year's Day, and there was a Renegades Gala going on. It had only been a month or so after Adrian had tried to kiss her at the carnival, and since then, the two hadn't really talked about it, and the two were a little awkward, but it had mostly gone back to normal.

And Nova still had to follow through with her mission.

But she was having second thoughts about it. Did Adrian really deserve this? Did the Renegades really deserve this?

But every time those thoughts came around, she remembered how the Renegades failed her when she needed them the most, and her parents paid the price for it.

It certainly didn't hep that Adrian had managed to crawl his way into Nova's heart, and she knew she was starting to catch feelings for the artist.

As Nova was sitting at the table of her abandoned house, Leroy came in.

"Nova? Is something bothering you?" He asked.

Nova loved Leroy. He was like a father to her, since her own had died. But Nova wasn't about to tell him that she wasn't sure she could go through with her mission.

"No," Nova replied. She paused. "Where were you?"

Leroy sat down across from Nova. "I was visiting the grave of a friend," He said.

"But you aren't supposed to go out," Nova said. "Because you're wanted."

"I disguised myself. Plus, the friend is worth getting caught for."

Nova knew there was more to Leroy's story. He wouldn't risk getting caught for any old friend, much less a dead one.

Leroy looked at Nova.

"Come on, Nova. Out with it. I know you well enough to know that something is bothering you." Leroy said.

"I'm fine. Seriously," Nova argued.

She knew Leroy didn't want to give up, but he didn't ask again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Nova laid down to sleep that night, she thought about her parents. Her loving, amazing parents.

And then she thought about how the renegades failed her. Rage and sadness boiled over in her heart, filling her whole being with pain.

It didn't matter that Adrian was good. None of that mattered. The Renegades Council needed to feel the same pain she felt.

----------------------------------------------------

The next day, everyone in the building was talking about the gala tomorrow. It was all Nova heard about throughout the day.

People were talking about dates, outfits, make-up tips, and how to slow dance. Nova wanted people to shut up about it.

As she sat in the lunchroom, she saw Adrian heading towards her.

"Nova, you barely talked to the teams this morning," He said, sitting across from her.

"I'm just not feeling talkative today," She grumbled in between bites of her salad.

Adrian began eating a granola bar.

"Any plans for tomorrow? You're attending the gala, aren't you?"

Considering that the anarchists hadn't planned to sabotage the gala, Nova hadn't even thought abut going.

"I don't know. I haven't given it much thought. I was just going to stay home with my Uncle Peter," Nova replied. To be fair, the statement was half-true, sans Uncle Peter.

"Well, if you wanted to go, I'm going to go. We could, uh, um, go together?" Nova gave Adrian a bewildered look.

"...As friends!" Adrian quickly added the last part.

Nova knew she should have said no. But despite her better judgment, the gala did sound really fun. And Ruby and Oscar would be there. Danna probably would, in her butterfly form, which Nova did feel a little guilty about.

"I don't have anything to wear," Nova replied, genuinely upset.

"You have a dress, don't you?"

Nova mentally went through her closet.

"No," She replied, shaking her head.

"Ruby could help. You guys are probably a similar size," Adrian said.

Adrian maintained eye contact with Nova.

"Ok, sure. I'll go," Nova replied.

"Great. Do you want me to pick you up..."

"No, let's meet there," Nova said. "I'll hitch a ride with Ruby."

"Ok, I'm glad you agreed to come, Nova. It wouldn't be as fun without you." Adrian said, and left the cafeteria. Nova felt her stomach clench as she swallowed her last bite of Caesar salad.

---------------------------------------------

"Ruby!" Nova shouted, trying to catch up to her friend as she got ready to leave.

"Oh, hey, Nova. What's up?" Ruby asked.

"Um, I decided last minute to go to the gala. I... I don't have a dress and I have no idea how to put on makeup. Could you help?" Nova inquired quietly.
"Of course! My mom is so good at makeup. She'll be glad to help us! And I think we're roughly the same size. You can borrow one of my dresses. I hope you like the color red," Ruby said warmly.

"Oh, ok. Thanks. I'll come to your house a couple of hours before the gala." Nova stated.

"Sounds great!" Ruby exclaimed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Nova was standing in Ruby's room, squeezed into a red dress that showed a little too much. Turns out, Nova was slightly bigger than Ruby, and to that dress, that made all the difference.

Nova tried, for the fifth time, to shove her breasts into the dress. No matter how hard she tried, a significant amount of cleavage remained.

"Oh, come on, Nova, you look hot!" Ruby said playfully. Despite Nova's embarrassment, she couldn't help but laugh at Ruby's word choice.

Nova sighed. At least the dress wasn't too short. It went down to a little above her knees and it wasn't tight at the bottom. Just the top.

Ruby's mom came bustling in carrying a caboodle (picture of a caboodle at the top ^^^) full of makeup.

Nova went first, and then Ruby. Mrs. Tucker used the makeup brush like a paintbrush, carefully adding color to their faces, but still leaving room for their natural beauty to shine through, using makeup more as an enhancer than a cover-up.

After she was done, Nova looked in the mirror, mouth agape.

"I look.... I look really good," Nova said.

"You do," Ruby agreed, putting an arm around Nova's shoulders.

"We're going to be the prettiest girls there!" Ruby said excitedly.

The girls were soon done, and Mrs. Tucker drove them to the headquarters. The girls walked to the room the gala was in. They flashed their IDs and were let in.

Adrian and Oscar were waiting by the entrance.

"Hey," Oscar said shyly.

"Hey, Oscar," Ruby said casually. Nova wondered how Ruby still had no idea that Oscar liked her.

"Hey, Nova. You look really nice," Adrian said, looking into her eyes.

"Thanks, Adrian," Nova said, suddenly blushing.

Well, shit. There goes her pathetic attempt at staying cool and collected.

"You look nice, too, Ruby," Adrian said.

"Where's Danna?"

"We assume she decided to stay home. Butterflies probably wouldn't have much fun here." Adrian said, sad about his friend. Nova's heart squeezed in her chest a little bit. Despite her and Danna not having a great relationship, Nova really did feel bad for what she did to Danna, but she knew it was necessary.

As music blared from the speakers, Nova talked to her friends as they drank sparkling grape juice and cider and the adults enjoyed champagne.

A couple minutes before midnight, a slow song came on.

"This is the perfect time to grab someone special and show your appreciation," The DJ said as people began pairing up.

"Nova, would you like to, uhhhh.... Would you like to dance? Um...With me, of course! Haha," Adrian stammered, blushing.

Nova held in a giggle.

"Sure," She said to Adrian.

The pair moved to the dance floor, next to Ruby and Oscar and began to dance.

"I'm glad you came, Nova. I had a lot of fun, even if all we really did was talk with Ruby and Oscar," Adrian said.

The continued to dance.

Nova thought about it and decided that she needed to tell Adrian everything. Even if it ruined her relationship, she couldn't continue to deceive this sweet man.

"Adrian, I need to tell you some things," Nova said quietly.

"Hold that thought, Nova!" Adrian exclaimed as a countdown to midnight appeared on the screen.

The whole room was ignoring the song and instead, eyes were glued to the screen as the whole assembly counted down as the numbers appeared on the screen.

The whole room screamed "One!" as the DJ announced, "Happy New Year's, everyone!" And people in the room began pecking their partners and/or hugging loved ones. Even Oscar kissed Ruby's hand.

Nova and Adrian looked at each other and Nova could tell the poor boy was panicking, so she put him out of his misery and pecked him on the cheek, giving him a tight hug.

As they departed, Adrian was grinning.

"Oh, what was it you wanted to tell me?" Adrian asked.

"Oh," Nova said, instantly regretting her decision. She couldn't tell Adrian and betray her uncle.

"Nothing important," She replied.

"Happy New Year's, Adrian,"

"Happy New Year's, Nova."

----------------------------------------------------

I know it's late but it's semi romantic so here.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

296K 4.6K 42
"You're not supposed to have fallen for me!" "Why, can't you see that I love you?" "Because the hero never falls in love with one of the villains!"...
2.6K 60 17
A compilation of shots revolving around Kaider, might as well include the others! Catering all your fanfic tastes for fluff, angst, hurt, comfort and...
3K 11 13
A bunch of one-shots for my favorite ship. Hope you enjoy it! **I don't own most of these characters, they belong to the wonderful and talented Maris...
14.5K 223 22
This is just a collection of One-Shots from the MMORPG Elsword! I will be taking requests!